Old 05-23-2018, 03:31 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Height: 5'6

Diane:. You enjoy that baseball! Breaks are healthy and enjoying rest is great too! I think it's awesome that you get to have some relaxation in all of this! Have fun!

Uber:. Thank you for the great reminder to stop focusing on amounts. I really do try but I'm in month two now and it's getting difficult. I do Pat myself for not giving up because every other time I have and I don't want to be that person again! You are doing awesome! My kids have about 3 more weeks of school too then the summer chaos begins!

Lemon:. Cheer up! You are doing great. Here I complain about two months and you have endured this for so long. I really hope everything balances out because you deserve it. I'm trying to focus on why O started this healthy lifestyle today to give me positive inspiration!

Well I emptied the kitchen last night and unhooked and moved appliances and unhooked the sink. Somehow I think hooking up the sink is going to be a lot harder! I am finding stress reliever in walking. I have taken one everyday amdy steps have been around 9000. I think to get to 10000 I will need it twice a day. I think I may try some hiking this summer!!!?
jenjenangel027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:08 AM   #212  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Lemon I get the idea of how much more active you are than I am when you say that you aren't sure if hours of gardening will burn calories! LOL. I try to get my exercise in, but I don't have any hobbies that involve me getting off my duff like gardening! I'm way too lazy to do that! Your gardens must be beautiful too and something to enjoy all summer long! A true work of art!

Diane You go and have fun with your baseball and enjoy yourself! We can't be all burn out all the time, and taking a break is good for the soul! And I know what you mean about hiking. I'm always amazed at how much tireder I get walking up steep hills than just walking in general, but I also feel like I'm really doing something.

Jenni Weird. I could have sworn I saw a new post from you and now I don't see it. Hope you are doing well.

So, after a brief bounce the scale was friendly this morning and dropped to 228. Didn't get a chance to hike or swim today. I was expecting to be cruising along getting ready for the trip to Yellowstone and then my editor sent my book back to me again for another round of edits. I don't mind doing the work, but I'm going to have to rush again to finish, and weirdly enough, the last time she sent it back it was right before my trip to Paris. This time, I think I have enough time to do the work, but still, talk about bad timing! Can't believe the school year is almost over! My daughter is coming home from Paris on Friday, but she's not coming home because she's going straight to a summer job, so I still won't see her for a while.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:11 AM   #213  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Fabulous

Also fab
- when this site eats your thread post

uber: Hey - even if you have a brief moment w/DD upon her return - enjoy your visit! Will she be where for her summer gig? Any place you can visit and have fun? Has she been there before? And for your editor, geez - they have the worst timing don't they? Are you beholden to their schedule? Can you say - VACAY I am off on vacay and I'll get back to you later? I am sure not, but timing wise - they could do better!

Diane: Enjoy the games this weekend. My oldest had their first game last night and I dropped and went as the youngest is still dealing w/allergies. UGH! And truthfully, I am not one for bleacher butt. I do horribly sitting still at the games. I don't know why - I do - maybe hankering back to my days of sitting on it. Anywho - have an enjoyable time w/DH. Are any of your kids joining you too?

jen: Yeah for a done kitchen - how much did you get ready to drop off at a second hand shop? I need to do that in every freaking storage place in my house - but I might have a rummage sale to see if there is any monetary value to any of it I had to laugh - I recently saw a few articles - diff sources - that say all that pyrex and corning ware we grew up with is now a trendy collectible. I saw one piece that's the holy grail of pyrex went for well over $5000 clams. Who knew?! I know in years past they kept screaming lead - lead in all the finishes and now they are being gobbled up. Maybe check over your stuff - you never know what is special to someone else!

lil: where did you go? Get back on here - I like your daily sass about it all! My weight is stagnate and higher than I care to be, but posting still keeps a toe in the game for me.

toasted: are you home again?

Laurie: How is your journey going? I think of you often.

Sakai and all others: HEY how is it going?

Hello all!

Yes, I lost my post and that always makes me mad - imagine if calorie burning was tied to being mad and you could loose like 5 lbs every so often. That would be acceptable in my book. My darn body loves the 220s as much as the 30s. DRAT. I will say I am living life this week and not dieting - I have kids activities that have picked up with the end of school and start of summer - I have so many things I need to do on my own too that I am finding it hard to get it all squished in to my days. I will be happy when they can sleep in and the morning start isn't so bam bam rushed. At least for the first week or two as we acclimate to summer break.

I am not happy with the scale, it's high again for me. Maybe one fine moment it won't be - but until I get there in all aspects of my life - it will be what it is. I guess the gardening keeps me under 230 so I will be thankful for small favors. I guess posting here keeps my toes in the game - and perhaps one light bulb moment will hit me in the head soon to loose it all for good instead of bobbling and wobbling along. I am good at that - that's for sure!

As for my gardens - I don't know if they will be spectacular. I am trying some new things in my old age - composting being one of them and feeding banana peels to my tomatoes. To the point I asked my mom to save her peels in her freezer for me! I know she eats 2 a day - my tomatoes will be happy plants and the worms are suppose to love me for such! We go through them at this house too bananas that is - when I recall to buy them. But my gardens are more for therapeutic respite to all the craziness and I have to take it all slow due to my hands aging - carpal issues I guess. So if I do too much I have horribly achy hands. So a bit at a time. And in the end the colors make me happy and even moreso if I see butterflies or hummingbirds - yeah!

Ok I will get this posted before I loose it yet again. The third time will not be the charm! Happy day all - the end of week to a long weekend for us stateside is almost here! Kick off to summer and all! Who's grilling out?
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:44 PM   #214  

Lemon Achy hands doesn't sound fun. I once got a weird virus that made me feel like I had arthritis in my hands for a few weeks. It was awful. Hands are pretty important! But I still stand by my case that you have made art in your garden, and I totally admire your grit. You are one determined gal. I'm more the type you idly thinks about doing stuff and then sits around daydreaming... :-) As for vacay versus deadlines... I mean, I could say "oh sorry I'm going on vacation..." but my editor is basically my ally, trying to help me make my books the best they can be and once they've got a book scheduled for publication, there are all these steps that have to happen on time, so if they have to wait for me, then it could screw up a whole chain of events, so I try to do what they say! I'm lucky I love what I do. It doesn't really feel like work. Am also thinking about how our attitudes toward our weights are so crazy too. I'm feeling skinny at 228, comparing it to when I was almost 300, and you're frustrated the scale is up (I don't blame you! But I bet some of it is muscle weight!) And here we are the same height and same weight. So I'm sending you some positive thoughts in the hopes that you can feel a little bit of Uber's inner skinny feeling today!

Diane Hope you're having fun and beautiful weather for the baseball.

Jen Waving!

Went into my closet to try on clothes last night and here's the update. The 16 regular jeans that I bought about a month ago but haven't worn because they were frankly too tight now fit, but still with a muffin top, so either I have to wear looser tops or keep waiting. The 1X tee shirt that was a little small looks nice, but not paired with the muffin top pants. Boy am I lumpy. Really I should wear Spanx 24/7 but who wants to be bothered? The 14plus jeans that were tight/nicely fitted are getting baggy in the legs and butt-- it's a brand that runs crazy big, so their 14 is more like an 18 in other brands. In short, I'm going to have drop another 20 lbs before I can really say goodbye to all my giant plus sized clothes. le sigh.

Last edited by ubergirl; 05-24-2018 at 01:06 PM.
Old 05-24-2018, 01:14 PM   #215  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Jenni: Good for you on all the steps! Definitely, do the hiking!! Feels so good to get out and about!

Uber: Yay for the new weight!! Glad that you have time to do the edits before you go. Otherwise, you'd be in a panic! Or, I would anyway! Clothing sizes are just so crazy. Those in between times are a little tiring!!

Lemon: That's cool that you do the composting. I'm not quite that advanced, but maybe someday! Sounds like you are hard at it with summer kids activities. I remember those days! Hectic, but a good time. Now, with going to this tournament, the kids do go when they can and we sit together. I love it!

Not much going on with me, weight wise. Just checking out for a while. I'm still trying to be mindful, but not obsessing right now.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 04:29 PM   #216  

Diane: have a hotdog for me! And get some sun on your nose! Sounds like you are set for a fabulous weekend!

Uber: I know - isn’t it funny how a stupid number makes us feel? I know, it could be worse big time but it’s what it is for me right now. I get the whole publication thing - but it’s be nice if they hurried their reading to help alt your writing. Hah! When do you leave for Yellowstone? I’d love a moment to travel but time, schedules and money prevent that especially when the physical therapist says we’ll see the child ALL SUMMER LONG. well there goes that extra little bit I had hoped for some bigger fun. The only travel is a destination wedding late summer and the more I hear on it the more I don’t want to go but the kids know so that doesn’t help. Me and my own big mouth!

Hello all!

Well I didn’t have lunch but a later breakfast before picking up the youngest for therapy. I got some water in but when at mcds do not ask for a large water - I was going to be charged $1.40 and IT WASNT EVEN BOTTLED. Right - umm no give me the darn small you meisers.

I looked at some plants with our one stop. Shuddered at gas prices as I drive by - 2.94 and for what? I’m not getting any better product and frankly if we make so much here then why the dependence on overseas? Speculators to boot - give them the boot. Anywho - everything is higher this week. Even the outside temp - 85 and humid so I now went from heat to a/c. Good golly it will be a summer I’m sure.

Weight wise - I aim to get two more waters in me and hope that’s a help. Who knows. I could eat a horse right now - or a big cheesecake slice, or lots of chocolate or . . .

Kids are home so enjoy your evenings!
Old 05-25-2018, 07:28 AM   #217  

Boy does my body just love this number today. Not super thrilled - but I’m not doing super well and I’m sure as heck not changing my ticker nor my vitals on the side. I’ll get back down there I don’t know when but I will.

I was going to go dig this morning but it poured and everything is really wet and that’s no fun to sit in. So if it dries some then maybe I’ll get out there and get another bed done. And my garden too. I’m so far behind. Ugh.

So I’ll try to keep a smile on my face and get my list done for today or at least worked on. I had a reminder from the big ama site needing an updated credit so my order didn’t ship. Why didn’t that bounce out to me? Who knows but I got it taken care of.

Alrighty well - enjoy the start of your long weekends. Happy days all!
Old 05-25-2018, 10:38 AM   #218  

Lemon: the body just sucks sometimes. It's so hard when you feel like you have to fight for every pound. You can do this though. Keep strong!

Diane:. Glad your having fun and not stressing over the whole weight stuff this is what we all need. The struggle is real with all this! Enjoy!

Uber:. That's so weird I still see my post I wonder why you can't? Yay for the new weight!!!! My kids are out mid June and I'm still not ready lol.

Well countertops out and there was quite a bit of damage to the drywall behind the backsplash. Now to figure how to fix it.

It's my birthday and not sure I'm so excited but my mom sis and I are going to lunch then shopping! Oh I hit 10,000 steps yesterday!
Old 05-25-2018, 12:57 PM   #219  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Jenni: Happy Birthday!!!! Hope you have a great day.

Lemon: Have a great weekend!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 01:01 PM   #220  

Jen: happy birthday! Do something spectacular this weekend to celebrate!

Old 05-25-2018, 08:23 PM   #221  

My mom and sis took me shopping and guess what??? I'm in a large top!!!!!! Made my birthday!
Old 05-25-2018, 08:42 PM   #222  

Jenni A LARGE TOP???? That is an awesome birthday present!!!!:carrot :
And so, now I can see your post. It must have been something weird that happened. Who knows? Hope you are having a splendiferous birthday!

Lemon Well, maybe not so bad that it rained, as it sounds as if you needed a little break. Don't you hate it when your body just LOVES a scale number that you don't like at all! Wish we could tell our bodies what weights we want to be, right? Hope you have some fun on tap for Memorial Day!

Diane Have a great weekend! Hope it is full of sun, baseball, hot dogs, and fun!

Me, actually spent the day working since I got this last minute editing request. Don't have much on tap for the weekend except starting to get ready for our trip to Yellowstone. Totally lazy, haven't even taken the dog for a walk yet.

Happy Memorial Day all!
Old 05-26-2018, 12:35 PM   #223  

Ugh

DH gifted me gift cards to Kohl’s. I went today and tried on all sorts of sizes and my confidence crumbled with each piece. Out of the 15 items I tried I came out with one pair of shorts - an 18 miss. Funny my jeans are a 16 miss. And then I had another pair of shorts same size different mfg and the waist was about 2” narrower and I couldn’t pull them up. I tried in large tops and got stuck I tried on 2x tops and looked like a stuffed sausage. Can y’all please explain to me sizing? You recall my tirade to mfgs and stores?! This is why I have thoughts on the subject.

Instead I took my other coupons I brought with and went and bought two small trees for the yard from shopko (like a Walmart but in my state).

Jen: yeah for you! Keep sizing down!

Uber: yep 228 seems to be where I have settled.

Diane: enjoy your time in the sun!

Happy day all - I’m off to go pick up whatever thrill I found in being in the fluid 220s for months. Where is it I can actually go find a size that’s consistent between brands yet still reasonably priced? This is why I sew - I get too disappointed otherwise standing looking at myself in 4 mirrors in ill fitting clothes.

And I loathe my landslide belly. It’s still there in all it’s prominence. Maybe I should have bought a full length girdle.

Ok enough downerlemongirl here. Enjoy your long weekends.

Last edited by lemonthyme; 05-26-2018 at 12:36 PM.
Old 05-26-2018, 06:40 PM   #224  

Just popping in cuz I'm happy I dropped another pound!

Lemon Clothes. What the holy @#@%#%@#$@# right??? I was thinking about clothes yesterday. I have a nice pair of sz 22 jeans in my drawer, and I haven't worn the in a while because I've been wearing the 14s and 16s, and 18s. So, I pull out the 22s thinking I'll get a little ego boost bc they would be way too big. Nope. They fit just fine. In fact, here is the pathetic part: I have this 1X tee shirt that I bought, even though I really wear a 2X and because the 22s aren't tight around the middle and give me 0 muffin top, the 1X shirt looked fine and I actually wore it. In short, what I realized is that I always buy my jeans a few sizes too small because I have a big tummy and I like them to feel like they're sucking me in, but if I want to wear a smaller top, I'm just fine in a 22 pant. And honestly, how can that be true when I weighed in the 280s when I bought those jeans!?!?!?! Like, what? So here's the pants rundown for me. Blue jeans, sz 14 plus, fit nice. White jeans, size 18plus, fit nice. Blue jeans sz 22. Fit nice. blue jeans size 16 regular. Too muffin-toppy to pair with a fitted shirt. So there you go. Four different sizes. It makes no sense. And meanwhile, can someone please explain how a person can shed 60 lbs and still wear the same old pants? Boggles the mind. Any-hoo, I'm really really sorry that you didn't get more joy from your gift card!!! That totally sux!!! And I also feel your pain about the stupid stomach-- my stomach is rounded like an old broodmare from under my boobs all the way down and I have a big old tummy flap. I'd give anything to get a tummy tuck one day, but I can't imagine that I'd ever have that kind of money lying around that I'd be able to afford something like that.
Old 05-26-2018, 07:59 PM   #225  

Thanks Uber! Yes I hear you - in fact I heard all you ladies and grabbed whatever caught my eye because I haven’t been new shopping for myself in some time and said I’ll keep an open mind to sizes (I even checked for clearance bras as I have had luck in the past). The whole disconnect on true sizing makes me want to scream. And the fact they must think we all have tiny arms and shoulders?! I’m sorry but I’ve never been petite ever maybe ages day 1 to 10 days in life but after that I was a semibutterball until I elongated. Then I got butterbally again. And this crap “designing for real women” who and what would that be? Hah no thanks. It’s just disappointing when you’ve perused online and then go in and get slapped with reality. Maybe another day but not for a while. I don’t need my flaws to become prominent and my spirit smooshed. And that’s just clothing - not even another person putting me down - a da#n shirt or shorts or . . .

I hear you on totally being frustrated by nonsensical sizing. We should become fashion design ladies and tell them all to fly. Real women have lots more to their shape then saving inches on fabric because an average from 1945 is still the “norm”.

Anywho - I haven’t even shown DH the shorts I did get.

Well maybe tomorrow will look up. Right now I’m reclining in relative quiet and looking up whatever comes to mind. I hope to be able to take some family photos tomorrow I have a nice new camera now - in the past I’d been using the iPhone as my older digital is kaput and my other was film. I have had so many ideas and my kids are all hurryingly growing up (I had hoped for a good camera when they were little) that I best catch a few before they are adults. So tomorrow I’m making them pose for me. I hope it works out well. They are all independent little buggers with their own ideas already

Happy evening may some things in life get light again.