Old 12-18-2017, 04:30 PM   #76  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Curvy: I have some shopping I need to do this week as well, and I am nervous about how crazy it's going to be with all the holiday shoppers out there...hopefully it won't be too insane. Fingers crossed anyway.

Martine: I'm a bigger fan of the new scale as well, lol. I'm glad you got that extra little bit of sleep yesterday...your body probably needed it! Also happy to hear that you're able to start doing some workouts again and saw no gains over the course of your illness. (Oh, and I have toooons of catching up to do on the Christmas stuff...whoops! Haha.)

Traveller: Thank you! I think this week is making up for last week's stalling a little, so I'm happy that it all seems to be balancing out with time. Great job on getting a headstart on your resolutions and yay for new little black dresses!

SweetEpiphany: It definitely worked in my favor! I'm happy to have had that extra night to get my whoosh this morning. And, congrats on hitting a new low for 2017 and having healthy bloodwork results!!! That is awesome!

--------------------------------------

I got a little whoosh today with a weigh-in of 212.0. I didn't drink much water yesterday, so I may be dehydrated and could see a bit of a bump back up tomorrow, but I'm still happy for now, lol. It was just in time for my final weigh-in for my DietBet today as well, which means I would have hit my goal for the bet on BOTH my old scale and the new one...so, that's a relief!

I will report back on how the pot gets split amongst the winners, but I assume it will just be a few dollars on top of the original bet, maybe up to 10-15 on top. We will see. Hope everyone else is having a good day, too!

Week Three
15: NWI --New scale transition!
16: 213.8 --First official reading with new scale.
17: 213.6
18: 212.0
19:
20:
21:
----------------------------
End of Week Two: 216.6
Total Loss for Week Three:

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 07:43 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

and good evening!

It was a beautiful day here! Sunny and cool but not cold and certainly nothing like you're experiencing, Martine! My scale was very kind to me this morning and read 207.6 which is a whole pound down from yesterday. My eating yesterday was good and my dinner fairly light so it didn't surprise too much but I enjoy it nonetheless.

opheliaphoenix: on successfully winning your Diet Bet! See? Not all gambling is bad for you

Martine: Good luck with all your holiday prep! Your recovery came just in time.

Traveller: Your new dress and intimates sound lovely. on your progress. You're going to look so put together!

SweetEphiphany: on the scale drop! While seeing those numbers go down, I was equally impressed with your blood work numbers. They are sure indicators of your increasingly good health.

LauraD7. Join us when you can!

Everyone have a great evening!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 10:00 AM   #78  
Gizmo

Traveller I love watching Christmas displays in the stores as well. You've done extremely well once again this month and congratulations on fitting into that new black dress. A great non-scale victory there!

SweetEpiphany very happy to read that your test results are in the normal range. I too fear diabetes, it runs on my father's side. And then there's heart disease on my mother's side, so I know that at 43, it's now or never for me. Continued success this month, the 200s are calling.

opheliapheonix way to go on the DietBet! But more importantly, way to go on that number on the scale!

Drank a lot more water yesterday and plan to do so again today. Just by exercising I down 700ml in a half hour period (my bottle is 700ml). I could feel my glutes after yesterday's workout, those stairs to our apartment after work last night were tough. Today I did a low-impact cardio workout. I was fading towards the end there. My cardio energy is not where it was but I'll get it back.

17: 40 minutes upper body strength workout
18: 39 minutes lower body cardio workout
19: 37 minutes low-impact cardio

Last edited by Martine; 12-19-2017 at 10:00 AM.
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 04:28 PM   #79  
On Medifast 5 & 1 Plan

S/C/G: 365/284.2/200

Height: 5'9

Opheliaphoenix Congrats on crushing your goals for the diet bet! Wooshes are the best and water really is our best friend on this weight loss journey.

Curvynotlumpy Congrats on losing a pound overnight. You are getting so close to Onederland :

Martine it sounds like you are back in the swing of things with your workouts. I don't know how you do it in the cold weather. It is very challenging for me to motivate myself to workout during the months of December to March.

Last edited by SweetEpiphany; 12-19-2017 at 04:29 PM.
SweetEpiphany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 06:34 PM   #80  
|| Casey ||

Curvy: Nice loss! And, thank you.

Martine: Thank you! Good job on the workouts, especially not being back to 100% yet.

SweetEpiphany: Thanks!

I didn't get to weigh-in until 2 hours passed my usual weigh-in time, and the weigh-in was 211.8, so I think I may have been right about there being a gain today if I had weighed at the normal time. Not sure. Either way, I will take it for today, because I'm feeling pretty low this afternoon after having such a good day yesterday, so kind of on a rollercoaster...I ended up getting into my first ever fender bender while out and about trying to do some last minute holiday shopping, and I was the one who bumped into the other person, so I'm feeling like a total heel right now. Not the best time of year for this to happen, but - since I was the one at fault - at least there wasn't much damage to their vehicle. I'd feel even worse. She just has a cracked tail light and some scuff marks. She was fine, no injuries to either of us, since it was barely a bump. However, the angle was just right on my front end that I pushed in the corner of my bumper all the way, cracked my headlight, and messed up my wheel well cover, which is barely hanging on. Ugh. They were nice about it at least, and now I just have to eat that $500 deductible, because I know our insurance will cover both vehicles just fine after that. Anyway, feeling like a total bum today that I damaged her car and that I made Christmas stressful for us now on our end. Going to go sulk in a cup of coffee and hope tomorrow is a better day.

Week Three
19: 211.8
20:
21:

Old 12-20-2017, 10:24 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 235/196.2/179

Height: 5'5"

opheliaphoenix: Way to go on winning your Diet Bet, I’ve been thinking about trying that out for a while now.
SweetEphiphany: I know how amazing it feels to see those numbers ticking down!

This week has been stressful already and I’m just ready for it to be over . My grandmother ended up in the hospital with chest pain on Monday night and had to have her 14th stent done yesterday. I'm just glad that it wasn't anything more serious. I got plenty of steps in yesterday though because the hospital she is in is on the same campus of the University I work at. So I walked over to see her on my lunch break and then again after work. My lack of appetite when I’m anxious showed on my scale this morning when I weighed in at 199.2, lowest weight I have been as an adult. It might bounce back up as my appetite gets back to normal, but still it was a big deal for me to see myself in Onederland.
SnoozelRu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 04:09 PM   #82  
|| Casey ||

SnoozelRu: Thank you! It was a good incentive for me to keep at it, so I'll probably do another one after all these repairs on the car are paid for and done. Let us know if you try one. And, congrats on hitting ONEDERLAND!!!

Weigh-in was the same today at 211.8, but I weighed in around the same time that I usually do this time, so I'll take that as a good sign.

Week Three
20: 211.8
21:

Old 12-21-2017, 05:37 AM   #83  
Gizmo

opheliapheonix very sorry to hear about your car accident. Hope you are ok. A coworker also had a car accident last week. There's never a good time for that, but it's even worse around the Holidays, when there's already enough stress as it is. And another new low for you, that's exciting!

SnoozeIRu a huge congratulations on reaching Onederland!!!

SweetEpiphany I don't mind exercising in cold weather, as long as I'm not outside.

So I decided that yesterday would be my day off from exercising. But I got up at 4:45am this morning to make sure I got in a workout before work. I have so much to do later on today for our employee Christmas lunch tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great day!

17: 40 minutes upper body strength workout
18: 39 minutes lower body cardio workout
19: 37 minutes low-impact cardio
20: day off
21: 34 minutes upper body strength workout
Old 12-21-2017, 11:39 AM   #84  
On Medifast 5 & 1 Plan

I'm feeling so impatient today. I mentioned on Monday that I hit 302.4 lbs. Well, since Monday the scale has gone up to 302.6 and now back down to 302.2 and I just want it to go all they way down to 301 or 299. Last week I was dropping weight like crazy and lost 4 lbs, but of course this week I'm not. I am so close to TWODERLAND and the anticipation is killing me. I know that I probably sound bratty right now, considering how well I've been doing this month, so forgive me, but I think you all know what it feels like when you are so close and yet feel like you're not there yet. I just need to vent.

Last edited by SweetEpiphany; 12-21-2017 at 11:39 AM.
Old 12-21-2017, 02:49 PM   #85  

and good morning

It's a cold and blustery day here in Northern California. Very deceptive since the sun is shining brightly.

SweetEpiphany: Vent away, girl! Your frustration seems justified since you are so close. I have a feeling in the next few days or so you're going to get on the scale and get the number you've been longing to see.

opheliaphoenix: I'm so sorry to hear about your fender bender but am glad it was just that and no one was injured or hurt severely. It's good that the other person was nice about it, and while the holidays make it more stressful, that kind of reaction can help ease the stress a bit.

SnoozelRu: How's your grandmother doing? Fourteen stents?! Your grandmother has an iron will! What blessing that she's close and is at the university hospital of your campus. I work at a university as well. What kind of work do you do? I work in Student Affairs.

Martine: Great job getting up early and getting your work out in! Sending you that the employee luncheon goes well!
This morning I went to Trader Joe's to do a little shopping. It's not a place I normally frequent but they had a bacon wrapped porchetta roast I wanted to buy and make for New Years. I picked up a few other things as well. We've been closed to the public this week so the quiet and opportunity to focus has been heavenly.

Wishing everyone a great rest of the day!

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 12-21-2017 at 04:47 PM.
Old 12-21-2017, 04:19 PM   #86  
|| Casey ||

Martine: Thank you, and yes they are very stressful. Good job getting that workout in, and I hope your Christmas lunch goes well tomorrow!

SweetEpiphany: I hope you're able to break down into the 200s soon! It's always frustrating to start hovering back up and down right at the threshold of a milestone, no matter how well you have been doing otherwise.

Curvy: I'm glad you've been getting some peace and quiet this week!

Well, I'm keeping up my pattern of seeing a gain at the end of the week...weigh-in was back up a bit to 212.6 today. I think that's from having fajitas two nights in a row after eating the leftovers yesterday, since they are always really high in sodium. Going to drink more water today, because that has been kind of low this week, as well. Technically, my loss for the week is showing 4 lbs, but it's actually more like 2 lbs due to the different scales...but, from here on out, all the week-to-week changes will be consistent and true. The old readings are officially uninvolved past this point! I won't be mentioning them anymore from now on, I promise...lol.

Week Three
20: 211.8
21: 212.6
Total Loss for Week Three: 4.0 lbs. / (2.0 lbs.)

Old 12-22-2017, 11:28 AM   #87  

Good morning

Just dropping by quickly to wish everyone a wonderful day and start to their holiday weekend. I don't know if I'll get the chance to check back in on the thread until next week so in case I don't I hope everyone on this fabulous thread has a joyous Christmas. Safe travels to all who are hitting the roads. Be watchful and take your time. And may all of our be filled with laughter, good food and great company!

I love this thread and I appreciate all the support and kindness you've given to me and to everyone else here each and every day. It's what keeps me coming back.
Old 12-22-2017, 05:41 PM   #88  
Gizmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by curvynotlumpy View Post
Good morning

Just dropping by quickly to wish everyone a wonderful day and start to their holiday weekend. I don't know if I'll get the chance to check back in on the thread until next week so in case I don't I hope everyone on this fabulous thread has a joyous Christmas. Safe travels to all who are hitting the roads. Be watchful and take your time. And may all of our be filled with laughter, good food and great company!

I love this thread and I appreciate all the support and kindness you've given to me and to everyone else here each and every day. It's what keeps me coming back.
If there was a "like" button for a post, I'd click it for this one. Thank you curvynotlumpy for always finding the right words. Enjoy your Holidays!
Old 12-22-2017, 05:53 PM   #89  
|| Casey ||

Curvy: Ditto to everything you said, and I hope you have a happy holiday, as well!

Weigh-in was 212.0 today. Not much else to report, health-wise, but I am excited because my husband is finally coming back home tonight after being gone since the beginning of the month! I have to pick him up at the airport at 10:30ish, so it will be pretty late before we get home since it's over an hour away, but I'm still happy...lol.

Week Four
22: 212.0
23:
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:
End of Week Three: 212.6
Total Loss for Week Four:

Old 12-23-2017, 09:58 AM   #90  
On Medifast 5 & 1 Plan

Happy Holidays everyone! I love this thread and am so glad to have met you ladies.

Hope you all have an enjoyable Christmas weekend with family and friends

It took me a while to get into the holiday spirit, but I'm there now and I'm especially excited to spend time with my sweet little nephew and niece.

I am still working my way to 299 lbs. I weighed in at 300.2 the morning. So, Opheliaphoenix, Martine and Curvynotlumpy you were right. I had a woosh the day after my vent and dropped about 2 lbs. I figure that I will see 299 lbs by the end of this weekend; almost a week earlier than my goal of getting there by January 1st.