Old 02-15-2018, 05:45 PM   #226  

Height: 5'5"

Hello hello!

Lilion - Ugh. It's gotta be frustrating to do the work of an ALJ, but not get the benefits associated with it. Especially with child support questions, which can be super fact-intense and emotional. But you're doing God's work, if that makes you feel better. =) Your medieval event sounds fantastic, but I would be super frustrated by a 5-pound weight restriction. Glad you're healing, though, and that you're able to work. I know that a lot of my files weigh way more than five pounds, though!

Jenni - I am totally with Lilion here. Three bites of cheesecake would be an incredible accomplishment for me! But I do the same thing that you describe. Once I take the first bite of sugar, it's like the "seal breaking," and I am all about eating all of the sugar all the time. In fact, I am planning to do a similar "detox." I am going to try to do fourteen days where I will eat only plant-based whole foods with the exception of seasoning (which may have some preservatives in them), shrimp, and eggs. It is SO much easier to stay on plan than to get back on plan, generally. And congrats on the Garmin! I can be both motivated by and resentful of my Fitbit, but I know I definitely walk a lot more than I did before. E ven simple things like pacing when I talk on the phone push the step count up. Can't wait to hear about your progress.

Diane - Check you out! On-plan eating. Hitting the gym hard. AND getting the elusive scale rewards from doing it, even if they are intermittent. I, too, frequently experience the post-lifting scale bump. In fact, sometimes when I'm getting back to the gym after a hiatus, I'll stop weighing for a bit until I can handle the scale-bouncing a bit better. Excited to see you doing so well!

LemonThyme – We did stay right off the ocean! It was pretty incredible, actually. Sorry to hear that you are still fighting off the crud, and feeling susceptible to the gloom that winter can bring. Glad you’re getting rest in, though. That should help you kick it for good, and of course, it can boost the weight loss. Hope your energy level and your spunk return to you soon.
I was scheduled to go run with my son yesterday, but when I showed up, he was too tired to do it. So, instead, I ate donuts and candy with him, and ended up with a very low step count. Ugh. But today, he and I went to the gym together to run, and I ran 3.2 miles in 30 minutes. And it wasn’t until I just typed that that I realized how very close I was to a goal I had tried and (so far) failed to meet - running a 5K in 30 minutes. It was definitely a record for me, though, and I feel good. I am also going to try to do a 14-day “detox,” where I stay true to the plant-based whole foods regiment that I am enjoying, but “cheating” on a bit. I am going to allow eggs, shrimp, and seasoning, as well as Kashi mini-wheats. And I’m going to try to do better about water.

Last edited by LaurieDawn; 02-15-2018 at 05:45 PM.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 06:38 AM   #227  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey guys. I disappeared all week, I know because of work has been all over the place. I'm exhausted. We're developping a tv series and for once we don't have a client we're doing it for so it can be about ANYTHING in ANY genre so it's been overwhelming deciding what we'll be able to sell and workshopping stories with writers all week- super long days and short nights and no time to furtively be on my laptop checking in because I'm facilitating... except yesterday, we had a proposal that needed to go out in the mail and it's just an "expression of interest" so I thought it would be pretty quick and east to do but it wasn't and I was here till 11pm and went home and ate dinner at midnight and it's 11.16am and I can still feel last night's undigested dinner and it's unpleasant.... Sigghhh #TheUnloadingofToastedsMind Okay now that I've whined a bit, my check in is that things haven't been fabulous plan-wise.... They're still so-so, I'm eating like someone wilding out on maintenance. I think I'm engaging in what might be called Unsafe Maintenance Behaviour or the Red Light District of Maintenance, if you will. In plain English, what I mean is that I'm in the creeper zone- the zone where you're not eating sooooo soooo badly, but just badly enough that the weight is creeping upwards slowly and you can sort of see it in your clothes kind of but you're not sure if you're gaining or bloated but if you're honest with yourself, you know you're gaining? Do you know what I mean? Anyway, I think (okay fine I hope), a lot of the heaviness of self I'm feeling is because of weeks of late nights and late dinner and because my digestion is acting up, rather than as I suspect, because I'm beyond lax. I'm not doing awfully (denial-ish), but I think for my level of consistent activity (currently 1-3 times a week), I need to be doing more militantly awesome (say 1300ish cals a day and upping the workouts to 3-5 times a week). Sigh today is a new day for awesomeness and I will not be discouraged, whatever my weekly trend currently looks like.

Lillion: I'm so glad you're healing so well and doing better and feeling good. Boooooooo going back to work early but please don't lift heavy things. I watched a medical documentary about post-abdominal surgery hernias... don't do it. It's not worth it. 5lbs IS pretty light though. I mean what is 5lbs? I didn't know you worked in law. I looked up what an ALJ/Hearing officer does and Google says they're the same thing so Prof Google agrees you're being cheated of a title and it's benefits. Please let your husband carry ALL the things for your set up at the camp. If you can, swan about imperiously as he does it, because really it doesn't seem like camping would generally give much opportunity for swanning instead of carrying, and God-willing, you'll never have to have surgery again so this might be your only opportunity to swan about in the kind of dress called "a gown" like a medieval lady of means. Although if you do win the lottery you can afford to have "people" who make sure you can swan through life. I won't lie, deep down, I'm a swanner- I just don't have the means and the shamelessness for it yet. But let's just say if I win the lottery, I'm not going to be in #TeamGetAJob

Lemonthyme: I'm so sorry you're still feeling poorly and coughy. The coughing is honestly to me the worst part. Even more than the mucusy part. Because it's so exhausting. I don't know if you're already doing this but I really like Boiron's homeopathic remedies for cold and flu and I find they actually work (even my skeptical family are now converts and always ask me for the stuff)- you're a bit late for Oscillococcinum which is better when you first get the tickly throat, but with the cough you still have Coldcalm could be worth a shot and for sure, if nothing else definitely try Chestal, their cough syrup- it's homeopathic but it really does work. Because you've been ill back to back, if you're not already, consider Black Elderberry syrup- I haven't tried it yet (currently in my Amazon basket for my next haul) but people swear by it. Re: the Olympics, I've not watch it as much as I want because I'm never home. And when I get home late, it's past prime time and so I get the curling or the whatever random thing they're foisting on you so you can go to bed or the Olympics highlights show which is basically "let's interview random athletes from random sports you don't know," and I admire them quite a bit but it's like "look Mr. Ice Hockey/Curling/Skiing/(even)Ice skating person, I admire what you do, but I don't need to know your perspective on your season and prospects are, just get on the ice/snow and dazzle us." Which is mean, I know, but I only have so much interest to give to these things. I follow winter sports for two weeks every 4 years, I haven't had time to work on my fantasy football teams in 3 weeks and deal with injuries. I just want to watch athletic people spin and jump and do dangerous-looking things on a white background, is it too much to ask? #RantOver You said NBC's coverage was less than lit and that people are complaining- how come? What are they doing?

Jenni: Yay the 230s and getting back into HIIT. I couldn't work out (beyond gentle walks) for 2 years because it triggered digestive distress that put me in hospital so I get the victory it is when you can finally do something intense you used to do but haven't been able to do for a while... if the way I've written that makes sense. Anyway, how's it going with the workouts. I need to do better but I'm trying. I checked out carb cycling and I'm intrigued. I'm a bit (okay a lot) of a carbaholic even though I rarely eat grains (mostly potatoes, yams and plantains) but I know I do better low carb, I guess cycling is a good way to have the best of both worlds.

Diane: Your hair is GORGEOUS!!!!!! OMG! The colour!!! Total #goals Side note because we're sisters in the sisterhood of relosers, full disclosure my first thought was "she could sell it for a lot!" Your hair I mean. And yes I know it's a weird first thought to have when you see someone be total #hairgoals but it's only because expensive human hair wig culture (yes there is such a thing) is a such a "thing" where I live. Expensive human hair wig culture, to define it, is the prizing of expensive human hair wigs to the point that it's a Valentines day gift prized more than jewellery by many. I'm not a member of this sub-culture and so can't really understand personally even if I do understand from a sociopolitical and ethnological standpoint the historic and cultural reasons behind it, but let's just say Rapunzel is everyone's favourite and people are willing to pay. Anyway, to un-weird this, because of the sub-culture, my friends and I always jokingly say "I'd buy your hair" to each other as the compliment when someone's hair is looking lit- and the compliment receiver jokingly names some outlandish price in response. It's still weird, isn't it? Anyway to cut a long story short, your hair is beyootiful! I'm glad the scale is cooperating. Question, as a daily weigher, do you see trends in what day of the week you see upward bounces and whooshes?

Uber: I'm glad you're readjusting to your new journey well and that the liquid diet isn't that taxing. How much longer do you have on it now? Are you looking forward to solid food? Do you get to eat the soups and broths you like homemade, or is it the enhanced nutrient soup packets? Did you decide to sign up for the gym in the end?

Laurie: OMG I can't believe you grew up in my favourite American state (in my head). Really it should be everyone who watched Hallmark romantic movies in the 90s' and was young, preteen and impressionables favourite American state. Totally YES if I'm going to Wyoming, I'll let you know and let's totally make a TLTMAS meet up happen! I'm holding you to that for sure. I'm a fan of a whole foods diet personally. I just don't do fabulously well digestively with many plants mainly of the insoluble fiber variety (if I eat salad, I steam it a bit first)- leafy greens are like a scouring pad on my sensitive tum and most fruits give me bloating, so the idea of plant-based freaks my digestion out a bit, even without my liking for meat. But I can definitely recognize that a plant-based whole foods diet is not just good for weightloss because low calorie bulk, but also and more importantly great health wise. Anything to get away from frankenfood is a great step. When you said warm weather doesn't equal heavy food, I was like... not in Africa. The weather is hot and the food is hot and heavy- anything cold like salads or sandwiches are considered snacks or "not real food." I think it's awesome that your son is going through these health journeys with you and YAYYYY 5k in 30minutes. That's my 1st goal. And then 5k in 25 minutes. And then I quit my job and go to the Olympics because from my current 40-minute 5k, 25k must surely be what Mo Farrah runs 5k in, right?
a

Alright guys, I need to go. It's taken me wayyyyy to long to catch up but I regret nothing. I missed you guys and wanted to do personals and let you know what's up with me. I wish everyone a safe and great weekend. My goals are as always eat under 1400 cals today and tomorrow, exercise today and tomorrow. It's boring saying it and not doing it but I have to believe that this is the weekend I'll do it so I'll put it out in the world and work towards it.

Last edited by toastedsmoke; 02-16-2018 at 06:47 AM.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 09:22 AM   #228  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

When oh when can I wake up and just feel back to normal and not sputtering with a cough and deaf in one ear? Dear god - I’d like to feel good!

So the weekend includes lots of trying to stay mindful about what’s going on and when. That part I’ve been fairly ok with, but it’s been take out a few nights this week and that included bread product which I’m finding I don’t really need to subsist, but isn’t that what most take out consists of? Well in this neck of the woods because DH has an almost hour commute and the last 45 mins is all rural so sandwiches it usually is or a papa Murphy’s. And it’s lent - and I’m not one who likes fish unless it’s deep fried which I only try to do once in the season. So I have my hurdles to keep up with.

Toasted: oh NBC gripes are usual - they micromanage embargoing the better sports until prime time, but I can read dailymail and see who won what before it’s shown. I’m of the camp just let it run as it happens - advertisers will still advertise and people can dvr. But like you, I rarely watch these sports any other time of year unless it’s Olympics or if by some odd chance there is nothing else on tv. Oh the eating challenge when stressed with work or life and trying to keep it on track. It’s hard! I have nothing to offer other than I think we all have run into this quite often. Just try your best to make good choices and changes. So what type of tv show are you looking at?

Laurie: yeah for you your son wants to join in with you to move there body. Sometimes I think it’s nice to have a partner in loss. You can spur each other on. I’m guessing he’s young enough that he is doing it more to shape his body into fit teen. Oh being on the water sounds so nice. I’d sure like it if we could all have once a month vacations I think people would be happier as a result and even better if there was no cost involved for anyone - but that’s a good fantasy!

Lil: how’s your sewing? Are you reworking past outfits and taking in? I’ve got to whip up a skirt for dd as there is a daddy daughter dance and she’s not into dresses this week and decided last night to invite dad and they’ll go. So I’ve got to go root through my stash and find something that will work quickly and get it done as the laundry spins.

Diane: do you hike in the mountains? I forget if you do that or have access to foothills or steppes. Do you have to worry about animals on your trail? I’m still interested in learning to snowshoe but haven’t made the investment. My concern is creeping up by the wildlife - I can shoe on my ILS land - but it’s also land shared in warm weather with deer, wolf, coyote, black bear, skunks etc. what do you do?

Jen: did your house survive the school valentine parties? This year I didn’t have those treats to bring in. I had a different holiday. What’s your go to treat for your kids to take?

Uber: how are you?

Hello all!

Still the National news bothers me. I should turn it off, it’s probably better for my brain if I did. I’m sorry for everyone involved.

Today will find me inundated with as much home stuff as I can do before I peter out. The suns out (nice!) and I really should get some more stuff in my jugs planted. Not sure on that one and the sewing of course. I think some days I’m busier than when I was working. Alas - I best get my day moving en force and work on feeling better. Enjoy your weekends ahead! I’ll post because it keeps my weight in front of me.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:31 AM   #229  

Lemon, Ugh on the cough. My coworker in the next office was off two days and still sounds like she’s going to hack a lung thru the wall and smack me in the head with it. That cough lasts ages. Feel better soon! LOL at the idea of wearing stays to give myself a bosom…Believe me, I’ve tried back when I did the Renaissance Faire, instead of the reenactment. (For those who don’t know, a Renfaire is more like a carnival or a show and reenactment doesn’t have patrons or observers; everyone participates rather more seriously.) But yeah…even then I wasn’t blessed with the ability to have bar-wench bosoms. As for the sewing…well…it’s not going well. I finally got all the fabric out but still need to decide what to do with a lot of it and see what I can get done. I’m trying to get a couple pieces of garb made…sadly, most of my gowns have gone from loose, early period garb, to 14th century form-fitting cotehardies without me taking them in. I don’t like the tight. I’m redoing a few as well. Found some things I made when first starting out that aren’t bad…but the trim is sooo modern, now that I know better. So I’ll take that off and try again with something more period. At least camping and doing classes you have an excuse for not looking your best. You don’t wear your Sunday best to pottery and glass bead making classes.

Laurie – Awww…eating candy and donuts with your kid instead of a run sounds like a nice way to spend a bit of time regardless of the step count.  You’re doing awesome regardless of little slip-ups like that. I tried to convince my boss I couldn’t do the remanded hearing – that I’m about to start – because clearly those files weighed too much for me to lift. She reminded me that they weren’t permanently bound together and if necessary, I could call a clerk to help. Bad boss. LOL

Toasted! Making a new TV show? That sounds awesome!!! The kind of work schedule you describe would make anyone enter the creeper zone. There. There’s a title for your show: The Creeper Zone. LOL! I love the phrase “swan about”. I’m going to have to use that. “Pick that up for me dear. I’m going to go over here and swan.” Yes…I’m a swanner too.

And I still have nothing to report. Food and I are not being nice to each other. I'll get back on track eventually.

Last edited by Lilion; 02-16-2018 at 10:36 AM.
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 12:09 PM   #230  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Height: 5'6

It's Fri Yay!!!!

Diane: Rest days are good. We all need those every week. Fluctuations are the worst. I think because we are so lucky to be women and have hormones and retain water!!!! I think your right that if it is going down that's what counts. Love my Garmin! I'm starting at 7500 steps which I have done and that feels good. I read somewhere if you do 10000 a day that's an extra pound a week.

Lil: I would love to see photos. I am a sweets person too that is why I have to be very careful. I think that is sticking in my head over and over now. What is your favorite vacation of all time?

Lemon: kitchens hmmmm.... I would want large and a big island. The sink on the island and a second cooktop. Double oven and mini fridge. Big pantry. One of those water spouts where he dove is. A beautiful vent hood. Glass doors on some of top cabinets. Grey and teal colors. And of coarse custom cabinets with lots of built ins to make life easier. I could talk hours on this. I love the hgtv shows on houses. Oh and valentines did survive. Kids brought home tons of candy but I made them keep it in there cubby in the pantry it's a little snack box for each of them.

Toasted:. Hey!!! I'm glad your surviving! A TV show??? That's awesome but looking like a ton of work! I'm getting in 7500 steps for now and doing Hiit 2-3 times a week and I will look at changing things up next month. Trying to get the scale moving more consistently. It's weird my body tends to lose every other week 3-4 pounds. That's not horrible just frustrating on the off week! Let me know if you want suggestions on carb cycling. Chris and Heidi Powell are amazing they have tons of free articles.

Hope I isn't miss anyone! I get my free Friday back and it's a four day weekend because of Presidents Day! Off to the store! I hate grocery shopping by the way LOL
jenjenangel027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 12:15 PM   #231  

I did miss someone see that's why phone posting sucks!

Laurie:. Loving the Garmin so far. My goal is to get up to 10000 steps I'm at 7500 now. I tried it out to see how many steps I take and it was 2800 and I was shocked!!!! I also read if you do 10000 a day you should lose an extra pound a week not sure how valid that is! I'm intrigued by plant based. I eat a lot of salad Alvarado and chicken. I also eat berries cheese bacon and eggs so I don't think that's near to plant based. I'm gonna remind myself to read up on it! Sounds like you have a great plan going!
Old 02-16-2018, 12:46 PM   #232  

The skirt is cut out - only 4 pieces so it should go quickly. Woot. I have a bit more energy so I’m trying to take advantage of it. Got most of the morning fast in but a 1/2 hour shy of where I normally begin eating. I’m going to try adding some water back in to my day. I’ve avoided long enough less I have issues w a cough. Sorry tmi I know. It’d be super if I could box the crud and ship it to someplace uninhabitable or my worse enemy if I had one .

Anyone having spring thoughts with me? My geraniums are getting big and leafy! And the slight smell I can catch is great - ready for warm days and get on with it all.

Jen: kitchen sounds delightful. I had to stop watch hgtv for all the people who wanted a huge kitchen and they don’t know how to use it. Sure there are a lot who do but I swear half the time it was a husband calling out his wife that she had no clue and her reply was I’ll learn. I think when you have a crappy make do kitchen when you get the new one you have thought through all the things that will work for you and design something that leaves you in awe! And the why didn’t I do this sooner phrase!

Lil: have you ever learned to weave? I enjoyed that way long ago. I am also one who likes to read on dying fibers with natural items I have never done so, but if intrigues me. Good luck with it all! You should post some of your daily wear. I think everyone is intrigued by your battle.
Old 02-16-2018, 12:59 PM   #233  

Jenni...favorite vacation I've ever taken had nothing to do with the SCA. In 2010 hubby and I went to Italy - Rome specifically. We were supposed to be there 7 days then to Belgium and Paris, but the unpronounceable volcano in Iceland grounded air traffic north, so we were stuck in Italy for almost 3 weeks total. We drove to Amalfi and saw the Mediterranean coast and it was glorious. I want to go back SOOO much!

Lemon, I do know how to tablet and inkle weave - not well, but enough to make ribbons. I think I'm going to take some woodworking and glass bead making classes at this war. Pottery if I get a chance...but it's hard to get in to those classes sometimes.
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 01:13 PM   #234  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Lemon: In the summer, I can go up to the mountains fairly easily - like within an hour or so. But in the winter months, or when I just need to make it quicker, there are a lot of trails and hiking near where I live. Not really huge mountains, just a lot of canyons and mountain biking type trails. I've never had trouble with any animals except the occasional dog running with its owner, but there could be mountain lions. They typically aren't aggressive, so it isn't a huge concern. So for now, I only have about a 5 mile drive to the trails and that's what I like to do!

Lilion: Glad you're getting there, little by little! Oh and Italy would be an amazing place to visit. How cool!!!

Jen: Sounds like you have a good plan for your Garmin. I think 10,000 steps is a great goal. You'll get there before you know it! And, yes, the fluctuations... What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right?

Laurie: Yay on the running goal! You are there, a 5K in 30 minutes! That's just great. And how fun to be running with your son. Even eating donuts with your son is good!!! ha!

Toasted: Thanks for the hair compliments. I think I'm finally used to seeing such a light color when I look in the mirror. I do like it. How funny about the hair selling culture! It's fun to see how other cultures are and what is important there! Hope work levels out for you!

As for me, no scale change today. That's ok. I didn't workout yesterday and it felt pretty good. I went to spin this morning and I'll go tomorrow too. There was talk about having a 2 hour spin class, so I might try that if available. I'll just leave early if it is killing me. I haven't heard anything else, so maybe they decided not to do it. Whatever, I'll do just an hour if not. That typically is more than enough!!!

I've been doing well with food, and I hope to stay strong through the weekend! I am so excited to have a 3 day weekend, but I also need to not make it a vacation from "responsible" eating. Ha!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 11:52 PM   #235  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Diane Your hiking always sounds like so much fun! How nice that you can drive and be at nice trails! Glad you're getting used to the hair! Maybe you'll like being an ash blond so much you'll just stick there for a while. Meantime, I'm going to have a little chat with my hairdresser. She told me that the only way to go gray was to cut it short... so I'm wondering now. I have to admit that I've been going to her for about 30 years, so she's not necessarily into big new ideas. I think I may be her youngest client. She specializes in old ladies!

Lilion Being stranded in Italy sounds glorious! I've been there, but it was such a long time ago that I'd love to go again. Glad you are hanging in there and feeling better. That's the trick. The rest will come. I hope your medieval event is tons of fun and that you manage to stick with your no lifting rule! It sucks to feel singled out, but in the long run, it's worth it to stay healthy!

Laurie Seriously, I'm also amazed that you grew up in Wyoming! A dear friend of mine moved there recently and she spends all her time trying to convince me to move out there. I've only visited, but it is just so beautiful. As far as the 30min 5K, that is FAST. Wow! You are really moving.
I'm
Toasted Your TV project sounds so cool! Although a lot of work! No wonder you're busy. I'm trying to figure out what kind of work makes a person need to offhandedly pitch a TV series! I know people who do that, but they are all screenwriters. I'm sorry you are in the maintenance danger zone! I know just what you mean... the great thing is that you are aware of it and can do something about it before it become a full-on problem.

Jen I hate grocery shopping too! I absolutely hate it. I either associate the grocery store with being tired (running in after work) a danger zone (buying some cookies I don't need) or a giant money suck (what? how did this 6 things add up to so much!) My local grocery store is now offering delivery, and I'm seriously thinking about just ordering my groceries! One less thing to worry about! On the plus side-- you'll get to those steps running around the grocery store faster than I will sitting at home ordering stuff, LOL!

Lemon I can't believe how long you've been sick! Those coughs can be so hard to shake sometimes and just go on and on and it's so debilitating and makes you feel so tired. I'm glad you're feeling better and hope you'll be totally well soon. I'm so impressed that you are making a skirt! Or really making anything. I'm sorry to say that I am horrible at most domestic tasks (except cooking, LOL). My son was on his way to a school dance and a button popped off his blazer, and I had to remind myself how to sew a button back on, and frankly, it didn't actually get sewn on that straight. So hats off to you!

As for me, I had been stuck at 264 for four days and then I awoke this morning to a four pound whoosh! That was pretty exciting. I've been cleared to go off the liquid diet and eat food. I have to be honest, it's going to take some getting used to. Besides that, I sent in the revised version of my latest book to my editor on Wednesday, so I'm happy to have that off my back, and I just bought tickets to go to PARIS to visit my daughter who is doing a study abroad there. The last couple years I've been having trouble with not fitting in airplane seats-- it seemed to have something to do with how I'm proportioned. I carry the majority of my excess weight on my belly and so when I'm seated, there is a lot of belly there. Even at the same weight when I was younger, I didn't have that problem, so I'm not sure if airline seats are getting smaller or my weight is just carried in the wrong place-- or both. Any-hoo, I'm sure I'll be at least in the 250s and maybe even smaller by the time I leave, meaning small enough that I don't expect a problem-- feeling too big to fit on an airplane really sucks!

Last edited by ubergirl; 02-16-2018 at 11:55 PM.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 10:04 AM   #236  

Uber: what genre do you write? Airplanes - since I just flew - seats are definitely smaller if your flying coach. What I hate is the back pitch into your row especially when you have someone in front of you that wants to recline but I digress. In regards to belly and belt my DH is both tall and 300 - well about 310 when we flew and a belly - he said he was at the end of his belt but ok more the same problem I had. I fit into the belts too and I was 226. I would say your ok and if you able to fly in business or higher -I’d say more than likely good to go. I bet with your loss you’ll find walking all over Paris (isn’t that what visitors do - stroll the promenades, have a coffee and pastry/croissant and take it all in people watching?) you will feel fantastic. We did the Disney thing and I had my iPhone on in my bag and it tracked me at 7-9 miles a day. It adds up as you tour and have fun. One thing I’d be interested in if I ever got back (only stopped as a layover) would be to do the open air flea markets. I always read people find so many unique things. And with so much history and past I think that’d be fun. Enjoy!

Diane: that sounds like it would be fun to do. I can walk in town to our one park but to get to it there are about 4-6 trailers that all have pit bulls. And they are generally not of the pleasant variety and they have what you’d say are the typical owners who don’t care well for their pets. And I have a slight fear of large dogs especially that group. So your access to the mountains and hills sounds great.

Jen: how is your HIIT going? I need to start adding movement again. It will have to be in little bursts at first I’m sure until we hop from the cough. Did you run a lot in your past?

Lil: I think of you as I’m putting my machine back away. I would like to do some quilt sewing here soon but I need to finish my basement mess first and then I can sew for a while. I have three quilts in progress but depending on my mood is the one I’ll work on.

Hello all!

Didn’t hop on the scale this am. At bath time last night I was 222.8. So if I had to guess 221.6. I say that because my scale for some unknown reason likes the 2s for the 1/10 position and I rarely have anything other than a .6. Hah!

I’m watching the aerial ski - their landings make my hips and knees hurt. I can’t imagine landing after stretching out in your flight and then crash down. They must have some strong muscles to not be bothered like I think I’d feel!

Happy day all. It’s saturday and I’m sure a bunch of non planned hints will get on my list some of which I should ignore but feel the need to do! I’m going to plant a few more seeds and set out to see if they’ll grow. I haven’t checked my other jugs just in case I don’t want to be disappointed. But we have had thaw so I better make sure they are ok I’m trying to remain hopeful my garden will be wonderful. I got a new seed catalog with these wonky wonderful looking tomatoes I might want to try. They start out purple and then turn a red striped as they ripen. Oh to go think of my garden.

Happy Saturday all! Sorry for the typos I’m on my phone and I don’t feel like proofreading so I’m sure autocorrect will trip me up and make me sound bizarro. Know I had good intentions.

Last edited by lemonthyme; 02-17-2018 at 10:07 AM.
Old 02-17-2018, 11:31 AM   #237  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey guys, weekend check in, who am I even? To be fair, I had to unearth my computer and work today and as such I'm somewhat bitter and heavily procrastinating so here I am! Yesterday, I actually did okay with calories AND went for my longest run of the year after work- don't clap too hard it was just 6km, but I'm still very proud of myself. I realize now that I need to leave work at the dot of 5pm and the traffic gods need to be smiling if I want to make it home early enough to work out. Today has been a little weekend-y for want of a better description. Let's just say 1200 calories had been consumed by 2pm with zero exercise done even though I was up before 8am. It's alright though, all I have to do is figure out a 200-calorie dinner and the day won't be such a bust, and if I figure out some strength training workout as well, then the day would actually be quite perfect- except for having to work on the boring (monitoring and evaluation) part of a proposal for a democracy project we want to do.

Lemon: How's your cough treating you? Hopefully you're much better now! What's your timeline on the skirt, how long will it take to do? Are you finally able to get on top of your basement yet? I totally agree about the aerial ski. My knees wince every landing. The coverage is the opposite here. They show everything live when nobody is home and then the highlights packages the put together for primetime are wack. It's like "who do you think wants to watch all this curling or interviews or Pyongyang tourism features?" So most of the time the programs we do are commissioned by someone to talk about something specific, but this is the first time we're doing something purely for commercial purposes and so we went in thinking we would do some sort of (silly) sitcom thing because those are popular here and won't be too hard to sell to a network, but instead we're doing a dark feminist revenge procedural sort of thriller thing because we're crazy and even though we live in a patriarchal society, we think we can make it work and possibly find a buyer- gulp!

Lillion: The Creeper Zone could actually work as a title for what we have in mind but I know the team won't go along with it, sigh! My relationship with food right now is "it's complicated" right now as Facebook used to say... Is that still an option for relationship status on Facebook? No idea. I'm more an Instagrammer and Twitterer these days, neither of which care if you're the queen of singlation like I am. Hopefully you can repurpose a lot of your old period dresses so it's less work for you and more swan time.

Jenni: 7500 steps a day is pretty awesome to me. If I don't actively go walking or running, I'm around 3000 steps per day also- so I'm pretty sedentary. It's good to have a step challenge. When I'm in America, HGTV is my obsession. I'm NOT AT ALL handy, but I love every variation of house hunting, house flipping, home renvovation shows- preference in that order, and when they throw in those hot Canadian twin brothers and put them on almost everything on the channel, I mean..... #SOLD I have learned nothing from HGTV but then again one of my favorite shows is Top Gear/ The Grand Tour (with Jeremy Clarkson) which is a car show and I care NOTHING about cars and know even less about them. Same with watching elaborate makeup tutorials on YouTube with no intention of ever wearing that much makeup- sooooo soothing. It's weird, but yes back to the point, I love HGTV. How's the home reno going? Any plans for your long weekend or are you just planning to "relax.... take it eaaaaassssssayyyy" (Mika song reference to "Relax, take it easy). (Can't help it, I'm an #AlwaysARelevantSongLyric type of person)

Diane: Very cool having good hiking nearby. Any hiking plans for the long weekend? Did you end up having the 2-hour spin class? What are your plans for the long weekend?

uber: Are you a writer? That would be pretty cool as I'm a reader. I'm not a screenwriter or in the movie business. I actually work mostly in developing and producing and sometimes organizing media buying for radio and tv soaps focused on development themes (like health, disease prevention, peace and post-conflict reintegration, democracy and good governance, climate change, that kind of thing). This is our first non-commissioned production where we can go wild and do whatever we want talking about whatever themes we want. So this week, we had screenwriters and our own in-house writers pitching ideas and once that was done, plotting episodes- that kind of thing? YAYYYYY the whoosh! That sounds awesome. Economy seats HAVE gotten smaller (major culprits to me are Virgin and AA) on some airlines to the point of being not very comfortable or putting you in what I consider to be unnecessarily intimate proximity with your neighbour at any weight, but I think you should be fine, especially if you don't have to be in the middle. It might also be worth upgrading to Premium Economy if it's available on your airline- it's miles cheaper than Business and if you're buying sufficiently ahead of time, it's usually only a small fee up from Economy... Or do you maybe have miles for an upgrade? I was fine in the 270s flying economy and I'm an apple and didn't need a seatbelt extender but it all depends on the airline and the flight. Paris with your daughter sounds like a fabulous time- so the inconvenience of flying the distance from LA will be sooo worth it.

Alright, I need to get back to work and to watching the football (soccer). I hope you guys have a great long weekend!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 03:41 PM   #238  

Toasted: I have been pacing around my downstairs at night to meet goal. I think my kids think that I am crazy!!! Lol. I have to do that to get everything in. I am sorry your having a crazy weekend but it sounds like you had a great run. What's the weather like there right now? Reno is still at starting downstairs floor I hope I get to it. With working full time coming home makeing dinner cleanin up exersize steps in homework for kids and bed time I am exhausted by the weekend. I know I just need to kick my booty in gear! I love property brothers and fixer upper. I'm afraid to get into the vacation ones cuz I try and limit my TV.

Lemon: Hiit is going well. I did 3 days plus my steps. I'm going to ease in slowly. I really love lifting weights so may incorporate it with weights. We have weights in our garage so I should put it to use! Are you feeling any better?

Uber:. I'm glad someone else despises their grocery store as much as me! Dang I need to look into delivery. My hubby loves going but he doesn't price match and well with 4 kids we have too! Congrats on the whoosh! I love when that happens! Paris??? My daughter is obsessed with Paris. I want to take her there in the next couple years. Any tips?

Diane:. Great job staying on plan! I hate that weight can stay the same for so long! I hope you have a great weekend!

Lil: OMG I want to go see Italy, Paris, and Greece. I have so much on my bucket list! We only live once and I have learned I need to make things happen.

For me:. Today was my weigh in but that didn't happen because TOM came and it is a bad one with lots of cramps! I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 02-17-2018, 05:00 PM   #239  

Jenni: somewhat better - still deaf! I’d say go to Italy! I’ve been too - it’s worth a trip at some point. I so enjoyed it for the scenery, the age of everything and how things were made before computers and the rules of the world these days. It’s amazing to look at something that has been around for centuries and still looks good. Sure there is a lot that doesn’t, but still amazing. And the men - hey this was before I was married! I also loved the slower pace, the cigarettes and diesel cars/vespas, not so much. But there is something magical about Italy- if you can - do it.

Toasted: skirt was done in less then an hour. I got it cut out right away but had to set aside until my little was resting and then I got it done. It looked good and wore well. Dd was pleased with it and I’m glad I was able to find something that worked in my stash. I hate seeing my kids grow so fast - sometimes you’d love to keep them little! As for the olympics I see myself as a ski jumper. Too bad I have a fear of heights or actually landing as I’m no graceful chicken! And as I age I tend to think about my ankles, knees and hips carrying me through my old age . No my basement mess isn’t done and I should be down there now, instead I’m looking through seed catalogs. I’m currently looking for tomatoes and I found some really nice looking ones to try. I may gamble and try some from seed this year and grow something I haven’t seen locally as a plant in the stores or nurseries.

I hear you on the 200 calorie meal - weekends forever trip me up. Today did quite well in going off track! So I commiserate with you.

AM: as all of you walk and get your steps in, if you do longer walking sessions do you find you have joint issues? When I’m done and into the day I will struggle with this. Does anyone have some remedies? It’s not necessarily muscle pain, it’s joints that feel fatigued. I get it is probably my weight but it’s like things are stuck in frozen and really you aren’t going to want to move. Hard to explain, other than I feel hurt, very stiff feeling etc. ok - old lady feeling!

Yes working with my plants today and has gone well. I split a lot of my plant babies to get them rooting and make more plants. My MIL told my DH it makes more sense to buy new - we’ll I would if I wasn’t trying to save money - and besides I like feeling like spring 3 months early and frankly - we are two different women who share one thing in common - the man I love - but we do have different views on plants. If money was no issue, I’d probably do the same thing - as I said it feels good to grow things and have it work and give me a touch of spring.

As for my diet today - out the window! Tomorrow I’ll try again. I’m hoping tomorrow I can add the water back in without it things slow terribly for me. Except of course the need to sprint - but since that’s on the way out of my system all will be good. Does anyone add chia seeds to their meals? I used to add to salads but I’m on a salad hiatus - winter salads are always ick. And I’ve tried making overnight oatmeal with them but let’s just say cold oatmeal doesn’t work for me. I’m looking for other ideas on how to add them. They do seem to help through the day for hunger I think. But they are slimey boogers when you hydrate them into a pudding. Give me some ideas if you have them.

Off to go make a cup of coffee and get my order posted. Hurray for spring!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 02-17-2018 at 06:34 PM.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:27 PM   #240  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

How nice to see some company over the weekend!

Toasted Such a bummer that you had to work on the weekend! And as far as working all day, fighting with traffic and then going for a good run? Well that is just goddess-like! Your job sounds very fascinating-- dramatizing all those themes? Who knew? I certainly didn't even know that was a thing, but it sounds like a very fascinating job that would never really get boring. On the topic of steps, I really hear you about not having tons of steps in your day unless you exercise. I am naturally super sedentary. I sit at my computer all day and my favorite hobby is reading. I even live in a one-story house. I've never gotten a fitbit because I'm afraid it would just discourage me. And yes, I'm a writer. I used to have a second career in nursing (day job) but I was able to go full-time about six years ago. I write both fiction and non-fiction. I feel super lucky that I'm able to make a living doing what I love, but it took me a really long time and many many rejections to get to that point. :-)

Lemon I do like chia seeds, and also toasted flax seeds. My go-to is toast, peanut butter, and sprinkle the chia on top. Another thing I like is sort of a variation on overnight oatmeal, but with yogurt. Mix up plain yogurt with a little bit of oatmeal and chia seeds and sit overnight, then add chopped strawberries, blueberries and banana. I don't like overnight oatmeal either, but I do like the yogurt with the chia and oatmeal kind of softening, and then add the fruit. There was a time when I ate that every day for lunch-- but when it's cold, I'm not a big fan of cold meals, so maybe save that one for the summer! Also, yes about the joint aches. I have that exact problem. It's one of the things that makes it really hard for me to want to exercise a lot when I'm really heavy. Mine also does improve steadily as my weight goes down. I usually pop an advil when I feel like that, but I have to say that it is one of the things that discourages me from exercising-- if I have to run around all day and then I add exercise walking I end up with that stiff, sore, old-lady feeling. I should add that I am pretty old! :-) As for the airplane problem... in the past my rule of thumb was always that as long as I was below 280 I could buckle, but in the last few years I've sometimes had trouble buckling when I was ten pounds less than that. I think it's partly the seats and partly the way my weight is distributed. I carry all my weight right around the middle-- legs, arms, shoulders, hips, all relatively thin but big around the waist. Makes all kinds of trouble fitting clothes too. And when I lose, I lose it all around the periphery-- face, arms and legs slim right down, but the waist is the last to go!

Jen See! I think it's being a mom of four that makes the grocery store so heinous! My three oldest are all up and gone and I've just got one left at home, and it's a whole different ball game, but even so, I think i just got sick to death of shopping and cooking and cooking and shopping all those years! I have to see how much the delivery costs, but it sounds like heaven. I order literally everything that I can order because I hate shopping so much.

Down to 259 yesterday, so I'm down a total of 24 lbs for the month. That is definitely more than I've ever lost before.I'm doing well! Going whale watching tomorrow, so that should be fun! I've been seeing whales every single day on my walk. From where I walk, they're really far away so you can't really see much, but it's still so fun to see them spout and then lift those giant tails. Went out to dinner tonight. Ordered a side of rice and a side of beans and when I was done it hardly looked like I had touched it. I thought about getting a doggie bag, and then I thought, really what's the point? It really is quite weird to eat so little but I was happy that I was able to eat a meal out and it seemed totally normal. I've eaten with people for years who leave half their food on the plate at a restaurant, but that has never been me.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote