Old 03-09-2018, 10:57 AM   #346  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Height: 5'6

Lemon: I know that oh too well. My dad was on that for years then had to have his thyroid removed. I hope you get the answers you need at the doctor. I am really sorry your body is not cooperating right now. Just know this will pass and you will be on your way soon. BTW I love hobby lobby!!!!!!

My day off and it's been lazy! I'm trying to get rest to heal completely. When I get a bug it takes so much longer because of the fibro and autoimmune. I usually don't help things because I go to work even when I still am not healed.

Have a great day ladies!
jenjenangel027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 01:16 PM   #347  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Jenni: Glad you have a day off and can use that to try to get better!! Whatever you had sounds awful and it seems to want to hold on. I hope you can kick it soon. Oh, and finding the door open would freak me out too. Just kind of creepy. As for Colorado weather, it is nice today and looks to be pretty good through the weekend, so I think we'll get to go hiking!!

Lemon: Ok, best description ever of plus sized clothing! Well done! So accurate!! Hope all goes well for you at the doctor and you can get back to normal!

As for me, I had a little bit of a loss on the weigh in today. I hope it continues through the weekend. I think my official weigh in on Monday might be higher than it was last Monday, but I don't want a big increase. So, I'll do what I can for the next couple of days. I didn't go to the gym this morning. I could tell that I needed a rest day, so I took it. I'll probably go to Spin tomorrow morning, do my grocery shopping and then my hair appointment is at 1:00. So excited. As I said, I do think it will be nice enough for a hike on Sunday.

Just need to keep on track with food. That has been feeling like more of a challenge this week for some reason. I keep logging my calories, so that has helped me stay on track. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 01:44 PM   #348  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Lemon What a challenge to be working on weight loss while your lab values are out of whack-- but it's good that you're taking a long view. And in the meantime, you're holding steady which is good! I love the image of you walking around your house singing at the top of your lungs! And I got a chuckle out of your plus-size lament! The thing is, sometimes you can find cute plus size-- but then it is TOTALLY overpriced! I do love Landsend and especially their bathing suits! My everyday clothes are mostly all really casual and stretchy so they can accomodate me whether my weight is up or down, but the more structured stuff? I go down a plus size about every 30 lbs, and when you get into regular clothes, 10 lbs can make a difference. So, this nice over-priced size 2x blazer-- will undoubtably end up too big the next time I need to look fancy-ish. You are lucky you can sew! That would help a lot

Diane I do like your zen-ness about the weight. Trying to emulate it. But we both seem to be lingering in the mid-250s. And I know what you mean about the food-- when the scale moves, it's such a motivator, but when it sits or bounces its easy to let go a little. But hopefully we'll both be moving toward the 240s soon!

Jen Being a slow loser definitely sucks, and the older I get the slower I get! And I had to laugh about the wind and the door open in the middle of the night! Honestly, that happens in my house pretty often. We get a lot of wind and the doors are kind of old and creaky! In the summer, a lot of the time I leave the back door open all night because otherwise it's too hot, but there is something creepy about finding that the wind has blow it open.

So my weight bounced back up .5 this am, so I'm trying to accept that my body just seems to want to sit at 254 for a while. I used to maintain around this weight for a long time back in 2014 and 2015 so I think my body just likes it here. I'm hoping that eventually I'll get another whoosh.
We are going away for the weekend as someone is loaning us a beach cottage. Wouldn't you know it's expected to pour rain all day tomorrow! Not that I should complain, as I'm not dealing with snow! I figure if it rains we'll stay in and play board games and try to enjoy ourselves!

Last edited by ubergirl; 03-09-2018 at 01:48 PM.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 04:49 PM   #349  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

YES! I’m hyper! Now I just need direction from my endo and will get back on the working path. Let me tell you, I got stuck twice the first one she hit my hand and I now sport a huge bruise and she barely got two drips and a drop. Then she went and got the vein finder (weird) and found a good one in my arm. That puncture is ok looking.

Got kid through PT and that went well. It was just a long morning.

So now knowing I’m off I sit and wait. My doctor usually calls before she leaves the office so I hope I will hear from her soon. My weight - was 224 this am so it’s ok. I’m feeling plumpty dumpty (ugh) and I’d really love some chocolate or maybe something ooey gooey. I’m there! Instead I have to have fish and maybe I’ll pair mine with a big salad. I got steak fries but I have to watch how many I have. No I don’t fry them, just bake. Ok it’s either fish, grilled cheese, veggie pizza or Mac/cheese or Alfredo. Or eggs. But none really appeal to me. I loathe lent for the food reason.

So maybe in the next month I will have a shift and the weight will go down further. Here’s hoping and I know I’ll have to get poked lots more often if the weight comes off. Small problems I’m sure.

Happy weekend all! I’ll check in as it keeps me fairly honest.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 07:39 AM   #350  

Uber: what gets me is everything is marked up for plus or tall or both and for what? 2” extra inches? I have to pay a premium on what would otherwise be scrap fabric? Unless of course they cram their pattern pieces that tight when manufacturing which I can’t see totally because of grain or nap or the like or they use such a narrow width of fabric. It’s just nonsense.

You know I talked to my tax lady and she said it’s not uncommon for people just to haul in a grocery bag or box that they’ve thrown everything into and let them sort. I tend to sort all of ours before we go and separate by form numbers. Of course now that we don’t have self employ it’s back to being pretty straightforward but I understand all of the other stuff: utilities, room size, mileage and all the other hoops and craziness. Good luck!when do you leave for France?

Diane: yep I thought about ugly clothing long enough and my sewing my own pieces helps fill the need of something fitted or make a bit more stylish - but I know there are many an ugly piece of clothing out there - but I guess w weight loss we can look forward to a trimmer silhouette and better choices.

Jen: how are you feeling today? Are your kids remaining healthy?

Hello all!

AM: for those of you who have lost your weight and maintaining (especially those who have had the belly apron) does that apron go away or will you always have an apron? Mine has been the most visible point of puddling with the loss I’ve had thus far - think mudslide and how it looks on the road - yep mines all at the belly and just is there - smaller and getting a little more shape on the sides - but there and causing me issues with periodic fungal issue on the fold line due to skin on skin. I’d just like to know if this will work itself away as the scale goes down or will I always have this lovely feature. I don’t know if it’s just weight or if it’s from having kids as well. It drives me bonkers.

Otherwise I have yet to check my medical email and see if I have heard back. I want to get going on that front as soon as I can. And I’d really hope that I can leave the 200s this year. Pipe dream and all!

Today and this weekend will be what it’ll be - I will try to reign it all in and do well. Will see if that works.

Happy weekend all!
Old 03-10-2018, 12:44 PM   #351  

Lemon: I'm feeling so much better and back to a normal calorie range. My kids were sick before me so I am assuming it came from them. It did hit me the worst. But I am back! Tummy aprons. The first time I lost weight was after my son and I was young like 20. I went from 190 to 128. This was way too skinny for my frame I had 8 percent body fat and had no apron. I was in a car accident at 25 and sky rocketed to 210 and lost to 150 and no apron. I had my second at 29 back to 210 lost 15 pounds had that apron. Took in two step kids and life was crazy. Got preggo again went to 210 and my husband was deployed this was very stressful. Hubby came back when the baby was 4 months. I was breastfeeding and on low dose birth control and got preggo again! Went to 230. Lots of yo yo and still an apron. Got sick with fibro and autoimmune and really went to highest ever of 276. I still have that apron and am wondering the same as you. It will be interesting to see when I lose all my weight. I will have lost 120 at goal and everything I had read said I will most likely have extra akin. I just hope it doesn't hang and bug me ��
Old 03-11-2018, 02:18 PM   #352  
Diane

Quick check in for me. Just wanted to say hi. I had a bad food Friday... really bad. So, yesterday I kept calories at an absolute minimum. Going for a hike today and trying to keep in check. NO idea what the weigh in will be tomorrow. It will be a surprise, I guess. But I need to get back in the groove, so that's my mission for today!
Old 03-11-2018, 07:35 PM   #353  

No w/i as TOM finally found me like 2 1/2 months later so a/that I am not weighing!

And that darn thing is way off so is it peri or is it just off big time due to meds being off (yes that can affect it!). So here i sit. Getting fat. I’m eating all the things I haven’t been - peanut butter mms, soda, peanut butter, ice cream, grapes. And no, that’s today! Maybe by tomorrow I’ll get back on task. For right now I’m horrid with what I’m eating. Ok maybe the grapes are an ok thing.

Diane: good for you on the hike! Food, well sounds like we are in the same boat. AND you didn’t mention - how is the gray color? I hope it turned out just lovely.

Jen: oh that apron has been hanging around since my first delivery but it wasn’t so pronounced and since all I can do is miscarry and not bring another into this world easily, it got bigger after my last one. Right now it looks like a melted pile just hanging there, granted a bit smaller but still yelling hello at me. Ugh. We can commiserate.

Happy night all tomorrow is Monday and it begins again.
Old 03-12-2018, 07:10 AM   #354  

No w/i

No way. I don’t need to be further grumbly due to the arrival. I know I’m puffy and round right now. I will see about getting my walk in. I do need to do that but I’ve also got a ton to do around the house. The kid and I have been working on the big presentation and so my dining table is full of our supplies. I should probably clean that up as well as the rest of my house. Always it looks like a tornado came through come Monday morn.

And the time change - let’s just say it’s a love hate type thing. I like it lighter later but I also like it lighter at 6am. And I don’t like loosing an hour of sleep. Maybe it makes me gain weight.

Did any of you see an article that if you take a hot bath you’ll loose as many calories as you would walking for 30mins? Really?! I see lots of baths in my future hah! The temp has to be around 104F/or 40C. I mean that’s great and all, but I’d think you’d loose quicker in a cold bath with shivering. I know I always feel that way going outside in winter.

So I will try as I can today and find maybe a few things I can do to right this ship and just keep the day going.

Enjoy your Monday!
Old 03-12-2018, 08:20 AM   #355  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey Guys, so I know i have many disappearing acts but I do check in and make notes of individual responses and then I get side tracked and don't write them on here, so imagine my shock when I come on here days later to check in and find that wait my extensive replies aren't on here. I'm over it. I'll just reply when I can and just check in when I can't. It's hard to do that because you guys are my weight loss family and so I have ALL the things I want to say in response to your posts and all the encouragement or support or hugs or lols I want to share. Oh well. Let's see if I can get this out without notes today. Sigh.

2 hours later,

lemon: I'm glad your doctor is beginning to figure out what's up with you maybe. Not knowing is no fun! How went bra shopping? Did you do it yet? Yes please let's slay and get back some diet mojo. Drag me along, Slay Queen, and let me be your trusty sidekick- I need dragging along now. I LOL'd soooo hard at your description of plus size clothing. I won't lie though, I miss it a teeny bit. I actually liked Torrid and Lane Bryant and Evans and Macy's "Women" sizes. Maybe not so much Catherine's or the plus size catalogues- those were Preacher's grandma mumu-land. Cry me a bit of a river, but I find shopping a little overwhelming these days and I feel like EVERYTHING is too backless or frontless or transparent or cropped or ripped or short or too bodycon or too basic and boring. Like I find things here and there, but I guess I got used to being imprisoned by having only 2 or 3 stores that kind of had somewhat cool clothes and now when you're in a certain size, shops seem to think you're either in a conservative cult or you're in t-shirts and jeans or you're wanting to bare everything and you have to REALLY hunt down the in-betweens. And yes I get that this hardly sounds like a problem, but it is, to me. I think clothes, if you can't do some tailoring on them and you're not a supermodel or a perfectly toned hourglass, always have the potential to do you dirty. Re: Tall sizes, I have the worst luck. I'm too tall for Average lengths swinging about my ankles, but Tall/Long lengths are sweeping the floor. I had a belly, but it wasn't quite a full apron and at my lowest weight of 152, it was a little flabby (mostly loose skin though) mini pooch when I stood that was not at all noticeable if I lay on my back.

Lillion: I hope your trip went well and was fun and relaxing and that you come back rejuvenated, pumped and ready to rock out everything.

uber: Yay the scale cooperating and going downwards and yay, the extra long walk today! Did you find a nice top you liked to wear with the slacks for your presentation?

Diane: By now you've had your hair appointment. Fingers crossed, you love it! You're totally right about how getting a good workout in sometimes is more likely to lead to more considered food decisions. I went running this morning, and it's definitely given me second thoughts about not eating ALL the things like I'd be tempted to otherwise. I hope your Monday weigh in went well. I had a pretty horrible food weekend so I can relate, but I'm back on track now.

Okay so check in. This weekend was wack. I spent it uncomfortably full- so why did I keep eating though???? #Facepalm I'm back on track today though, I went to bed late but I still woke up early, went for a run (which went well- must be the energy from all those calories floating about in my system #SideEyeAtSelf And then I've been eating sensibly and have sensible dinner plans that don't include the Mother's Day cake for my mom from yesterday. Yes, yesterday was Mother's Day here. We also celebrate the May one that you have in America too, though. I tell my mom the March one is for the actual mothering (it's actually called Mothering Sunday) and then the May one is her "the Hardships of Birth" day. Anyway, there was cake. And I may or may not have eaten at least a quarter to half of it, so much so that I was given a considerable amount as leftovers. But no cake for me today. Nope. I'll come be accountable tomorrow, but I'm determined. Have a great day guys!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 08:34 AM   #356  

Lemon: ugg TOM I'm sorry you are feeling all puffy! Mine is scheduled for next week and I am definitely NOT looking forward to it! I can definitely commiserate on the apron and I hate looking at myself naked now adays it's like hi! It has shrunk but definitely still has some fat to go. I hope it does go away but after four kids I'm thinking it's here to stay.

Diane: Sorry your eating took a turn but hey you reigned it in and that is the most important part of it all! I really struggle when I have a meal that includes sugar or high carb. I am trying to keep it once a month now because last time it was really hard to get back with it. Why does food have to be so difficult for us????

Uber: Sorry to hear your weight is fluctuating. Hoping for good news today. I'm ready for my weigh in on Saturday not sure what it will say but it's been awhile. I'm not sure I can do this twice a month that thing lol I think once a week might be where I need to be but it has taking stress off but it SO long!!! Hope all is well for you.

Well this weekend was great food wise I just did nothing. My outer ankle and right shoulder have been causing me some problems. I hate when I have all these goals for the weekend and nothing productive happens!!!!!

Happy Monday all!!!!
Old 03-12-2018, 01:28 PM   #357  
Diane

Quick post, and then my plan is to come back and write more. But, we have a lot of people out for spring break, so it is busy here at work. Just wanted to say that I weighed in at 253, so no change from last Monday, but after going up during last week, I was pretty happy with it.

Hopefully I'll be back later. If not, talk to you all tomorrow! Oh, and I love my hair!! I'll try to get a picture to attach.
Old 03-12-2018, 02:12 PM   #358  

Diane: yeah for good hair! Can’t wait to see your new look.

Jen: I have yet to log in and see if my doctor emailed back. She tends to be swamped w patients - but she’s good and thorough with it all usually. Yeah for feeling better and trying to get back on track. Oh my belly - when I lay down I usually can grab and move - how is that sexy?! Alas, I try not to focus too much on it’s just been of late the skin on skin issue and then the problems that result. So I’m hopeful that it will go away. I’d be happy!

Toasted: welcome back - oh this whole feb and mar was just ridiculous. The good news I haven’t quite hit the decade from hades (230) but I never did get out of the 220s but when you throw multiple colds and infections and winter in their - I guess I could be lots worse. So let’s go - well both try to turn these ships around and get the weight off. In regards to clothes - sounds like you need to find someone to teach you to sew! I like the part of my creations being unique and in a color/style that works for me. The RTW drives me bonkers and so I find my skill and asset but at the same time it’s learnibg to fit my changing body because things in the past might not be right for now so I have to relearn and go from there.

Am: the day is super sunny, I got the checkbook quasi balanced I’d - it’s tallied, matches nothing and all receipts shredded. No I don’t balance online but once a month checking to make sure what I think I have and what the bank says we have somewhat mesh. Seems I forgot to write one large check in but it’s ok - but the money was there.

I hate when I’m moving too fast and my brain doesn’t catch up.

Weight loss today - the only thing I’m trying to do is be ok w my eating and getting my water. It’s too much to micromanage during this time. With my meds wonky I’m not going to - no thanks!

Alright ladies - hope your afternoons go well! I’m off to get some more projects done and feel something good for maybe getting two things off my list.

Last edited by lemonthyme; 03-12-2018 at 02:14 PM.
Old 03-12-2018, 03:08 PM   #359  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Hey everybody! So weird, I wrote a long message last night and thought I posted it but now I don't see it here. My internet was a bit flaky and it must have dropped just as I was posting. Oh well.

Diane So glad to see that your %^&^%&% bounce is gone! And I can't wait to see your hair pictures! Weird how an up day on calories sometimes inspires the body to let go of weight instead of the other way around. Hope your busy day wasn't too overwhelming.

Lemon Being okay with your eating and getting in your water is a good goal! I'm sure you'll feel so much better when your levels level off! In the meantime, good for you for getting that checkbook balanced. Put that in the win column.

Jen Glad to hear that you had a good food weekend, but I'm sorry about your shoulder and ankle. Is that related to the fibro? I do really admire your restraint in not hopping on the scale every minute. I know I shouldn't but I just haven't been able to break the habit. When it goes down, it's a great start to my day, but when it goes up I get all irrational!

Toasted I love that you celebrate Mother's Day twice! And hoo-boy-- CAKE! Especially the full on birthday cake with frosting... that is truly the one food around which I have absolutely NO RESTRAINT. One of my earliest memories is being at a birthday party and hoping that I'd get the corner square with all the extra frosting, LOL! But now that you've eaten some, I'm sure you can manage not to eat more! And let's be frank, some cake on a holiday never hurt anyone.

Well, I had a bit of a crazy weekend. I had an author event that was about 1.5 hours away. The hostess generously offered me the use of her beach house for the weekend, so I decided to bring along my blind mom and my son. I knew the weather forecast was rain but I figured that it would still be pretty just looking out at the waves. First thing that happens is just before leaving I realize I have a nail in my tire. So I swap out my car for my daughter's car. Start driving. Car seems funky. Check engine light flashing on and off. Make it down there without incident only to find out that the "beach house" while relatively near the beach, is not actually on the beach. No view. Nada. And it's raining. And then I discover that the garment bag where I had brought my shiny new outfit was still at home. So I decide I need to drive home to get my outfit as I have nothing else suitable to wear. Drive home-- at night-- and now the check engine light is solidly on and I'm not sure the car will make it home, but I do, but I have to use my other daughter's car to drive back-- which had an expired registration because we moved it from out of state and I never got around to completing the process. All the while, I've got a bad cold, and on the day of the event, I decide that the outfit I bought it too summery because it's cold and raining and so I wear something else. What a comedy of errors! The only thing that made me feel better is that one of the 3 authors actually forgot to show up at all-- which is even worse than something I would do. :-) So, running around, sick, car trouble, and 3 restaurant meals, but I woke up this morning to 251 which means I lost the entire 4 lb bounce and 2 more to boot, so I'm not going to complain. I've laid off exercise until I start to feel a little better. I'm not at all prone to getting colds. I think this is the first one I've had in about 5 years.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 06:47 PM   #360  
Diane

Ok, made it back here.

Lemon: Sounds like you were able to get some things accomplished today, so that's good! Hope you get your meds figured out and can feel more like you should!

Uber: What a relaxing weekend that was! Not at all! Glad you were able to get back and forth without a major breakdown on the vehicles. Flat tires are a pain, too! I can change one, but it takes me forever. Looks like you had a nice weigh in!! Congrats! It is hard to be patient, isn't it!?

Toasted: I think that if you can come on here and post, great, but if not, don't worry about it. We love to hear from you, but you should not feel guilty if you don't get on here as much as you would like. Glad you were able to go running! I think it definitely helps to exercise when trying to stay on track. I do much better when I'm working out.

Jenni: Glad you had a good weekend with food! That's a victory for sure! I try for those "one step in front of the other" victories!

As for me, I am loving my hair. I'll attach a picture. It does bring a lot of conversation my way from others, which is kind of annoying, but I'm hoping that will fade soon.

I went on a hike yesterday and spin this morning. I'm feeling a little tired and sore, so tomorrow might be a rest day. But, we'll see how it goes. Food has been on plan, so I'm hoping to see some good weigh ins this week. One can hope!!