Old 12-03-2017, 03:45 PM   #16  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Martine: Thank you! I'm so close I can barely stand it...lol. And, I was the same way growing up -- I got chubby by 3rd grade, and it escalated from there. I lost about 50 lbs my junior year (grade 11, not sure if it's called junior year everywhere else...lol) by just doing tons of walking for school and visiting my grandma and then I ended up getting really sick for a few weeks (almost ended up in the hospital over it), and that was when I hit my lowest weight ever of 167. But, shortly after high school ended, I gained the weight back and have fluctuated WAY up and little down and back up again ever since. Hoping to finally break the cycle once and for all!

futurehealthyme & gulfmagnolia: Wow, nice drops for you both!!

--------------------------------------

I went out for an impromptu date out to dinner with my husband last night before he had to leave for a three week training class on the East coast this morning, and my weigh-in was still back down to 219.6 today...so, I'm happy with that! I was able to enjoy myself, filled up a little first with the salad beforehand, and now I even have leftovers for tonight. Wins all around, lol.

Week One
01: 219.8
02: 220.2
03: 219.6
04:
05:
06:
07:
----------------------------
Total Loss for Week One:

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 07:20 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

and happy Sunday!

I hope everyone has had a good weekend. So, my back aches, I'm bloated, crampy and a little today. Hello, TOM!

Martine: You sound happy. The last three years our transfer center hosts a "Cookies, Cocoa and Cards" event where students can drop by for cookies and a hot beverage (including cider) and make a personal holiday card/s for special people in their life. My contribution is Heath Bar Cookies, M&M cookies, and some lemon bars. I figured that there would be so much chocolate that I wanted a cookie/bar that cut that type of sweetness. Our peers are making their own wonderful assortment that I'm always excited to see.

on the opheliaphoenix, gulfmagnolia and futurehealthyme. What a great way to begin the month!

opheliaphoenix: Isn't it nice to be able to have a meal out and still maintain?! There is a great lesson in that.

LauraRVA42011: How did the food truck navigation go?

Wishing everyone a great evening!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 08:42 AM   #18  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Happy Monday all!!

Martine & FutureHealthyMe the tree turned out great. At one point over the weekend when I was working (I was on call all weekend and did have some stuff I had to do), I was sitting beside it, enjoying the view.

OpheliaPhoenix I did get a good night's sleep on Saturday. We had gone to our event early enough that after 4 hours it was only 6pm and we had a 2 hour drive home. We literally turned in the second we got home and I got a good 8 1/2 hours!

The weekend for me was very successful. I only recorded a 0.2 lb loss, but it's a LOSS, not a gain!!!

Curvy I did okay with the food truck. I had eaten modestly throughout the day and had some calories available. We were at a brewery and I cannot drink beer so I was drinking LOTS of water (courtesy of a nearby fountain and solo cups). My husband and I shared some Duck Fat Fries (tasty) and we enjoyed brisket/gouda melt sandwich. We shared Tres Leches for dessert, and all in all I did not over indulge.

Sunday morning I went out for a 3 mile walk to front load my step count, and hit my goal nicely for the day despite having to work a little. I like to get a good hour of exercise in on a Sunday morning so I can allow myself "still" time to read or play X-Box.

This morning, I had set my Fitbit to vibrate and wake me at 5 and I went to the gym to do the awesome Planet Fitness Express circuit. So, today I just have to keep a little active and get my steps up to 10K and I'm all set!

12/1: 238.3
12/2: 237.8
12/4: 237.6

Hope everyone has a fantastic Monday!!
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 03:23 PM   #19  
On Medifast 5 & 1 Plan

S/C/G: 365/284.2/200

Height: 5'9

Hi ladies -- My goal for December is to get under 300. I'm at 310.2 lbs today and I'd love to be 299.9 on January 1, 2018. And another goal of mine is to be more active on this board.
SweetEpiphany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 03:27 PM   #20  
NOOM user

Yay! SweetEpiphany is back!! I know you can do it!! I think it's a reasonable goal for you to set, and you know that the Medifast program works! Glad you're here!!
Old 12-04-2017, 03:56 PM   #21  
On Medifast 5 & 1 Plan

Thanks, LauraRVA42011. You inspired me to update my signature with 10 lbs loss emoticons. Woohoo!
Old 12-04-2017, 04:18 PM   #22  
|| Casey ||

Curvy: Yes, I agree! I have a much healthier relationship with food now, and I'm glad to be able to find a balance between staying on-plan and some more indulgent nights out every once in awhile.

Laura: That is awesome...good sleep is so important -- and pretty rare for most people these days! Also, gouda is absolutely delicious. One of my favorite cheeses!

SweetEpiphany: Glad to see you back and posting! You've got those goals in the bag...you're gonna kill it!

Well, I hit it...a new adult low!!! Weigh-in was 218.6 today, officially putting me below my prior post-highschool record of 219 lbs. I'm thrilled to now be exploring uncharted waters in weight loss and ready to see where I can go from here! Even if it bumps back up a little tomorrow, I am still happy to see a new number today...lol.

Week One
04: 218.6 -- New adult low!
05:
06:
07:
Total Loss for Week One:

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 12-04-2017 at 04:37 PM.
Old 12-04-2017, 07:42 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

I hope everyone's week is off to a good start. It's a cold, windy Monday in Northern California. My weight today was 207.6 which was kind of unexpected knowing that TOM is on its way.

opheliaphoenix: on the scale drop!

LauraRVA42011: on your successfully partaking and navigating the food truck adventure

Great to see you, SweetEpiphany! You're doing awesome!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 10:21 PM   #24  
I can and will do this!

S/C/G: Goal is to reach 170

Bad day!
Ate crap. What is wrong with me?!?!?
Trying to do better tomorrow.
Happy for all your successes and wishing you a wonderful Tuesday!
futurehealthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 07:11 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 290/242/165

Height: 5'9.75

November 30th Weigh-In: not sure, avoided scale
Month Goal Weight: 230 (or near, missed 1st 4 days)
December 31st Weigh-In:
Total Month Weight Loss:

Week One
01: not sure avoided the scale lol
02:
03:
04:
05:240.0- 1st day starting
06:
07:
Total Loss for Week One:

Week Two
08:
09:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
End of Week One:
Total Loss for Week Two:

Week Three
15:
16:
17:
18:
19:
20:
21:
End of Week Two:
Total Loss for Week Three:

Week Four
22:
23:
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:
End of Week Three:
Total Loss for Week Four:

Final Days
29:
30:
31:
End of Week Four:
Total Loss for Final Days:
annbelievesinwhales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 08:40 AM   #26  
NOOM user

Happy Tuesday!

Had some dark moments yesterday (very close friend was possibly nearing the end of her life) and rage ate. Also had some sugar yesterday so I recorded a slight gain. I recognize and own it though. Later that day there was a miracle and my friend woke from a coma so she is not as near to the end as we had thought. She is not cured and could have a long road ahead of her but I'm grateful that she's not gone yet.

Packing my food for today, I am taking less food than yesterday because it is denser and fits into my caloric allowance. This should be a good test for me because I tend to panic eat when I think what I've brought is not enough. On paper, it should be satisfying. I am making myself listen to my body and not my habits.

12/1: 238.2
12/5: 238.5

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!!
Old 12-05-2017, 09:41 AM   #27  
Gizmo

LauraRVA42011 such a scary moment regarding your friend. Glad to hear the she is out of the coma and sending positive thoughts her way for a good recovery. Rage eating is understandable and recognizing it and moving on is what it's all about.

futurehealthyme there is nothing wrong with you. No one is perfect, today is another day and you have the power to make it a better one.

curvynotlumpy those cookies you made sound delicious. That event is a nice tradition to create for students in your program.

SweetEpiphany you can definitely reach the 200s, you are so close!

opheliapheonix on your new weight!

annbelievesinwhales welcome to this thread

I have been feeling under the weather since Sunday afternoon, so I haven't exercised. Congestion and fatigue do not mix well with physical effort. I'm not surprised that I caught something, we have had so many employees call in sick at work this past week, it's really going around. I'll get over it soon enough and get back to being active.

01: 34 minutes upper body workout
02: 32 minutes HIIT workout
03:
04:
05:

Last edited by Martine; 12-05-2017 at 09:41 AM.
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 03:36 PM   #28  
|| Casey ||

Curvy: Thank you!

futurehealthyme: Today is a new day...knock it out of the park! Yesterday won't matter in the grand scheme of things if you have more on-plan days than off.

annbelievesinwhales: Welcome!

Laura: I am so sorry to hear about your friend! I'm hopeful that her awakening from her coma is a good sign for things to come on her road to recovery.

Martine: Thanks...and, I hope you feel better soon! Rest up and take care of yourself. Being congested is a terrible feeling, so here's hoping it breaks up for you ASAP.

Weigh-in was 218.0 today. I ended up doing 5 miles last night and tried jogging off and on for the whole first mile...I'm definitely no where near a runner yet, but it helped shake things up a bit. I need to work on my breathing a little more, but I can feel the stamina slowly increasing underneath my inability to catch my breath properly...lol. The rest of the weekdays may be a little sketchy trying to get my walks in at all between doctors appointments this afternoon and two Christmas concerts for the kids and the oldest volunteering at a school chorus performance spread out over the next few nights, so I'm glad I went a little extra last night. Hope to find some time to get out over the next few days earlier in the day to avoid not being able to go at all...we will see! I know it's not happening today, but I think I should be able to plan some time for the rest of the week.

Week One
04: 218.6 -- New adult low!
05: 218.0
06:
07:
Total Loss for Week One:

Old 12-06-2017, 08:46 AM   #29  
NOOM user

Thanks for the positive energy all! Here's hoping she continues to improve. I'll be travelling back to Canada mid-month and will be able to see her.

Martine feel better soon! Nothing worse than being sick and messing up your routine, especially as you're trying to get ahead of the inevitable holiday slow-down and relaxed eating.

OpheliaPhoenix congrats on the new adult low!! That is epic! I'm so glad you're back because I missed trying to catch up with you (and you'll always be about 20lbs ahead of me - LOL - until we reach our goals).

AnneBelievesInWhales! Looking forward to you sharing more about your journey!

FutureHealthyMe stay positive! We all have those days. You got this!

Having that weird body day again. Yesterday I ate within my range, got 12k steps and yet my scale went up. ARGH! The only solace (and I know I've said this before) is that my body fat went down by 1% and my muscle mass increased; but still!

I need to figure out a better approach to the scale. When I was doing Medifast, I saw almost daily losses (and the occassional bump back up); now, that I'm not on such an extreme plan, the changes are going to show themselves in spurts and I need to recognize that.

Tomorrow is our "End of Year" celebration at work and the food is being catered. Definitely need to have a strategic approach where I offset the increased macro-nutrients (read: carbs and fat) with my other meals being more protein and greens. Wish me luck!!

12/1: 238.2
12/5: 238.5
12/6: 239.8
Old 12-06-2017, 11:18 AM   #30  
On Medifast 5 & 1 Plan

Happy Hump Day everyone. Laura I truly hope that your friend recovers soon. Seeing a dear friend ill is so hard. I went through something similar when my best friend was diagnosed with an aggressive breast cancer in her 20s. I was shocked and angry at God and I did a lot of rage / stress eating. That was a dark time, but overeating didn't make it any better and I had to learn that lesson the hard way.

opheliaphoenix, jogging 5 miles is an accomplishment. I can barely jog one mile without having to stop, so you are a runner in my book.

I am away from home at a conference for a few days and I don't have a scale here. And the conference is in Texas so you can imagine the food offerings that we have here. Everything is high fat and high carb. Boy, this has been a test of my resolve. Miraculously, I'm still following my eating plan. I brought all of my Medifast meal replacements with me and I'm not eating most of the delicious conference food. I'm sticking to salads, veggies, and protein, but even doing that I'm still worried that even the healthy options are high sodium. I'm making the most of situation and when I'm back home on Friday I'll find out if I gained or lost. Fingers crossed.