Old 03-19-2018, 08:36 AM   #391  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Queue the suspenseful bordering on sad soundtrack:

Update: I walked 20 mins. It was something better than avoiding which is what I wanted to do!

It is what it is. And I begin again and have my coffee in hand. I hope to get the walk in, the calories in control (cookies are all gone!) and water hit. I was successful on one point this weekend, I was able to get to my trigger point and I was able to release FINALLY that area that was giving me fits has gone from a 7 when I’d touch lightly down to about .25. So that is an improvement. Trigger point release amazes me always. I wish I could find the one to do my shoulder.

As for my meds adjusting it’s slow, I still have periodic jitters and I’m awake at weird times and tired at others. So it’s switching some but still not there.

Uber: baking always trips me up! But I like doing so and yes I do give away a lot but I also eat a lot. And I like how my house smells as the items bake. My daughter once told me the house smelled like love when she got home from school after a day of baking. I guess that’s a good memoryto have, but bad when you want to lose weight. Yeah for smaller outfits! I noticed my smaller jeans were feeling snug last week where they hadn't when I was closer to 220. And yours is but a hiccup. Aren’t you adding foods back in again? Maybe it’s just certain food types that your body hangs onto a while longer - rice always does that for me. I picture it continuing to swell up in my belly and one grain appears like it can hold 1 cup of water to make it plump! Maybe keep a journal on your phone if you tried a new food and you see elevation the next day. It’s worth looking at. I always noticed a big difference downward in scale if I ate watermelon. Can’t wait until I see good ones soon!

Jen: how did birthday celebrations go? I hope it all turned out fantastic in the end. Don’t fret w the scale, celebrate with your kids - they grow too quickly! You and I will work the scale down, sometimes it just stalls a bit longer than hoped.

Diane: did you get the hike in or was the weather a downer? It looks like it could snow w rain - just the way the sky is colored right now. But our snow is melting and that’s beyond good.

Lil: are you back from war? How was it? I hope totally enjoyable! Did you learn any new skills? And how’d the bed work out?

Toasted: I forgot to comment back - yep your moms pregnancy cravings sound non repeatable for your stress moments. I always wonder about how much our moms did/do that affect us. I wonder that with my own as i had to rely on meds to get my youngest here and keep my body from stopping his growth later in pregnancy. There are some delays present as this child ages and I know everyone we’ve worked with says you can’t second guess what you did mama - you got him here. Alas - still a thought.

Did you stay away from cake? Or did your dad make sure there was some around if you visited? Are you planning to watch the royal wedding? I wonder if henceforth she’ll go by her given first name.

Laurie: how was the trip? Do you get to do these often? How is your son doing?

Hello all!

Am: just to finish and hold myself accountable on this site my aim is to be accountable for calories today and a walk of some sort. I have a lot to do before the kids get home. But if I can commit to those two changes (yet again) and come on here and say I did it right up there with my weight in the morning maybe I can get the weight moving again. All these stutter steps that I do drive me bonkers on my weight loss journey. I see (read) on all these that are super successful marching down their decades with constant focus and goals, meeting them successfully. I’m of the laissez-faire variety. I love when I have success and then I eat yet again and go back up. HOW DO YOU CHANGE THIS MINDSET? I’m still searching for an answer. My small changes don’t seem to work stupendously.

So I will finish this, wave goodbye to my kids via the window and go get the walking clothes on and go move my self. And then feed my plants and make sandwiches for the freezer and the list goes on and on.

So happy Monday gals! I do hope we all have a good outlook about the world and our weight.

Last edited by lemonthyme; 03-19-2018 at 10:01 AM.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 11:03 AM   #392  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Height: 5'6

Okay, I cannot figure out how to post a dang picture? Can anyone tell me? Usually there is an upload picture place...LOL

Lemon: I sure hope all the medications level out for you! You need a break! With the sickness and med problem you deserve a nice break with the body! The birthday was great. I just need to figure out how to post a picture. It was all unicorns and my sister did an amazing job on the cake. Dang I want a unicorn party...LOL I did have a little tiny sliver of the cake. I really want my kids to see me enjoy myself too. They already ask questions about when I don't eat what they are eating and such. I have masked it with explaining my autoimmune and Fibro and that I have to eat certain things to help with those. I just do not want them growing up with a vision that they cannot have foods. I really try and teach them that they can eat anything in moderation but I explain the health benefits of fruits and vegetables. Having 3 girls comes with a lot of responsibility on making sure they have a lot of confidence in themselves.

Uber: You are so right. I was in a funk and thank you for giving me all that insight. I really do appreciate it. My mom had almost the same talk with me. Even if I had a 2 pound loss the whole month it is still a loss. I need to realize that it is going to take some time to get to goal weight and it doesn't matter what is happening around me all that matters is that I am making the changes to be successful with it. I would definitely make sure you are eating something if you are feeling that way. Do you get to where you get so cold and nothing warms you up? I have had a few of those spells...its is the weirdest thing.

Diane: Thank you for the encouraging words. I hope that spin went well for you. Did you get all the snow? I have come to terms with realizing that I cannot control what I lose. I can do my very best at counting calories and keeping with the IF of 16 hours fast a day, but I cannot control what my body wants to let go of. Some months will probably be a lot better than other months. I also let myself have a treat every now and then, if that makes it slower than it does. I just want to make sure I am not depriving myself and that I just get back with it the next day. Positive side I am almost done with 6 months on this restart journey and that is HUGE for me. I hope you are having a great Monday!

Happy Monday all! It came really fast for me! I am doing okay. I think TOM is approaching, well I keep feeling cramps just waiting. If I can figure out how to post pictures I will. We had great birthday celebrations and everything went amazing.

Have a great day ladies.
jenjenangel027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 11:23 AM   #393  

Jen: it looks like if you click on the paper clip in your posting window you can put a jpg up. If you use the mountain in yellow it looks like it’s going to make you put a link like to your photo bucket or flickr account if you have one. Try the paperclip and see what happens.

Last edited by lemonthyme; 03-19-2018 at 11:24 AM.
Old 03-19-2018, 01:26 PM   #394  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Lemon: I ended up not going on the hike. It rained and snowed in the morning. And, although it cleared up in the afternoon, I knew it would be muddy. Maybe next week. As for the scale woes, I am with you... I am looking at it as a place to start this week. We'll just start getting these numbers to go back down now.

Uber: Nice NSV with the clothes now fitting and even being on the large side! That shows you that things are getting better! Glad you weren't affected too much by getting so light headed at church. It might be that you have to eat a little something anyway in the morning. And, you are also right that the weight will drop when it is ready to drop!

Jenni: You need to be in the advanced post, not the quick post, to do a photo, I think. I used the paperclip and it gives you a box to browse for the picture. I also agree with what you said. Some months are going to just be tougher and there may not be a large loss, or if there is a gain, well then you just try again next month. Giving up can't be an option, but patience is sometimes a difficult thing.

As for me, I did have a gain last week. I kind of lost it over the weekend after I posted on Saturday. I did spin and then the upper body workout, but then went home and pretty much did nothing the rest of the weekend. I wasn't totally out of control on food, but I wasn't disciplined at all either. I didn't log my food, so I might have been over on calories. I just took a break, I guess. Sunday wasn't great with weather, so I didn't hike. I think that it would have helped if I did. But, I ended up watching a lot of basketball and not doing much else. The thing is, I'm not discouraged. I'm wanting to look at it as just a gain for one week. Now, just need to buckle down and get it to head back down. I do think that part of it might be because of a few changes I've made to my workout routine. I kind of feel like my body is rebelling a bit, and holding on to the extra weight/water.

So, back at it with spin this morning. I felt pretty stiff for most of it, but it was great to be there. I was planning on taking a rest day on Tuesday, but I might go in to do some weights. I have to think about it. There is a 2 hour spin class on Saturday that I want to try, so I won't be doing any weights after that. Ha! But, I also don't want to go too long without a rest day, so I have to think about it....

Tweaking the program some more... endless battle.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:01 PM   #395  

Hey all! I'm home and have pages of conversations to read... and I will... but for now I'm going to see if I can post some photos. Some are general photos and some are of our specific tent and camp and one is the coat. LOL. I promise to come back later and chat. Today is clean up after the trip.

Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:04 PM   #396  

Argh!!!!! Nothing!!!!

I don't know why I can't get photos to post. Heres a link to my Pinterest board that I put them on. Maybe you can just go look.
https://www.pinterest.com/aliceshock...otos-to-share/
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:20 PM   #397  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Lil Welcome back! I'm really looking forward to seeing the pictures. Hope you had fun!

Diane Well, a gain for the week is obviously not what you wanted, but coupled with a good fitness week I think you should still consider yourself on track. It can be hard to put the whole picture together, but one weekend of moderately loose food isn't going to change anything in the long run! Hope you get some better weather. Getting outside always helps so much!

Jen The unicorn party sounds wonderful!! Such a cute idea! And you did the right thing to eat some cake. I agree that it can be so hard not to transfer our body issues to our girls, and it's important to model healthy eating and body positivity. One idea that I think makes a lot of sense is to teach kids that some foods are "party foods". When you are at a party, you eat things like chips, soda, and cake, but those aren't every day foods. I had a friend from Sweden and she said that in Sweden, kids always get to go out for a treat-- cake or ice cream-- on Sunday afternoons. I thought that was such a nice idea. You get to enjoy nice things, but it also reinforces the idea that it's not something to eat every day. I can't say that I really managed to do that perfectly with my own kids, but they do seem to get the "party foods" idea.

Lemon It is frustrating to feel like you're having a setback, but you have really gone through a tough time recently with being sick and then getting your thyroid out of whack. Add to that the end of winter blues, and I think you are doing very well just by keeping your head in the game. In the past, my own struggle has always been to get frustrated and then just drop out entirely and "wake up" forty pounds heavier. As long as you are hanging in there and making goals for every day you are WINNING the battle. My son apparently did fine on his piano test-- what a little trouper! He does this thing where every year they have to take a music theory test and then pass a performance test. It seems very stressful to me, but luckily he doesn't have too much of an anxious personality. He won't find out if he passed or not for a couple of weeks, but I think they usually pass unless they totally screw it up. I'm proud of him for working so hard on something so challenging. My brother is a really good piano player and I always dreamed that one of mine would take an interest in music. It's so nice to hear it in the house.

Remembered to weigh in this morning, and the scale was still sitting at 249.9. I was happy because usually when lose two or three days in a row, I always bounce back up and settle at a higher weight, so to see myself clinging to the south side of 250 was very satisfying, especially because I've been able to return to a pretty much normal diet and am back around the 1100-1200 range for calories, which is target zone for me to lose slowly but steadily. Besides that, I've been putzing around doing not much of anything but today I need to really get organized, pay my bills, and finally finish those !@#$$#$@%%@$ taxes! (Did anyone guess that I'm a procrastinator?) because my editor is sending back more edits on my latest book and I only have a week to finish before I go France.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 03:16 PM   #398  

Lil: your coat turned out well! I had to laugh seeing the blocks under your bed legs and recalled you are a tall couple - so I thought that was ease for you both getting in and out of bed. Yeah for having had fun!

Uber: a week?! How fun. Pick up a beautiful scarf or something similar in your France travels. I was just reading how French ladies always look so stylish. Breton tops, Bright lipstick etc. enjoy your travels and stay safe!

Diane: boo on not getting outside. Well it’s spring and that’s what happens I guess. Soon enough and all! Oh yes the weight - I keep saying to myself though I just don’t munch down the scale I can quasi maintain the decade I’m in. I just get a tad bummed when I feel like I’m up and down the same numbers all the time!

Jen: yeah for a good day! I succumbed and baked a bread for dinner. It’s loaded with oats, whole wheat flour, wheat germ and no eggs or fat as it’s a soda bread. I plan to make a soup tonight to go with it. I hope it turns out well. The bread will be consumed in limited amounts by me but I promised my gal to retry my failure from st. Paddys. Look forward to your pictures.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:14 AM   #399  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hi guys. I didn't get round to posting yesterday but here I am. So good to catch up on all of your doings over the weekend etc. I should be working but I'm sooooooo HUNGRY, I can't stop thinking of food and it's too early to eat lunch otherwise I'll be again obsessed with food at the hardest hour of the day which every 9-5'er knows hits mid-afternoon. Well snackless mid-morning is rough too. I suppose I could bring a snack but really with me, there's no point. If I brink a snack, I eat it immediately I arrive and then still have the mid-morning "where is food's." Anyway, I worked out on Friday as I wanted, not running, but weights and HIIT so that was good as well. I did absolutely zero workouts this weekend, but I did make nut butter cups which were epic victories- everyone LOVED them, I'm not even a huge fan of nut butter but even I loved them. I only did them to get rid of some cashew butter I've had since last year (a friend of mine started a clean nut butter company) that I didn't want to go rancid, but they were pretty much LIT AF mostly because they were pretty in addition to tasting really good and that's usually not the case with my experiments (they taste good but often look... unfortunate) I did a Cashew Butter and Jelly, a Cashew Butter Chocolate Cup with sprouted watermelon seed crunch and a Triple Layer Chocolate Cashew Coconut Butter Cup. I almost would buy more nut butter just to make them again. The calories and macros on them weren't even too bad per piece.

I still haven't weighed. Although that's not entirely true. I sort of weighed yesterday evening with my sneakers on because I wanted to know the weight of my dumbbell bars without the plates (they're 3-lbs each- who knew?!). Anyway, my weigh in was THE HEIGHT of discouraging- not that I think I've gained 5lbs in one week, but getting into a decade 30lbs higher than you maintained for years is never nice to see. I know I'm pretty sore from working out every weekday last week and DOMS played a factor plus it was evening post meals and water all day, so instead of having a meltdown, I pulled on my big girl leggings (which now nearly cut off circulation to my midriff) and went hard on my workout. The weight is what it is but I feel more motivated than ever to turn this around.

Diane: I hope you're less sore than last week. I'm glad your mood is lifted and you're feeling better about the scale even though it's uncooperative. I'm working towards that as well.

Lemon: I'm sorry you're struggling right now. I'm sort of in a similar mindspace so I really get it and send you all the hugs. I agree with everyone above who thinks some of what you're feeling may be linked to all you've been through recently with illness and now trying to rebalance your meds, plus the winter season. I suppose it may not make it better knowing part of the "why" but at least hopefully it fills you with hope that gives you motivation to keep pushing along and to keep trying. I mostly applied to schools for undergrad on the east coast (I think I had one midwest school) because it felt closer to home to my teenage self. I chose my specific school because they gave me financial aid. And yes, I froze in the winter and it was the coldest four years of my life (well in winter time) even though I lived a year in Switzerland in the mountains right before that (and imagined I was ready for winter. I wasn't ready!) And yes, it snows in Massachusetts in May sometimes. And the snow banks are there till June. If you can, you should totally do yourself a new wardrobe that celebrates all your progress and helps you get excited for the summer. For me, the humidity and heat are unfortunately year round. At least it's sunny and cheerful-looking outdoors and the rains haven't started yet. I'm not the biggest fan of rain and wet everywhere and mud and flooding and that's what's to come almost everyday from April to October.

Uber: I'm exactly the same as you in professional situations. I actually don't mind public speaking or facilitating meetings or speaking up in work settings, where I know what I'm supposed to do and say and what the parameters for judgement are. I struggle in "unscripted" social situations where I have to make small talk or engage "unprepared" with strangers or in situations where I have no control of the judgement parameters- gives me a lot of anxiety and stress. I hope your son is feeling better. Fingers crossed you hit 245 soon and then can be official- even though sub-250 is itself. You said you're dreaming about moving, where would you like to go if you didn't have to consider the logistics of it all? What's your current dream city/town to move to?

Jenny: Sorry about the disappointing weigh in. That sucks and I hope you get the deserved whoosh soon. I'm a slow loser too and always have been. I guess that's just how our body rolls. But your mom was totally right, 2lbs lost in a month is sooooo much better than 2lbs gained. And often the benefits of mindfulness to our body are more than in weight loss even though we want that too. It's hard and discouraging when the scale chooses not to cooperate but let's keep pushing. I hope you figure out the picture posting thing, I'd love to see.

Lillion: You're back from another time!!!!! I love the overdress/rob and OMG I've never wanted to go camping but I can sooo do the kind that comes with a bed and furniture like yours- I love it!!! I hope you did ALL the swanning about and your hubs the heavy lifting?

Okay guys, it's officially lunch time so let me eat (YAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!) and then quickly catch up on some research for a meeting I need to go to after lunch. Hugs to you all!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 08:46 AM   #400  

It did first stop at at 226.4 but ended up at the higher number and for full disclosure, that’s what I’ll use for today. So the weight came down a little bit. BTDT slide up and down my abacus. It shouldn’t be called just any old diet but lemons abacus diet - how you can keep revisiting pounds on your journey! I think it would be a best seller

I think I have DH on board to diet. I took a picture of him without his shirt on and he was mortified what he saw when he was going through photos. He was in the background but still saw himself which sometimes is different then mirror viewing. Especially if you avoid the mirror because you have an idea of what the problem may be. So he’s trying, but I have a feeling he’s going to have more stumbles to fail as he’s not meal planning what he eats at work wisely. He’s a big man and thinks eating what I am will keep him fired up to power his day. It won’t. But maybe a day or two of being mighty hungry might clue him in some. He didn’t want suggestions this am and took mostly carb based items. I think tonight after the kids are down I’ll help him come up with something that will work for him menu wise/calorie wise. But I’m happy he’s hopping on board and maybe it will help us both.

I have a few tomatoes that have come up. They are spindley little stems with barely a leaf yet so I’ll keep them on their heat mat until I actually see leafs and then they’ll be whisked away and under the lights.

I need to get my walk in, however it’s a bit on the back burner as my littlest spilled oj all over the carpet. I got that cleaned up w my scrubber but I have half a tank of cleaner left so I’ll do some spot scrubbing in my living room while kids are at school and use it up. Then I’ll go walk. Best laid plans in my head always fall through. Hah!

Look forward to everyone’s drop ins - you’ve helped make these winter months bearable as a SAHM. Sometimes I feel a tad homebound and my friendships have all but fizzled as we’ve all gone different directions and we’ll life runs you hard and before you know it you crawl into bed. I’ve never made a good friend up in this area as it’s a very cliquey interrelated town and they haven’t been too welcome - maybe if I was the same age as the other parents - I met one of my DHs former classmates, he searched me out at an event. He married right out of high school and is a grandpa he totally laughed at me because our youngest and his grandson are in the same class. I will never understand when people find the need to laugh at you when you have had kids later. For myself, I wanted a strong partner in my life and marriage first and I didn’t find that until later. But that’s not his business. Hence why I don’t jump on the bestie train that still persists at school level w the parents and why I do my own thing and just say the popularity contest should have died in elementary school - how dumb and history just repeats w their kids.

Sorry for my ramble above. I enjoy reading your news as my day goes along. It helps me to be able to not only discuss diet woes but life. So thank you!

Off to get my spots cleaned up and then a walk done whatever that may be. Maybe I can melt down to the the mid 220s this week. Continue to cheer me on - I think I need it today.

Jen: your girls are lucky you are keeping a good outlook on body positivity. I’m trying to do the same as my oldest is changing and beginning tweendom. I hear you on keeping a good view on it. It can be hard in today’s day and age.

Toasted: we crossposted. And I just finished scrubbing and so I thought I’d send you a shoutout! Ouch on the scale, yes it’s a pain in the butt but you’ve had some good life living in there - your trips, family celebrations, enjoying life. I’m sorry but that is important to do too. Don’t get me wrong it’s disappointing I’m sure to go up and have to take it off (hello lemon!) yet again - we can help each other - heck if you take off 30 and I join you I’ll finally be in the 1xx. You have more gumption with exercise - but we can continue to cheer each other on.

Snow - I like it through Christmas and then frankly it can go. I did enjoy my winter trip to warmth and sun - but I know I’d hate the summer in FL w heat and humidity - so you pick your little devils. I’ve a friend who’s in TN and it’s been told to me you still get all 4 seasons but not long cold winters like here or hot hot summers like further south and still get the green to red leaves. I’ve never been except flying over. Winter can be a chore mood wise I think for anyone. And I’m about st the end of mine.

Ok lady I’ll lace up my shoes here and go walk. Maybe it will do some good today.

Hello all! Enjoy your days!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 03-20-2018 at 09:39 AM.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:48 AM   #401  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Height: 5'6

Diane: Patience is so hard. I think we live in a society of here and now. We are used to getting things we want because there are so many options. So when it comes to weight loss it is very difficult. When I lived in South Korea they had fast food, but not everywhere. And when you went and ate fast food the portions were so much smaller. Our want now society has brought a lot of the obesity to the table. I don't know if I clearly explained myself there because I was scattered LOL Thank you for the picture help. I was trying to do it on my phone. I will get on the computer Friday and try from there.

Lil: Hello!!!! I hope you had a fabulous time on your vacation! Cannot wait to here some stories.

Uber: I love the whole party food idea. We do that with soda and chips right now. We have told them those are only for special occasions or parties. I think these are important talks to have. Especially when they get a little older and want to look at magazines. I dread that conversation. I have always felt that women are portrayed to be model thin and "perfect looking" to go out anywhere. I have also started just throwing my hair up in a bun and telling my girls it is okay to get ready quickly to go to the store. I just want them to take away what makes you beautiful is what is on the inside. Great job on the weigh ins!!! I am glad you are getting to have a good variety of food. It probably feels wonderful to feel like you are eating normal and all!

Toasted: I am sorry you are struggling with the food and life. It is so difficult when you feel hungry ALL of the time! You got this though. You have done this before and I believe in you. Its all about getting into the grove of things. You just need to find your grove!

Lemon: That bread sounds amazing. Do you make it often? I am glad your hubby is getting on board. I wish mine would. He is a sweets guy and buys them ALL of the time. He keeps telling me I will just run and lose all my weight. I tried to tell him that weight loss is 80 percent diet. Maybe I should take that same photo I also hear you on the SAHM. I did that for years. It was rewarding but really hard at times. My oldest girl turned 9 in January and I already feel like she is starting the whole tweendom. What happen to the sweet little baby...LOL This too shall pass. My son was a lot easier than the girls. And I admire you for having kids later. I had my son at 19 and then didn't start with my girls until 29. It was a whole lot easier when I was older. I think it is great when people live a little and then have children.

Well TOM showed its ugly head. Cramps, cold chills, headache, crabby...... This too shall also pass. I woke up this morning thinking its only Tuesday...LOL One thing that made my day yesterday is all the cherry trees are blooming. It is so beautiful. I love cherry trees and that really signifies that it is Spring to me! My manager had my apply for this program and I found out I got into it. It's Aspiring Leaders Program. I am excited and love any type of learning opportunities.
jenjenangel027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 01:42 PM   #402  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Lilion: Yay! You're back! Loved the pictures, too. It is a way different tent and set up than what I have when we go hunting, but it still made me happy to see a little bit of tent living going on. Glad you had a good time, I think it was probably very therapeutic to get away and have some fun!

Uber: Sounds like you have some things to keep you busy! I didn't remember hearing that you were going to France. How nice!! That's definitely something to look forward to! And that's great that you stayed under 250. That's a great place to be!

Lemon: Yeah, I'm so ready for it to be warmer now. It needs to be solidly in the 60's at least, and I'd love to see the 70's. I did see a daffodil blooming in my flower bed, so that was fun. I hope your hubby can succeed with the new diet regimen. That's particularly tough, I think, when you haven't had to do it before.

Toasted: Oh I hate it when I go through those times when I am just so hungry. I sometimes get on a roll, when I am eating in a calorie deficit and I'm feeling great, and no problems staying on track. Then, there are those other times when nothing seems to satisfy. Makes it so hard. Hang tough!!

Jenni: Yep, patience is a tough thing. It gets so frustrating, but getting upset and angry about it doesn't help either. It will just take as long as it is going to take!! That's cool about the cherry trees. I wonder if the orchards near here are blooming. I saw an apricot tree with buds that were about to open, so I'll bet the cherry ones will be coming soon too.

As for me.... well... the scale went back down by a lot. I do think that some of the fluctuation is just from my changes in workouts. I was definitely glad to see it go back down. I started to think that something is wrong with my scale, but honestly, I don't think it is that. Just the joys of an imperfect science of trying to lose weight.

I ended up taking a rest day today. I just felt that it was needed. I have some pretty big workouts coming up, and I don't want to be too tired or sore to do them. Eating was on plan yesterday and I have it planned for today, so it should be ok today too.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 02:23 PM   #403  

Diane: big workouts? Are you working towards a marathon?

Jen: sorry TOM found you too! Stay strong avoid the endless wants to eat. That’s always my issue nonsense gnoshing! As for DH mine could join yours on running and how fit he was when he was younger and then I burst his exercise bubble by reminding him that was 30years ago. hah. I use to be an athlete to, and gen I graduated and become a top notch sit on my fanny type of girl. I go in small bursts and these days for me it’s either walking or stationary bike and what I miss is a pool as I found swimming a non-work work. Otherwise all the hoopla for exercise is lost on me. I find it to be a time taker and not helper in my day to day. So getting back to walking for me is a struggle because I feel I should be doing something else. Good luck w your DH. I know when we love, we eat and gain. It’s hard when you see their shape changing for the worse and helping them out without hurting their feelings. I love my guy no matter, but at the same time I see his shape is getting schlumpy posture and the weight causing him back issues and lots of aching. His kids are young and he needs to be here for them. So I’m hopeful we can journey together and I hope I can stick to it better as we loose together. And I know - men always loose quicker then us gals - but maybe just maybe it will work for both of us.

AM: I’ve 3 jugs of water in
I walked for a 1/2 hour today

And calories are still ok and in check.

So I’m trying and slowly trying to get back on the horse. I think I liked it better when my jeans felt a bit looser in the waist. Right now I still feel kind of full and tight. I’m trying to wear the jeans to remind me to stay in task when I’d rather my yoga pants but we all know that the comfort is a bad thing when dieting.

I’ve been transplanting little plants into their own cells and watering the others. Spring is looking good here! My outdoor ones don’t appear to be doing much but maybe in the next few weeks with some heat (yes mid 40s is heat!) will get growing. I aim to live on tomatoes this summer! Now get growing.

Happy afternoon!
Old 03-21-2018, 12:09 AM   #404  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Toasted It is so hard when you are really hungry! It's weird how sometimes you just feel hungry all the time and other times not so much. And it is frustrating to be 30lbs above your maintenance weight, but just remember that you were initially losing the weight back when I was losing it, and the fact that you managed to keep so much of it off is a huge achievement! Your nut treats sound so delicious my mouth was watering! YUM! And yes, you described exactly what is difficult for me-- unscripted social situation. I never even realized that was a thing!

Diane Happy to see that scale moving in the right direction! And I'm sure it was your body adjusting to the workouts... that definitely happens to me. Just when I feel like I can really feel a difference in the scale, the scale begs to differ! I do hope you start to see some cherry blossoms soon!

Lillion Now that is some tent! And I love seeing the robe being worn. Sounds like you guys had a great time-- but sheesh, it looks like so much work to get ready. I'm amazed that your relaxation is so elaborate! How did you get interested in it in the first place and how long have you been doing it?

Jenni Congratulations on the work kudo! That is an honor and must make you feel terrific! And there is just nothing as pretty as cherry blossoms!! When I lived back east, we had two huge cherry trees on our property, and when the blossoms started to fall off it was like pink snow! So beautiful! I remember my daughters running around with petals stuck to their hair. Sorry about the TOM woes! I swear, even if getting older sucks sometimes, nature gives us a lovely payback by stopping TOM!

Lemon It seems like it really depends on where you live whether people are judgy about being an older mom. Where I live now, there are quite a few older moms and so being older doesn't really make you stick out, but when I lived back east, when my youngest was in elementary school people used to ask all the time if I was his grandma because almost all of the other moms were really young. Since my oldest and youngest are 14 years apart, I know that older moms are often better, but it can be kind of hard to connect with people who are just in a different life stage and concern themselves with different things.

So me. Got the manuscript for my new book back today and I have to finish it before I leave for France next Monday, which I wasn't anticipating. So, now I'm going to be crazy busy! Dreamed last night that I forgot to bring my passport to the airport. Weight is literally sitting at 249.9 for 3 days. It cracks me up because I know that if it bounced up to 250 I'd be furious, but being at 249.9 doesn't seem so bad. Would love to see it go down, but for now, it's all good.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 08:42 AM   #405  

Water 122 oz
Walk 30 mins

So I accomplished something. And my DH is down a pound as well. Yeah for both of us!

I’m in my walking clothes so once the kids are on the bus I can get going. I’ve got my plants to take care of and then I’ll see about adding an extra 10 mins to gallop in my basement.

Thank you all for reminding me to just get on with it as a mom. Usually it doesn’t bother me at all but you do have a moment to catch your thoughts and focus a bit too hard. In general I don’t care about others views because we all have views. I will just work hard at raising nice caring people for the world.

So I see a new nor’easter it can stay out there. I notice we may have snow or ice soon too but I know it won’t last. Spring is rearing its head when I have active robins outside my house.

Jen: yeah for accolades and being recognized! I worked too long w never being thanked. I think people can flourish with a simple thank you or you did A great job! So to be honored with this is great! Now a raise would be icing right?!

Uber: isn’t that how it always goes? You get dropped something you weren’t planning on. Hopefully it’s a few chapters vs a final edit to go through. That’s always the worst and sometimes I used to secretly think my coworkers would just purposely hold things because they knew I had vacay and I usually would pace my self and have a list to get done and hated to deviate and leave fruit hanging if you will. But that’s the pessimist in me saying hello. Where are you spending most of your time in France?

Diane: do you hit up farmers markets often? Did you ever overwinter your geraniums? Mine are getting huge and blooming now!

Toasted: I generally post on my phone and we’ll my hands sometimes don’t work well and when I think I click on things and I don’t I get myself in trouble! I bumped onto your bio page - from the little I could see you have a lovely smile (welcoming!) and boy did you do a complete body change! My goodness your work paid off didn’t it?! These 30 will be but just a blip I’m sure as you sound very determined to release it.

Rainy season - are we talking of the monsoon variety? Because I enjoy a good rain - high winds or tornadic opportunities withstanding. What is the most beautiful part of your neighborhood that a tourist may not see but you enjoy?

Lil: are you all unpacked? Back to work? Hunting mushrooms?hey I’m all about spring in thought. I went and checked my garden jugs and they are still all nice and frozen. But I now have tomato plants. Out of the 18 seeds planted 14 thus far have germinated and I’ll thin out once they have leafs and a thicker stem. Do you use a pressure cooker at all for your meals? I made a good rice veg soup that I threw chicken into afterwards. Thought of you and your crock pot meals.

Hello all!

AM: well kids and bus left. Yes that means I should tie on the shoes and get walking here soon. I’m a bit tired today as I was yesterday and that’s the withdrawal or bringing my levels down I’m guessing and then once that evens out I should be good. It’s just the chemistry of what the body does and when it does it. All I can do is sit back and coast.

I’m happy the scale moved and I’m hopeful it will keep doing so.

And I’m beginning to introduce a lot of fresh veg back to my meals. Have any of you ever had those cactus looking things? I’ve never tried them and I don’t recall their name? The flat oval-ish ones they intrigue me but I guess I haven’t been that adventurous. Maybe I’ll make my goal to write down their names and look them up the next trip to produce. But I’m longing for some fresh - it’s time to enjoy the earths bounties without it being frozen, canned or processed.

Happy day all I’m off to think up new meals - today is an optimistic outlook about the journey of late - they have been few and far, but hey - I’ll take the feeling of feeling good about what I’m doing in the small drips that occur! And there is a bird singing at me! Spring ladies - spring!

Update morning: I walked I set my timer for 40mins as I’ve added 10 mins each day I walked having started with 20, granted today is day 3. I almost wanted to stop at the 20 min mark and said well it’s only 9 more songs (today was a 50s dowop day) and guess what?

I DID I walked for 40 mins. I will say it was hard because I got midway through and was trying to convince myself 20 was just fine. But I’m like what the heck and kept motoring - the last 8 I was kind of waffling again.

Ok so that’s my little NSV to barrel through my walking time. I’m wondering if I was slow today my pod only tracked me at 2 miles. I’ll have to go look what I’m doing.

Last edited by lemonthyme; 03-21-2018 at 09:59 AM.