Old 06-04-2018, 02:08 PM   #256  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Sakai: I think you did well, with just a couple of pounds increase. I'll bet that most of it will fall off since you're back on track. Sometimes weekends just suck us in!! Ha!

Lemon: Smores sound really good and really fun! It is good to do that sometimes when you have kids. It also sounds like you have been keeping busy with lots of yard and garden work! Oh, and to answer your question about out river... The Colorado River runs right by where I hike. In our area, it is not very fast or treacherous, so if you raft near us, it is more of a relaxed float trip. Up higher in the mountains, they have the rapids, with much more exciting rafting.

Uber: How nice to have some great NSV's. And then to top it off with a great scale victory of 73 pounds. Very awesome! You should be so proud and excited as you are moving forward!

Toasted: Yay, new adventures and a new haircut! Way to go! Your trip sounds wonderful and I'm glad you had a good time. And, I'll bet that your hair is kind of a fun change for you. That's pretty cool! As for me and baseball, I do love it, but I'm not much of a stats gal. I prefer college sports over the professionals, so learning their stats is just not on my list of things to do!

As for me, the tournament ended on Saturday. It was a fun time, but I'm glad it is over. It kind of wears me out, and then the food ... bad. Exercise.... not at all. So, time to get back to normal. So, two weeks of being away from my normal routine put me back above 250. But, I'm feeling invigorated and ready to tackle it all again. I need June to be a good weight loss month. So, I went to spin today, and I've packed a good lunch. Normally tomorrow is a rest day, and I might just go with that. Or I'll try to go hiking after work. We'll see.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 08:33 AM   #257  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

No weigh in

Running with kids as last day of school this week. So it’s all that craziness of finishing on up.

I’m also cleaning out my freezer of fruits and making fruit leather in the dehydrator and also making it so I can get new fruit in as they come into season. So this leather is all strawberries and apples. Problem is some of last nights got a tad too dry on the outside edge so I need to back off the heat. But it’s still good! And the kids are happy to have it.

Toasted: I’m glad you had a wonderful time! Oh the weight will come off you can do this! As for the hair - my usual first course of action is to just wash out the crazy styling they did (I always feel guilty to say I don’t style or part it like I do etc) but never have gone your route. If it was all braided how long did it take? I’m just thinking all the time involved and shaving was probably a heck of a lot easier!

Diane: sounds like you had lots of fun with your games. Hey - sometimes we need that rest to just have fun and enjoy time with those we love. You’ll get going once again and make progress!

Sakai: how’s your tree today? Speaking of we need to plant two of them this evening - only arborvitaes and I have to fence them around less my neighbors lawn man lows over it as for some darn reason they both believe my back yard is hers and yes he ran over one of my dogwoods and hostas a few weeks ago. And too, the rabbits like to munch on the branches which is part of the whole problem of why I have two to plant as they girdeled the one we bought last year. Anywho - those are my tree issues of late!

Hello all!

Happy day to you each and maybe we can all find one thing to be successful with.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 10:44 AM   #258  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Height: 5'6

Lemon:. Cabinet guys come today and countertops go in Monday. I have been running around like a chicken trying to get things done! Dried fruit sounds amazing!

Diane: Wishing you a great loss month! I need it too.

Toasted:. Sounds amazing!!! I want to go to St Thomas do bad!

Uber: I was late in posting been so busy!

Hello all!

Sorry for the short posts trying to get out to training but I had to try and get one in today! This last weekend I finished painting the front room, tore out all bad drywall, and replaced sanded and missed the new drywall in the kitchen. Starting downside floors this weekend. I'm tired and SO sore!!!! Also another 4 pound month. I really need a good loss this month. I'm going to cut all sugar again and watch bread and stick to the IF and see what happens. Right now I'm a turtle with weight loss and working on being okay with it!
jenjenangel027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 01:37 PM   #259  
Diane

Lemon: Yum! The fruit leather sounds great! And pretty soon there will be some fresh fruit available. I think our first one around here are the cherries. Love those things! So ready!

Jenni: Four pounds a month is pretty darned good! Good for you! With all the work you are doing, you might be burning lots of calories!

As for me, no change since yesterday on weight. And, I was actually glad for that. I didn't do well with food yesterday for some reason. I guess it is hard to get back on track. Whatever.

I didn't go to the gym. Tuesday is usually a rest day. I might go for a hike, though, after work. We'll see how it goes!!
Old 06-05-2018, 02:37 PM   #260  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey guys, quick check in. Yesterday didn't go as planned food-wise, because I JUST had to have a piece of cake. It wasn't bad though. Because I'm trying to stay quite on the lower end of my calorie range, it ended up being not horrible calorie-wise as it was a teeny 2-ounce piece of cake, just on the higher range of my target. I also had sweets today which wasn't totally on plan, but I'm still within carbs and smack dab in the middle of my calorie range rather than my preferred lower end. I meant to weigh in today but I got dressed before I remembered and was running too late to strip back and weigh- yes I do that sometimes.

Diane: The hair IS a fun change. I'm trying to go with the flow but it's still a little unpredictable how it will react to the elements since I don't know it too well yet. I hear many people like college sports more than the professional leagues. Why is that? It is super hard getting back on track so yay being more or less back on track with your workout mojo. One step at a time, I'm sure you'll be back on track food-wise as well soon. Hopefully, you can get your desired post-work hike in.

Lemon: I think washing a style you don't like out is probably the more rational decision. The braids took about an hour to get and I did take them out before shaving my head which was part of what my mother couldn't understand. But I was just done, I guess. Nobody messes with a woman who shaves her head on a whim; I've felt very weighed down (not by hair) emotionally and spiritually and mentally and the hated hair do, such a tiny thing, was just the straw that broke the camel's back, because I was a crying mess all night on Firday, so I think it was my "Britney" move of just being done and starting afresh more postively. Or something. I've never had homemade fruit leather- it sounds delish! Are you looking to having your kids home all summer? Any major plans?

Jenni: I went to St Thomas! It was very green and very hilly and tall with those freakishly narrow winding roads- it's gorgeous though and has beautiful beaches. I hope you go! Wow it sounds like your weekends are pretty busy. Are you almost at the point where you can have a relaxed weekend yet? What are you planning this weekend? Booo the slower than desirable weight loss but YAYYY getting a loss for May. 1 lb a week is pretty respectable and is supposed to be a healthy, sustainable rate to lose weight so that's a plus. It IS frustrating though but well done persisting!

Okay guys, I've got to go. It's 7.36pm and I'm still at work. At minimum it will take me an hour to get home because traffic and best believe, I'm still going to eat dinner which is carby (reasonably so because now watching carbs) and not light because I saved up calories today for it. So I need to leave. Hugs to everyone and wishing us all good weight loss karma.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 03:24 PM   #261  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Diane You always have such a great attitude-- being reinvigorated instead of discouraged. I'm a great believer in taking a break from all things once in a while, and sometimes changing up the food and exercise helps the scale get moving again when you restart! Cherries, yum! Those are my favorites!

Toasted You trip sounds absolutely divine and fun! And the hair, well, in my view, taking decisive action takes courage and being courageous is always good for the soul. You are rocking a cool new look and you will grow into it. Clearly, something was up and you were ready for dramatic change! Now, we'll see what unfolds not just in hair, but in life... because isn't that always how it is?

Jenni Oh my gosh! 220!!!??? That is fantastic! And I know that it is probably frustrating that you wish you were going faster, but you are steadily marching downward, and that means you are doing everything right! And wow! All that work you are doing must be burning a ton of calories. And you are shrinking-- into a size large top. So excited for your kitchen to be done! That will be so nice.

Sakai I love fig trees! We had one when I was growing up and I used to go eat the fresh figs all the time, but my mother hated figs and one day she just ripped the whole tree out and planted an orange tree in its place. I was so mad! We have navel orange, valencia orange, blood orange, lemon, and tangerine! All of them have been there for a long time-- but the last few years with the drought we got very little fruit and then this year a bumper crop!

Got headachey yesterday and woke up with a migraine this morning. Went back to bed after I took my son to school and am feeling better now, but kind of teetering still. Lots of work to get ready for the trip, and wouldn't you know I'm going to end up jammed up on a deadline to finish last batch of edits and I still haven't received them back yet so I can't start working on it yet. Ugh. I hate that! Weight bounced up to 226 this am, I think it was because I ate a lot of salt yesterday. I didn't eat a lot of FOOD though, so I assume I'm okay. I have not been exercising at all. No hikes, no trips to the gym, just running around gathering up all of the odds and ends I need for the trip. We leave on Friday!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 07:28 AM   #262  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey guys, I hope everyone had a good Tuesday. I'm alright. Dinner went better than expected because my protein weighed less than expected so I was back on the lower end of my calorie range. The scale also cooperated today so I'm feeling good.

Uber: Where's your trip to? Where are you going? I hope it's not super stressful getting prepped for it and thatt the edits get to you ASAP so you're not scrambling to effect everything or having to take work with you in the end. I love salt quite a bit so I know what you mean about the bloat for sure.

Alright guys, wishing everyone a great day!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 08:01 AM   #263  

Uber: oh the crazy things like salt that catch us up. Mine was my DH bringing me an ice cream cone. He means well but my weight goes up w what he brings home. And if I don’t eat what he brings he goes into a fluke (how do you all navigate that?) And ugh for the last minute edits. Hopefully you can get them all done before you leave for your trip.

Toasted: my goodness - what’s going on that you feel so blah? I hope it’s something easily dealt with to lift your spirits again. So any further travels anytime soon? And cake? Well I too have been eating all things bad and adding up in calories. We’ll get there - you are always fairly focused and can get those numbers reigned in. Btw- what are your thoughts on the royal wedding? We haven’t dished.

Diane: I know it’s hard to make yourself get back on track. I’m kind of just blah about it all as the kids finish school this week and I KNOW I eat with them. Except they move lots and I’m sedentary as the best of them. I hope you find your gym mojo and enjoy!

Jen: look at you facing a new decade! Keep it up. And enjoy your new kitchen. How fun. Will you be redecorating on top of it all? Or just new towels and curtains?
Or just the paint and cabinets/counters?

Hello all!

Am: I’m just frustrated and have a sour diet outlook right now. My DH brings home ice cream and pizza and he’s getting bigger and I’m just reinflating. I sat here last night eating grapes much later than I should have (of course by then my calories were out the window w the ice cream) and I looked at him and here he sat with both a granola-ish bar (150 calories) and a pack of snack crackers (220calories) and I said hey - you now have had a 3rd dinner today - and he said he was still hungry. I guess I just felt defeated by bed time as I didn’t do well yesterday and then I watched him just keep eating. He’s getting larger I’m getting larger - things hurt more when I’m up in weight. On top of it neither of us carry our extra weight well (my observations) he looks like big pads of fat where fat shouldnt be that have a mind of their own when he walks and I just look oozy and blobby on top right now. I know we are own worst critics when given the chance. And I am currently in that beautiful chance window (ugh - no).

Next week I’ll be visiting my mom w the kids and eating there is always hit or miss. I plan to take salad goods and chicken with for me but I am thinking it will be best to just try to be mindful, see if I can get some walks in (sidewalks are plentiful there!) and try to pull myself back on track when I return.

I’m just frustrated in myself of late and of my lack of desire to want to diet. It shouldn’t be this much of an issue.

So with that this Debbie downer will sign off and see if I can find the spunk I need to continue on and deal with this all and right the ship once again. Thank you all for listening to my pitiful outlook right now. The word bleak comes to Mind I’ll try my darndest to find my innerpolyanna. And to top off that, figure out how it will be to have a car loan again to the budget - is it doable or a big stressor. Who knows.

Off to eat and get kids to school and then youngest to therapy. Happy day all - may the mojo fairy find us all! Or the world quit sending us all crappy vibes!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 06-06-2018 at 08:25 AM.
Old 06-06-2018, 12:23 PM   #264  

219 ladies!!!!!!

So I had frequent trips to the rest room yesterday and decided to weigh again today. This puts me in a great mood! I haven't been under 220 since a long time. 216 is my next mini goal which is my 60 pound mark!

Lemon: It is hard to get back on track. I notice when I lazy eat on the weekends getting back on it is SO hard. Every weekend I lazy eat I kick myself for it in the end. I am really going to try to stay away from sugar this month to see if it helps me lose more this month. I love sugar or anything sweet so this is really going to be very heard for me! Especially since its getting hotter and I love frozen yogurt! I am going to paint the kitchen and get blinds (we currently have nothing in our kitchen windows). The blinds I want were $40 each, so not so bad and I can paint the whole kitchen with less than a gallon because I am doing backsplash up to the cabinets. We have all the decor so we won't need all that. I hope your spirits do raise! There are two sayings I repeat to myself.....I cannot worry about what I cannot control, and stay positive in all my thoughts.

Toasted: Oh I am so jelly!!!! I hope I get to go too, there is something about the Carribean and relaxing that I think about. We wanted to go to Hawaii at the end of the year but are waiting on the volcano progress. I guess the smoke is traveling to the other islands as well. So wait, did you shave your head? I have bright red hair to my butt and literally thought of shaving it all off last month....I mean shave. My skin gets so irritated on my scalp that I really just cry sometimes! How easy to be a man and not worry about all that on the head...LOL I am probably not going to get many restful weekends all summer. I really want to get our downstairs finished....painted, floors, hardwood on the stairs, and refinish the stair banisters. I have decided that I am going to take one rest day on the weekends. I get 3 days off due to working 4 10 hour days, so I am committing to that one day of rest!

Uber: So exciting that you leave on Friday!!!!! I bet you are anxious and excited all in one! I think you will have a blast! I hope your head starts to feel better, migraines are the worst. I sure hope I am burning more. I have committed to no sugar in June. I really want to see how that affects my numbers in weight loss. Slow is frustrating but I am really trying to see that no matter the number at least I am going downwards. My mom told me there is no time limit on getting to your goal weight.....I was like wait what? LOL....It got me really thinking, why do I put such a rush on it????

Diane: 4 pounds is great and I am getting to frame my mind around that. It takes a lot of work. I told Uber above that my mom told me that there is no time limit on getting to the goal weight. I don't know why I focus on the timing of it. I am cutting sugar this month.....and honestly if I do lose more great, but I am really thinking that losing slower may be better because I get to keep food things and not deprive!

So my kitchen is has plastic all around it like it is contained LOL He will be done Friday and my countertops come Monday. Then I need to put the sink together and get to the flooring. I am so excited for this to be done because that means I am in charge of the rest getting done. I am making myself commit to a rest day on the weekend. I work 4 10 hour days so one rest and two working on the house!

Happy Wednesday!
Old 06-06-2018, 01:25 PM   #265  
Diane

Toasted: I think it is pretty cool that you're enjoying your new look! Even metaphorically, you have had a weight lifted from you, and maybe it gives you fresh perspective for all aspects of your life!! As for why I like college sports more than professional... it is all about the attitude of the athletes. In general, there is a lot more excitement and hustle with college athletes. Sometimes, I think that the professionals start making the money, getting the glory, and then they lose themselves as true athletes. It becomes more about egos, in my opinion.

Uber: Ugh! I guess once you get those deadlines done, you'll really need a vacation then! Hopefully you can get through them quickly. And, Friday is almost here! You must be so excited.

Lemon: I'm sorry you're having a rough time of it. It is just a tough thing to lose weight and stay on track. And with a spouse having the same issues, I would think it would be tougher. You just don't want to sacrifice your health and you don't want him to sacrifice his health either. Hope things will change for you soon!

Jenni: Boy, cutting sugar is a good way to go. I SHOULD do that. I seem to be having trouble staying out of the ice cream. Ugh! Congrats on the 219!! That is so awesome! At one point I made it to 214 and it was such an amazing weight to be. Good for you!!!

As for me, I'm doing well with exercise. I went to Spin this morning. It was tough, but it was good. Staying on track with food... not going quite as well. But, working on it. I went down .2 pounds. Woo. Just gotta keep working! I'll go to Body Pump tomorrow. And, since I didn't get the hike in yesterday, I hope to go tomorrow.
Old 06-07-2018, 08:03 AM   #266  

Diane: good for you for getting back to exercise. I hope it came with ease for you and it’s just like putting your shoes back on daily. I’m glad you do this - one day I’ll get my own figured out! You are lucky to like near your river - as I said what I remember seeing was beautiful!

Jen: hermetically sealed kitchen? Well that’s one way to keep it cleaned. If you can figure it out post a picture. If you have an iPhone you can adjust your photo size before you take them in settings. Just make sure to switch it back to your normal setting. Yeah for 219! You did it! I’m not even sure where I am today I have decided to not weigh in until I get back from my week long visit w my mom. She has a scale but I don’t feel like schlepping into her bedroom to drop my clothes in her bath every morning.

Toasted: I’m sorry all is cloudy in your world and your Brittany move came forward. I think from what I read here you are spunky enough to pull off the new hair and not really care what others think. Maybe you’ll even have started a new trend! And I’m hopeful your spirit feels unburdened soon. I have found hanging out in nature seems to help sometimes, also becoming simpler - phones and tv off, maybe listen more to music if needed. Try to find some balance with all the noise I may have in life. I try to look at my kids with different eyes every now and then and then I see them and how they have changed so much into nice little people. And I take fresh fruit as a gift! Nothing better than a sun ripened berry to say the world is ok. I know sounds schmaltzy but really - sometimes we get so busy w work or family or life or the nonsense that propels our days we forget about making ourselves happy. You’ll find your toasted mojo Soon and maybe you just need to meet your dad for coffee and a piece of cake. I lost my dad long ago to cancer and I’d sure as heck would think just sitting and talking with him might give me a bit better outlook. Anywho - I’m here to send you cheer if you need it! Now go rock that ‘do and be beautiful!

Uber: are you knee deep in edits? Have you started your newest book? Will you be traveling for inspiration and research? How are your cloths fitting now?

Sakai: what are you doing since your man went off his diet? Do you find it a struggle for you? Suffering from that here!

Hello all!

No I’m not weighing today and I’m just putting it off until I get back. My mom lives in a more populated area and lots of walking opportunities are nearby so I will try to go for that each day. Maybe I can right my diet while away from DH for a week.

I stopped at goodwill yesterday and they had zero size 18s in ladies shorts and so I thought ok I’ll try the 16s. I left w nothing fitting me. And just holding up the shorts I had pulled and the size differences between them?! Nuts anywhere from a 1/4” to 2” and those were all 16s. Nothing’s worse feeling then pulling them up and getting stuck on your thighs.

Well my hope is to return w a better outlook. Slow to get there I’m sure but hopeful. Did any of you see that article that said people who fail to stick to a diet have issues because we are missing something in our noggins? Who knows if that is really true.

Happy day all! I’m off to feel good about at least one thing in my day.

Last edited by lemonthyme; 06-07-2018 at 08:05 AM.
Old 06-07-2018, 12:12 PM   #267  

Lemon: I will certainly try to post before and after pics. I don't have a iPhone, I have a Google Pixel 2. I know it is probably the resizing as I have to email me the pics then try and post them on the computer. It does not give me the paperclip on my phone. Yeah, I would not want to get naked in my mom's bathroom either!!!! I hope you have a fun and relaxing trip. As far as the hubby. My husband use to be a lot like yours where he would bring me the food and get mad if I ate it. I really had to have a heart to heart talk with him and really tell him that I do not want those things unless I ask for them. I told him that I needed to do this for my health and he is really detouring me from what I need. Then I told him what I did need. I told him if you really want to go out and get me something food wise....get healthy fresh berries or what not. It has seemed to help but I was very frustrated at the point of the talk. I am not sure if that will help any but I thought I would let you know!

Diane: Cutting sugar is SO hard for me. I was catching myself last night trying to find something sweet. I finally got out some cherries and ate those. I do not know what is wrong with me but I do know that sugar is like the devil for me. If I even let it in one weekend I find it VERY difficult to cut it out. I cut out coffee and now I think I am going to add it back. I really need that bump some morning and I realize that it also helps when I am retaining water. Weird! Getting back on track is really difficult. Give yourself goals like today I will drink this much water, then add to them everyday. I have found that helps me anyway

I am tired today....not sure why as I have only done work and been lazy when I get home. I am still getting in 9000 steps a day. This weekend I am going to finish the trim and start the floors in my house. I am trying to prepare myself as the floors tend to be rough on my body. I am also taking Sunday as a rest day.

Anyone know the perfect lighter gray? I am having a hard time finding that perfect color....LOL
Old 06-07-2018, 01:08 PM   #268  
Diane

Lemon: Well, maybe having some time away from home will help give you new outlook on things. Sometimes making a little break to your routine will give you an extra boost. I'm looking forward to the fresh fruit and veggies. Our farmers' markets start next weekend. I know there isn't a lot there at first, but it is enough to get me excited!

Jenni: Yeah, that sweet taste is hard to get past some days. I still didn't do well with it yesterday. But, mini goals... day by day I try to do better, until I'm back on track completely. I also wouldn't know what to do without my coffee. I do drink it black, so it doesn't screw up my calorie count!

As for me, I did not make it to body pump this morning. Just so tired! I might go for a hike, but I am really dragging today, so we'll see how it goes. I will make it to spin tomorrow.

Not a great food day yesterday. I need to try to focus more on getting that part right. So tough for me!! But, working on it again today.
Old 06-07-2018, 01:12 PM   #269  

Jen: Gray is not one I have in my house but maybe this willhelp you. PAINThttps://www.apartmenttherapy.com/col...-colors-246554

I’m an art-person so keep in mind that some grays read blue or red depending on their undertones. The best thing I can offer you is to get a few chips of the colors you like and place them on each wall so you can see how the light hits it throughout the day (or the sample pint). If I were to do gray I’d keep it light enough to still read a very neutral gray but not too light to read white. I have a well lit windowed stairwell that reads cream but the paint is really a very light greenish taupe. So the extra was used in closets and it looks greenish with reduced lighting but it’s the same color. Hah!

Good luck w the color selection. Remember that you either like cool or warm and that is reflected in those colors unless you light on that perfect neutral gray. Good luck!
Old 06-08-2018, 06:44 AM   #270  

Just quick - shout out for a nice weekend. I’m so far behind in cleaning and packing for our leave today. I have to get kids to the doctor and thats an hour each way and I woke early to get things done and instead sitting on my couch with a coffee seems the way to go right now. I’d really like to know why my energy level is about as dull as a case knife.

Happy weekend all may you all find it go along easily and no over indulges!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 06-08-2018 at 06:45 AM.