Old 12-14-2017, 04:47 PM   #61  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Curvy: I am glad that your staff member is done with his jury duties and is back at work!!

--------------------------------------

Even though I ended up having to weigh-in a little over and hour later in the day today, my weigh-in stayed the same at 216.6...not the way I wanted to end the week, and it makes me nervous that there might even be a bump up tomorrow. I need a whoosh soon to even have any hope of catching up, so keeping my fingers crossed for that. That being said, at least I am ending the week with even a small loss instead of a gain! This was a rough week, scale-wise. I am hoping that Week Three will be a better one.

Week Two
08: 218.2
09: 218.0
10: 218.4
11: 217.6
12: 217.2
13: 216.6
14: 216.6
----------------------------
End of Week One: 218.0
Total Loss for Week Two: 1.4 lbs.

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:58 PM   #62  
On Medifast 5 & 1 Plan

S/C/G: 365/284.2/200

Height: 5'9

Laura, I'm so sorry to hear that your friend's situation is not going to get better. My heart goes out to you especially because the holidays are when we reflect on those close to us and what the new year will bring. It sounds like you are dealing with the situation the best way that you can by doing little things to honor your friend. And you should definitely be proud of yourself for not turning to food for comfort. I'm sure she knows how much you care for her and that you are with her in spirit even if you can't be there in person.

Curvy, what a great surprise that your coworker showed up earlier than expected. There is so much to get done during the crunch time before the holidays. I can relate to working in an environment that is understaffed. We have been down a few people at my office for months and it is taking it's toll on all of us. Hopefully they will make some important hires in 2018, but who knows.

Ophelia, congrats on the loss. I don't know how much water you drink a day, but chugging water definitely helps me after I've had a high salt day. Sometimes the effect is delayed, but the woosh happens eventually. Maybe you can get a woosh before your diet bet ends.

As for me, well, we had our office Holiday party and I survived. I ate vegetables, salad, some deviled eggs and roast turkey. Somehow I managed to avoid all of the desserts and to only drink sparkling water. So all in all that was a great non-scale victory. But it is my time of the month, so who knows what the scale will show tomorrow. This morning I weighed in at 305.4 lbs and I'm crossing my fingers that I don't see a gain tomorrow. Men are so lucky that they don't have TOM to complicate their weight loss goals.
SweetEpiphany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 06:52 PM   #63  
|| Casey ||

SweetEpiphany: I used to be awesome about drinking my water and got between 120-160oz a day before I went off the wagon over the summer, but I have been struggling to get in even the minimum 80oz a day since returning. It's definitely something I need to keep working on! I hope TOM is nice to you this week...and, congrats on another amazing NSV of willpower!

Sorry for the long post today, but I need some advice...

Okay, so I have mentioned that my scale has been acting weird again and getting ready to kick the bucket. Well, today, it showed the same weight from the past few days at 216.6, so I went to check the batteries, just to see if there was an issue and it was just giving me memory readings. The battery compartment had rusty corrosion all in it and at the connectors, so I tried brushing some of that off and reseating the batteries...then, when I flipped it back over, it showed me up over a pound to 217.8, and then had a few different readings back-to-back after that; 217.2, 216.8...nothing consistent. So, I was fed up! I went out and bought a new scale, despite originally wanting to wait until after the 1st of the year to do so. Well, I was weighing in about 3 hours late at that point, so I knew the reading would probably be too low to be accurate for today, but I wanted to see what it said anyway, and the new scale showed me at 214.6. That seemed like a huge difference, but I checked it multiple times and it gave the same reading several times in a row. So, I hopped on the old scale, just to see what it would have said after weighing in 3 hours late, and it was now showing 216.2 lbs. Over a pound and a half difference between the scales, one right after the other. So, I wasn't sure what to log for today. I just with with a "No Weigh-In" since it was a little late in the day anyway. So, I'll pick back up on logging tomorrow.

Should I just make my note of a new scale to explain the difference in reading and then just continue on from that point with the new scale's readings? If it shows the same difference tomorrow, I don't want to feel like I am cheating with a free 1.5 lb loss, but I am kind of hoping it's just a more accurate scale...lol. What do you guys think?

Week Three
15: NWI -- New scale transition!
16:
17:
18:
19:
20:
21:
End of Week Two: 216.6
Total Loss for Week Three:

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 12-15-2017 at 06:58 PM.
Old 12-15-2017, 08:02 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

and good evening!

Ahhhhhhh, Friday at last! Today is the last day of final exams and next week our offices are closed to the public. I cannot tell you how excited I am to get to tasks that have been on the back burner. It's like an itch that needs to be scratched.

SweetEphiphany: You did a great job navigating your office party! Looks like you got in a lot of good protein and which is great. I seem to stay fuller longer when I eat that way. Is it the same for you? And yes, TOM, has a way of being a scale crusher doesn't it? Yet, it's temporary thank goodness!

opheliaphoenix: I've heard other scale tales such as yours. There always seems to be a discrepancy between the new and old weight. Any chance you can drop by your doctor's office quickly at some point and get on their scale? This would give you the most accurate reading I think.

Okay, I'm out of steam for tonight. Wishing everyone a wonderful evening.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 11:22 PM   #65  
On Medifast 5 & 1 Plan

Ophelia, I would take the free loss if I were you because a difference of less than 2 pounds is pretty inconsequential. From what you said about the rust, the batteries, and the readings that were all over the place, your old scale was probably wrong. I guess you could weigh yourself for a few days on both scales and see if the weight difference is always the same. I once had two scales; scale 1 always measured me exactly 1.2 lbs heavier than scale 2. But scale 2 had cool features like a body fat and lean mass calculator. Eventually, I switched to scale 2 because I like to track those things in addition to my weight. I feel like if the difference isn't something like five or more pounds, I would go with the new scale because it might have some technology that makes it more accurate.
Old 12-16-2017, 05:39 AM   #66  
Gizmo

gulfmagnolia so happy for you to have reached Onederland!! Keep it going!

LauraRVA42011 I'm very sorry to hear that your friend's condition didn't improve. What a lovely gesture you did in her honour. Hope your trip up North will go well and that you are taking care of yourself through all of this

SweetEpiphany way to go at that office lunch and your Christmas party! Chocolate cake is a very hard thing to resist. "Surviving", sounds about right around the Holidays.

curvynotlumpy so glad to hear that your colleague if finally back from jury duty. I could tell that the extra work load was starting to take its toll. And I can totally relate to how happy you sound about finally getting to the tasks you've been putting aside all these weeks. Nothing feels better at work than checking off items off your list.

opheliapheonix hoping that new scale works well for you.

I realized that I had not posted in a few days. The work week was a long one, and the snow storm did not help. I think I'm finally over the worst of my cold, though I still get the sniffles and sometimes a dry cough. I'm giving it one more day and will try to exercise tomorrow and see how that goes. I've not felt in control these past two weeks and I hate that feeling. This weekend will be super busy, trying to catch up on everything and finish preparations for Christmas. It's crazy how time flies. Hope everyone will enjoy a great weekend!

Last edited by Martine; 12-16-2017 at 05:40 AM.
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 12:44 PM   #67  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Thanks for starting this challenge, Rennie! Good Luck, Everyone!

SW: 221.4 CW: 219 (- 2.4) GW: 211.4

1. No Weigh In.
2. 221.4
3. 220.4 (- 1)
4. No Weigh In.
5. No Weigh In.
6. No Weigh In.
7. No Weigh In.
8. No Weigh In.
9. 221.8 (+ .4)
10. No Weigh In.
11. No Weigh In.
12. No Weigh In.
13. No Weigh In.
14. No Weigh In.
15. No Weigh In.
16. 221.2 (- .2)
17. No Weigh In.
18. 220.6 (- .8)
19. 220 (- 1.4)
20. 218.4 (- 3)
21. 216 (-5.4)
22. 215 (- 6.4)
23. 214.6 (- 6.8)
24. No Weigh In. Out of Town
25. No Weigh In. Out of Town.
26. No Weigh In. Out of Town.
27. No Weigh In. Out of Town.
28. No Weigh In. Out of Town.
29. No Weigh In.
30. 219.8 (- 1.6)
31. 219 (- 2.4)

TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS:- 2.4 LBS.

Last edited by VickieLou; 12-31-2017 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Add Information and add weight.
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 04:07 PM   #68  
|| Casey ||

Curvy: I'm supposed to be getting a call back from a nutritionist referral (to go over gross vs net cal concerns mostly) any day now, so hopefully I will be able to get into a doctor's office soon due to that. I'm not sure when that will be, but I will report back on how my scales compare to the doctor's scale when I do get that appointment! I'll be keeping the old scale in the guest bathroom, since it still works in general, it is just a little wonky and inconsistent to be used for daily weighing...for that purpose, I needed a much more precise scale.

SweetEpiphany: So far, it has stayed exactly the same in difference the last few times I have tried it...so, I'm just making note of the difference with the first reading and moving on from there, since the weigh-ins will stay consistent after that first transition drop from old to new. Thank you for your input!

Martine: It seems much more consistent, so that makes me feel better about the switch. I also discovered today that it is a much more sensitive scale than my old one when our 3 year old stepped on it and it actually read his weight! (33.2 lbs...lol.) My old scale wouldn't even register anyone or anything that light standing on it. So, that was interesting to see! To get his weight before, we would always have to weigh ourselves, then weigh again holding him, and then subtract the first weight to get the difference of his weight...was kind of a pain, so I think that it's pretty neat that this new scale has the capability to weigh him individually. I'm glad you're starting to feel back to normal, by the way! Hopefully, you will be back at 100% soon.

VickieLou: Glad to see you posting again!

Okay, I'm just making note of my first reading with the new scale and moving on with its readings from this point on. Out of curiosity, I checked the differences in the new vs old scales last night before bed and again today, and both times it was exactly 2.0 lbs higher on the old one. So, that stayed consistent with different weigh-ins, at least. So, my old scale read 215.8 today, but the new scale read 213.8 for the day. Since I am moving onto the new scale as of today, I am going with the second reading...just wanted to make a note of the transition!

One a side note...for those of you following my DietBet experiement, I was wrong about the official final weigh-in being today. Apparently, the DietBet itself ends tomorrow, but they give you the full day of the final day for any weightloss efforts...which means that official weigh-ins will be submitted on Monday! So, that's like getting two extra days I wasn't expecting to have...lol. I would only be 0.2 lbs away from hitting it on my old scale, and I have surpassed my goal on the new one. I'll be using my new scale for the weigh-in on Monday, but - just in case they have any issues with using a different scale, for consistency - I'll be doing a back-up weigh-in on the old one, so I will want to make sure I surpass my goal on BOTH scales.

Week Three
15: NWI --New scale transition!
16: 213.8 --First official reading with new scale.
17:
18:
19:
20:
21:

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 12-16-2017 at 04:07 PM.
Old 12-17-2017, 03:18 PM   #69  
|| Casey ||

Weigh-in was 213.6 today. I'm going to make a point to go on one of my longer walks/jogs today, because I didn't go out Friday and told myself I would do 5 miles last night. I got started late, but figured I would at least get in 3 miles, if nothing else, and then got all the way to the mailboxes around the corner and my FitBit died on me. Now, I know it's about the actual fitness and not about the tracking, but I was frustrated by the bad timing and ended up just going around the block and coming back home. Not going to do that again today. Going to head out, no matter what! I have some catching up to do...lol.

I hope everyone is having a good day!

Week Three
15: NWI --New scale transition!
16: 213.8 --First official reading with new scale.
17: 213.6
18:
19:
20:
21:

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 12-17-2017 at 03:27 PM.
Old 12-17-2017, 04:09 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

I hope everyone is having a peaceful Saturday. Not a lot to report today. I made a quick trip to Target for some every day items and it was interesting to observe folks doing Christmas shopping. Some almost seemed feverish in trying to get things done. Weight remains at 208.6. which is down a little from earlier in the week.

opheliaphoenix: Sounds like you came to a good compromise/strategy regarding your scales. And great news regarding the Diet Bet challenge! It's a day when FitBit's die, isn't it? Been there, done that, but you have a great attitude about getting back out there!

Martine: I'm so glad you're over the worst of your chest and head cold. Illness does take us out of our routines and plans but as much as we don't like it, giving in to getting better and letting ourselves be unwell is often the best thing. Healing becomes the priority. Wishing you well as you wrap up your Christmas preparations.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 04:21 PM   #71  

Following
LauraD7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 05:58 PM   #72  
Gizmo

VickieLou

curvynotlumpy we went food shopping this morning and by the time we were done (around 11:30am) it was getting pretty packed. People do get stressed around this time of year and they lose patience quickly (ask my husband ).

opheliapheonix that is awesome that you are about to surpass your DietBet goal on both scales! I still like the second scale's readings better

I was worried last night as I started coughing quite a bit walking from my brother's to the metro (not a long walk even), but today seems better. It was a great evening at his place, first time seeing his new condo. And the food was delicious and I admit I overate. Though I feel better today, I did sleep almost all afternoon though. My body temperature really drops and if I don't get up immediately to do something, I just fall asleep. But when I got up I decided to try exercising for the first time in two weeks and it went well. I chose an upper body strength workout to limit the cardio effect and because I love lifting weights as well. I'm trying to drink more water too, as I know I've been seriously dehydrated lately. This morning I got on the scale to see what damage these past two weeks had done to me, but thankfully I saw no gain. Hope everyone has enjoyed a great weekend!

17: 40 minutes upper body strength workout
Old 12-18-2017, 07:50 AM   #73  

OpheliaPhoenix congrats on exceeding your dietbet goal! You rock at losing fast (faster than me even!). Even if last week was slightly low looks like this week is off to a good start. I would go with the new scale weight and just note 1.5 lbs is scale difference. Its a negligible amount in the grand scheme of things.

Martine congrats on no gain! I exercise every day and it makes a big difference for me now. Online estimates are that at 175 or so now I burn 1500 calories a day if sedentary is all and I eat 1200-1300 so the 500 I burn walking daily is where the weight loss comes from for me primarily now. I don't want to go any lower on calorie averages really either.

gulfmagnolia yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay on reaching onederland! That was a huge day for me. I was 295 so soon after I hit 100 lb. loss then soon after no longer obese. Now I am working for 160 (no longer overweight for me). Such a great feeling, I hope you feel wonderful and successful too!

SweetEpiphany good job on eating healthy at the party, those places are landmines for most! It will help you be that much closer to your monthly goal I am sure.

VickieLou, curvynotlumpy, and LauraD7 hello ladies, I hope you're having a great December.

I am starting my New Year's resolution early this year and trying to give up diet Pepsi which I drink a LOT of. I read this article http://www.health.com/health/gallery...t-your-heart-0 which motivated me, even though WebMD says its not dangerous. Water seems so much healthier! I thought I would start early so I could have 1 a day if I really want it until the end of the year then quit entirely. Wish me luck!

I've been lagging on my cardio this month a slight bit and just walking at the mall 4 miles a day, no inclines or jogging. I like looking at all the holiday displays and will hit the gym again after Christmas I think. I've exceeded my 2-3 lb weight loss goal this month (at 7.4 lbs lost now) so it hasn't hurt me one bit really.

I fit in a size large little black dress this week and I bought hose and a pretty new bra to wear with it later this week for my mom's birthday. My sister is coming for it too with her grandchildren, so it should be fun! Have a great month everyone.
Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 07:52 AM   #74  
Gizmo

This morning is another chilly one at -22°C (-7°F) with the windchill factor, but tomorrow we'll be above the freezing point, go figure. How are everyone's plans for Christmas going? My cold totally derailed me so I have some catching up to do. I'm trying to organize my time between now and when we have a Christmas lunch for our employees on Friday. Lots of food to cook/pick-up. I got in another workout this morning, this time with more cardio. Coughed a bit but got through it. Have a great day everyone!

17: 40 minutes upper body strength workout
18: 39 minutes lower body cardio workout
Old 12-18-2017, 12:38 PM   #75  
On Medifast 5 & 1 Plan

Opheliaphoenix What a nice surprise that your dietbet has one more day.

Traveller Good luck with your early new year's resolution. I have been toying with the idea of giving up coffee, but I'm not sure I can do it. I typically only drink one 16 oz cup, but I'm still sort of addicted. Lol.

Martine, congrats on getting in a workout after being under the weather for so long and on no gain! Woohoo!

This morning I weighed in at 302.4 lbs. I couldn't believe the scale so I weighed myself four times. This is my lowest recorded weight in 2017 and I think maybe the least I've weighed in four or five years. I'm over the moon. To top it off, I also had some blood-work done at the doctor's last week and my results show that I'm in the healthy range for cholesterol, blood sugar, and everything else! This is a change from about 2 years ago when I was told that I was at risk for developing diabetes. My blood-work back then showed my A1c number was 5.8, which is considered pre-diabetic. Fortunately, my fasting blood sugar was only 88, so I was still in the normal range for that. The 5.8 A1c number scared the s**t out of me and was a huge motivating factor in deciding that I needed to make a lifestyle change if I wanted to avoid diabetes. Finding Medifast has been a game-changer for me. Now my A1c test is 5.2, which is in the healthy range. My fasting blood sugar came down to 82, even healthier than 2 years ago. Needless to say, these number are keeping me motivated to stay on plan because it's not only about the numbers on the scale but my whole picture of health.

Hope you all are having a lovely Monday! :

Last edited by SweetEpiphany; 12-18-2017 at 12:41 PM.