Old 12-10-2017, 01:28 PM   #46  
Cupcake lover

S/C/G: 270/260/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martine View Post

futurehealthyme there is nothing wrong with you. No one is perfect, today is another day and you have the power to make it a better one.
EVERY. DAMN. DAY. Writing this in lipstick on my bathroom mirror.

12/1: 207.2
12/3: 204.6
12/10: 200.6
12/17:
12/24:
12/31:

Snooze & Annbelieves Welcome loves!

Martine Healing wishes your way! What a crappy time to be sick.

Epiphany You're doing great! 299 here you come!

Laura Praying for you with my whole heart. I have lost beloved friends along the way. It never gets easier with age. Sending loving prayers of strength and courage for you and your dear friend

Curvy How was Ladybird?

Casey Surpassed your adult low! Amazing!! Keep on keeping on, the bump ups WILL bump down
gulfmagnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 03:43 PM   #47  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Martine: I always take for granted the feeling of being able to breathe easily until I am sick, and then I regret it...so, I hope today or tomorrow is the day you finally get cleared up!

gulfmagnolia: I sure hope so! And, thank you. Awesome loss for you this week, by the way!

--------------------------------------

Yeah, I don't know what's up. I was on-plan yesterday, even on the water for the first time in awhile, and did 5 miles during my evening walk to try to break through to a whoosh, and nope...weigh-in was back up to 218.4 today. This is Day 4 of my unexplained gains...plus, I've been feeling extra hungry and am even breaking out, so you'd think I was on my TOM, but that's still about a week and a half away. I'm still going to keep at it and not going to let this deter me, but starting to get frustrated with the scale...lol. Then again, that's the rub with daily weighing...gotta try to take the weird cycles in stride as you watch your patterns. Fingers crossed for a better reading tomorrow!

Week Two
08: 218.2
09: 218.0
10: 218.4
11:
12:
13:
14:
----------------------------
End of Week One: 218.0
Total Loss for Week Two:

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 12-10-2017 at 03:43 PM.
opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 05:54 PM   #48  
On Medifast 5 & 1 Plan

S/C/G: 365/284.2/200

Height: 5'9

Thanks for all the uplifting words, gals. Hope everyone had a restful weekend and is ready to crush their goals in this coming week.
SweetEpiphany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 02:44 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

I hope everyone's week is off to a good start. Today is the first day of Finals Week and it is considerably slower in the transfer center today due to finals being at various times and dates. Traffic will ebb and flow throughout the week.

I went to see Lady Bird on Saturday afternoon and really enjoyed it. It was a very thoughtful coming of age movie. It resonated with me on a couple of levels; first, I live in the Sacramento area where the movie takes place so a lot of the shots of places and neighborhoods were very familiar; second, I remember being an angsty, self-righteous teenager trying to figure out her place in the world and believing and wanting more. Only when you leave and have some distance between what you know and where you are can you truly appreciate and be grateful for what shapes your life. Growing up also helps. Well written and well acted. Martine, Saoirse Ronan was stellar.

opheliaphoenix: Keep on doing what you're doing. It's good that you're doing the daily weigh-ins if only to monitor so when and if you do make changes you have a record of them and can plan accordingly. Any outside the ordinary stress you might be experiencing?

Martine: I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. Head colds can make your head feel like a lead balloon but are less alarming than chest colds.

gulfmagnolia and SweetEpiphany: and more to you both. I hope this is will be a positive week for you both.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 03:29 PM   #50  
|| Casey ||

Curvy: I'm glad you liked the movie! It would be interesting to watch the Sacramento aspect of it -- even though I'm not from the area itself, I'm only from about an hour and a half or so away -- so I would be familiar with some of it. Also, no extra outside stress of note, other than my husband being in Georgia for training until the 23rd or so. But, he is in the military, therefore time apart happens fairly frequently, so I don't think that would affect me in these ways as much as it might have in the past. Hoping this newest bump back down is the start of a stronger finish for the week.

Finally starting to move down a little...weigh-in was 217.6 today. It's still higher than where I was almost a week ago, but I'm hoping this is the start of another downward trend.

Week Two
11: 217.6
12:
13:
14:
Total Loss for Week Two:

Old 12-12-2017, 09:47 AM   #51  

OpheliaPhoenix glad you had a bump down! I know the bump ups suck! I have one on average every week but I've still lost 119 lbs this year as of today (hard to believe). My worst was 3 weeks of no losses. Eventually it began again though. Congrats on hitting the uncharted lows too. I am back in the weight range I was at 23 now (but still have some to lose). Its so nice but hard for me to believe.

CurvyNotLumpy nice to have a slower week at the holidays for sure! I am glad you enjoyed the film too.

SweetEpiphany you've done great losing this year, don't let a couple of temporary setbacks derail you on your great progress. Welcome by the way (I don't think I've posted comments since you joined).

GulfMagnolia You are sooooooooo close to onderland, such an exciting time. You've got this, lady! Great week too last week for you.

Martine I hope you feel better soon. I had a cold for 2 weeks last month that derailed my exercise plans some too.

And congrats on the excellent month for lots of you in here. I am so impressed that you're able to do it in December even! I have lost 7 lbs even though I had a 2-3# goal for the month. I am taking a veggie tray with Knorr spinach dip and a pickle and olive tray for Christmas too so I might be able to maintain that day or just have a sodium gain. I have my mom's birthday too but I am going to make her cake with applesauce instead of oil to lower the calories 120 a slice and just have a half slice. We're going to Olive Garden for her birthday and I will make a pot of minestrone so I will probably order chicken picatta and steamed broccoli and have light salad dressing and half a breadstick. Calories for that aren't bad if I just eat half. I can't believe I am finally just 17# from my goal weight!

Beginning weight (Christmas 2016) 295
Current weight: 176
Goal weight 159
Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 11:49 AM   #52  
Gizmo

Traveller how exciting that you are so close to your goal weight! Great strategy on eating half the portions when going to Olive Garden.

opheliapheonix nice to see the number on the scale going back down.

curvynotlumpy putting Lady Bird on my list of movies to see. It's always interesting when a movie/tv show/book is set in your area, you connect even more to it, if it's done right of course.

I wish I could report that I'm back to exercising, but this darn cold is holding on. Just walking Loki and walking back up the stairs, I get coughing fits still. At least my energy level is coming back to normal. Now I'm going to clear snow off my car before heading into work (more coughing to come), we have a snow storm going on. Hope everyone is well.
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 12:16 PM   #53  
Cupcake lover

S/C/G: 270/260/135

Height: 5'5

Darlings, Onederland.

197.6 today
gulfmagnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 12:27 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 235/196.2/179

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for being so welcoming everyone! Stepped on the scale this morning and was pleasantly surprised to see 203. I am determined to get to below 200 before the end of this year which 4 months ago when I started my weight loss journey seemed impossible. Now I'm just looking forward to seeing how much more weight I can lose by the time I go to Disney World in February with my nieces. I had originally hoped to get to 200 by then, but now I am sure I will be (hopefully) far below that. Just trying to hold steady to my meal planning for the rest of this month to avoid temptation and making sure that I am walking, walking, walking to get my step count up for the inevitable treats that I eat over the next couple of weeks.
SnoozelRu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 03:54 PM   #55  
|| Casey ||

Traveller: Thank you, and wow...that is AMAZING progress!!! It makes me wonder where I would be right now if I hadn't fallen off the bandwagon this summer and essentially lost nothing for 6 months after having to relose the resulting weight gain, since we were on a very similar path this year. I was 297 last Christmas. So, you're my inspiration right now because I have some catching up to do!

Martine: I'm glad you're starting to get your energy back, even if your cold is persisting. Try to stay warm and get rest when you can!

gulfmagnolia: Congrats on reaching ONEDERLAND!!!

SnoozelRu: I hope you are able to join gulfmagnolia in Onederland soon!

Finally back down to my low on the 6th with a weigh-in of 217.2 today. I hope I am completely done with that bump/stall now! I have less than a week left of my DietBet that ends on the 18th, and I still have about 1.8 lbs more to lose to be one of the winners. As long as I start moving along normally now, that should be no problem. This week's stall has me nervous!

Week Two
12: 217.2
13:
14:
Total Loss for Week Two:

Old 12-12-2017, 03:54 PM   #56  
On Medifast 5 & 1 Plan

S/C/G: 365/284.2/200

Height: 5'9

Congratulations, gulfmagnolia! You must feel awesome hitting that milestone.

I'm sorry to hear that you are still sick, Martine. Hopefully this week will be the end of your cold. It sounds like you are on the way there with your energy levels coming back up.

My week is going well. I weighed in at 306.6 today, so I am feeling quite confident now that I will reach my goal of getting to 299.9 by January 1st. It's only six measly pounds away. I was tempted today though at a retirement lunch for one of my colleagues. There was cheesecake and chocolate cake that looked so delicious. And my colleague who was sitting right next to me got a huge slice of the chocolate cake and I definitely almost caved. I have always had a sweet tooth, so that was a real struggle. But in the end I didn't cave, and reminded myself that I can have cake in the future after I hit my goals. Who knows, I might not even want to eat cake by the time I get to my goal weight. So, I'm proud of myself for that little non-scale victory today. We have our office holiday party on Thursday and I'm going to need more of this willpower dust to get me through that. Pray for me. lol.

Last edited by SweetEpiphany; 12-12-2017 at 03:56 PM.
SweetEpiphany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 08:59 AM   #57  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

SweetEpiphany nice job on the cake avoidance. As a fellow Medifaster, I can relate to the challenges of the office celebration meals. My strategy was to go light on my fuelings for the day to give myself a little more wiggle room. You are doing fantastic, so I know you'll win today!!

Martine, sorry to hear you're still not well. I truly hope things improve soon.

GulfMagnolia YAY for ONEDERLAND!!! You must feel over the moon!! Congratulations!

OpheliaPhoenix try not to be too hard on yourself for falling off the wagon. Life is full of 'what ifs' and we can't live there. I'm saying this as much for myself as for you. Good reminder of where you were at this time last year. I was over 300 so I need to celebrate that.

As for me, still being active as much as I can. The weekend was tough because it became clear my friend will not recover. I did a Scotch tasting in her honour. I had bought a tasting set from Glenfiddich with the intention of sharing it with her when she was going to come visit this past fall, but life got in the way and her trip was called off. Now, we'll never have the opportunity. I didn't eat that poorly and this week's weigh in has me down 1.2lbs, which I will happily take.

This Sunday I drive north to spend a week in Canada and unfortunately visiting my elderly parents won't give me too many opportunities for activity. If I were to go out for my daily walk, neither of them could join me and this is their time, so I will enjoy their company and not stress about my step count. On the Monday, however, I was supposed to have spent the day with my friend. She may still be around and in the palliative care unit, so I plan to take the train into Toronto and walk to the hospital in honour of how she and I spent many hours when we were roommates. One spring, when the temperature in February rose above freezing for the first time in weeks, she and I went for a four hour walk throughout the west end of Toronto covering about 10km. Every evening after dinner, she and I would go for a walk around our neighbourhood when we were roommates back in the 90s. It feels appropriate to walk to the hospital from the train station to visit her.

Sorry for the long rant, I guess I needed to talk about her a bit....

Hope everyone has a fantastic Wednesday!!!
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 12:01 PM   #58  

Good morning

Happy Wednesday! I don't know about all of you, but the days and weeks just seem to fly by leaving me feel a bit

gulfmagnolia: on making it to the place called Onderland! Did you have a difficult time removing yourself from the scale because you kept looking at that outstanding number, or did you step on and off repeatedly to make sure the same number came coming up? You've worked so hard and it's fantastic to see that work rewarded.

SnoozelRu and SweetEpiphany: You got this! There is still ample time until the end of the month/beginning of the year. You are THISCLOSE! Finish

Martine: I'm sorry to hear that you're not back to full speed. Continue to treat yourself well and take it easy when you can.

opheliaphoenix: Glad to hear the scale is on the way back down. You've been doing so well so I'm sending you to stay on track and meet your Diet Bet goal!

Laura: What a beautiful way to honor your dear friend. You'll be in my thoughts as you move into a very difficult week. I wish you safe and peaceful travels.

Traveller: What a remarkable job you've done in the course of the year. I'm with opheliaphoenix in asking myself, "what if...?"
My weight is back up two pounds but it's all from eating ***p most of this week. Carrying the responsibilities for me and my staff member on jury duty is taking it's toll. The list continues to grow and I don't think I've been able to get to anything I wanted to this week. It's the circumstances and no one's fault, but it makes for some very unsatisfying work days. I suppose the silver lining is that many things continue to get done. Friday is the last day for finals and the following week I'm taking off Thursday and Friday. I'm looking forward to the break.
Old 12-13-2017, 04:27 PM   #59  
|| Casey ||

SweetEpiphany: You continue to amaze me with your willpower of steel...great job not giving in to such strong temptations!

Laura: Yes, we are both so much better off where we are now than where we were this time last year! Regardless of any bumps along the way. And, we will have all of 2018 to kick some butt and not fall off the bandwagon, so I'm looking forward to that new fresh beginning. Also, I agree about your plan to make your time with your parents about them, so enjoy your time with them and do some catching up at home after your trip, if you have to...and, I love how you will be honoring your cherished memories with your friend by walking to go visit her! I bet she would love that. I hope your visit finds her in better health or at least in comfort.

Curvy: Thank you, friend! And, man...I'm sorry that work has been so rough! I can't wait for your colleague to be able to return to their duties ASAP to give you the much needed break from the extra work load. I hope you enjoy every second of your days off next week!

And now, finally back in the green with my first "real" loss for the week...lol. Weigh-in was 216.6 today. That means I have 1.2 more lbs to lose before the DietBet ends this weekend, and 6 lbs to lose to hit my goal for the month. I feel like - as long as I keep getting little losses here and there as usual and avoid another whole week of stalls - I should be able to get the DietBet done and won...I have a lot of catching up to do to hit my goal for December, though. I might not make that one in time, but I hope to get as close as I can.

Week Two
12: 217.2
13: 216.6
14:
Total Loss for Week Two:

Old 12-14-2017, 01:01 PM   #60  

Good morning

My day started with a little order restored as my one staff member on jury duty unexpectedly walked in this morning ready to begin the work day. The trial wrapped up after a long day yesterday. Now that the it is over he can discuss it; it was a murder case which explains the prolonged trial. Verdicts were delivered yesterday and he said it was a very stressful and tough day for everyone involved. I'm happy he is back and he clearly looks relieved that it is over.

Today is our unit potluck and a couple of months ago we all thought a salad themed lunch sounded perfect. It was early October and still plenty warm outside so of course it did. Now it's cold outside and we're all wondering what we were thinking! Why weren't we thinking soup?! Oh, well, we'll still have a great time and all things considered salad can be a healthy lunch.

opheliaphoenix: on the scale drop. Way to go staying on plan and motivated during the holiday season!

Wishing everyone a great day!