Old 12-06-2017, 01:23 PM   #31  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetEpiphany View Post
I was shocked and angry at God and I did a lot of rage / stress eating. That was a dark time, but overeating didn't make it any better and I had to learn that lesson the hard way.
Wow! SweetEpiphany Your timing to post was impeccable! I got news that she has slipped back into unconsciousness and the roller coaster has started with my mood. I am literally fighting the urge to rage eat and my faith has been shattered lately. I had a respite when she initially woke up as I thought it was a true miracle, but my impatience with wanting her well is challenging for my trust in God right now. Thank you so much for your words! It has given me pause to have faith, trust that things happen the way they are meant to and self-sabotage only harms myself. Again, I cannot thank you enough!!
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 03:51 PM   #32  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Laura: Thank you! And, I love having someone right there on my heels, as well! It always makes it more fun to have a buddy on the same track with you. Good luck with the celebration tomorrow! (P.S. I just read your post to Epiphany, and I am sorry that your friend is struggling again and has slipped back under. I wish her the best and all the strength in the world, and I am glad that Epiphany's post spoke to you in this time of anger and frustration. Hugs. )

SweetEpiphany: I didn't jog the whole 5 miles...just during the first mile. I probably would have died if I did it the whole time! Haha. I will get there eventually, though. Also, you are doing a phenomenal job staying on plan while away for your conference in Texas!

--------------------------------------

Weigh-in was 217.2 today. The second concert that I thought was tonight is actually tomorrow and the other doctor's appointment for the afternoon was moved up to this morning from a call-in, so I won't have any issues heading out tonight! Maybe the universe heard me and moved some things around to make it more possible, haha.

Week One
01: 219.8
02: 220.2
03: 219.6
04: 218.6 -- New adult low!
05: 218.0
06: 217.2
07:
----------------------------
Total Loss for Week One:

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 12-06-2017 at 03:52 PM.
opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:27 AM   #33  
NOOM user

Thanks, OpheliaPhoenix I appreciate the positive vibes. I was talking to my husband about how I have these moments of "screw it, I'm eating a whole pizza" and he said, "I see how great you are doing EVERY SINGLE DAY. Stick to your guns. If you need a bad day, don't deprive yourself, but make sure you're keeping it under control." His support gave me pause to reflect, and today at work is our year-end luncheon, so yesterday I decided to remain focussed on eating balanced and giving myself permission to enjoy today's meal without guilt; I don't want to lose sight of the big picture. I was being reflective this morning at the fact that I have already lost 60lbs, and while I want to continue to lose, I need to be in the moment and celebrate what I have accomplished so far.

Thanks to you all for being here. Knowing someone is out there who 'gets' it is really heartwarming...
Old 12-07-2017, 12:35 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Good morning

I hope everyone is doing well and making it through your week alright.

Laura: I'm very sorry to hear about your dear friend. Sometimes there is a fine line between good and poor health, and life can appear cruel pulling us and our loved ones back and for the between the two. Eating seems like the most natural and justified thing to do and I'm glad you're able to share your struggles and get support here. I'll keep you and your friend in my thoughts.

opheliaphoenix: If you run, you are a runner, there is no debate about it. Now, others may want to make it a debate or argue with that, but ignore them. My last several 5Ks and 10Ks have all been done with the walk-run method and I had LOTS of company. Yep, we are all runners! Sounds like everything is going to work out with the concerts and it won't be so overwhelming.

SweetEpiphany: I was in San Antonio, TX. last spring for a conference and I hear you about the variety of food. It's true; everything IS bigger in Texas! In you can find your way through that, I have no doubt you can tackle any food obstacle.

Martine: How are you feeling? Have you seen a doctor? Congestion is no joke so I hope you're taking care of yourself and that you're recovering.

annbelievesinwhales!

futurehealthyme
TOM arrived on Tuesday just like clockwork. I'm still up 2 pounds in water weight but usually see a swish as I taper off. This is the last week of classes and so with it my time teaching my class and my colleague's who is still on jury duty. Next week is Final's Week and students look both exhausted and excited as winter break is thisclose. We're all looking forward to the work slow down and some rest.

Wishing everyone a great day!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:16 PM   #35  
|| Casey ||

Laura: What awesome - and wise! - words of encouragement from your husband. It is awesome that you have someone so important right there by your side, keeping you focused and making sure you keep a balance between your happiness and your hard work. That is love.

Curvy: That's a good point! I will have to keep that in mind. I hope TOM will be kind to you over the next couple days and that you, your colleagues, and the students are all able to soar through this next week into the winter break with as much rest and sanity as possible, lol.

I feel like I've been keeping a pretty consistent pattern of ending the week on a bump back up most weeks...not sure why that is, lol. However, my weigh-in of 218.0 today still means I am down 2.6 lbs for Week One of December, so I am happy.

Week One
01: 219.8
02: 220.2
03: 219.6
04: 218.6 -- New adult low!
05: 218.0
06: 217.2
07: 218.0
Total Loss for Week One: 2.6 lbs.

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 12-07-2017 at 03:17 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:41 PM   #36  
Gizmo

LauraRVA42011 very sorry to hear about your friend's relapse We're all celebrating your loss with you and I applaud you for being level-headed about everything going on right now. Your husband sounds like a keeper.

curvynotlumpy at my work, we have many employees at the end of their Fall session and you can tell that all they want to do is be done with exams and papers. Will you have some time off during the Holidays? Thank you for asking about my congestion. It's now a full-blown chest cold. I'm going day by day and if it doesn't improve by Sunday, I'll see a doctor.

opheliapheonix you should really be proud of your consistent losses. At least you know with your pattern that after a bump up, the weight continues to go down.

I hope that everyone is enjoying a great week. Nothing to report for me, just trying to get rid of this chest cold. I have the weekend off so hopefully with some rest, things will clear up.
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:45 AM   #37  
NOOM user

Again, thank you ALL for being here. It's not looking good, and I've come to accept it as crappy as it is. I literally am taking things minute by minute now as anything more would be overwhelming.

I was lamenting to my husband how fine the line there is between feeling like everything is manageable to feeling overwhelmed not only by personal issues, but things like the LA wild fires, the hurricane damages to so many parts of the US, to world political instabilities. That's why for me I have to be in the moment just to keep my mental stability.

OpheliaPhoenix congrats on the loss!! For myself, I'm going to be weighing on Wednesdays until I get a sense of how to lose on my new program. The daily rollercoaster is something my mind does not need right now. My husband notes that I'm so hard on myself, and I think not having that visually changing by ounces is good for me. Keep up the good work!!

Martine I truly want you to feel better soon! I know how frustrating it can be to not work out. I'm following what I see as your 'daily' accountability in that you note your exercise/activity accomplishments, and for me right now that is the most consistent measurable thing I can embrace.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 12-08-2017, 12:15 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 235/196.2/179

Height: 5'5"

Long time lurker, first time poster.

December is making me so anxious I weighed in at 204.2 today and am hoping to get under 200, to the magical place known as Onederland by the end of the month. Honestly it would be the first time I was under 200 as an adult and the fact that it is so close is making me crazy.

Hoping to keep things in check for the rest of this week even though I am going to a hockey game tonight, have a holiday party to go to tomorrow, and another holiday event on Sunday.

Just trying to increase my walking and daily step total so I can fit a cookie or two into my daily calorie budget!
SnoozelRu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 01:23 PM   #39  

Good morning

I am very happy that it is Friday. I don't have big plans for the weekend but I am looking forward to some rest. I'm also looking at soup recipes fitting the colder weather. If I can, I'd like to see the movie "Lady Bird" this weekend as well.

, SnoozelRu! I'm glad you finally took the leap from lurking to moving into the neighborhood. Please make yourself at home and post often. This is a very warm and supportive thread.

opheliaphoenix: It's good that you can identify the pattern of your bump up. You're doing a tremendous job and are able to anticipate and work around the slight increase.

LauraRVA42011: It's so good that you have your husband there to talk things out with and help you maintain perspective. It doesn't change the real life circumstances but it might ease the emotional weight a bit.

Martine: Rest, rest and more rest for you, my dear! Continue taking care of yourself and taking it easy.

Wishing everyone a great weekend.
Old 12-08-2017, 03:33 PM   #40  
|| Casey ||

Martine: Hope you're able to get some good rest this weekend and kick that chest cold to the curb for good!

Laura: It can definitely be rough! I hope switching to weekly weigh-ins helps keep your mind in the right place.

SnoozelRu: Glad you're poking out from lurking and finally posting! Welcome. And, good luck with all the festivities coming up!

Curvy: Let us know how the movie is if you go see it!

Hmm...two consecutive bump up days, which isn't super common when I'm on-plan and not on TOM. Weigh-in was 218.2 today. I know it's not much, but still a little frustrating after doing so well for a few days. Maybe my body is playing catch-up? Oh well, I will keep chugging along, knowing that it will start to drop again soon. Maybe even tomorrow! Hope everyone is having a good day.

Week Two
08: 218.2
09:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
End of Week One: 218.0
Total Loss for Week Two:

Old 12-08-2017, 03:39 PM   #41  
On Medifast 5 & 1 Plan

S/C/G: 365/284.2/200

Height: 5'9

Hi everyone. I'm back from Texas and drum-roll please... I lost 3 lbs! Down from 310 to 307 I am shocked, especially because on my last day there, I ate what I thought was way too many nuts (approximately 1.5 cups of almonds, cashews, peanuts, and walnuts) and I figured that the salt and fat would stall any weight loss progress that I had made during the prior 2 days. Guess I was wrong.

It took a lot for me to stick to my Medifast foods when I was surrounded by desserts at practically every meal and comfort foods like macaroni and cheese. Lord, everyone was talking about how amazing the mac&cheese was and I did feel like I was missing out at that moment. But, I'm glad that I did not cave because I'm now one step closer to meeting my goal of being under 300 lbs by January 1, 2018.

I don't know where all this willpower that I have is coming from, but I'm grateful that I have it this time around.
SweetEpiphany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:37 AM   #42  
On Medifast 5 & 1 Plan

S/C/G: 365/284.2/200

Height: 5'9

Hating the scale today. I drank wine yesterday and now I'm up almost 2 pounds. Frustrating.
SweetEpiphany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 01:24 PM   #43  

Good morning

Happy Saturday. I hope everyone's weekend is off to a good start.

Weight is back down to 207.8 this morning. Still higher than my lowest weight a week ago but moving in the right direction.

SweetEpiphany: Yes, seeing the scale up two pounds is frustrating, but I doubt that bump is a true, lasting gain. Years ago one regular poster said that "we are all an experiment of one" and she's right. Maybe the wine was the culprit, maybe it was something else. Weight gain and loss is often unpredictable and puzzling especially when one is doing very well and mostly on track. Don't let this derail you. Keep doing what you're doing and soon you'll be back to

opheliaphoenix: Will do! I'm looking forward to seeing it.
Old 12-09-2017, 03:35 PM   #44  
|| Casey ||

SweetEpiphany: Don't let that detract from how amazing you did while you were in Texas...macaroni and cheese is one of my biggest triggers of all time, so I am in awe of your willpower! I imagine the wine bloat will be very temporary...I always see a gain after any alcohol intake. Drink lots of water today, and I bet it will be gone in no time.

Curvy: I'm glad that both of our gains are starting to move back down.

Still up from where I was, but at least inching back in the right direction...weigh-in was back to 218.0 today. Going to keep moving forward on-plan and hope for a whoosh soon!

Week Two
08: 218.2
09: 218.0
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
End of Week One: 218.0
Total Loss for Week Two:

Old 12-09-2017, 06:20 PM   #45  
Gizmo

SnoozeIRU welcome to this great thread

curvynotlumpy do tell us what you thought of Lady Bird if you make it to the movies. I love Saoirse Ronan and this film is getting rave reviews.

SweetEpiphany you did so well while in Texas. Don't sweat those two pounds, it's a temporary bump on the road to success.

So my chest cold has turned into a head cold. I feel I'm improving each day but I still can't breathe well, so no workourta yet. Hoping by Monday I'll be up to it. Thanks everyone for the kind words. Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend.
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote