Old 01-10-2018, 06:39 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

TOTALLY FORGOT MY CHALLENGE

225.8 s/w

im fluctuating with bday celebrations but back down there. Will see what happens with the trip. Maybe up maybe down.

So I’m flying a some food and hope that TSA doesn’t have issue. What can go in carryon is there what has to go checked is there. I won’t be able to go to the grocery right away and I need to make sure we have some foodstuffs because I’m not eating out daily due to costs.

And of all this may be a moot point if it’s truly to blizzard tonight into tomorrow. Alas fitting flights in between crazy weather drives me nutty.

Ok my dears I’ll try to check in as I can. Enjoy your weekend and week ahead may the weight just fall off each of you and PLEASE don’t see. Them to me

Happy day all!
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:51 AM   #77  

268.5 today - up another 1/2 lb.

This kind of an up doesn't freak me out.

Lemon, I hope you have a great vacation and NO SNOW - or at least not enough to ground your plane! Take care and HAVE FUN!
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 12:33 PM   #78  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Lemonthyme: We'll miss you! Hope you have a great time!

Lilion: Fluctuations... so much fun. I'm glad you aren't freaking out on it!!

For me, I had a pretty good loss show on the scale today. I hope it stays off. It just was kind of a weird day yesterday, so I'm not sure if it is a solid number. But it is nice to see the other side of 265. Just need to keep going down.

Yesterday, it just seemed like I was losing a lot of water, as I was in the bathroom all the time. I drank quite a bit too yesterday, but it seemed like it was just a lot anyway. I did go to the gym after work last night, and I did the Body Pump class. I just don't love going to the gym after work, so I need to make sure that I'm getting there in the mornings. At some point, I'd like to add some running again, and that I do like to do after work. I went to Spin class this morning. It was especially challenging, it seemed. Maybe just the turnaround from working out last night and then spinning this morning was a little tough.

I'm doing well with food. I seem to have no trouble keeping on track during the week, so that helps. Weekends... another story.

Ok, where are our friends??? Missing Laurie, Toasted, Bookmark!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:32 AM   #79  

The steady 1/2 pound a day climb continues. Now up 1 1/2 lbs from Monday. Starting to get annoyed. BUT I had Chinese yesterday - lots of MSG and salt. Whatever. I'm tired and I want my bed today. It's gray and rainy and 50+ degrees...they're calling for 20's by dark and that rain...well, you know what happens to rain at 20 degrees. Nasty day all around.

No time for posting really.

Diane - I miss our lost friends too!!! Laurie! Toasted! Bookmark! Where are you???
Old 01-11-2018, 01:21 PM   #80  
Diane

Lilion: Ugh! We had the rainy, gloomy weather yesterday. It is really hard to be out and about when it is like that. We all wanted to go home and be on the couch with a blanket! We have sun today, so much better now.

For me, I had a little bit of a loss today, so that was good. I was a little borderline on wanting to go to the gym and packing a healthy lunch, so it gave me the boost I needed to keep going. I would like to think I would have gone to the gym and packed my lunch even if it hadn't gone down a little, but who knows!? So, I went and did some lifting. I added some shoulder work because I felt like I was needing a little more. Now I'm feeling like they are going to be very sore tomorrow. Oh boy. But, need to keep building on it. I was thinking that I might have to shake up my ab workout a little bit too. Baby steps.

I stayed on track yesterday with food, so that was good. I should be ok today too. Tomorrow and the weekend will be the challenge.... I am hoping to do a workout or hike on Saturday. We'll see what the weather holds. I think I'll probably go to the gym for now. Maybe when it gets back above 50, I'll go back to hiking. Maybe.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:31 AM   #81  

aaannnnddd...the 1/2 lb a day climb continues! That's every day for three days - at this rate I'll gain it all back in about two months. That's almost a joke. Today is my "official" WI day and last Friday I was at 272.5. So technically I'm down 3 lbs. But two weeks ago I was at 268...so I could be happier. Truthfully, my 1/2 lb a day gain coincided with the beginning of some serious "irregularity" - sorry for the TMI - but on the bright side, I might lose 2 lbs tomorrow. LOL

2018 hasn't really started with a bang...but I'll keep plodding along.

Old 01-12-2018, 01:52 PM   #82  
Diane

Lilion: I'd still celebrate the 3 pounds. You definitely don't want to keep up with the .5 per day, but I think that will stop soon and you'll start moving in the other direction soon. Hang in there!!

For me, I had a .2 gain. I actually felt that it would be more, so I was glad to see it wasn't much. It wasn't that I went over on calories, but I just felt that I had gone up. I'm hoping it will go down a little over the weekend, but that usually doesn't happen. I want to get a workout in tomorrow, but then Sunday is my rest day. I just have to be careful with food. I struggle so much on the weekend with that. Hoping that if I keep logging everything, that will keep me in check.

Hopefully some of our friends will be back after the weekend?? Hope so!
Old 01-15-2018, 11:11 AM   #83  

Height: 5'5"

Looks like everyone has done well on my unanticipated hiatus from checking in. Work is crazy, crazy busy, and I am trying to be more diligent about working out as well as getting my steps in, which has left me too little time for doing important things like checking in.

Diane - So excited that you are still in honeymoon phase with the scale. You've certainly earned it. Hope that your weekend went well. I know how tough it is to maintain good habits on weekends.

Lilion - I have been having irregular periods for about a year, and it is weird how it affects my weight, my hunger levels, and my moods. Ugh. I feel confident that your steady gain is about water weight. Still, it's frustrating. I am at work on MLK, Jr. Day, even though it's a holiday for us. I, too, am desperately trying to get caught up!

LemonThyme - Woot for vacations and birthdays! Hope you have a fantastic time, and hope that it's filled with fun activities.

I am back at the gym. Finally! Yesterday, I shoveled snow three times, went mall-walking and outdoor walking, AND went to the gym and ran two miles on the treadmill. So happy that I can still run (and I ran faster than my typical pace). I also went to the gym this morning and lifted weights. Anticipating a lot of soreness, but hopefully, it will be good.

Goals
1 - 20K steps today
2 - Bodyweight exercises at work x 2
3 - No candy today
4 - Weigh in the morning

Hope everyone has a fantastic MLK Day!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 01:24 PM   #84  
Diane

Laurie: Glad to see you posting! Sounds like you are busy, busy! Hope that you get some good work done today and can feel a little more caught up. Also glad to see you got to run and do some lifting!

For me, I had a good weekend with getting in a hike finally. It was awesome! The weather was super nice and I actually was a little overdressed for it. Just really nice to be outside. But, for food, I wasn't great. So, I only lost .8 pounds for the week. I wanted to get 1 pound per week, and it was close, but not quite there. I am not horribly disappointed or anything, but need to really work on being more diligent on the weekend.

Sundays are kind of a special meal day because my son comes over for dinner and our whole family is together. I usually make a dessert to go with a nice meal. That's ok, but putting it right before my official weigh in date is probably not the best. Oh well... I'll get it right.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:16 AM   #85  

Yay! Laurie is back! Diane and I were starting to feel very alone.

Well, it was a LONG FATTENING 3-Day weekend here. Really fattening. So fattening I can't even remember what I ate - fried chicken , homemade German sausages (oh-SO-many sausages) and cookies were involved.

BUT - today is a new day. Try, try, again. Onward and downward.

...and all that jazz.
Old 01-16-2018, 01:34 PM   #86  
Diane

Lilion: Yum!! That sounds so good to me. I love sausages and then... fried chicken and cookies! Sounds so good. I'm glad you enjoyed it, and now can get back to the process.

For me, I had an increase on my scale today. Not excited about that, but I think it is from some salty stuff I had from lunch yesterday. I don't think I overate enough to warrant a 1.2 pound increase. So, hoping to see a little downward trend tomorrow.

I didn't workout this morning, so I'll go after work. Not ideal, but I was just so tired this morning.
Old 01-17-2018, 01:10 PM   #87  
Diane

Posting back to back! I went back down from the 1 1/2 pounds that were showing on the scale yesterday. I had a feeling it had to do with food. So, that's good, I guess. It also means that I haven't lost anything yet this week. Hopefully I can see some lower numbers in the next few days.

I went to Body Pump last night after work. I do like that instructor. I would rather work out in the morning, but it is a good alternative. Then, I went to spin this morning. Doing workouts that close together does make me pretty tired, but I'll live. I did pretty good with food yesterday. I think today will be a little better. My lunch yesterday was a touch higher in calories than I wanted it to be.
Old 01-17-2018, 04:32 PM   #88  

Yep. Back up another 3 1/2 pounds. I'm so desperately tired of these big weight swings. It was even higher yesterday 274.5. The 1/2 climbs were bad enough every day...but these big increases??? I don't know. I know I had a bad weekend. I know I haven't had a decent - sorry...TMI...use your imagination - in weeks. It's both somewhat concerning and frankly, just plain pissing me off! That food isn't just evaporating...it's sitting in my system and making me fatter every single day.

Whatever. Logging. Trying not to binge. Blah, blah, blah. Whatever. That's my mood today. I'm annoyed and EXHAUSTED. That doesn't help. I need to sleep regularly and I'm just not.

So...back to work. Later.

Last edited by Lilion; 01-18-2018 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Removing TMI - nobody needs to read that!
Old 01-18-2018, 09:33 AM   #89  

At least it's going back down. Eh. I'll live. I'm too tired and have too much to do to care at the moment.

Hope you all are well.
Old 01-18-2018, 12:37 PM   #90  
Boomerang Member

S/C/G: 245/245/245

Height: 5'4"

Hi. I was a member here 7 years ago or so...I gained it mostly back....80 pounds back to be exact... But I am ready to commit again and I am hoping to find support here like I did last time!

Slashni I am already impressed with you. Body Pump is harrrrrrrddddd and spin is too. Last time I lost weight I was spinning. I really hope I can conjure the energy to get myself on a spin bike again.
Stacygo100 is offline   Reply With Quote