Old 04-23-2018, 11:40 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Good morning

A very busy Monday for me with 3 meetings back-to-back-to-back and class later in the day. I'll do personals tomorrow.

Wishing everyone a splendid start to their week!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 09:15 PM   #107  
Intuitive Eating & HAES

S/C/G: 290/244/175

Height: 5'4"

Sigh. I made the mistake of starting to weigh myself daily instead of twice a week. A 2-lb fluctuation made me feel defeated, and that left me unprepared for a day of interpersonal conflicts. All the peace I'd been feeling with food and my emotions evaporated, so I found myself remaining polite while suppressing my anger with starches. The damage isn't irreparable, but I probably did set myself back a few days at least. Here's to regaining inner calm....
PartTimeHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 02:56 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Curvy: Wow! It sounds like you had quite the day! Hope it wasn’t too stressful.

jazzfan22: Sorry to hear you and your son aren’t feeling well. I hope you both feel better soon. Safe travels and I hope the stress settles down too. I always feel unsettled when circumstances change and are out of my control as well. Right now I’m on a zucchini and asparagus kick. When it’s not one of those two, I’m a really big fan of carrots, butternut squash, cauliflower and beets roasted with a white balsamic vinegar and some cranberries and walnuts if I’m feeling crazy

PartTimeHippie: Sorry to hear about the negative headspace It’s good that you recognize that you’ll mitigate the damage in a few days (it will all come out in the wash, right?) and sending good vibes your way, I hope you regain your inner calm soon.

It was beautiful outside today! I set an alarm to wake up at noon and didn’t wake up until about 4pm. I was still able to take advantage of the weather and take Loki for a nice long walk. I was also able to head over to my cousin’s house to help her with a house project. Water intake for yesterday was 6L. Shark week hit so I’m trying to mitigate some of the bloat. I’m happy there wasn’t a big increase so far, hoping for a nice little woosh once the bloating settles down in a few days. Made it to 4L today (1L short of goal). Talk to everyone “tomorrow” (aka later today )

SW: 275.2
4/21: 277.3
GW: 269

Week 4:
4/22: 275.8 (-1.5)
4/23: 274.7 (-1.1)
4/24:
4/25:
4/26:
4/27:
4/28:
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 12:28 PM   #109  

Happy Tuesday everyone! Today I will be taking advantage of the beautiful weather again with the pup and doing some more painting at my cousin’s house before rehearsal tonight. Lunch and dinner will probably be some big salads I had a little bump up on the scale, but I was behind a little bit on water yesterday and I’m also still a bit bloated, so I’m not too worried about it

Week 4:
4/24: 275.4 (+0.7)
4/25:
4/26:
4/27:
4/28:
Old 04-24-2018, 01:37 PM   #110  

Good morning

RunningRedHead: Sounds like you have a lovely day planned. Enjoy!

PartTimeHippee: I'm sorry you had a set back but you're absolutely right when you state, "the damage isn't irreparable." Far from it! Daily weighing can do a number on a person if they're not used to it or don't want to suffer the daily highs and lows. You tried it and didn't like it. Not a huge deal. Think of it as knowledge to use to your advantage.

Nichelle: I'm loving how committed you are to getting up and going to the gym. What a great habit to have.

jazzfan22: Work travel can be a true disruption to a normal and predictable schedule. trying to work around your commitments and that the sniffles and coughing don't turn into anything major for either your son or you. With the dramatic shifts in weather in Northern California lots of folks out here are running around with colds as well.

Martine: Thinking of you and all of our Canadian friends as you begin to wrap your mind around and heal after the horrible events of yesterday.
It's shaping up to be a beautiful day here. I forgot my lunch at home so I need to figure out something. Other than a couple of meetings I'll be using the day to sift through my ever growing mountain of email and other tasks.

Have a great day!

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 04-24-2018 at 03:28 PM.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:16 AM   #111  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Time for the Wednesday weigh-in:

2018:
Jan 1: 264
Jan 8: 260
Jan 15: 258
Jan 22: 256
Jan 29: 254
Feb 8: 251
Feb 14: 248
Feb 21: 248
Feb 28: 246
Mar 7: 242
Mar 14: 241
Mar 21: 238
Mar 28: 236
Apr 4: 234
Apr 13: 233
Apr 18: 230
Apr 25: 227

Exactly on target at 103kg. Looking forward to metric Onederland! Personals later, going to go lift a dumbbell.
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 11:07 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 199/154/125

Height: 5'3"

Good news, the trip didn’t derail me and even though I skipped workouts and had to wildly guess at my macros, I am still seeing the scale go in the right direction. Weighed in at 176 this AM. I am still fighting that negative voice in my head that is focused on the extra weight I am carrying instead of practicing self acceptance at any size I am. But I am trying to be proud of my progress and dedication.

I am also trying to remind myself that my TOM is coming and I may gain weight or at the very least stall for a week or two.

Went back to the gym this AM as a special treat since I worked overtime this weekend and enjoyed it very much. Am working overtime more this week so trying to fit in self care as I am able.
jazzfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 01:28 PM   #113  

Wink

Curvy: It was a beautiful day and I’m glad we were able to take advantage of it before the weather turned back to April Showers I hope you were able to figure out lunch and didn’t get buried under your pile of emails and whatnot.

Magicsusan: Way to go on your continued downward trend

Jazzfan Great job staying on track during your trip! Keep working on fighting your negative inner voice (I’m trying to win that battle as well), try countering every negative statement with the opposite, positive and affirming statement (as it’s probably closer to the truth). You’re doing a great job and you stuck with your plan, despite how easy it would have been to just say, “forget it,” while you were in your trip. Way to go not falling into the trap of making excuses and staying strong!

Good afternoon everybody! Lot’s of here today, making today’s erranding tons of fun. It feels like I’m juggling four different peoples schedules today- I had to bring my dogs (and pick up cousins dog to go) to my friends for a puppy grooming day, then had to run and pick up my dad to go to PT (he is actually doing much better and able to drive himself most days, but was feeling a bit under the weather with his knee today and needed to take his pain meds, which means no driving for him). After PT I have to swing back to my friends to grab Loki and bring her to the vet while the other two fluff balls get groomed. Somewhere in here we need to go for a walk, but who knows I made it to the 5L mark yesterday. I’m running behind today, but hoping to play catch up before I go back over to my cousins to finish our painting project The bloat from shark week is just about gone, so I am hoping for a nice woosh soon I hope everyone has a fantastic Wednesday

Week 4:
4/24: 275.4 (+0.7)
4/25: 274.6 (-0.8)
4/26:
4/27:
4/28:
Old 04-25-2018, 04:26 PM   #114  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Kayla: So far, it's looking like maybe it was a fluke...lol. We'll see if anything changes when I do my two fasting days next week. Awesome job on the water intake and losses, as usual...and, I hope you get that post-TOM whoosh!

jazzfan22: The scale hasn't moved much for me the past few days, but I'm hoping I will see some more losses by the end of the week! Also, I hope you don't end up getting sick and great job on doing well while traveling/with your current work schedule!

PartTimeHippie: I hope the rest of the week goes a little easier and is a more peaceful, healthy time for you.

Curvy: I hope you're able to get everything sorted out and caught up at work and get something tasty - but healthy! - for lunch. Forgetting planned meals (or water bottles, in my case...lol) always seems to throw a wrench in the works for the day's overall plan, but I am sure you will figure something out.

Magicsusan: Another great loss, congrats!

---------------------------------

Weigh-in jumped back up to 183 for the last couple of days, but finally started coming back down a little to 182.6 today...not quite back where I was yet, but almost. I'm hoping that I can make up some ground to show a loss by the end of the week. I got in my full gallon yesterday for the first time in awhile, so I'm at least happy about that and want to make sure I do it again today to see if it helps get that movement down going a little faster. Hope everyone is having a great day today!

Week Four
22: 182.4
23: 183.0
24: 183.0
25: 182.6
26:
27:
28:
----------------------------
End of Week Three: 183.0
Total Loss for Week Four:

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 07:44 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 281.4/.../150

Height: 5'8"

Curvynot lumpy: it is a good habit... it also help I go with my mother who even if she doesn't really want to go she still does.

I have been walking to work (in the mornings) all week. The weather here is like spring finally. Today it got up to 21C... I need to find some tee shirts etc to wear at work
Nichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 07:58 PM   #116  

and good afternoon.

RunningRedHead: I always enjoy hearing your dog updates and am happy your pops is doing well.

opheliaphoenix: I really do think that water is such a great facilitator to weight loss. Keeps you hydrated and keeps things running smoothly if you know what I mean. Glad the scale is headed back down.

jazzfan22: that your trip was positive on all fronts!

Magicsusan: I every time I see 'metric wonderland.'
Another day and thankfully the temps are much more seasonable for this time of year. The last couple of days I've been paying more attention to being grateful for my health. Two wonderful women I work with who are roughly my age are in the late stages of their cancer battles--one brain, one breast. One is in hospice care and the other is such a bundle of positive energy that she won't even entertain the gentle nudges from her doctors to make sure her affairs are in order. She continues to get medical treatment but is living by faith and believes she will be healed, thus, her no negativity, no tears rule . Their experiences really puts into perspective making the most of the time one has. While easier said than done I need to stop myself when I feel like complaining about the smallest of irritations and frustrations. And is it that difficult to wake myself up early to take a good long walk/run or go to the gym, really?? I have the health to do these things?! I also have some dear relationships I want to maintain but have let slip due to work and being pre-occupied with other things. On that note, I'm super grateful that I have this thread and cyber friends that I feel I can broach any topic with.

At any rate, it's been a thoughtful couple of days for me. Ecstatic that, all things considered, I'm living a golden life but mindful of how things can change quickly.
Old 04-26-2018, 05:35 AM   #117  
Gizmo

Hi everyone

I haven't been posting but have been reading.

curvynotlumpy thank you for your kind thoughts regarding the senseless act that happened in Toronto. I will never understand why some men think that women owe them anything, whether it's a case of domestic violence or this case. I'm very sorry to hear about your coworkers' battles with cancer. One of my employees, now in her 60s, is on leave battling breast cancer and going in for tests regarding possible issues with her reproductive system as well. It really puts everything in perspective, you are so right about that.

Nichelle enjoy that nice Spring weather and all that walking.

opheliaphoenix hope you are well and I'm happy to see that the scale is going back down, ever closer to a new decade.

RunningRedHead a car full of dogs being brought to the groomer's sounds like a dream. I didn't know you had more than one dog (or I knew and I forgot?). I still don't know how you drink so much water each day. 2L and I'm pretty much done. Keep it up cause it's working for you.

jazzfan22 glad to read that you are not letting all that overtime work derail your weight loss. I think we all have to deal with that negative voice from time to time, it's hard to undo years of listening to it, but it's most important to keep fighting it and to replace those thoughts with positive ones.

Magicsusan fantastic number on the scale! Congratulations on making it to a new decade.

I have not been on plan regarding exercising since learning on Saturday morning that I am being transferred to the new store opening this Summer, as well as learning that a colleague of mine, who is two years away from retirement, is also being transferred to that store. I think this is the worst decision that they could've made as he does not have the interest, mental strength or physical health to go on such an endeavour and I think this will result in him retiring early. I'm coming to terms with the news, I'm just very unhappy. I haven't found motivation to exercise but at least I've stayed on plan food-wise, which is an improvement from before, when I would stop trying altogether and eat crappy food to self-medicate. I'll have a 3-day weekend starting tomorrow and will use that time to regroup. They predict nice weather on Friday so I plan to take Loki on a long walk at the park and find myself again. Funnily enough, I'm down a pound. At least that's one positive thing this week.
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 10:55 AM   #118  

Good morning

Martine, I'm so sorry you're experiencing such upheaval and chaos. And your poor colleague. While I have not seen that play out in my unit, I have seen it happen on campus when units merge or new leadership comes on board. It forces folks to make tough life decisions. It makes no sense; if he's happy and thriving why move him with only two years to go to retirement. You have a right to be disappointed and unhappy. Was there any reason given for your transfer? Is the new store close to your old one or will the move significantly change your commute and day-to-day routine?

Regardless of all that is happening you should feel proud that you've been able to keep your eating in check. Not an easy thing to do in such circumstances.

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 04-26-2018 at 10:56 AM.
Old 04-27-2018, 07:38 AM   #119  
Gizmo

curvynotlumpy thank you so much as always for your kind words and encouragements. The reason given is that our District Manager was told by higher-ups that she keeps her managers in the same store for too long and had to make a move. So she started with the two people who had been at our store the longest. It doesn't matter that I had expressed interest in a new store opening next year, the pressure was on to make a move right now. And though when I spoke with her about my interest in next year's opening, she said that she would then transfer me to a small store nearby, to avoid opening a store this year and one next year (because it takes a toll), in the end I believe that no one in administration/hr work wanted to go to the new store and therefore that's where I'll be going.

Of course I received every assurances that I can get my wish of opening the store I wanted next year, but will I want to go through another store opening so soon after? That will be the question. In the end, it doesn't matter if you've been with a company 20 years and have given your all, you're still just a number to the higher-ups. My DM confided in me that she too has faced similar frustrations in the last year with her bosses, where her hard work and dedication were not recognized. It feels as if once they see you in a certain way, their impression is set and it doesn't matter what you do to deliver results, their minds are made up. They don't see that I worked a 14-hour day yesterday to make up for being away two days on a mandatory meet-up for all assistant-managers. Or that I spent 40 minutes long after I should've finished my work day to comfort our coordinator who was not promoted after her interview last week. All they know is that I've been at the same store for too long.

The new store is closer to my home (about 12 minutes closer), so we'll be spending less money on gas I guess. Other than that, I'm not at a stage yet where I can see anything else positive about this change. I am resilient and not letting it show with employees, but I can see that my colleague is having a harder time. I foresee a difficult month of May for both of us, where we will still work at our current store but will start interviews for the new store as well. But I am making a deal with myself that there will not be any more 14-hour days. I have to draw the line, my health is more important and finding time to exercise is more important to me.

Hope everyone will enjoy a great day. I'm just waiting for temperatures to warm up a bit to take Loki to the park for a long walk by the lake, the first of the season. And I will work out as well, breaking the funk I've been in. And I may hang clothes out to dry for the first time as well, a simple thing that brings me tremendous joy in Spring.
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 09:12 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 199/154/125

Height: 5'3"

Martine Yes you are right to draw a line, balancing work with health and self-care is so important. I did a similar thing a few months ago, and though I feel myself being pulled in an over-work direction again lately, I am no longer willing to compromise in the ways that I used to.

Curvy, Perspective and gratitude are terrific. But don't be too hard on yourself for finding the littler things annoying, because they often are! I think a certain amount of complaining is okay because we all need to let off steam, I know I do that!

Nichelle, Oops, sorry about my error and congrats to your sister in law! What kinds of spring/summer shirts are you going to buy? I have been buying some spring/summer stuff lately because I don't really have enough. On the one hand it makes me happy because yay nicer weather, but on the other, I actually find shopping annoying so it's not that fun for me. To increase my interest in shopping have been buying bright colors and some quirky stuff, and I just buy stuff online so I don't have to bother with going to mall (ugh).

opheliaphoenix, Good job getting the gallon of water in! I am still failing at my water, though am more conscious of it lately. I have also been overdoing the caffeine which detracts from the water intake. I need to cut back. But I love coffee and black tea.

-------------------------------
Am seeing some scale fluctuation up to 177 even though my food/exercise have been pretty on point, but am trying to remind myself that a) TOM is coming really soon and last month's gain/stall was followed up with a woosh so that might be what's happening now, and b) I have not been good enough about my water intake. Also for the past few days, my appetite has also increased, which I think happens right before TOM as well. I have actually been listening to my body and increasing my calorie intake over the past few days... but am still trying to track it. I usually eat ~15-20% calorie deficit and don't eat back my exercise calories, but for the past few days I have been eating pretty much at maintenance or even a little over. One thing I'm trying out this time in my weight loss journey is to NOT deprive myself since I don't want to feel like I'm making myself miserable. Instead, as long as I am eating foods that fit in the ketogenic lifestyle, and tracking and keeping myself accountable, if I want that extra piece of cheese I'm darn well going to have it. We'll see how this pans out, I'll keep you all posted.
jazzfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote