Old 03-22-2018, 01:58 PM   #421  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Lemon: Yeah, I'm not going to be much help on the bra search either. I hate shopping for them, too, and I am not even close to your size. I'm in B cup. Glad to hear you are doing some things for yourself! Kids, husband, and life sometimes put you in last place, so it is good to do some things for you too. I kind of think it doesn't help anyone else in our lives when we don't take care of ourselves. So, good for you!

Lilion: Haha! I like how you look at bra shopping and sizes. That's some good stuff!! Made me smile!

Jenni: Ugh on your TMI alert issue! I haven't had that problem, but I would definitely think that it could be a problem for you. Or you may need to check with a doctor to make sure there is no infection. Or, does it just happen during TOM? Weird.

As for me, my weigh in was the same as yesterday. That's ok. I would rather see it go down, but it is better than going up! I went to Body Pump today, and it was pretty challenging. I'm not sure what that will mean for weighing in. Maybe I'll skip it tomorrow.

Going to Spin tomorrow. So glad it is Friday!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 04:22 PM   #422  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Jen: is it hives? Or yeast? Or fungal? See your doctor and have them determine what it is. They have a nystatin powder if it’s yeast. Soaking in baking soda bathe can settle the itch. If it’s fungal, there are meds too to clean it up. If in general it’s just a chemical sensitivity I know some women are using diva cups. Yep sounds just as it sounds. Take a look. No, no reviews from this gallery. But having an itch is not fun! Especially mid day at work. Just saying!

Diane: I used to be a B before kids, who the heck knows what happened. When I was talking to my mom she’s like you can’t have him that big, “I’ve never been beyond a C” I’m sure she has at some point - but her bra fitting has never been she just gets what she thinks fits from 40 years ago.

Yeah for your body pump! Keep up the good work.

AM: behind on everything! I did get my pattern so that’s good I can start looking at figuring out my pattern for the dress.

Still need my daily water and I was bad and had peanut mms - dealing w insurance woes. Was told at clinic my kid was ineligible on insurance - SAY WHAT? They told me he’s Medicaid right, I said commercial. Whatever the case they let him be seen and will deal with the issue. Had DH call and verify he is indeed covered and they have everything on their end for him. And then there is the prescription insurance that’s not paying for anything. Let’s just say the mms were a stress buy.

I’m glad you all sound fairly light hearted! We need that with spring coming. I’m off to find some chicken to thaw for dinner it’s going to be the big salad night with it. Mms bad - salad good!
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 06:42 AM   #423  

Water: 132oz
No walk

Well I suspected the weight would go up a smidge peanut mms and all! I’ve got to bake for the church fish fry and get that dropped off by noon. So hopefully that goes well. My fast was off due to the running and of course so was my lunch. These things I have to deal with.

I travel this weekend to see my mom and I know my eating is always wonky. My mini goal is to get my water in and not gnosh endlessly like I usually do. Always hard because she’s in a larger area and popping out for a meal or treat has never been time consuming. So I need to be as smart as I can be about it this weekend.

So I wish you all well and I’ll see about popping in later to say hellos. Happy weekend all!
Old 03-23-2018, 10:03 AM   #424  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hi guys! It's Friday!!! Soooooooo excited even though I need to do a lot of work this weekend to catch up on ALL the things I didn't get done this week because I was doing other work that technically isn't my actual real work. If that makes sense. Anyway, I finally weighed in yesterday and whilst it's not fantastic at 186, it's also not the 192 I've seen this month and it IS a couple of pounds down from a month ago so... I'll take my Ws where I can. What's actually really making me proud of myself though is that I've done 9 weekdays in a row of workouts. Yes, quite alright I haven't worked out today to make it a solid 10 weekdays but at the same time, I'm happy I haven't given up yet or given myself a chance for excuses. Diet is so far so-so, not at all bad in the 1500-1600 range whereas I'd like to be maybe around 200 calories per day less than this but it's okay. One step at a time.

Jenni: Yay the good weigh in!!! Come on new decade!!! Re my carbaholic ways possibly causing my hunger issues, you're probably right. People say protein is the most satiating macronutrient so I can see how lowering carbs, upping the protein would help- and I'm working on that a bit, I just need to do better. How did you slide into the groove of low carb- did you just go low carb cold turkey for health reasons or did you scale it down gradually? Re the feminine hygiene product issues, you are not alone. Do you know how many dyes, bleaches, alleged skin lotion/protectant coatings, chemicals of all sorts etc go into making pads and tampons? I think people just accept that they'll be uncomfortable down there during periods but it's no surprise whatsoever. And what you're experiencing IS a thing, you're not alone. You could just be sensitive to whatever's in conventional pads. I found that switching to the Always Cotton Touch pads over the conventional nylon-y feeling ones really helped a lot with the discomfort and heat and other issues, although still not perfect. I don't know if they sell those in America but look out for them if they do. They're in a light pink packet where I'm from. But for a lot of people that's still not enough because they're sensitive to the chemicals in the pads as well not just the material. I'm sure you've probably already eliminated everything fragranced and if you haven't already, you might want to try one of the "clean" organic, chemical/dye/bleach-free pads. A brand I know is popular and sold in some stores in America is Natracare- they're also available online. There's also Seventh Generation that makes pads and I believe the Honest Co. does as well. With the proliferation of small feminine hygiene mail order companies, there may be more than these, but these are the ones I know about. Failing the pad life, I'm a menstrual cup convert (I know! one of those people) and that might be something worth considering if the issues persist.

Lillion: Glad you're back and posting. I agree work IS the perfect place for catching up and posting... makes it so much less "work-y." Yay swanning about. I'm sure you swanned perfectly. managing to lose whilst you were away! It sounds like a good time was had and wonderful memories made and that's really what's important. What do you do with your camp furniture when you're home? It looks like proper house furniture- is it specifically for SCA camping or can you just bring your regularly used stuff? What I want to know is how serious do people get with sticking to the time and if they have like storage units of SCA stuff for events?

Lemon: I'm amazed by the cactus cuisine- it doesn't seem that hard to prepare. Although I'm lazy and would prefer the pre-chopped variety as I'm sure I'd find a way to damage myself with a spine. I'm glad you're feeling more on track with IF and the scale is reflecting. Re: the bra chronicles, I personally don't believe in adding 4-5 inches to the band of a bra... my inner conspiracy theorist tells me it's a ploy by lazy brands not to have to extend their cup sizes past a D- yes VS, I'm looking at you! Anyway, it's been a few years when I was big into what I considered "proper" bras way before "proper" bras started exacerbating my digestive issues, but anyway from the professional fittings and my "bra companies, take my money and give me good boobage" days, I know the support should come from the band and cups so those usually feel quite fitted (or as a normal person would say tight) otherwise, the support will come from the straps and give you back pain and welts on your shoulders. My former bra lady told me that a new bra should always need to be worn on the first hook (the one with the widest band circumference) to allow for the stretching that will occur later on with wear and laundering. So if you have a brand new bran and it's comfortably on the smallest hook, it's probably a smidge too big. Also you're totally right about the gore needing to touch your sternum otherwise it means your bra straps are probably bearing the burden or your poor boobage is being unnecessarily squished. With the issue of the current bra in question- I doubt you're a 42 especially if the band is relatively okay and the gore is sitting flat against your chest. I'm thinking one or more of 3 things could be happening: it could be that the cup size is a bit too large OR that the particular company or brand makes underwire cups that are too wide or too long (which you can snip and tailor yourself) OR it could just be the wrong style or fit of bra for your particular shape of boobage (I suffer from the wrinkly top of the bra as well often and it's often a style of bra issue... well also a lack of volume in the top part of my boobs issue as well but that's another issue). The stuggle to find bigger bras is real and I feel you. I was a 42E in the 8th grade, and I've been a 44J, 40G, 36H, 34F and currently a 36E, so it's been a lifetime of bra woes till you find the right one. I think you just have to keep trying till you find a good one. I used to be able to find larger cup size bras (up to G at least and occasionally up to H) at "good" department stores like (Neimann or Macys or Dillards), Lane Bryant used to have some serviceable though not fantastic ones as well and when I was in grad school, I found a couple of excellent indie specialty bra stores through Yelp that were local and though they didn't stock my size, they didn't laugh at me or try to force me into some improbable size, instead they special ordered some bras for me. But you're right, it can get pretty expensive to have big boobage.

Uber: Hah! I'm glad I'm not the only weirdo getting back into bed after semi-making the effort to work out. Historical non-fiction seems like it would lend itself to the kind of history buffs waiting to nitpick in the reviews, it sounds there might be a lot less... kickback in doing fiction. Although I read a historical novel last year that was based on allegedly true events in WW2 but obviously fictionalized and people still nitpicked quite a lot. So who knows. I don't read a lot of proper historical fiction so I was a little taken aback by how rabid the desire for verisimilitude was.

Diane: Two hour spin class!!!!! WOW!!! You're a rockstar to even attempt it. That sounds killer but you can totally do it! AND hike on Sunday! #beastmodeactivated I hope the weather holds out for your hike since you missed last week. Do you also hike through the summer when it's super hot? Is this a better time of year for it? When IS good hiking season? What's your favourite time of year for a hike?

Okay guys, I'm 2 minutes late to a meeting so I've got to go. Wishing you all an awesome weekend!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 01:40 PM   #425  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Toasted: Oh my gosh! You are a wealth of information for all of us! Look at your knowledge on so many issues. Thanks for sharing to everyone, as I learned a little bit from reading what was directed at others. Feeling pretty smart now. As for hiking, I do hike in the summer, too. In fact, that's usually when I start going for short hikes after work a couple of times per week. It gets pretty hot, but I kind of like the sweatiness of it all. Gross, I know, but it works for me. Then, on weekends, I'll go earlier in the morning, when it is a little cooler. I actually love hiking in the summer the most, with fall being a close second. Spring is ok, but it can still be kind of muddy.

Lemon: I've heard of women who gained "fullness" after having kids. I was huge while nursing, but then they went away, back to the B cup. I think I'm glad about that. It is definitely easier finding a bra for smaller cup sizes! Hope you enjoy your trip this weekend. Traveling makes it hard to stay on track, but it is fun to get away.

As for me, I went up a little bit this morning on the weigh in. I kind of expected that, and even a little more. I did body pump yesterday, and last night I started to feel sore. This morning was even worse. Hopefully I'll see a drop soon. I was pretty happy with getting dressed after Spin class today. This pair of jeans (casual day) had been very tight during Christmas, etc, and I had trouble getting them closed. No trouble today, and I can still breathe!! So, I know it is getting better, even if the scale isn't quite where I would like it to be. Little victories.

Yep, 2 hour spin tomorrow. I'm kind of excited about it. I think I can do it, even if it is challenging. We'll see how it goes, if I ever do it again after tomorrow! Ha!

So, you know the side ads they have on this site? I don't know if you see them when you're on your phone. Anyway, the ad right now is showing new flavors of Rice Krispies Treats. Birthday Cake and Cookies 'n' Crème. They look pretty good...........
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 01:48 PM   #426  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Height: 5'6

229.8!!!!! I don't know why this makes me so excited but it does! I don't know what is going on with my body I would stay at the same weight for weeks now it's different every time I weigh. I guess it's part of the journey. This crazy journey we all are on!

Diane: I think it's an allergic reaction to the products. I have red hair, light skin, and very sensitive skin at that. I'm going to try an organic brand or maybe an organic tampon and if it still happens I'll go to the doctor. Thanks for the suggestion s. Any fun plans this weekend?

Lemon: It only happens a day after using the feminine pass and goes away a couple days after I'm done. I think it's an allergic reaction. I'm going to try organic. I actually have a diva cup I just had a horrible experience with it!! Have fun on your trip!

Toasted: I'm so glad your weigh in was good for you! I do low carb for health reasons. I didn't realize you were working out so much, you definitely need carbs! If you want to try something you could do whole food carbs. Fruits, veggies, potatoes, and rice. You seem like you got a good start on things. It's really hard getting that start. Starting is the most difficult thing. I even find if I do a cheat meal I have a hard time starting back up! I am going to try an organic brand thank you for that suggestion. I do have a diva cup just had an embarrassing horrible experience with it! Have a great weekend!

Happy Friday Yay you all!!!!
jenjenangel027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 11:10 PM   #427  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Hey all

Sorry, I just got crazy busy all of a sudden and I've been working 24/7 on my book edits. And I'm feeling pressured because we're leaving for France on Wednesday, and in between, I also have a long rehearsal on Saturday for a Palm Sunday performance. So, I don't have time to read all the comments I missed (mostly about bras, LOL)

I'm still hanging around 249.4... I figure the scale has got to move eventually. Meanwhile, I'm too busy to worry about much!

Have a great weekend everyone!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 08:23 AM   #428  

No w/I visiting w family

Morning ladies:

Uber: I hate last minute edits - I know too well about it. I do hope you manage to get them all done and off your plate before you go. Tell me about France - what highlights besides your beautiful DD do you look forward to? How often have you been (don’t ask me to recall as that’s still spotty for me )? If you have, do you have favorite haunts? I’ve only been at the airport for a run through lay over it was late August and body odor permeated the terminal I was in. No fond memories for me. Enjoy the trip and have safe travels!

Diane: my own saddle is sore thinking of a two hour ride - but you’ll persevere. It sounds like you are really embracing the exercise! Go you! I hope you do well and see great changes.

Toasted: makes you wonder how the body redistributes fatty areas. I’ve never had boobage like this in my earlier life. Whomever knows. I always have to laugh at my pathology on my mammos - unremarkable fatty tissue. Well I guess that’s ok. I’d rather nothing remarkable during that squeeze!

Did you get your work completed? What’s on tap for your weekend? The weight will work it’s way back down. Do you have a partner in crime to help you? Oh and school - sadly here in my neck of the woods it’s always been popular was associated with hot looking, athletes (football first - US style) or who could throw the biggest parties and sneak in stuff. Academic types weren’t popular, just tolerated and would only fit in if they excelled elsewhere or had a sibling who had been popular. It’s totally dumb the heirachy that exists even in elementary school! And in a small town it’s worse as those same people raise their kids to partake in that all over again. To have my child say “I’m not popular and I know it” but say you know it really doesn’t bother me. I said do you get along w everyone? Mostly. Well then she’s doing ok. Good friends can come later.

And all things Royal - are you gearing up to watch in May?

Jen: I’d say if it is constant to have the issue checked out. Sometimes we can carry things that only really rear their heads in small windows of opportunity and they just lay slowly festering the rest of the time mainly symptomless. I’ve had something like that and since medicating for it, it’s an improvement but required a second longer dose. If it comes back again then we have to try a maintenance drug (boo hiss). As for the cup - I read lots of women enjoy using, I haven’t tried - for me there is just the ick factor.

Big plans for the weekend since the unicorn party is done? Have you got DH on board to walk with you this weekend?

Lil: how are you doing? How is the healing?

Laurie: hello!

Hello anyone I have missed!

AM: I tackle the store early this am w the kid as we both need bras. Good golly I’m not thrilled but the more I read it seems bra mfgs (at least the cheaper ones I plan to do - playtex really isn’t cheap but whatevs) really can’t guarantee anything above a D to fit right/well etc. can people not do studies and fitting? Anywho, I’ll just let you all know if I’m successful. This is not rocket science!

The weather was suppose to dump snow at the edge of the state but I’m hoping none found its way here. I’m going to try and get the flower bed here ready for the next few times I’m down for planting so I don’t have to do cleanup first and then plant. Hopefully it goes easily.

Weightwise - not hopping on until Monday. DH is keeping me fairly honest and reminding me of fasting Windows as we travel. I would have loved something on the way traveling down instead he got me a coffee which was so bitter and sour I didn’t have much. So I was good st least for the moment.

Have a good weekend all! I’m off to slay coconuts!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 03-24-2018 at 08:28 AM.
Old 03-25-2018, 09:16 AM   #429  

Bra shopping was horrible! Nothing fit and I have no clue what to do. Granted it was just a Kohl’s but hades bells i tried on what should be the “correct” band size and I couldn’t get it to the hooks to fasten. I went up one band and that one was too tight - uncomfortable tight. And dumb me forgot to take my tape measure to see where the darn things were measuring. I found one that kind of fit and brought it home to see if in my own space of shoving and stuffing and moving straps what it does. BUT it reminds me HOW DISAPPOINTING it is trying to find a bra. Not to mention the swing of differences between companies or even styles within companies of how things are all sizes so differently. My biggest laugh came in the larger bras that they were even marketing as just XL or XXL. Sorry but when a lady needs to hoist the goods a non sports bra marked xxl is not going to do it.

I guess I will have to wait until I get to a large city and see if I can find a fitter. You all say Nordstrom’s have fitters? I don’t have a Nordstrom within 2 1/2 hours of me so it will have to be part of planning.

Just let’s say disappointed.
Old 03-25-2018, 01:56 PM   #430  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Just to let you all know I won't be posting for a couple days. My hubby had several heart attacks. He had a blockage and a build up in one of his left ateries. They tried to put a stent in and his artery tore slightly because his artery was shipped like a corkscrew. He will be in ICU for 72 hours to watch him. Tomorrow he has a test to see if there was permanent damage to his heart. He will be on heart meds the rest of his life and he's only 47.

Please hold those you love close this was so unexpected!
jenjenangel027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 03:58 PM   #431  

Jen: I’m so sorry! Prayers to you and your family as your husband heals and regains strength and for you all to stay as strong as you can. Keep us posted - sending good thoughts for a speedy recovery.
Old 03-26-2018, 08:05 AM   #432  

I’m hopeful that his number doesn’t stick around long. My GI tract always goes into auto hiding when I travel and then with my increase in weight I said to DH don’t tell me yours is lower and he grinned like a chessire cat. He came down 2 lbs. so where I’m feeling for myself meh I have to be happy my DH has found the 2xxs. I think he is too.

Hello all!

Jen: come to us when you need to vent or are worried and just need an ear (or eye in this case). I hope your man is out of the ICU by now and is on the path to healing. Will keep you and your family in my thoughts.

Lil: has everything fallen back into place since your trip? How is everything in your neck of the woods?

Uber: are you busy packing? Did you make sure the passport is at the ready? Right before I travel I always dream of flying over water even when I’m not. So your flight is about 14 hours? Is it a direct one? Or do you have a layover in NY or Chicago or Detroit? Are you traveling there on your own?

Diane: did you survive your two hour ride? With all your exercise it probably was super easy for you!

Toasted: how was your weekend? I about am ready to give the boot to bra fitting. Thank you for the reminders. I’m to the point of saying I really think if I went down in band size and up in cup I’d probably have luck as in the wire length. I had a laugh when I read this tongue in cheek article. So I’m not the onlybeyond frustrated with it all. The one I did bring home is a wire free. My hope is that the weight can come off and perhaps I’ll shrink some more. Let me tell you - trying to find something in a weird size is horrid!

Hello all!

Ok off to begin Monday in earnest and see how the week goes. I’m sure once I loose the shy travel bowel (how’s that for polite) I’ll get on with it all. And maybe I’ll join DH in loosing too in earnest. This abacus is set in the constant slide back and forth. Ugh.

So happy start to your week as you all can find. Good thoughts for Jen, safe travels for Uber and for the rest of us - yeah it’s monday (ok I have to muster gumption and excitement to start my week!).
Old 03-26-2018, 10:21 AM   #433  

Jen I'm SO sorry to hear about your husband. I'll say a prayer for his fast recovery if you don't mind. Hang in there and take a moment to take care of yourself in this hard time.

Toasted, the furniture is all collapsible, so no storage unit - just a garage. Some people take being "period" very seriously - tents and furniture and clothing all to a specific century and documentable. Some people sleep in pop-up tents, sleep on store-bought cots and toss a tunic over a pair of jeans. The SCA doesn't make people be perfectly period, you can play to the extent you feel comfortable at.

Everyone else:

Nothing new happening with me. Unpacking is almost done. The tent is finally dry, the worst of the dirt brushed off it, and we need to get the floor cloth cleaned and dried and packed so that the new owner can pick it up! I'm STILL doing laundry. LOL But life goes on. I'll eventually get it together. Probably about mid-June, when the next big event happens.

Food-wise, things have been BAD since we got home. I really HAVE to start paying attention and eating properly again. It's hard, because hubby is back off track too...worse than I am...and he's constantly bringing to fat and sweets into the house. I have little to no resistance to them. If I can get him back on track, then it will be easier, but he and I tend to sabotage each other. Him, "I want ice cream." Me, "We shouldn't." Him, "No...we shouldn't." Me, "Do you want to go to the store or to DQ?"

I managed two days at work last week. Wednesday and Thursday. Friday I had these awful muscle spasms in my back and ended up going to two doctors - four clinics - I kept getting passed around - and finally in bed full of muscle relaxers. It finally is about back to normal but I still feel the twinge a bit. But I'm back to work again today. Hoping for an easy day.

Speaking of which, I gotta run! That's about it for me.
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 11:02 AM   #434  
Jill

S/C/G: 292/250.4/175

I haven't taken the time to go back and read any of the previous post but I plan to do that in a bit. I am, however, hoping to join you here. I am looking for encouragement and a place to seek advice, to vent......or maybe just to chat as I begin AGAIN!

I little bit about me:
My name is Jill and I am a 42 year old mother of 3 (22, 13, 11). I also have 1 daughter-in-law and 2 grandkids(5, 1). And I am married to a wonderful man, Doug. I live in TN, on a small cattle farm. We have cows, donkeys, chickens, peacocks, dogs and cats and will be getting goats in a few weeks. I am a stay at home Mom/Gram.

I started out (again) in 2015 at 292 and actually lost 100 pounds. I had packed on about 15 pounds before my son's wedding in 11/16 and since then, I am ashamed to say, have added another 43 pounds......in 16 months!!! At this rate, I will be back up to almost 300 pounds in no time! What's worse is I look like I've gained even more than I have because I haven't been able to go to the gym!

My son and daughter-in-law both had fluctuating schedules and I've kept the youngest of their kids for the last 10 months. It was impossible to have a gym schedule! But, they both just started a new job. While my son's schedule still fluctuates some, my DIL's is set and I only have to grandbaby M-W so I am hoping to be able to go to the gym at least a couple of times a week!

So, I begin again! My first big scale goal is to lose 10-15 pounds by the time the kiddos get out of school for summer break!
Jb1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 12:11 PM   #435  

Jill: welcome! Sounds like life is what your living too and for dieting purposes can be a bit a pain when you want to loose. I describe myself as an abacus - I slide back and forth in a decade and then leave (hopefully!) my decades take forever to get out of. My kiddos can ensure I snack with them - my youngest has taken to splitting things with me in case “I’m hungry mama”. That said - sure hop on in - I tend to babble a lot (SAHM needing adult conversation most days besides my DH) and right now I am readying for spring.

Lil: good golly - it’s hard to right the food ship! My DH is joint me in fasting and in one week is down 7lbs for me for him! Now if only my own loss would take off. Yeah for getting cleaned up and away. And your back? Boy you sure are finding lots of little bumps in the road. I had that going on and it turned out to be my other issue. All taken care of and good to go pain is gone and I can move.

Am: waiting for the school bus. I took care of my geraniums - are they growing well. I checked my other plant babies - meh: growing but not huge. I went out and checked my jugs, I guess I need to give them a water. Not sure if they are frozen (probably) and look freeze dried yet. We’ve had some warm up but not of the lasting or really warm categories. I’m hoping things start to grow sooner than not so I feel I wasted time, money and seeds.

Weight - got my IF in. And still waiting for the body to get back in gear. I will need to start my water for the day and hope that helps too. Weekends. Always.trip.me.up. Maybe that’s a new hashtag - hah! But they do trip me up but good and when I travel on top of it - geez! Let’s just say the scale and I don’t see eye to eye!

Anywho - I’m here and it’s a new day that’s kind of making me grumble. Best wishes all happy melting!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 03-26-2018 at 12:13 PM.