Old 02-27-2018, 01:29 PM   #286  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Wannabe Thanks for stopping by! This group is the best!

Jen Oh my gosh! So great about wearing more fitted clothes and having people notice the weight loss! That is the best! It's crazy to me how we larger ladies can drop 25-30 even 40 pounds and really not have anyone notice! And then, suddenly, you put on something more fitted and people start going "did you get your hair cut? :-) But you're right-- you can go a long way on stretchy pants and big tops! I live in California and even though it's relatively warm, our houses aren't well insulated and it gets chilly with fog and wind, so in the winter, I always wear black leggings, wool socks, and some big bulky top like a big sweater. I can rock the same size over a span of about 60 lbs, lol. Keep up the good work! You are doing great!

Lil Hooray that you are seeing the sun and it's warm! Boo that you have to be inside. Hope you get out for a bit before it gets cold again! As far as the lifting goes, I'm sure you'll know when you feel "back to normal"!

Lemon I have had that problem of exercising on an empty stomach (or being a bit dehydrated) and getting dizzy. It happened to me once at the gym. I was on the treadmill and I started feeling like I was going to pass out. I thought I was having a heart attack or something. I actually staggered over to the gym person and told him I felt weird. He said "when was the last time you ate?" And, I hadn't eaten much that day. He gave me a glass of juice and voila! Back to normal. I was super-embarrassed. I guess I thought that as a fatty I could exercise without eating-- :-) So make sure you are getting enough food and staying hydrated!

Diane Your weight loss stats look great! You are heading downward at a steady rate! I feel like 6-7 lbs a month is doable-- because it's less than 2 lbs a week, which is just a little faster than it seems to go when you're older. That being said, I love the idea that your hair color is making you younger! I read this study recently where they took two groups of older women who were all housekeepers in a hotel. All of them, when questioned, said they didn't exercise much. So the researchers told one group that their work counted as exercise and the other group they told nothing. At the end of the study, the group who had been told that their work was healthy exercise improved their bloodwork, blood pressure, etc. the other group stayed the same-- even though both groups were doing the same work! So, the idea is that if you believe you are getting healthy it will make you healthier! My point being that if you believe you are losing because you are young, then maybe you will lose more! :-) I mean, it seems crazy, but my mom is 82, legally blind, diabetic, had a heart attack at 62, and broke her hip in October. But if you asked her, she would tell you that she is "really healthy" and you know what? She's amazing. She gets around like she's not blind, she's already recovered from the broken hip, giving up not just the walker but also the cane and she gets around normally now, up and down stairs, etc. Her goal is to run a 5K next year. She ran one last year. So, maybe there is some truth to it. I'm going to try believing that I'm thin and see if it works. :-)

Laurie and Toasted Have got both of you guys on my mind!

As for me, forgot to weigh in this morning, which maybe is a good step as I'm trying to cut the daily weighing habit. Not much going on, but being busy has made me skip my afternoon walk a few times. I really should switch to the morning because then I won't have things cut into the time, but I really like to walk around sunset, so I'm going to have to get my butt in gear!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 06:57 PM   #287  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Height: 5'6

Lemon: Yay on the whoosh!!!! See I told you that you would get a big loss! That always make it seem so much better and you are on the downhill of the 220s! Those pictures were beautiful. I love nature scenery and outside stuff that is amazing to look at and see!

Lil: I feel you on parking. I work downtown and the parking is sparse and expensive!!!!! There is NO good solution to it!

Wannabehealthy: Thanks for the shout out. This group is amazing and gives tons of support. Feel free to keep coming back!

Diane: Thank you for the compliments. I am so excited to reach 55-60 pounds lost because that will be my halfway point! I agree with uber on the 6-7 pounds. Steady is good, although we all want to lose more and more. It is also great when people start to notice. I hope you get some good workouts in!

Uber: You are so right on the leggings and big shirts...haha they go a long way. Clothes are so expensive and I don't want to spend money until I have too! What part of California are you in? I have family all over and my husbands family is in LA. My best friend lives in Whittier and my grandparents live in Santa Clarita. Then I have an aunt in Sacramento. Great job at forgetting to weight in I have my monthly weigh in Thursday then I am going to try so hard not to weigh until mid-March (I hope I can I hope I can)!!!!

I had a meeting two hours away so its been a long day. I have another one on Thursday too. I am hoping traffic is good to me on Thursday because my 7 yo has her first program at school that I want to get back too! My 19 yo sons bday is also that day.

Question: Anyone been to Hawaii recently????? I haven't been in about 5 years. I am wondering if you have tips on airfare and if anyone has done air bnb there or the best way to stay somewhere that has a kitchen.

Have a great day ladies!
jenjenangel027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 11:27 PM   #288  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Jen: Never been to Hawaii but traveling to a place w a kitchen - see if you can source out before hand a grocery store NOT geared to tourists. Sometimes you might have to go a few blocks more but you’ll save a ton. Also kind of go w a plan for meals otherwise you end up buying too much for what ifs! I did that when we had an ocean house stay. It seems like micromanaging, but it will keep you sane and not feel like you are leaving a ton behind.

Glad you liked the photos! I enjoy sharing what we can see daily. Except right now - dirty snow is never where it’s at.

Ok more tomorrow I should be sleeping. I don’t feel good and my youngest stayed up waiting to have a snuggle. Alas I hear snores so I best join in.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 09:03 AM   #289  

No w/i

I’m taking a break from walking today to let the bum settle down without aggravating horribly. I’ll keep the IF going. My hours are a tad wonky of late. I try to go until 11 and then 8 hours later stop. But some days I’m hungrier at hour 15. And I’m notorious for not thinking my numbers through consistently. So my best intentions are to watch my calories and keep the IF going today.

My goodness they just flashed the rain we’ve had as a country the last week - one could say it reads as spring esp down south! Time to clean off the world.

Wanna: welcome hop in it you’d like - this is a good group!

Uber: yep I ate a piece of string cheese and a bit of water and I did better. I think sometimes our body knows when to scream enough. That’s the first time I had that issue in a long time. I can’t say I have worn leggings except on weekends but mine are the stretchy Lycra athleisure ones. I tend to hide my days in the old black yoga pants. Since I’m home all day they allow me to switch easily in what I’m doing if I’m playing w the kids or cleaning or sitting on the floor. Of course for me if I wear these too often I then get a bit loose with my calories so ofnlate I’ve been wearing the jeans as they can tattle on me as the day goes along. Have you begun shopping for France?

Jen: Hawaii sounds lovely! I have never been. I worked with people that went and they said because it’s far from the mainland everything is more expensive. But they also said they’d love to stay and just enjoy exploring. Do you plan to go into the mountainous/more “jungle” forests or are you more a beach and surf gal? When will you embark?

Laurie: how are you doing? What type of time do they leave for your son to adjust to his meds? Are some of them quick or ones you have to wait a few weeks?

Diane: I’m taking your lead and giving the body a rest today. I’m afraid if I keep going hard let with the walk that ache will become large and I don’t need that! What do you plan to do for spring? Any travels in your world?

Lil: hah - up by us they chalk tires on the busier street parking. If they had the free time to do all that policeing - I think there are better uses of their time rather then being a parking vulture! I forgot to ask - do you have to take your own tent for war or do they set them all up as a tent hotel?

Toasted: you vanished again! I hope all the weight has become a downward slide for you.

Hello all! Sorry if I forgot anyone. I didn’t mean to!

Ok I’m off to go get the day going. I just read an article on ugly fruit and veg - sadly it’s all the unique items available that foodies clamor for. I get they were trying to write on - that food producers have to sell the perfect sized, color non blemished items and the rest becomes waste or available for being cooked down for other products. However what they used to illustrate was geared to foodies or those that find beauty in the unique heirloom breeds of natural items. Lovely photos. Makes me want my garden underway now and not later. Alas - the day goes on and I need to keep moving.

Enjoy your day!
Old 02-28-2018, 10:02 AM   #290  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonthyme View Post
Of course for me if I wear these too often I then get a bit loose with my calories so ofnlate I’ve been wearing the jeans as they can tattle on me as the day goes along.
I, too, find than jeans tend to keep you in line. A few weeks in comfy stretchy pants can find you unable to zip your jeans the next time you try to wear them.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 12:30 PM   #291  

I looked in my mirror today and my NSV is that the spare tire under my boobage is about gone so more separation between the boob and belly area. It’s not much but it’s something!
Old 02-28-2018, 12:30 PM   #292  

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

You guys are really the best! And I have felt the “avoid 3FC” pull lately, so I know it’s critical for me to immerse myself into the support.
Uber – I find that I like to walk several times a day. Doing a full work-out in the morning can be really tough for me, but stepping outside for 5-10 minutes is usually doable several times a day. Then, you can still get your sunset walks in (which sound INCREDIBLE), but if you don’t get it in, you still have accumulated steps. Just a thought. I totally get the frustration of losing/regaining/losing the same pounds over and over again, but you are SSOOO close to getting below that threshold. I’m excited to see your progress! And you’re right. Doing small things and trying to avoid getting overwhelmed is probably the key right now. Ugh on the stress.

Jen – Yay on the progress, and woot for people noticing it! And I TOTALLY get where you’re coming from on the time pressures. I always think that I can get something “accomplished” and then not have to worry about it anymore. But it’s just not true. Weight control requires time virtually every single day. Working and being a parent are not things we get to take time off from doing. And, at least in my hypercritical mind, I “didn’t get anything done today” if I only do the baseline, gotta-get-it-done stuff. But the kinder me recognizes that just getting the baseline done means I accomplished a helluva lot. Thank you for your kind words to me. It is so helpful to recognize that crises are acute. Things will let up, or I will get better at dealing with them. Either way, I am not doomed to a life of chaos. It is really good to be reminded of that.

LemonThyme – You are such a fun bundle of energy! And your advice is on point. I have a really hard time prioritizing my relaxation needs. I just always want to be everything to everyone, and I not only can’t do it, but it’s not necessarily good to do it. The meds are tough. He’s 22 and doesn’t live with me, so I don’t know if he’s taking them as prescribed, and he is reluctant to be honest with his psychiatrist out of fear of getting committed again. But they are supposed to “build up to a therapeutic dose.” I think he’s more stable right now, but I also think his life has been overturned so thoroughly, he is struggling with depression as well. Hope you got the dizziness thing figured out and are finding ways to integrate steps in your life without having to do a ton more “intentional” exercise.

Carol – It’s great that you stopped by! I occasionally see your posts, but I, too, tend to keep to my own corner of 3FC. And your advice is particularly on-point for me right now, as I am reaching the upper limits of clothing size. Time to get back on it.

Lilion – I am looking for a support group, actually. I will PM you to get more information on yours. Thank you for the offer. And you know what? A month of dealing with the post-surgery chaos and trying to get caught back up makes sense. And March is so much easier to be outside and get steps in! Spring is such a lovely season. Thank you for your kind, and wise, words. I am bad at one day at a time, but sometimes, it’s the only way I can get through without feeling completely overwhelmed.

Diane – 6.4 pounds down in February?!?!? How great is that? 14.6 for the first months of the year?!?!? You are ROCKING 2018. Patience is a struggle for all of us, but progress really helps that (at least for me), and you’ve certainly made a ton o’ progress. And thank you for the reminder of the support I get here. So much truth.

I weighed in this morning. I am at 166.8. I haven’t been above 160 in 18 months. So I know I actually do have to get really and truly serious about this. The one thing that I am doing that I think is helpful is integrating exercise into my efforts to be supportive to the people in my life. I have a standing Monday work-out with my son’s ex-GF, and it’s week 2 of Wednesday afternoon work-outs with my 17yo. Maybe the spring weather will help convince my husband that we can do some walks instead of spending all of our “together time” in front of the TV? I know that a lot of it is water weight, but in some ways, that makes it harder to be patient. So, I’m going to avoid the scale for the next week, try to be kind to myself in my clothing choices, and just make some good food choices to support my desire to feel good and feel good about myself.

Goals –
1 – Run a 5K today at the gym. Make an attempt to do it in 30 minutes.
2 – Get 15K steps in today.
3 – Avoid foods I don’t need.

Baby steps, baby. I am also thinking about signing up for another half-marathon. I am going to talk to the hubby and see how resistant he is to it.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 01:13 PM   #293  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Jen I live in the LA area near the coast. I grew up here when it was a lot less crowded and moved back 5 years ago to help out with aging parents. Believe it or not, I've never been to Hawaii!! But it's on my bucket list! I did my first airbnb recently while visiting Maine and I loved it! So nice not to have to deal with restaurant food all the time! Looking at airbnbs in France right now!

Laurie You're right about taking the short walk in the morning. In fact, my therapist totally told me to do that as a way of kickstarting my day, and yet, I have a very slothful morning routine (one of the advantages of working for myself). I take my kid to school then come back and sort of lollygag my way into working. But I'm going to take your advice and get out for a very short walk. I KNOW I should be doing it. As for the whole "trying to be there for everyone all the time and feeling like I don't accomplish anything even though I do"... boy can I relate! I really really struggle with that too, and it has been a big problem for me for the last several years that I'm just starting to come out of. It's really a struggle-- especially dealing with kids in the young adult range who are experiencing problems, because you feel responsible, but can't control what they do. I've been slowly slowly learning to let go, but it is absolutely my biggest problem, so ((((hugs))) because I can relate.

Carol So true about the jeans! I find that when I start to lose, wearing fitted clothes definitely makes me recognize the weight lost, but when I wear the big, stretchy clothes, it's just soooo comfortable. :-)

Lemon I would absolutely not consider myself a "foodie" but I do love me some nice ugly fruits and vegetables from the garden-- especially those lumpy delicious tomatoes! I think the garden is the best thing about summer!

Diane Hope you're having a great day! Did you make your spin workout this morning?

Lil When is your festival? Are you almost ready?

As for me. I skipped yesterday's weigh in, then hopped on the scale feeling confident only to find that I was up a pound to 258. I know it's water weight, but it still made me feel :-(. So I'm still trying to talk myself into weekly weigh ins. I guess I'm just going to have to accept that it's going to be stall, stall, stall then whoosh, then stall again. In the end, it all comes off, but the patience is the hard part!

Last edited by ubergirl; 02-28-2018 at 01:14 PM.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 01:28 PM   #294  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Uber: I think there is a lot of truth to that, with how the mind works. Positive thinking can help! You mention your mom and how healthy she continues to be. My parents are like that too. they are soon to be 80, but you wouldn't guess it. They are truly inspirational to me to be better and stay healthy! Oh, and isn't it awful when being busy gets in the way of walking/workouts!? Hope you get your walk in!

Jenni: Sounds like you are really busy now, too. It makes it hard to make it to all of your kid activities! Also sounds like you are getting serious about scheduling that Hawaii vacation! That would be fun!

Lemon: Congrats on the better looking you that you see in the mirror! Nice NSV! I'm with you on craving the fruits and veggies of summer. So ready for some freshness! I'm not much on travelling, really. I like shorter trips around Colorado, especially in the summer. Part of it is that we have animals that need to be take care of, but also I just don't love going to cities. If I were to go anywhere, I would want to go somewhere secluded. Kind of a homebody, too.

Laurie: So good to see you making new goals. You'll get that extra weight off in no time. I think planning to run a half-marathon would be a great goal. Gives you a good reason to keep up with running and that always helps with getting weight back to where you want it to be!!

As for me, I'm up a little bit on weight. I kind of thought that might happen. It seems to be my Wednesday trend. I think that with doing Body Pump last night after work, I'm holding on to a little extra water. My ring was a little more snug than normal this morning. I went to spin this morning and it was one of my favorite tracks. It included the song that I have quoted in my signature and that always help me step it up. Quite the workout, that's for sure!

Doing well with food. But today is my anniversary. We'll go out to dinner either tonight or this weekend. This is the one time that I'm not careful about what I order. We've been married 31 years, so I am not going to worry about calories during that meal!! I think we might wait until the weekend. I hope so, anyway!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 01:29 PM   #295  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Uber: I missed your post! Hang in there. I know how you feel, even with knowing it will go back down, it still is frustrating to see the increase.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 02:23 PM   #296  

Hey all!

Wannabehealthy! Welcome! The more the merrier...unless you're talking about pounds.

Yep, parking vultures here too. City tickets are $10 a pop - and they'll give them every little bit - and each one gets a $10 increase if you don't pay it on time. AND you can't move your car just to the other side of the street...you have a max of 1 1/2 hour per day per block! (We play tag all the time.)

Lemon, we have our own tent. It's a 13' x 18' medieval pavilion...like the ones I posted the photo of before. We bought it when we still had our son camping with us and now it's WAY too big for two so we've actually got it sold but the buyer doesn't want to get it until after Gulf so we get to keep it until then. This will be our last year in the big tent. Got to admit, it's comfy...almost cabin-sized. We're going to buy one smaller though, that we can take to weekend events. This one's just too much for that.

I have to go to a meeting today for a position I got drafted into by some mystery person over my boss's boss's head. So I'm dressed well and I'm not happy with how tight everything feels! But I look professional. Time to go move my car - into my boss's boss's spot! He's leaving for the day.

Don't know if I'll be back later. So HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 02:39 PM   #297  

So…I wrote the above post at 9 a.m. and just hit send at 1:23…duh. Didn’t stop to think that other people had probably posted…and that I had time now to do more.

Lemon: I love the disappearing belly/boob separation NSV. I’d just be happy to have more boob than belly.

Laurie: I think your exercise/together time is a great idea, not to mention very good for stress management. Endorphins are your friend. I don’t actually post on my other group much anymore, as my life has settled quite a lot since son moved away…but it’s always there for me if I need a boost in that area. Totally anonymous too, if that is important to you, and very well-moderated. No trolling or nastiness allowed. I can't say I've always liked some of the advice I was given...but I can say it was always given with the best intentions.

Uber: We leave March 10 for our event. Not like a renaissance festival, more like living history…with activities and classes and such. Nope. Not ready. LOL I’m taking Friday off work to get some more accomplished, and just because I can. I’m sorry for your disappointing WI, but it was only one. You’ll get ‘em next time. Daily WI make me crazy. Yes, I do them too…knowing they make me crazy.

Diane, you’ve done so well with food and weight I’m pretty sure you can take the day off for your anniversary without worry. LOL HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! 31 years is a number to shoot for!

And I know I’m still missing people…Jenni, Toasted, but I tried. Now I really have to get to work since my stupid meeting ran long.

Last edited by Lilion; 02-28-2018 at 02:42 PM.
Old 02-28-2018, 03:11 PM   #298  

One way to keep dieting: I went into the pantry and discovered my youngest stuck multiple mr. Yuk stickers on all sorts of food stuffs within their reach. Good grief but maybe it will be a subliminal to say STOP EATING!
Old 03-01-2018, 07:59 AM   #299  

Dear God the 220s are like my 30s and if I am Still talking about them a year from now I’m going to scream. Ok I’m done grumbling!

Lil: that’s huge! I remember what the inside looked like but I guess I wasn’t equating with overall size. Do you have to rent a plot of land as part of the war? You’ll have to let me know how bead making goes. Lampwork has been intriguing to me.

Uber: so what are you able to add to your diet again? The evening walk sounds nice - it’s been lighter longer which is nice but that darn daylight saving time will be here soon. It sounds good that your mom is still doing well. Mine describes herself as healthy too but deals w/ a life long defect gracefully daily. She too embraces keeping sharp and on task daily. Those old gals live long!

Diane: you sound like my MIL with the animals and wanting to stay home because of it. Nothing wrong with that! We are homebodies too but the travel every so often is nice to do. But I tell you, I’m always glad to get back to my own bed!

Laurie: well I hope his world rights itself and he is able to take his meds easily. I know that in itself can become a huge fight - heck even with people who are just taking an antibiotic - they feel better and just stop. I’m on a maintenance one and there are days I forget to take it but I know it will be an issue in time. I hope he notices the changes for the better and life goes easier for him. And you - take a bit of time for yourself. It’s hard work being a mom at any age of kid. Heck my mom still worries about us and we’re all in our 40s.

Jen: what are you finding is helping you move pounds? I’m stalled AGAIN and I don’t know where to adjust. The IF works but I’m struggling with calories I hate micromanaging and that seems to be one area I need to focus but I also don’t know if 1270 is too low right now for me.

Toasted: I’ll give you a shout out in hopes you return - your bubbly comments are missed.

Carol: what’s up?

Who am I missing? I’m on my phone and I’m lazy! HELLO ALL

Am: ok so here’s the skinny, though I feel lighter, look a bit trimmer and all the scale is just hanging in the 220s. I don’t know if my walking is keeping it up or my lack of being super great in counting calories. Maybe today I will sit here and calculate the whole day out. I get frustrated when I stay in the same set of numbers and then I say how I was flirting with 219. I should just shut up!

I was laying in bed this am and we have had a few days of warmer temps. And while lying there I heard the coo of a mourning dove. Yeah SPRING. And yesterday I saw the brightest red on a bird but couldn’t discern if it was a cardinal or a robin as all I could see was front on and it was in a scrubby hairy tree my neighbor should maintain but havent the faintest idea as to how (we aren’t on talking terms generally otherwise I’d offer to show them - first time owners and all). So it’s nice to see small signs of spring popping up.

I take one child to pt today in hopes it will help fire that brain to work the appendages well. I think it’s always something to keep your kids on task and level with their peers. No reason given why said child is having these issues and then you worry it was something you did while they were in utero. Alas if we let the what ifs take over our worries you end up with a bigger mess. So I’ll just say that’s their quirk and we’re working with it. But I wish it were easier and not as time consuming.

So I’ll have to figure something out maybe it will all come together for me when I’m walking. I don’t want to walk as I have a zillion other things in my mind to do but I NEED TO. So once the bus grabs the kids I’ll go walk. I think it’s anothe rhianna day. I usually use 50s music (yes I’m a keen fan of 80s - hello high school) but the pep is there a bit more with the 50s and when you don’t want to walk we use artificial means of pep.

Ok I best get the shoes on and ready to go. 3 mins the driver should be here. He’s pretty punctual. Hey - do any of you (or did) have a child’s classmates mother you can’t stand? I’m just saying - every time I see her I just want to yell you are fake lady. But maybe thats because her kids treat my kids that way too a good friend until they get what they want and then they dump my child because someone is “better” to climb to. Whatevs. Drives me nuts. Super friendly and then gossips as soon as you leave. I sometimes HATE small towns who are so interrelated. Good lord - that mentality can go.

Shoes on - I’m a multi tasker. Happy day all! I’m off to slay the day and see what I can as I’d sure like to see the 221 again and then those d@mn teens and JUST GET ON WITH IT. well I’ll try get again.

Good day!

Update: walk done 48 mins nothing great I’m sure and I’m sure the scale will reward me tomorrow with another static number. I think today after PT the kiddo and I will run to the grocery and get some basics but get fresh produce w spring emerging so does my need for fresh veg. I’m looking for good things to gnosh on that doesn’t load me up calories as much. Has anyone tried dragon fruit? It looks quirky but I have issues w kiwi, mango, star fruit etc being mild allergic reactions. Will this do it too? Off to make my grocerying list.

Last edited by lemonthyme; 03-01-2018 at 09:40 AM.
Old 03-01-2018, 10:24 AM   #300  

Yep…UP six pounds since February 1. More than expected. Not more than deserved, given the bad habits I’ve slipped back into. Goodness knows how many times I’ve had pizza in the last 28 days…and cookies…and candy…and ice cream. I know how many salads – maybe 2. Yep. It’s been a BAD February.

Time for that crap to stop.

Back to logging, logging, logging. I’ve had quite the hiatus of keeping track and trying to stay within my calorie limit. Time to start the noon walks again, weather permitting. Heck, weather not permitting there’s still the Capitol…if I can get thru the construction.

BUT, only 10 days until VACATION – then 10 days of diet weirdness – then back on track. But really, there’s enough walking about and no snacking to speak of and for food you either go to a food tent or you cook it yourself, so the war food shouldn’t be sooo bad.

Lemon – I’ve seen tons of Robins here. Cardinals and Doves stay year round, so they don’t really count as spring, but Robins do! My yellow crocus are up in my yard. The white and purple have a bit before they come up. Spring is definitely on its way. Re: How they do the war and the land – no idea. I’m sure there are expenses, we pay a fee to go. So I’m sure the campground it’s held in (BIG campground) charges, but I’ve never been in on that part of it. Sorry to hear you have a kiddo that needs PT – but it sounds like Mom is on top of things and I’m sure he’ll be fine!

Walking music – Lemon says she likes 50’s, I do too!!! I have a Pandora station I based on “Rockin’ Robin” and I love walking to those peppy “Happy Days” era songs. For a change of pace when walking I also listen to a lot of Island music – Jimmy Buffet, etc. I’m an old Parrothead. If I could meet any celeb – I think Jimmy Buffet be FUN! That and I love Reggae. No one would ever guess this 54 year old, fat, mid-western white lady is a closet reggae fan. My son once said (when I cranked the car stereo to Bob Marley) “The only people I know who like this music are stoners and my MOM!”

Different strokes.

Today is my Friday! I’m so caught up at work I could leave on vacation today, not come back until the 21st, and not be behind. So, when all my hearings got continued for various reasons, I decided to take a mental health day – and do lots of sewing, food shopping and buy a baby-shower gift - day. Maybe not so much mental health, huh? But I’m excited for it!

A big to all my 3fc ladies! I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Last edited by Lilion; 03-01-2018 at 10:28 AM.