Old 06-14-2018, 12:41 PM   #286  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Sakai - You know, those decades hold on for dear life, and will not let go easily. I've been hovering around 250 for a while. I know that part of it are the choices I've been making... not good ones... but decades are just hard. Maybe it is because we are so anxious to cross over to some new numbers. Good news on the trees! My grandma had a mulberry tree and it was awesome!! Hope yours is a fruit one!

As for me, I went back down on the scale. I think it was because I actually had a full day of being on track with food. Amazing how that works. I'm working on it again today, and I'll hopefully be going hiking tonight. No one will be home at my house, so I know I'll have the time to do it. And, I won't have to cook a bunch. The only thing that might not help is the weather. If it just stays windy, I can still go. But if the thunderstorms come in, I'm not taking that chance. If we could just get some rain!! They are calling for it this weekend, so hopefully it can rain and we can get some relief from the fires everywhere.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 11:49 PM   #287  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

Slashnl- We might get rain this weekend too. I guess from the leftovers of tropical storm Bud. I hope we do. It'll be a nice kickstart to the monsoon season, which so far has been pretty dry. Sadly. Many people are nervous. since the mountain burned quite a bit, they are worried about flash floods and mudslides. It's a very real threat if it rains hard enough or long enough.
And yes! This Decade is dragging its feet. I can see the finish line though, I'm at 260.2 So very close.

My man and I are taking it easy this weekend, food wise. Normally, all the interesting Keto recipes get made on the weekend, but since He want's to jump start his weight loss again (As it stalled from being sick last weekend) and mine has slowed to a crawl, where going to keep it to the same simple fare we have on the weekdays. Which takes all the work and thinking out of cooking for me. Yay! I also plan on painting the kitchen this weekend so I guess it's good that it's going to be simple as the kitchen will be nearly unusable for much, if not all weekend. I'm slowly getting rid of these white walls. I hope the simple food, and keeping busy painting will push me pass this last .2 pound
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 01:11 PM   #288  
Diane

Sakai: Yeah, you sound like you are all feeling like we are with the dryness and the fires. I just hope it rains. So far, we are getting some cloud cover, which is pretty amazing by itself, but tomorrow is supposed to be our best chance of rain, also from "Bud". Hope you enjoy your weekend! Weekends tend to set me back some, but I'm going to try to do better this weekend.

As for me, I slipped back under 250. It is great, but I worry about going into the weekend. But, I just need to stay disciplined. It might be easier since I'll be alone through most of it. I'm baking a cherry pie for my husband for Father's Day. I'm not a huge fan of cherry pie, so I won't be overindulging in that, so at least that is a plus.

I went for a hike last night. It was nice to do, even though it was pretty hot. I didn't feel too bad until I drove home. Even with the air conditioning on, I was sweating a lot. Just drank a lot of water to try to make up for it. I went to spin this morning, and although it was a struggle, I was glad I went. I hope to go to Spin tomorrow too. Just trying to stay on task with my normal workouts. Hope everyone has a good weekend!
Old 06-17-2018, 03:48 AM   #289  

S/C/G: 264.5/211/170

Height: 5’5

Hi all,

I wanted to join the thread as I’ve woken up in a seriously low place. I worked so hard for years to get to onederland, getting to 160 at my lowest. But losing my dad to cancer triggered binge eating that has taken me back up to 212. I’ve booked my wedding for 26th June 2019 so I’m committing myself to the process and I think this will help. I’ve tried over the last year to make a change but keep struggling, really hope I can master it this time with all your awesome inspiration!

Looking forward to connecting with you all,

X
Onemorechance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 07:20 PM   #290  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Im back!

And I’m probably heavier! But kids and I had good times making grandma visit memories. I haven’t reread through so sorry my responses may not be what you are Looking for!

I may wait to try the scale as TOM snuck up on me as well and y’all know I eat then. The next few days I’ll be running w the kids plus we’ve got to get to the pool now that we are back and maybe just maybe I can start working my way back down the scale. I’m sure going to try!

Hello all - hello new person from England! You can do this - I took up swimming before I got married - it shaped everything. And losing a dad is not easy ever and I’m sorry you too experienced this type of loss. Maybe your soon to be will help join you in weight-loss.

Ok I’m off to unpack - more tomorrow when my life slows some (that is if we’ll have power mighty fierce storms a cooking!) before I’m on a quick spring yet again.

Happy week ahead!
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 09:08 AM   #291  

No scale and no IF this morn

Have to run w the kids, canceled one overlapping appt already, need to call in a script and pack up the car for doctor appointment and grocerying. The good news is I have coffee. The bad news is I’m sure my weight is up. I didn’t even bother to hop on the scale. Blck.

Can I ask why a whole watermelon is still $6? I usually pay 2.50-3 on an expensive day.

I aim this week to try to get back on track it may just work out tomorrow once the fridge is refilled and my house put back together from traveling.

Happy new week all! My area is floating w excess water due to all the rains. I’m not complaining it makes for lucious plants thus far! And lots of weeds. Well have to see how it all goes - but right now I came home to a bounty of colors and huge plants. Guess my banana peel treatment worked!
Old 06-18-2018, 06:03 PM   #292  

S/C/G: 264.5/211/170

Height: 5’5

TY Lemonthyme!

Had a good day today, I’ve been exercising daily and trying to stay focused with my food. Did some boxing this morning which was awesome, but struggling a bit as it’s my time of the month and I’d rather just eat everything ��. Hope that maybe at least one Lb of my weight is water retention for my period / maybe that’s wishful thinking lol
Onemorechance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 06:11 PM   #293  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Howdy All

This is just a drive-by post because I'm back from my trip and SO BEHIND on work!! Trip to Yellowstone was Ah-Maz-ing!!! Best part was the hike I took with my son-- no problem whatsoever hiking up those hills so my prep paid off! Am with my mom at her summer cottage now-- hopped on the scale when I arrived and almost fainted to see that I had gained 10 lbs on the trip!! But then my rational brain took over and I realized it was just the scale. So, I'm down one, to 222, since departure-- not bad since my good choices were sort of random and not always perfect. Hope to catch up with everybody soon!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 06:21 PM   #294  

Just made a huge salad and chicken in the oven. I think I’ll shred it and then everyone can have what they feel hungry for. Well my mom hopped on the scale and she was down a few pounds - and we did have ice cream often the both of us - so I’m like 2% hopeful my scale is as kind.

Uber: yeah for you! Is moms cottage in Cali as well? How fun and how many edits came back to you? I had planned to read and sure as heck did - one lousy paragraph. Tell me - I’ve been busy!

One: boxing sounds most interesting - I did tae bo back in the day (only like 4x w a vhs tape - yes - I said a while ago ) and I’d always end up almost asthmatic. Needless to say I do not sport a finely shaped body these days. Keep it up and you’ll have svelte shoulders!

Hello all!

Totally not caring today I’ve been running so fast. On top of all I did today I still have a mess here in the house. I see piles everywhere I turn. Then I get in the bath by a mirror and see rolls. I can’t win on any front but I will just go w the flow today.

Anyway I’d just thought I’d stop by and say hello. More tomorrow if my brain doesn’t run away from me.

Last edited by lemonthyme; 06-18-2018 at 06:21 PM.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:57 PM   #295  
Less is more.

Hello all!
Lemon- glad you had fun on the trip! And I hear you about watermelons. Urg. Prices here are $4.50ish for a medium and over $6 for the large long ones. Price bottom out the week before the 4th of July in my area though. The super large ones drop to about $3 then. and then they shoot back up the next week. We get watermelon only once a year now.

One- Welcome!

Ubergirl-Bet that was a mini heart attack. @.@ curse those broken scales.

As for me I got to taste 259 for a few hours when I got up Friday. It was so very nice. Now after the weekend I gained 5 pounds of water weight. >.< And I was super good this weekend too. My only carbs came from one dark chocolate piece. (which was my reward for getting into the 250's) it had only 4 carbs and was the first bit of sugar I've had in many weeks. I did however, fog snack on some raw peanuts Saturday night. And then again Sunday morning. I tried not to eat too many (I get the ones you have to shell) but I'm sure I had more than a serving which would put me over my carb limit. I didn't think I'd gain 4 pounds of water from literally peanuts.
I just got off the scale to see that I dropped a little over a pound of the water already. I can't help but feel super demotivated by returning so far back into the 260's.
I need to start getting off my but and exercising.
Old 06-19-2018, 08:45 AM   #296  

Sakai: I am not at all happy w the watermelon prices. I have found it’s a great water remover in the summer! However I also find if I eat some after dinner I find I’m in the bathroom in the middle of the night w a full bladder but my scale is always nice looking! I got other fresh produce and will check again today as the little and I have to run to therapy and I forgot a 1/4 of my grocery list trying to get to yesterday’s appt on time. How’s your new tree looking?

Uber: enjoy your cottage visit. What does your mom enjoy doing while there? Does it become harder for her w/o the eyesight or does she manage well?

One: can I ask - do all in the Isles have tons of hats/fascinators in your closets? I have always been a fan of a hat but here in the US it’s not big at all unless perhaps a horse race (or maybe high society - but I’m far from that!) like the Kentucky Derby. Where will your wedding be? We honeymooned in Ireland and had met a couple at the BnB we stayed at who also were married the same weekend we were. They had met at this particular one while traveling w friends a year prior if I recall. Our hosts were tickled to have two newlywed couples at the same time.

Toasted: how’s your scale looking? I haven’t braved mine. Maybe after I get my coffee in. I’m just afraid today I’ll let it put me in a foul mood. Can’t have that at all!

Diane: how is the return to spin going? Have you decided to try any new hairstyles of late? I’m contemplating taking mine off and letting it be short and sassy and perhaps curl back up! Who knows and I may leave it similar for one more cut and then make changes after this wedding less I look like I will have a fat face and big shoulders in pictures.

Hello all!

Haven’t found the scale yet - maybe when I shower.

I’m thinking to take my kids strawberry picking tomorrow morning early. The field can dry out some as it’s to rain most of today into early evening. So we’ll get out our grubby clothes and shoes and hats and get the alarm set for early as they begin picking at 7. I seem to recall it took us like 1/2 hour the last time to fill two flats. Nothing like a fresh berry from the plant!

Other than that I feel quasi thin when I’m lying down my belly is not as pronounced but that doesn’t mean my weight is down. Will see if I’m brave enough for the scale. I’ll update my post if I do so. Happy day all!
Old 06-19-2018, 12:43 PM   #297  
Less is more.

Lemon- I hear you about the water power of watermelon. In a small enough serving, I'm allowed to have it. Any more and it's too many carbs.
I dropped 2 pounds of water overnight. I had to visit the bathroom 2 times last night (and 4 times while at work) But it was so worth it to see 259(.6) on the scale once more. My secret....tea.
Currently, my favorite mug is 3 cups big. And I'll drink non-caffeinated tea, herbals and such. I thought it was a fluke the first time it happened, but I've repeated it 3 times so I think I discovered a trick. 3 cups (my one mug) of Detox tea before bed seems to flush that water right out of me. Of course, it always helps to get right back on my set diet and be active at work and all. I tried weeks without the tea and it takes me almost all week to drop that water. It might work for you in place of expensive watermelon.

My trees look great! We ended up getting a nice amount of rain on the weekend and plants love nothing more than rainwater. my Apricot is thriving and my fig sprung back up after it's sun scalding. The little mulberry sprout is nearing two feet tall now with even more leaves than it had when we transplanted it. I'm ecstatic, you've no idea how much I wanted to grow trees and never had any luck. If they survive the winter, I'll be over the moon.
Old 06-19-2018, 02:21 PM   #298  
Diane

OneMore: Welcome! Glad you could join us! You'll be back down to where you want to be, and hopefully we can all offer support as you get there.

Lemon: Strawberry picking sounds like fun! I hope you have a great time. I am not doing anything different with my hair right now. I am giving it a break for now, since I put it through so much getting it to gray. It is growing out nicely, so I'm happy!

Sakai: Glad to hear that the trees are doing well. It is so hard to get back on track sometimes! I know that all too well.

Uber: So happy to hear you had a good time! We'll wait to hear some details!

As for me, I had an extra day off yesterday, so I didn't make it on here. I went back above 250, so still fighting that decade. Not much else going on. I've been doing well with exercise and getting on track that way, so at some point, I'll get back down....
Old 06-20-2018, 05:41 AM   #299  

It looks like they updated the site at least on my phone.

didnt I say I was leaving the crappy 30s? Yeah, that didn’t work.

So my day began early as I’m filled w worry partly on things that shouldn’t even be thoughts to waste time on! Oh when will I learn. I have my coffee going and watching the news while writing you all. I think diet wise I’ll have to just try my best - as in I’m afraid w the kids home I’m just going to coast. I’d like to find my diet mojo but right now I struggle with keeping the food at a minimum and calories in check. So if y’all are fine with me not keeping a moving downward trajectory but allow me to post - maybe that will at least make me feel like I have a toe in the game. And when I can get back on track go forward.

Sakai: yeah for the trees growing for you! I went out and looked at my garden. My tomatoes are huge right now (well the plants that is). Keep up their watering and babying and they’ll be ok. Thanks for the tea thought - anyone in particular? I’ve used green tea in the past but have segued back to coffee of late. I’ve used other teas - but that was w pregnancy.

Diane: well if the hair is growing - did you try any new colors or have you noticed w a tan your hair just shines differently?

hello all!

well I best go face my day. Strawberry picking in a few hours. The kids are excited and I’m just happy to pick and get them in the freeezer but I need to make sure I keep some set aside in the fridge for snacking. I enjoy snacking as I pick I’ll admit!

ok happy day all! More later as the day progresses and y’all post!
Old 06-20-2018, 06:17 AM   #300  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey guys. I disappeared because it was a long holiday weekend for the end of Ramadan and for the Muslim celebration of Eid (we had Friday and Monday off) and I kind of skipped opening my home computer. Anyway, to cut a long story short, it was lowkey a mess. It was also a TOM weekend and I was a food monster and just couldn't stop eating ALL the things. I'm semi back on track now by which I mean, I'm still out of my desired calorie range but still under maintenance calories. As TOM dissipates, I'm trying to claw my way back into range but it's hard. I haven't yet had the gumption to weigh in after the weekend, especially not with the added inevitable TOM scale bump. Hopefully tomorrow. Let's see how today goes. I think it could be okay, calorie-wise.

Lemon: As a recent member of the Pixie committee, I vote for you to do it. I still wear my twinsets but suddenly, everyone thinks I look less preppy and more young and funky and cool because shaved sides. They did update the site and it's looking A LOT fancier. What is this "auto-saving" thing? I love it. Hopefully it means an end to lost posts!

Sakai: I'm so sorry to hear that your husband was under the weather! Poor thing! I'm glad he's feeling better. Booooo the 260s holding on to you, but keep plugging away, you'll win!

Jenni: I'm not very handy so I have a lot of sympathy with people who aren't either. DIY isn't really a culture here and the set up isn't at all DIY friendly- no Home Depots or Lowes or Ikea any of those kinds of stores that have kits or sets of flatpacks and there isn't really a lot of or any pre-fab. It's the sort of thing where if you want furniture, you either buy it ready built or an actual carpenter builds it for you from wood that he'll source for and work on for you. I mean technically, you could go to the market for the appropriate equipment or materials or parts but those are geared towards professional, and I think a lay person would have a lot of difficulty and it could get very expensive for a one-off project compared to the cost of getting a professional to do it for you. Labour here is cheaper than in America, though.

Diane: I agree that working out in the morning is way better! By evening I feel like I'm dragging. Not that I've been getting a lot or any workouts in because I've been dragging in the mornings as well. But everyday might be the day I start. My birthday is next week so, new year, new age, new workout routine? Sending you all the weight loss karma that you zip right through that 250 bugbear and down the 240s!

Uber: Yay safe and fun travels!!! So great that your hike prep paid off and you had a good time. Also dropping weight even whilst on vacation! In total awe!!!

OneMoreChance: I'm so sorry about your loss and I'm praying for strength and peace for you. Do not despair, one thing you know is that you can do this because you've done it before. And you have a realistic timeline to do it in. Welcome, you've picked the perfect community for encouragement and support and grace and kindness as you go on your relosing journey. Also, can I just say, excellent choice of wedding date- said from an only very slightly birthday biased perspective

Okay guys, I've got to get to work. Praying everyone has a safe, fulfilled, bles
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote