Old 04-23-2018, 01:49 PM   #91  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Sakai: Aw! Sorry about the tree, and the weight stall. Dang! On the tree, that's something I want to do again, too. We used to have a peach, cherry and apricot tree. Oh, and a plum, too. But there aren't any where we live now. I just need to do some thinking and planning first.

Lemon: Ouch! Sorry about the ear! That's no fun at all. Hopefully that is all going away now and you can be comfortable. As for diet and exercise plan, well, we just do the best we can each day and try to do better!! So, whatever works for you this week is what is best! (if that makes sense)

As for me... well no weigh in. I'm probably taking a couple of days away from weigh ins. I don't know if it was walking the stairs so many times last Tuesday, or if something else was up, but after going to spin on Wednesday, I didn't make it back to workouts until I went on a very easy hike yesterday, and spin today. The problem with that is that for some stupid reason, when I'm not working out like usual, I don't make great food choices. So, I know I'm up in weight. But I'm not up to seeing it on the scale. I probably will get back on in a couple of days, but not today. I'm getting back to the food plan and workouts this week. I'll still have tomorrow as a rest day, just to stay on my schedule.

This last weekend just wasn't great. I was doing things for others in my family and didn't get the stuff done that I wanted to do. Frustrating. So, hopefully this week is better, and next weekend will be mine.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 11:18 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Diane Hope your weekend was relaxing and good!

Sakai Disappointing about the tree, and I think you should be allowed to get your tubes tied if you want to!

Lemon Yum, blueberries! A little taste of summer and reminder of what you have to look forward to! It IS frustrating when the scale slows to a crawl, but it will move eventually!

Me, nice weekend! My son had two piano recitals. His piano teacher entered him in a composition competition without telling him and he won honorable mention. He was so surprised! I went to the gym Friday night and had only been in the pool fifteen minutes when I found out they closed early on Fridays. Was supposed to go tonight and then got caught up in something I couldn't get out of, so I really need to establish a routine-- that's the only thing that works for me! Scale sticking at 238. I really don't feel like I've been eating much-- it's bound to move again sooner or later!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 01:09 PM   #93  
Diane

Uber: Well, dang. I hate it when you are all ready to go, and then something stops you. I'm sure you'll get a routine going, and learn the gym's quirks!! Glad you're enjoying the swimming!!

As for me, today is a rest day. Still avoiding the scale for a couple of days. I'm ok with that for now. But I'm also trying to keep on track with food. There is a cake in the break room at work today. But thankfully, it has a whipped topping rather than buttercream frosting. I am not a fan of whipped topping, so I will not be tempted at all. Back to spin tomorrow!
Old 04-24-2018, 01:41 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Height: 5'6

Sorry for the disappear act. I had a complication to the iodine from the CT my arm swelled up so big!!!! I'm back and still frustrated as weight is the same! I will do personals in the morning!
jenjenangel027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 02:17 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

I completely blew past the scale as I woke late and had kids to take to school and then get my haircut. Let’s just say I was on the sprint. By the time I stepped on the scale it was lost breakfast and lots of coffee and it was 225.6. So who knows.

Jen: I’m sorry you reacted poorly to your tracer. Geez - you need non medical issues to fill your days soon!

Diane: the scale is a necessary evil I’m afraid. It’s all love/hate I think!

Uber: yeah for a good recital! How exciting - has he played his whole life?

Hello all!

Am: just so far behind and not getting much done. I am still not done sewing - I’m about 2/3s done on the one outfit and have the other to do but I need DH to measure my shoulders for me and my fatty arms. It’s just easier then trying to hold the tape super awkwardly!

I kept in calorie yesterday. Today I am not so sure on, but will try my best. I could eat a lot! I probably would be wise just to eat my fresh veggies and say its filling and get on with it. It worked yesterday until the sweet tooth started to come forward later around dinner. I still have yet to figure out dinner thoughts for today. Maybe a salad and chicken sausage and sweet potaoes roasted. I’m still thinking on that.

And I’d love a nap.

When you can’t hear and your sense of balance feels off a nap sounds divine. Hah. I sound positively lazy.

Wishing you all well. I’m off to sew or sleep - take your pick!
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 04:24 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 242/218.6/180

Hi All - sorry I've been MIA. Work is crazy and home has been busy but I have a few minutes so I'm checking in.

Lemon - glad you got in a walk the other day and it helped. I need to do that. As for your ear, have you ever tried to put a few drops of hydrogen peroxide it in and let it bubble and clean it? I do that periodically and it helps with my vertigo issues and just helps clean. I'm with you on the romaine lettuce. That is my favorite type of lettuce. I need to read up more on the issues. Guess I need to learn to love raw spinach more.

Diane - I hope you have a good spin class tomorrow. I've never taken one of those. When I ride my bike (or any bike at the gym) my "nether regions" go numb. Does that happen in spin class, too? I'm with you on the cake, that whipped topping is so boring. I need some buttercream and sugar in my icing!!

Jen - so sorry about your kidney infection and panic attack. I can't relate to the kidney infection but I've had too many panic attacks in my life. You feel like you are having a heart attack which scares you and makes the panic attack worse which makes the feelings worse. It is a vicious cycle. And the iodine reaction stinks, too!! Hope you are on the mend.

Sakai - I hope you find a tree soon! I'd love to have some fruit trees but it just gets so darn hot here I'd probably kill it.

Uber - How exciting for your son and his honorable mention! That is awesome!

As for me, I'm off track. It all started on Friday when I had to work in a different area helping migrate our district's website. They provided tacos for breakfast and wraps for lunch and we worked through so I was stuck eating something off plan or just starving. It was delicious...just had too many carbs. Then, Friday night was book club and so MUCH FOOD! I did ok until my friend brought out her homemade Amish bread and butter and then some funfetti cupcakes and I ate one...or maybe three slices of bread and then to the cupcake. LOL Then on Saturday night we had a wine tasting party at my house and I ate too much junky food. It is now Tuesday and I'm still not back on track. Tomorrow is a new day. One crazy thing we had at the wine tasting party was so bizarre but so delicious - she took a hershey bar and put bleu cheese crumbles all over it and then drizzled it all with honey. It was some of the best stuff I've ever tasted. I do NOT like bleu cheese but this with the honey and chocolate was AMAZING! Definitely not on my diet but that didn't stop me from savoring it!

I did have a crazy morning today. My DH took our kiddo in for a dental cleaning and he ended up having an infection in one of his baby teeth so they sedated him and pulled his remaining three baby teeth. My son took it like a champ but I was at work so nervous that tears wouldn't stop falling and my heart was pounding out of my chest. Does that count as exercise? I feel like I ran a marathon. He has never been sedated and is usually super scared of medical stuff but this didn't phase him. I'm thrilled he was ok...it was me that needed some laughing gas!

I hope we all have a good finish to the week!
windyleal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:54 AM   #97  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey guys!!!!! I'm backkk!!! Said with a lot more enthusiasm than I feel, but I've been so negative the last couple of days, I'm trying this thing where I'm not allowed to proclaim negative things over myself today. Okay so the disappearance was because of Bali. It was basically A LOT. 10 days of checking only work email and doing social media takeovers for my office social media, and making sure our booth was good and presenting... basically, I had 1.5 days of what you would consider a Balinese adventure and it included no volcanos and no massage (hmpphhh!) I have to go back. The conference took a lot of time and then prepping for my presentations and then jetlag (+7 hours from home) which I was only just getting used to when I turned around and came back home so that I've been up since 3 this morning. It was a good trip though. Everything one would imagine. Foooooooddd... I came back and weighed in today at 191.5 (a new record high for the past 7 years) and even though it's currently TOM, I totally believe the number because I ate ALL the things. What's even more "exciting" is that next weekend I go on a cruise vacation with my family for 2 weeks, so this might not be the high. I have mixed feelings about the upcoming vacation. 1.) I feel guilty that I'm just coming back from Bali and then heading off on vacation like 10 days later. In fairness, Bali was a work trip not a vacation but I'm aware of the optics and how things appear to "the people that monitor these things" if you know what I mean. 2.) I feel like I would have liked a bit more time to "get in shape" and "recover" from the damage of Bali and somewhat get back on the wagon, but this vacation was planned pre-Bali and I sacrificed ALL my time off till the end of the year for it and I'm not cancelling the time with my fam, despite feeling guilty.

I actually sort of read through the pages I missed but I'm probably forgetting stuff:

Jenni: Omg!!! I'm so sorry about your health scare! I'm glad it wasn't a blood clot or anything but still the ordeal and a kidney infection and a panic attack and a bad reaction to the tracer!!! Sending you hugs!!! I know it's been such a stressful month/ 6 weeks for you and I'm still praying for you and your family and sending all the positive vibes your way. Hugs my friend!

Windy: Welcome! I don't remember if I said it already but if I didn't, welcome! It's been lovely getting to know you. I've been having a junky time too off the wagon and I had promised myself yesterday was the day to get on track and then today, but it's not yet happened. I'm not too far off track today though, so I'm hoping I can finish strong. Honey chocolate and blue cheese sounds... beyond fascinating. I don't love blue cheese but I love salty honey and salty chocolate and blue cheese is salty so I'm thinking it could be a mouth vibe.

Lemon: Heyyy!!! I'm sorry the scale has been a pain and plan has just been !!!! I feel you! Just keep plugging along. I feel like my days are getting away from me too and so I can understand the overwhelmed feeling. And I have no little people depending on me so I can only imagine! I'm planning to do the measurements as you say. I'm gearing up to go seriously on plan as opposed to casually so. I'm way beyond past my red line warning zone. I don't know how I'm going to do it, but I CAN'T come back from holiday in heavier. I'm hoping your hearing and balance feel better soon and that your little one is back to perfect health.

uber: Teenagers are weird and awkward and so filled with attitude and the joys of looking for an easy target for the angst and feelings bubbling everywhere. Sorry you're bearing the brunt of the meaness right now. That said, congratulations on your son's piano commendation, you must be so proud! ALSO, congrats on the new decade!!! There's very little worse than g'ing yourself up to workout, getting your workout on and then discovering you need to leave because they're closing. #WHYWONTTHEUNIVERSELETUSBEGREAT

Sakai: Too bad about the trees. I procrastinate a lot too so it would probably be me rolling up in June asking to plant summer trees. Sigh. I have brown thumbs as well- the kind that kills basil with forgetfulness or too much love- no happy medium. What kind of writing do you do? I ask because I might not write (yet), but I'm a reader and am filled with awe and admiration for people who write.

Diane: I hope your week is going on plan. I also struggle with eating right when I'm not working out, so I get it. And sometimes it does feel like masochism to step on the scale when you know the output will be upsetting.

It's the height of mango season here and I've been indulging and my stomach is NOT happy. I think I've eaten more fruit in the past 2 weeks than I have in the past 3-4 years. Fruit doesn't usually sit well with me and I'm being reminded of it with nausea and indigestion. I'm going to have to scale back to none at least for a while till my stomach settles. It's not like I need the extra carbs anyway. I haven't quite decided what my approach is going to be. I'm counting calories but I'm thinking of also doing some version of low cal or reducing my bread and starch intake... We'll see. My immediate goal is to lose 2 lbs and be back in the 180s before I leave for vacation. I'm also planning to exercise EVERY DAY of vacation. The idea of which my little lie-abed heart is already dreading... sigh. But those are future goals. For today, I'll just be happy if I can say only kind things to myself, treat myself nicely in a way I won't regret tomorrow and complete my to-do list.

I've missed you guys and I hope you all have a wonderful day. HUGS!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 09:17 AM   #98  

33oz water
Walking: negligible.

Toasted: yeah for a good trip! You know it’s important to eat like the locals wherever you go right? You have done well with your weight and you will once again be able to take this weight on off! You can do it and if it doesn’t move until your return - don’t fret! Your queen of walking your hallway! Enjoy the time with family and enjoy the scenes and weather. Having never been on a cruise as I’m not a total fan of being tied to one spot with a ton of people. In that respect I like to stay somewhat free because I KNOW I’d get stuck at a table each night w a person I couldn’t stand. I had a relative couple who have traveled and their dinner mates asked them if they liked to swing and I’m not talking about on the playground. So yep, ick.

Windy: like the rest of us - I think we are all stumbling a bit mine is because it’s been a long term project that, well, never seems to end successfully but if I step back and if I look at it - I’m keeping those pounds off as best I can I just have been half hearted about it of late.

Uber: how did the swimming go?

Sakai: so is writing a side gig? I ask because if your getting your 10k steps in daily do you do something else or do you have a treadmill desk? I always find taking the time for myself a bother and a time waster but I have found if I don’t move then I sure as heck don’t move the weight!

Lil: girl I hope your spirits are in the right place these days! I miss your banter!

Diane: Conner those hikes! Look at you go! I wish sometimes my family would go with me but at the same time they have you quick legs and I’m old huff and puff.

Jen: how are you feeling? Is there anything they can give you to counteract the reaction or is it something to just weather through? How’s DH healing? Has his family returned home?

Laurie: how are you doing? I hope your world has slowed some.

Hello all!

Am: DH came bringing home a pizza and he had doubled up on everything and a pan crust. I tried to be mindful but darnit there is just something about melted cheese that trips me up but good.

So I’m going to guess my scale was about 222.8-223.5 yesterday (I hopped on after eating and drinking). I have a watermelon I’ll be cutting into soon and plan to eat that often and see how my weight moves. I had luck with it last summer. Maybe I can do the same this summer? If I can’t do romaine I’ll try the melon. It’s the only one I can eat right now without issues.

Today is PT Day for the little. I’ll have to grab from school and we’ll have to eat on the run. Never a good proposition as they end up wearing their food into the appointment. Alas - we’ll get it done.

I’ve got my kimono top done and have the dress cut out. I’m hoping it goes together well. It’s a pattern that’s to be generous and force you to self fit for a good fit. I had read good reviews so I thought I’d try it and see what I can do. The fabric is on trend with a bright floral not old lady floral - but hip and sassy. We all need a bit of sassy in our lives!

Happy day all! May we all find some good news in our day. I found a penny - it was upside down - but I still picked it up. You never know. I tend to lean toward find a penny have good luck!
Old 04-25-2018, 10:33 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Height: 5'6

Lemon: My scale is sticking too no matter what I do It is so irritating. I have gone back to writing down everything! I am thinking to start upping my steps. DH is doing better he is back in school and he is taking his meds. Family is gone, although his mother is talking about coming again. We didn't have to worry about his hospital bills because it was through the VA hospital, which they pick up the whole tab. I am doing better. On more antibiotics and a couple anti inflammatories. That was the weirdest thing. I could not move my arm for a couple days and it hurt!!!! I am good now though!!!

Toasted: Thank you! I think I am finally on the down hill of this roller coaster of LIFE! My weight seems to want to stay at the same place, which that is the irritating part! Bali sounds amazing!!!! What was the BEST part of the trip? What was the most beautiful part? I love hearing about other countries!

Windy: Thank you for the kind words. I am sorry that you are off track. I have been there. It is hard to get back on but once you do it is a breeze again! My weight has stayed the same for the last month despite trying to up carbs and multiple other things I tried. So I decided to just get back on what I was doing and have patience and wait the stall out. Easier said than done though!

Diane: Hello! How are you doing??? I feel like I missed a ton in a couple of days! Hope all is well.

Uber: Looks like you are doing great on your weight loss! How is the writing coming?

Lil: Hope everything is good with you!

Hello to everyone else!!!! Have a great Wednesday!
jenjenangel027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 12:59 PM   #100  
Diane

Jenni: Ouch! That sounds painful! Glad you are feeling better.

Lemon: Glad you made some progress on your sewing! I'm sure that it helps to get a little bit done. Hopefully, you'll be able to get some more caught up!

Windy: Oh definitely have had that feeling when I've taken time off from spin, and from when I first started. I think it gets much better when you stick with it for a while. But I also know that when the class has a lot of time in the seat - as opposed to standing - I get a little sore and uncomfortable.

Toasted: So good to see that you're back! You were missed! Sounds like you have a good plan for getting back on track prior to vacation. I'm sure you can do it! Did you already say what you're doing for vacation? I didn't remember.

As for me, one more day without the scale. I'll probably get back on tomorrow. Maybe. I went to spin class this morning. It was a new one. I didn't love it because it started slow, but then it ended with a pretty tough set. Tomorrow is Body Pump and they have a new routine, too. I've heard it is heavy on lunges. Ugh. I hate lunges, and I don't think they are that beneficial. I guess I'll see how it goes.

I didn't have a great day with food yesterday. I struggle on rest days - which is stupid - but I do. Today should be better.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:44 PM   #101  

Diane I totally hate lunges too! But I love your buttercream vs. whipped frosting thing. I too prefer buttercream (to the point that reading the word makes me start to crave) I think birthday cake is my favorite food in the world! And I don't like whipped either, but it would not be enough to deter me from cake-- so good for you!

Jen Boo to the allergic reaction and swollen arm! That's terrible! The only consolation-- all that puffiness must weigh something! I'm sure the scale will drop soon.

Toasted Somehow I missed that your trip to Bali was a working vacation. Even though it is a beautiful place, work is work and jet lag sucks! I'm with you about mangoes!!! They are irresistable! I ate way too much mango the other day and got a stomachache-- I feel your pain.

Windy How stressful that your son had to go under sedation! I'm glad everything turned out okay. Sorry to hear that you are off-track! I sure know what that feels like. I always feel like one of those giant cruise boats, I can cruise along eating well, but once I start down the path of over-eating, usually from social events or something, it feels so hard to turn it around! But I'm sure you will once people stop offering you delicious food! Although I must say, I love blue cheese, but hershey bar, blue cheese and honey sounds DISGUSTING!

Weighed in this am at 237 which is an even 60 lbs down from Jan 2017! But now, I feel myself getting impatient. I'm just as such an in between size-- much smaller than I was, but still not small enough for it to make that big of a difference. What's so weird about clothes is that you can literally wear the same size at 297 and 237, but you change a size every five to ten lbs when you get down into regular sized clothes. It's weird.

Besides that, all is good in sunny CA

Last edited by ubergirl; 04-25-2018 at 05:44 PM.
Old 04-26-2018, 08:42 AM   #102  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey guys, so yesterday went moderately well. There was no more negative self-talk BUT I also didn't exercise or stay within the calorie count I wanted. It wasn't a junk-filled binge or anything, but I ate a mid afternoon snack (scotch egg) in the hopes of settling my belly and it didn't quite work PLUS it through my calories off. It's fine though, today is a new day. I'm still jetlagged and was up super early, but I didn't work out because I'm still feeling nauseated. I'm hoping I can get home early today and do something minimal impact.

Lemon: This will be my 4th cruise and I love it. I'm not a "people" person and other than my mom, we're kind of an antisocial family but I love it for the convenience of seeing a bunch of new countries and cities in one trip and getting a taster for where I would like to go back too and visit a bit longer and where I'm kind of "done" with. I can't imagine having to sit with strangers (I don't like awkwardness or small talk) or getting propositioned to swing (The very idea has me pretty much clutching at my pearls!!!! or would if I was wearing any- ). We kind of do our own thing, mind our own business and meet no new people beyond casual hellos. I find it like a floating hotel that goes to places. But anyway, enough on being a cruiser, thank you for the encouragement. Yay getting the kimono top done. I hope your dress is mega sassy- certainly can't have enough sass.

Jenni: Re: Bali... hmmm the best part was the sights. We drove 4 hours (roundtrip) to somewhere called Tanah Lot just to watch the sunset and it was EPIC!!! Definitely the best sunset I've ever seen. Turned my phone camera into like National Geographic professional. It really is the most beautiful place with beach and forest and ALL the fruits you've only seen on tv like snake fruit (my new favourite) and mangosteen and dragonfruit (and I'm not even a fruit person) and amazing batik fabrics and lovely people. It really was very good. I'm a little disappointed that I didn't really see or do much till Friday afternoon and Saturday but 1.5 days out of 8 isn't terrible and it gives me a reason to go back one day, hopefully.

Diane: Fingers crossed, I will be successful in my pre-vacation plan. I don't love lunges either. I like to baby my knees because they can be problematic when I don't and lunges aren't the most knee-babying exercise in the world, are they? Give me squats ANYDAY! Yay getting back on track with exercise. FWIW, I'm also team buttercream.

Uber: Birthday cake is one of my top favourite things in the world. I'm usually a savoury sort of person but birthday cake WITH BUTTERCREAM (side-eye at Lemon, who KNOWS why- icing scraper-offer that she is!), is everything! My trip to Bali was unfortunately for work, then I extended it an extra day to just see something of the area. 60 LBS down is BEYOND fabulous you absolute rockstar!!! :Carrot: carrot: :broccoli: :broccoli: So in awe of all your hard work, well done!!!!

Okay guys, I've got to get on top of my to do list. I managed to do about 70% of it yesterday which I was quite proud of, but I have workplan tasks to finish before the end of the month that I'm still super behind on. I'm thinking of a low intensity workout that I can do that won't jostle my digestion too much. Any suggestions? I'll check back on my commute home. I could walk my corridors but I don't want to do anything that I need to commit a lot of time to, I still feel a little worse for wear. Wishing you all a fab day.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 09:01 AM   #103  

Toasted: get in the pool! Use the kickboard and go for 20 mins. I hope you have a pool or my suggestion is a dud! Thank you for the info on your cruising life! Have you ever done the long boat European river cruises? They always look interesting. I just remember when I was in Venice and the huge ships that dwarfed the city! My goodness. Maybe one day I’ll change my mind.

Uber: yeah for you on a great new number! Isn’t that true that the scale can move and you still fit in your clothes? I hate that! But good for you! I see more shopping in your future!

Diane: I hate dumb scales but I think mine is still possessed. I walked into the bathroom and here it was a)on and b) flashing stones not pounds and NO KNE ELSE HAD BEEN IN THERE. Maybe the batteries are in the fritz again. So I hope your scale has moved. I didn’t get on mine this am - I had kids who were a handful to get out the door - oh the drama and we aren’t even in teen years.

Jen: hope the arm is better! Have you decided what direction you may switch to for your job?

Windy: how are you doing?

Sakai: do you have other nurseries that might have what you are looking for?we have some rural ones that don’t advertise a lot that I have found by happenstance.

Hello all!

Am: ugh I woke in good spirits to be dashed by said kids and their freak out over clothing this am as school had a dress up day to celebrate an event tonight - sport themed. Nothing’s better than getting yelled at as the child tries to tantrum and spews forth. On top of it DH made a comment I wasn’t expecting and I’m kind of hurt by such - kind of a downer. Anywho - one of these moments maybe my spirit will lift again

I have my dress to put together and I myself needs to get put together and ready to go. I can’t even think straight right at the present.

Well my best to you all!

Just got my fitting done on my dress and the good news is I only added to the skirt length - I DIDNT HAVE TO ADD TO THE BODICE OR HIPS in fact I had to take in at the bust a bit and some at the hip. Woot! I finally finally am not adding for girth.

Ok I’m done giving myself a small NSV don’t get me wrong I’m still big, just not as big.

Last edited by lemonthyme; 04-26-2018 at 12:21 PM.
Old 04-26-2018, 01:19 PM   #104  
Diane

Uber: Congrats on the milestone! 60 pounds is so awesome!! Just think of the health benefit alone... you've helped yourself so much. Very proud of you!! I totally get the impatience thing, but try to enjoy this very special feat!

Toasted: Well, I had to look up what a scotch egg is. Looks really good! As for the low intensity workout, maybe you could find something on the internet, like a gentle yoga. I think regular yoga is really intense, but I think there are some that are easier on your body!!

Lemon: Nice NSV on the new dress! You're making progress, and that is awesome! Sorry you had a rough start to the day. Sometimes family can just zap the life out of you, too! Hope the rest of the day is great!

As for me, I did get back on the scale. It was pretty good, surprisingly. I had a fairly low calorie day yesterday that probably made it better. A few days ago, it was heading above 253, closer to 254, before I jumped off. Looking for a good calorie day today.

I made it through the body pump class. The lunges were pretty intense, but I actually didn't mind that part of the workout. They mixed in squats between lunges, and that seemed to make it more doable. The upper body part of the workout was really hard/good. It was a really good overall workout. The weather is absolutely beautiful today, so I'm thinking I need to go to for a hike after work. I'm looking forward to it now. I love this time of year for hiking.
Old 04-26-2018, 05:55 PM   #105  

Diane Thanks for the congrats! You're right. 60 lbs is a lot, and where I was sitting last Jan, at very close to 300 was just truly awful. I've only been that heavy once before in my life and it is uncomfortable and awful. Glad that the scale is heading in the right direction and good for you for doing the hated lunges! Your legs must be really strong!

Toasted So now I don't know how I've lived this long without ever tasting a Scotch egg! YUM! Your trip to Bali, at least the vacation part, sounds amazing-- so beautiful! Sorry that you're otherwise feeling frustrated, but travel can always throw you for a loop- not just the travel itself but the nerves getting ready and the jet lag coming back. I'm sure you'll hit your stride soon.

Lemon Aw, kids and their tantrums are always so hard especially in the throws of the morning rush! And sorry about the comment from your hubby. It's hard not to take everything to heart but it's always hard dealing with kids and school that stuff just happens! And KUDOS for your dress NSV. No more adding girth! Hooray!!! I really LOVE wearing smaller clothes. That's when I actually feel the weight loss! I did do a little shopping-- ordered two bras (neither fit and had to return them) Did you end up getting any new bras? Did you like them? I tried an Elomi bra since I have one that I like and i was so disappointed that it didn't fit at all (too small) I ordered a 42 DDD figuring it would be good to go down from the 44DDD. I returned it and am going to try a 42 F. I dunno. Mail-ordering bras seems stupid bc if they don't fit you have to start over, but on the other hand, when I go into the store, they don't have many choices up in my sizes. (btw I hope it wasn't Jenni who was chatting about bras before, LOL, if so, sorry for the TMI)

Jenni Hope you're having a good day! Laurie, Lil, Windy, Sakai Shout outs!

Had a really nice swim Tuesday night, but then yesterday I got lazy and tonight is choir practice so no gym. I know how I roll and I'm going to need to pick a very rigid schedule and stick to it. Once I'm in the routine, I feel like going, but at first, it's too easy to skip. Scale is being good to me! I dropped another pound. It would be soooooo awesome if I would blast right through the 230s. It's funny, but I've hardly ever weighed anything between 230 and 190. Pre birth of my first kid I never weighed over 190 and post birth of my oldest, I've never maintained below 230s, except when I maintained at 190 for a couple of years.