Old 06-08-2018, 01:28 PM   #271  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Lemon: Hope you have a great time this weekend! And hopefully all the stuff you have to do today doesn't drive you crazy before you go!!

As for me, I had a nice little drop on the scale. Not huge, but at least it is down. I did much better yesterday with food, but still not quite there yet. No spin this morning, so I need to work on getting back in my routine next week.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 09:41 AM   #272  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey guys, I hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was alright. I had errands etc but it's okay- I delivered a 2-month late birthday present to my aunt for her 50th birthday and then I went to help my dad pick out a new tv for the World Cup. It's gorgeous and giant and I want to watch it (even though I tried to talk him down from the size and specs) and I don't really watch much tv. In fairness, the old tv that this fancy new giant bells and whistles tv is replacing is 13 years old and not HD or LED or smart with wifi or anything- remember that first generation of plasma/flat screen tvs from the early-mid 2000s, it's one of those. It wasn't the most relaxed of weekends, but it was pretty awesome. I've been feeling a lot better and a lot more hopeful about things and closer to God. I think that's helping a bit with staying on plan as well. It's hard to be depressed and care enough to be on plan, but then again, I suppose if you're me, it's also hard to be happy and stay on plan. It's just hard to stay on plan, in summary.

The scale has been cooperating. From being at the cusp of 200lbs, I'm now back in the early 190s, well early-mid 190s (193.5). I however think my body has finally caught up to my weight gain as I decided today I was not going to wear elasticated waist pants to work (the most glorious invention for grandmas ever. Look like proper pants, feel like sweatpants). So I wasn't ambitious or anything, I wore a pair of my formerly chubby size 12 pants from Banana Republic this morning and they were indecently tight. They were "girl you know this is not your size"-tight. "Stop tripping" tight. "Pants-are-side-eyeing-you" tight. You know what I mean. So I put on my worst-case-scenario-last-resort largest pants from Mango which are also a 12 but a vanity 12 because that's how that store rolls and those fit perfectly. So yes, I can say I'm a 12, but I know I'm not really because even at the beginning of these year, those pants wouldn't stay up on their own over my hips without me rolling the waist a few times. So in essence, the scale is giving me one sort of reinforcement, but my body is giving me another. Fun times. I'm still encouraged and trying to stay on plan. This was probably my BEST on plan with food weekend in literal YEARS. Yesterday, I tracked and even though I at at maintenance calories- I didn't go over that, I felt good, not overstuffed, not sick or indigested or uncomfortable, and it was FABULOUS. I would ideally like to be back on the lower end of my calorie range today but I'm thinking I might land smack dab in the middle in the end which is also fine.

Lemon: I hope you're having a good trip. I'm feeling a lot better and lighter of spirit, thanks be to God. I've got no further travels planned till December/New Years, unless fingers-crossed, something comes up for work. Re: royal weing... it was A LOT, wasn't it? I have ratchet ways so I was engrossed in the family drama leading up to the wedding, poor Meghan. But on the day itself, she looked absolutely beautiful. I love her love with Harry- it was sooooo swoontastically romantic. The news/media coverage was a little EXTRA for me- like they're adorable but by the end of the day, I was ready to stab my eyes with forks because it was unescapable. Anyway, back to the wedding itself, I really like that Meghan didn't get steamrolled into having a blah typical royal wedding but brought some.... culture. That was different. Woke people up, I think. What did you think of it all? I hope you get a bit of your diet mojo back. I agree with Jenni about the need to maybe have a heart-to-heart with your hubs. Just like it wouldn't be fair for you to force him to eat your way if he's not ready to, it's not cool for him to make your journey harder with emotional pressure. I get it because I come from a family that shows love with food and food gifts, but if it's throwing you off and making you unhappy, I'm sure he wants to support and help you achieve your goals, maybe some real talk about what you need and don't need and the kind of support you'd like from him is in order. Preferably before he goes out to buy all the temptation and includes a share for you in it. I'm sorry about the loss of your dad- that's really hard; my dad and I are kindred spirits (if you speak Anne of Green Gables) and it would be incredibly devastating to lose that advice and love and closeness. ALL the hugs to you.

Jenni: Yay 2-teens!!! How was the weekend renovation??? Hawaii is definitely a bucket list desination for me as well. I hope the volcanos there settle down for everyone's safety but also bonus, would be you getting to go. I shaved off my sides and back of my hair down as in literally buzzed them off. I'm down to maybe about 1/4-inch in the back and sides and 2-3 inches up top. You should definitely be taking that 1 FULL DAY off a week, just for sanity. Do you have a timeline for when you think you'll be done with all the reno or is it like a lifelong/ongoing project sort of situation?

Diane: You're so right about the fresh cut giving me a fresh perspective. I also really like your point about college athletes. It kind of reminds me of grown up life in general. I think adulting sucks out a lot of the youthful optimism and joy of doing things just because we love them from many of us- and doing it for the payday becmes the order of the day. Yay exercise mojo and scale victory!!!

Alright guys, I've got to go. Uber, I imagine you've left for your trip and I'm praying you have journey mercies and safe travels. Have a great day everyone.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 10:17 AM   #273  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Height: 5'6

Lemon: Thank you for the advice, I will take that will me when I go. I am doing a light gray. I did a two toned gray in the front room and decided to do a lighter gray throughout the kitchen and living room. I sure hope your trip to your moms went great!

Diane: I so get it. I go off track for a meal and the next day I have the munchies. I hope it is going well for you!

Toasted: Sounds like you had a great weekend. And I know those pants that are too tight. I try and avoid trying on until the last minute, which doesn't work out all that well. I am glad you are feeling less depressed, that is always a not so fun life situation to be in. It really does affect all areas of life. Reno....I am hoping to get the downstairs completed by the end of the summer and then I will look at where I want to go. After the kitchen is done its just painting and flooring in the downstairs. I want to redo the stairs in wood too and reface the banisters. Then its basically painting upstairs and the two bathrooms. The house was built in 2004 so its not bad. I just HATE tile on the counter tops and I hate the prefab showers. So we are just customizing it to us. It is a lot of time but hopefully worth it in the end. So this year I am just focusing on the downstairs. When the refaced cabinets are paid off we will focus on the upstairs.

Busy weekend. I worked on the house. I had to organize everything I pulled out of the kitchen. The cabinets are refaced and the counter tops are going in today. I lined all the kitchen cabinets yesterday and scrubbed them out. I organized and cleaned out the pantry. I put in the flooring in the front room. I am not looking forward to pulling out the old laminate. Next weeks project is the back splash in the kitchen.
jenjenangel027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 12:22 PM   #274  

S/C/G: 299/263/150

Height: 5' 4"

I hope I can jump in here. I've been away from the site for a long time. I've always been active in the "Getting out of the ..." groups but it looks like it hasn't been active for a few months. Anyway, two years ago i went from 299 to around 245. Since then I've gained back to a high of 283, which was this March. I'm currently at 263. My current goal is to get to 250. Ultimately, I would like to end up around 150-160.

I tend to be successful on a low carb diet so I'm trying that again. So far, so good. I need to start exercising.
gagirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 01:20 PM   #275  
Diane

Toasted: I'm so happy you are feeling better now. It is so hard sometimes getting out of that depressed, funk feeling. I know I try to just keep out of it by minimalizing things that make me frustrated... like weight loss... but sometimes it just catches up to you and you have to take a moment and regroup. Being patient with yourself as you get back on top again. Glad your scale is being nicer now. I had to laugh at your description of the elastic waist pants. I have to admit to wearing those a lot. Part of it is because of weight, but the other part is that I get so tired of having to repair buttons on pants, or worse yet, those hook things they have now. UGH!

Jenni: Ah yes, the tile countertops. I have those. That is one thing I would like to redo when we have money/time. I hate them!! I haven't decided what I would want to go with, being that we have a very old house, with a country house style to it. I really like the concrete countertops, but that would probably not look that good in my house.

gagirl1: Welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you better. I know what you mean about the "Getting out of the..." groups. I was frequenting those often, but then I found that you would lose track of "friends" as you moved out of a group, or they moved out of a group. And, I would feel so competitive, too, that it wasn't a healthy thing! Anyway, WELCOME!!!

As for me, I had a decent weekend, but yesterday I was not feeling well at all. I think it must have been something I ate, because I feel fine today. I had lost some weight already last week, but I think that being sick acted as a good "cleanse" (sorry, TMI), and the scale was looking good this morning. Hopefully, it won't jump back up!

I skipped spin this morning to make sure I was feeling ok. They have another class after work, so I think I'll go to that. I don't need to get out of my routine...
Old 06-11-2018, 02:39 PM   #276  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

At moms and it’s been raining every freaking day. So - my walks have not been there. But I did scrub floors and carpets for her; so it’s jot like I’m totally sitting on my duff!

I’ll post more later once phone is charged and kids relaxed into evening. I hope you all are well!
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 08:45 AM   #277  

Well my shorts still feel loose so that’s a good thing I’ve room yet in the waistband and seat. It’s raining again on and off. So much for the outdoor pool w the kids today!

Gagirl: welcome! I’m sure you’ll notice I get stuck often. I eat. join in and I hope you find this group helpful!

Diane: go you! I saw a headline they find injuries in spin are reflective of those in car accidents. Frankly what do you injure unless you pitch off a bike?or is it just the stress on joints. I didnt read the article fully I’ll admit but I thought I’d ask an active spinner.

Jen: I hope you enjoy and use your new space tons! How fun making he whole house your families own. Oh there are always things at my house I’d love to do. However right now it’s all the maintenance outdoors and washing almost 30 windows (old house but darn that old girl has lots of windows) to wash which I never got done last year. And eaves cleaning out (love hanging on a ladder reaching out icky cruddy wet leaves). So one day I’d love to join your decorating endeavors (weight numbers too!).

Toasted: my dd and I dvr’d the wedding and had a “breakfast and tea” for dinner while wearing tiaras and watching. I simply found it hilarious the faces the royals were caught making during - Zara’s eyes told a lot. If you want a laugh watch this video which is a spoof but these clips always make me laugh:

Bad lipreading. I particularly laughed hard with the unicycle comment.

I’m sorry your spirit is low. Yes I love Anne of green gables! Did you ever watch the films w Meghan fellows? And did you know there man who played Gilbert died in the last couple of years? So I understand the kindred spirit comment! Enjoy your time and visits with dad - so important as you continue to age.

Hello all!

Happy day there! Raining and somewhat humid here. Plans are fluid anyway as this is more a kids visit to know grandma. We’ve been doing this since our first was little I’d come for a week and just let them be with each other. Even if it’s just learning personalities and getting daily hugs and kisses. My ILS are a town over so they see them often.

My diet is out the window but I’m trying my best on eating - sandwiches I’m doing only 1/2 ones and limiting the other craziness that food presents.

But I’ll weigh in Monday and see where I’m at.

Happy week all!
Old 06-12-2018, 08:51 AM   #278  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey guys. Yesterday went okay. I ended up on the higher end of mid-range in my calorie and it's looking like it will be that way again today, although we'll see. My estimates sometimes differ a bit in weight when I've actually cooked stuff up and weighed it so it's always a bit of an adventure discovering what my calorie total actually is. And I suppose all of that could be fixed by meal prepping but really who wants to eat Sunday's re-warmed fish on a Wednesday- not me, I say, so I live dangerously.

Diane: I'm with you on the convenience of the elasticated waist. I hope you're feeling better for sure after the weekend "cleanse." Probably a good idea to skip rigorous exercise and not jostle your insides too much until you're sure everything is really settled down.

Jenni: I now see why you're super busy every weekend. There's a lot of projects to do to get things how you want. I mean if it's your home, you may as well make it your dream home. I'm not a fan of prefab showers either. Are you and your husband very handy, generally? Or are you learning as you go?

gagirl1: Hi! Welcome! Good to meet you and looking forward to getting to know you. Congrats on losing so much of your regain. We all here know how real THAT struggle is! After maintaining more or less for 5 years, I had a significant regain in the past year and I'm trying to get back to my all-time low at least before deciding my maintenance weight. How low carb do you prefer to be? Like keto extremism or just moderately low? I'm a carb-aholic but right now I'm trying to stay under 100g of carbs a day which for me, is LOW for my carb-adoring self. What's your carb goal?

Lemon: I'm sorry the weather has been poop but at least you're staying active- even if it's not in the most exciting way. How's everything going otherwise? YES I've seen THAT Anne movie and YES I knew about Gilbert! I was obsessed with Anne! I can't stop laughing at the Bad Lip Reading!!! It's too much!!! I also particularly enjoyed the faces the royals were making. I mean I aspire to be THAT shady! What's the forecast like where you are? Is it going to rain all the time before you leave? Or are you at least promised one pool day before you go back home?

Alright guys, I have to go. I wish you all an amazing on-plan day and favour in whatever you're striving for today!

Last edited by toastedsmoke; 06-12-2018 at 09:10 AM.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 12:38 PM   #279  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Height: 5'6

Gagirl1:. This is a great group jump in!

Diane: Concrete countertops are so cool! I was going between concrete and quartz. I decided on quartz eventually because I wanted gray cabinets. Yes tile I can do on floors or backsplash but not countertops!

Lemon: I hear you on outside work! Work never stops when you own a house! I'm sore every weekend from working on it! I will be happy when the downstairs is done. Probably take a couple months off and start again! It's not nice on the money we have had to give up stuff to keep going!

Toasted:. I'm the handy one LOL!!! My husband is ADHD and he does not do handy work. I learn on YouTube. I have amazed myself at what I manage to do!

So I will attempt to hook my kitchen sink up tonight. The garbage disposal is on the opposite side so piping has to be reconfigured. I put away the kitchen last night. The countertops are mostly in but the messed up on the two littliest counters and have to come back. Other than that it looks amazing! I will attempt to put in the backsplash this weekend!
jenjenangel027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 02:14 PM   #280  
Diane

Lemon: Sounds like you are keeping busy with cleaning anyway! I'm not sure how the spin injuries would compare to car injuries. There was one time that I was going faster (they call it "running") on the bike while not sitting, and I hurt my knee. I think it was from not being careful to not hyperextend it. You need to keep your knees bent most of the time on the bike. Other than that, I haven't seen many injuries.

Toasted: Yep, I'm with you on the logging calories. Meal prep isn't my thing. I like taking sandwiches or salads in my lunch, and to me, if you do them too far ahead of time, everything is soggy. Yuck!

Jenni: Quartz is a great choice! I love some of the styles/colors they have in quartz. I actually think that is probably better for my house than the concrete. While I like the concrete, it just doesn't seem like a good fit for me.

As for me, I ended up going to spin last night. It really is so much harder to do after work, so I need to keep going to the morning class. But, it was good to get it done. Tuesdays are usually rest days, but I'm thinking about going for a hike. We'll see how it goes. My weight went back up some, but I'm still down from last week. Little victory. I had a feeling that drinking more water yesterday would boost it back up. Oh well. I just need to focus and lose real weight. Ha!
Old 06-12-2018, 11:50 PM   #281  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

Hey all! So sorry for the blip of silence. Again.
My man decided it was a good idea to go and get Bacterial bronchitis. With his horrible asthma (Which Dr.s are upgrading to COPD) it was pretty nasty for him and we ended up in the emergency room. The dr.s didn't seem too worried as his lung x-ray looked fine. They said it just seems bad because of his lung issues already.
They also want to do an in home sleep study on him. Which I've never heard of. Do they come to your house? Or is it something you set up yourself? I would feel odd sleeping with strangers in my house. I'm at work so he would be here alone with them with my not so friendly-to-strangers dogs. I assume then that it's something you set up yourself when you are ready for bed.

Gagirl1 I'm doing low carb as well. This is my first time doing it and I'm finding it shockingly easy. I wonder why I never tried it before. I started in january at 298 and in march was down to 288. then I started low carb and now I'm 260. It may not be as fast as some other people lose on low carb. But I'm enjoying the never feeling hungry part. makes IF so much easier to do.
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 07:33 AM   #282  

Sakai: at home sleep study if for apnea - they pair your man with a monitor he puts on at bedtime and I believe one part goes on his hand/finger. It’s about the size of a large iPhone and it just records a constant pulse ox I believe. If there are further need for testing that one he sleeps away from home in their setting and will tell him how many times he “wakes” in an hour ie the apnea portion. We had both a family member and a friend who woke well over 65 times an hour. No wonder these people were always tired (and heavy) they both moved to CPAP machines and have lost a deal of weight and feel tons better. Hope that helps Settle your worries. It’s pretty benign no weirdos watching you sleep (yet)

Toasted: I loved the sideeye and then the bad lip reading - I could watch for hours! The things they “say” paired up w their mouth movements. The golden unicycle though was perfect! And sad on Jonathan crombie - he was a nice looking man in the day. Yes I’m an advocate for those who have dads left to enjoy time with them. I lost mine when I was in my 20s so he didn’t get to be part of my big life moments as an adult/bride/Mom and I have to be sure to tell his story to my own kids so they will know about their grandpa. Otherwise - make sure you love your pops tell him he’s loved and enjoy his company and conversations if you can. Give him a hug for all of us missing ours!

Jen: your house will be beautiful when done. I too turn to online for help (since dad is gone). I used to have a boss who was a wealth of home repair knowledge to but he moved to the east coast in retirement and I miss the ease in getting an answer (he was not the best on email when we worked why in retirement?). So we do what we can do to make things work! My DH missed out on learning simple repairs for homes. But at least he can change out light fixtures and outlets well. I told him maybe his anniversary gift will be a bunch of weekend fixit lessons at the Home Depot. We learned to change a toilet wax ring w YouTube. So I get it!

Diane: I’ll have to see if I can find that article. It was just a weird headline and I have rode on recumbents enough to know bikes usually aren’t too harmful (even the spinners). Good for you for getting back on the saddle!

Gagirl: how is your outlook today?

Uber/lil/Laurie: hope all is well! Return when you can - I’m not dieting the best right now either! Hop in for your pleasantries!

Hello all!

I’ve been drinking a lot of coffee and staying away from soda this week. But the ice cream - argh. But I’m enjoying my kids w my mom so that’s good.

I get my hair cut next week and I think (think) I may have a pixie-ish done. Longer in the front but just super short all over. I’m just feeling way old when I look in the mirror and like a bad 80s political wife if I don’t wash it daily my curls/waves go kaput! And the whites - let’s not talk on those. So I’m thinking sassy is the way to go. And no - DH already knows I will cut it all off willy nilly - when we first married he said I like it longer and I said are you going to wash and style it for me and he said no - I said good because I’m shearing it off. My hair:don’t care - I’m sure I’ll look heavier for a bit until I grow into it (or shrink because of it )

Happy day all I have to wake the kid to make their coffee cake recipe for grandma.

Last edited by lemonthyme; 06-13-2018 at 07:36 AM.
Old 06-13-2018, 08:05 AM   #283  

Diane: if I read further - this then makes some sense: spin
Old 06-13-2018, 01:37 PM   #284  
Diane

Sakai: Ugh! That sounds awful for you. I hope that he gets to feeling better and maybe the sleep studies will help with that.

Lemon: Interesting article about spin. I can imagine that some people exert way more than I do, especially if they are doing it so many times per week. The most I do is 4 times a week. I don't think my "parts" could take any more days on the spin bike!

As for me, I went up some on weight. I had a higher than anticipated calorie day yesterday, so not too surprising. Disappointing, but not surprising. So, doing better today with staying on plan. I went to spin this morning. I plan to go to Body Pump tomorrow. Could be painful since it has been a while. Oh boy....
Old 06-13-2018, 11:25 PM   #285  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

Hello all.

Lemon- thank you for putting us at ease! ^.^ we called to schedule it, but it won't be until the middle of August @.@ they must be pretty busy.
Slashnl- yeah it wasn't a nice weekend. But my man is already feeling better and is back to work. The new inhaler they gave him really opens him up so he can breathe, that was his only real issue for feeling icky. I mean I'd feel icky too if I couldn't breathe@.@

I'm feathering breaking the 260 mark and it's driving me nuts. I've been losing a pound here and pound there, but as soon as I'm about the break into a new decade it slows to .2 increments for like two weeks. At the moment I'm 260.4 and I wanna see 259 so bad, it's so close. Maybe if I have a fast day, it'll break me into it haha. I'm pretty sure I'll be saying this every time i'm about to break into a new decade.

In other news, my Apricot tree is taking off! it's looking so nice and healthy and lots of new growth. I'm excited. My fig developed sun burn and we had to make a sunshade with burlap and it's doing much better, but no new growth yet. I'm not sure If I told you guys, but I had a wild mulberry tree sprout up against my house last year, this year we dug it out and replanted it and against all odds, it's taking off as well! lots of new growth. I'm excited because around here, 98% of the mulberry trees are the fruitless kind. And this must be the kind that fruits. (cause where did the seed come from?) It's only a one food tall sprout at the moment,but I can't wait to see if it fruits, (and starts casting some shade on my house.
Although all these new trees means I'll be raking leaves every winter. I haven't had to do that in almost 10 years, But I look forward to it.
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote