Old 01-18-2018, 10:28 AM   #121  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 286.8/198.8/150ish

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningRedHead View Post
Another snow storm is here, so I’ll get my exercise in shoveling today. We plow the main driveway, but there is always a decent amount of shoveling (built-in exercise) to do.
Shoveling can be quite a workout. Stay warm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by curvynotlumpy View Post
imthegoddess: Glad you're feeling better and that your cough has abated. Good luck with your statistics class! One of my academic weaknesses is math so when I read that I went
Me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opheliaphoenix View Post
[FONT="Georgia"]
Weigh-in is randomly up almost 3 full pounds today for no reason at 206.6... I was on-plan with the food, my water goal, and the exercise. The only thing I can think of is staying up super late last night - about 4 am - and getting super restless sleep for the time that I was actually able to be asleep.
That's probably exactly what it is. Get some rest. I feel you, as I am up 1# today for no reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureVagabond View Post
I'm Lia, 23, 5'7 and weigh 216 lbs. I'm a londoner and a student. I want to lose 75-80 lbs this year which is around 1.5-1.8 lbs per week range. So nothing speedy but slow and steady!
Hu and welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0nty View Post
Happy Wednesday Everyone,
Day off from work today to get errands done and spend some time with the pups.
The old cranky hip even cooperated enough today to take my doggies for much needed walk to the park. Food plan slipped a bit. I missed my fruit/veggie serving goal but I plan on adding extra tomorrow.
You're doing great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicsusan View Post
It was oddly warm, so I just thought, what the heck, let's do it. Ten minutes in, the cold front comes plowing through- sleet, thunder and lightening, hefty temperature drop. It was hilarious. :\ But at least I ran!
I can see that so clearly in my mind. It made me smile. Good for you!

As for me, nothing too much to report. Still trudging along. I am up one pound as I said above, but for no reason. Hopefully, it will be gone just as fast. Have a great day everyone. Off to work now.
imthegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 10:37 AM   #122  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Happy Friday-Eve all!!

OpheliaPhoenix I cannot express how glad I am that I joined you in the Diet Bet. It has kept me on the straight and narrow like nothing before.

I'm finally losing again and I am relieved. Not sure I'll make the goal for the bet, but I'm giving it the best I have! I've been having broken sleeps for weeks and it is wearing on me. In addition to the night sweats, last night I was treated to a new sensation: my hamstring muscles aching. It's like they've been over stretched and really hurt. It used to happen when I was very young and on my period, so perhaps it's estrogen related. I had to get up in the middle of the night to take a pain killer, but even that didn't help.

Woke up just before 5 (part of my every 2 hour wake up reality now) and decided to go ahead and get up. I did some yoga to see if that helped my legs (it did temporarily).

None of these symptoms have been debilitating so I am resisting getting on synthetic hormones, rather I want to ride it out. If, however my sleep doesn't improve, I may have to do something.

For the rest of things, I've decided to not drink alcohol during the diet bet period because it has no benefit and usually bumps up the scale. Also, not having any extra sugar anymore. Last week I was allowing myself a couple of frozen Hershey's Kisses to satisfy my chocolate craving, but when a couple turned into 8 I knew I had to get things under control.

As well, I'm sticking to fewer than 1300 calories a day and mini-fasting for 13 hours (I don't know if I could do more, but it's a start) along with a daily walk no matter the weather (if it has to be in the gym so be it). Hopefully it's enough to whoosh me down to the diet bet weight goal in time!

Hope everyone is doing well!
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 10:56 AM   #123  
On Medifast 5 & 1 Plan

S/C/G: 365/284.2/200

Height: 5'9

Good morning everyone! I haven't posted here in about a week because I was on a short holiday in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. It was a much needed break from the cold Washington, D.C. weather. I even took a dip in the ocean, which had all the native Floridians shocked because they think that 70 degrees is too cold to go swimming. Hahaha! Well, until they've felt temperatures below zero, they don't know what cold is. I'm back home in D.C. now and of course there's snow on the ground. Lol. Fortunately, our area was spared some of the stronger snowstorms that have hit the South, so I'm not complaining. While I was away, I managed to stick to my healthy eating and this morning I weighed in at 293.8. It's exciting to be getting close to 290 lbs because I have not been that weight in about 6 or 7 years. It's nice to see everyone on the thread plugging along and doing well.
SweetEpiphany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 12:27 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Good morning

SweetEpiphany: Good to hear from you and that you had a good holiday in Florida and took the opportunity for a swim. My brother and his family just returned from Orlando and a 6 day trip to Disney World. They live in Colorado but my sibs and I were all born and raised in Nebraska. Midwesterners, like you East Coasters, know cold/frigid weather! And when I read Martine's posts of her Canadian winters it reminds me how much I don't miss it! They had a great time as well and soaked up the sun and warm weather while there.

Laura: Sending good thoughts that you'll be able to get your sleep cycles back on track and truly get some good rest.

opheliaphoenix: No way did you gain three pounds over night! I predict that you'll see that number head back down soon.
Yesterday I got around to squeezing a bunch of Meyer lemons a friend had given me from her tree. Meyer juice is a tad sweeter than regular lemons but you can use it the same way in recipes. I got over two cups and I still have a few more to squeeze. Next step is to freeze it so I can use it in smaller amounts. Not much else to report so I'll sign off for now. Wishing everyone a wonderful Thursday!

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 01-18-2018 at 08:14 PM.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 05:49 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 235/216/199 (onederland)

Height: 5'7

January goal 209lbs.

17.1 - 216 lbs
18.1 - 217 lbs
FutureVagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 06:34 PM   #126  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

FutureVagabond: Welcome! I'm a similar height and weight with about the same goal weight, as well. I'm about 10 years older, though...lol. Nice to meet you!

M0nty: Hope you enjoy your day off and get to everything that you need done!

Magicsusan: It is fascinating, for sure! Bodies are so strange sometimes, lol. Great job on the jogging, by the way!

RunningRedHead: We went to bed by 8pm last night, and I came back down this morning, so - between the lack of sleep the night before and TOM unexpectedly coming this afternoon - it has started to make a little more sense! I'm going to go to bed early again tonight (though not quite as early as last night...we were just both really tired from not much sleep the night before) and see if I can get my body liking me again, lol.

imthegoddess: I hope yours is back down tomorrow, too!

Laura: I am so glad that you joined it, as well!! I find it really keeps me mindful and motivated, too. Which I have needed this week, for sure! I hope you're able to get some more restful sleep soon, I know how rough that can be...here's to a good night's rest!

SweetEpiphany: Your holiday down in FL sounds lovely, especially since you're living up in the colder climates of D.C...I bet that time in the ocean was heavenly in comparison! Haha. And, great job staying on track while on vacation, proving once again that you are the Queen of self control!

Curvy: It came back down today...so, it was a roller-coaster bump, for sure! I think sleep deprivation along with TOM coming unexpectedly early today was the culprit as a combination. Still a little extreme though, threw me for a loop...lol. Also, your post really made me want some lemonade!

----------------------------------------------------

Weigh-in seemed more normal today at 203.8, but still up from where I was last week...then, TOM showed up unexpectedly early today, so that makes the extreme, unusual bloating seem a little easier to understand now, lol. You gotta love when your cycles are out of whack. Hopefully, I will start losing again soon in spite of TOM. Having a rest day yesterday helped make me feel more energized for workouts today, so I think I needed one. I also didn't hit my water goal yesterday, because I was feeling a little nauseous (probably all that bloat), but I drank one full bottle which is still 2.2 liters, so it was still a decent amount. Going to make sure to drink both today to see if it helps bring down the bloat even more. I also think going to bed early last night helped too, so I'm going to do that again tonight, as well.

Week Three
15: 204.6
16: 203.8
17: 206.6
18: 203.8 - TOM.
19:
20:
21:
----------------------------
End of Week Two: 203.6
Total Loss for Week Three:

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 11:20 PM   #127  
90 and then some...

S/C/G: 258/221/180

Height: 5' 8 1/2

Happy Thursday Everyone,
Not a good day at work. Very stressful day. Very understaffed and way way too busy. Between frustration and hip pain halfway in the day, I ended up emotionally eating but kept it to as minimally as I could. Tomorrow is another day.

Magicsusan: Yes we do that at our office a lot. A lot of docs we work alongside, like to have a piece of chocolate now then. Amazingly none of them have weight issues!

Today
Weight 213.9

Food
Breakfast
MR/Oatmeal/Smoothie
Smoothie

Veggies/Fruits
Frozen strawberries
Baby Spinach

V/F Servings

Lunch
MR/Oatmeal/Smoothie
MR

Veggies/Fruits
1 cup green beans
1 cup mushrooms
1/2 cup potatoes
1/4 cup onions

V/F Servings

Dinner
MR/Oatmeal/Smoothie
Oatmeal

Veggies/Fruits
1/2 cup potatoes

V/F Servings

Snack
4 protein bars

Total Veggies/Fruit servings

Physical Activity minutes
12 minute dog walk
10 minute stationery bike

Last edited by M0nty; 01-18-2018 at 11:22 PM.
M0nty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:14 AM   #128  
NOOM user

Happy Friday!!

Curvy I hear you on not missing winter. I moved from Ontario to Virginia 7 years ago and have no regrets! Love the odd "snow day" like we had this week, but the temps are moving up to the high 60s this weekend.

Thanks all for the sleep wishes! It helped. I only got up once because I had to go to the bathroom, but overall, a good nights sleep.

Scale continues downward and I'm pleased. Had a great NSV yesterday when I was planning out my meals for today. I had previously assigned a 200 calorie KIND bar as a snack and some peppers. When I looked at the amount of food I was going to have, it wasn't a lot, so I tried to find smart calorie swaps. I took out the KIND bar and replaced it with an apple and some plantain chips. As well, I redesigned my tuna salad. I took out the 100 calorie organic mayo and used lots of spices plus 25 calories of Poppyseed dressing from Panera. The mayo savings allowed me a little more wiggle room to replace the bar and peppers with baby carrots, apple and plantain chips. I've changed my approach to my day's calories like I've not done before.

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!!
Old 01-19-2018, 09:37 AM   #129  
Gizmo

FutureVagabond welcome to this thread

Reading everyone's posts from the past few days, it looks like successes all around, congrats all!

Nothing much new to report from me. Yesterday was the first day that I felt like I had a bit more energy and was coughing less, without the aid of Dayquil. I now have 4 days off to rest and hopefully be rid of this thing. I'll try and do some housecleaning today and see how that goes. Baby steps.

Hope everyone enjoys another positive day!
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 12:14 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Good morning

Happy Friday!

, FutureVagabond! It's great to have you here. Please post as often as you'd like and make yourself comfortable. This is a very warm and supportive thread and we like newcomers.

opheliaphoenix: I knew that the blip up would be momentary! TOM has a way of messing with progress so I'm glad you're back down to where you were before it jumped up.

Laura: on your NSV! Great job with the food swaps. From your description it sounds like make those kinds of choices is coming pretty naturally.

M0nty: Hoping you have a better and less stressful day today. I think we've all been in the stress eating boat so there is no shame there. Your commitment and attitude to do better today are strong. You can never go wrong with that combo.

Martine: Good to hear from you and get a health update. I'm happy that you have 4 days off to really recuperate and hopefully get back to feeling more like your healthy self. I find that a little housecleaning keeps me feeling productive and positive. Take care of yourself.
Other than one afternoon meeting my calendar is clear. I need to do some housecleaning in my office and catch up on some email and other tasks I haven't been able to get to this week.

Everyone have a fine Friday and start to your weekend!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 02:34 PM   #131  
NOOM user

Curvy - YES! And it's kind of paradigm shifting for me. When I started with NOOM after the structure of Medifast, I initially had this irrational fear of not bringing enough food to work. Eventually I got over that, but still was consistently exceeding my calorie range and the result was just maintaining. Now, with the Diet Bet looming with it's fixed end date, I was in another state of panic that I wasn't bringing enough food while staying inside my calorie range (doing so this week has shown losses on the scale, so I'm doing something right); having that realization that I could make smarter calorie choices was so freeing!! And true, they are becoming more instinctual, which is fantastic!

Cheers,
Laura
Old 01-19-2018, 03:32 PM   #132  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

M0nty: I hope tomorrow is a better day for you!

Laura: I'm happy to hear you got some more restful sleep...great food NSV, too!

Martine: I hope your days off give you the time you need to kick that sickness to the curb for GOOD!

Curvy: After your meeting is done, I hope you're able to get everything done that you need to and then get some time to relax afterwards.

----------------------------------------------------

Weigh-in was 204.2 today, so I'm thinking TOM is just going to be messing with me this week. I just hope I can show some kind of loss for the week by Sunday. We will see...still staying on plan with everything and trucking on.

Week Three
15: 204.6
16: 203.8
17: 206.6
18: 203.8 - TOM.
19: 204.2 - TOM.
20:
21:
----------------------------
End of Week Two: 203.6
Total Loss for Week Three:

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:48 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

imthegoddess: It definitely can be! Hopefully your little bump will turn around just as quickly as it came on.

Laura: I’m sorry you’re having such trouble sleeping. I hope it improves soon. I have been having the same trouble with small chocolate treats. Getting control of it, and eliminating the alcohol sounds like a good idea, I’ve noticed a bump the last two days, and the only thing I’ve done differently is some wine with dinner.

curvy: I don’t think I’ve ever tried a Meyer lemon, they sound great!

SweetEpiphany: 70 degrees sounds wonderful right now! I hope I’m lucky enough to have weather that warm when I go to Florida in a few weeks. It sounds like you had fun! Congratulations on being so close to such a milestone

opheliaphoenix: Glad to hear you got some good rest. Of course TOM snuck up on you, that explains it all! Way to go getting your water and workouts in. I always find it so difficult to find motivation to workout when shark week is here.

Martine: It’s great to hear you’re feeling a bit better without the DayQuil. I hope you enjoy your four days off and continue to be on the mend.

SW: 286.1
GW: 279.0

Week 1
1/2: 286.1
1/3: 285.5 (-0.6)
1/4: 284.4 (-1.1)
1/5: 285.2 (+0.8)
1/6: 284.7 (-0.5)

Week 2
1/7: 283.9 (-0.8)
1/8: 285.6 (+1.7)
1/9: 284.0 (-1.6)
1/10: 281.0 (-3.0)
1/11: 282.8 (+1.8)
1/12: NWI
1/13: 280.9 (-1.9)

Week 3
1/14: 280.2 (-0.7)
1/15: 282.4 (+2.2)
1/16: 284.0 (+1.6)
1/17: 281.4 (-2.6)
1/18: 281.9 (+0.5)
1/19: 282.5 (+0.5)
1/20:
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 07:46 AM   #134  
NOOM user

Happy Saturday!

A rare weekend post from me. I just had to come on because I had my first scale victory. After many, many weeks on Noom trying to not only maintain but undo the holidays, I recorded my lowest ever weight including my weight when on Medifast. I guess I'm doing something right, finally! I also got to update my ticker and profile weights for the first time since November.

Now to face the challenge of the weekend. We're driving up to Northern Virginia this morning to go to IKEA and I am trying not to overindulge at all because I want to not only maintain but lose this weekend. It's funny, I had thought about being very stoic with my calories that I could control like breakfast and possibly dinner in case we ate lunch out but that was not to be. I worked late Friday night and this morning my husband went out for breakfast and picked me up a power sandwich from Panera. Happily, it is the lowest calorie breakfast option so it's similar to what I may have decided to make this morning myself. He's been doing really well himself he's lost 12 pounds this month and it seems like he's had that moment where he realizes he has to do something and he has to stick to it.

Hope everyone has a safe happy and healthy weekend!
Old 01-20-2018, 09:31 AM   #135  

Hello all,

LauraRV: congrats on the scale victory!

RunningRedHead and curvynotlumpy hello there, hope you're having a good month!

OpheliaPhoenix I HATE those unexplained gains but it sounds like you are doing well with motivation still. Congrats on that! I struggle then.

Martine feel better soon I hope!

MOnty tomorrow is another day for sure, I hope you have a great weekend diet wise.

Sweet Epiphany doing well even on vacation takes some discipline, congrats on that!

imthegoddess hopefully that pound disappears today for you, its probably water weight.

Struggling this month which surprised me since I made it through the holidays with losses. I am still working out daily and I eat healthy for most of the day too which is great. My problem this week is evenings. I keep waking up during the night at 10:30 or 11:30 and eating a lot of junk. I tossed some oatmeal cookies I baked this morning in the trash because I binged on them yesterday. I am up 2.8 pounds from it too! 177.2 today. I ate more in cookies yesterday than I ate for the rest of the day! I don't know why I started binging.

I hope to nip it in the bud though, its been an all week thing for me, I was on plan with 1200-1300 calories a day only 3 days of this week. Yesterday I went over what I burned by 400 but the other days I was under the calories I burned so some of the gain is likely glycogen stores causing water retention in me. I hope next week is a better week for me.
Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote