Old 11-12-2017, 05:50 PM   #46  
Gizmo

curvynotlumpy happy belated birthday! Did you end up getting that new pair of running shoes? Hope you enjoyed the movie (which one did you end up seeing?). You certainly deserved to treat yourself to a great day

opheliapheonix we just came back from watching Thor Ragnarok and I loved it! Funny you should mention the 80s feel to the movie, David mentioned that its music had a very Stranger Things style. Loved the humour in the film. And some of the visuals were spectacular (for example, the Valkyries). Next for us at the cinema will be Star Wars The Last Jedi.

So I have a thing where no matter which workout I do, I don't really feel sore afterwards, or I feel it just a tiny bit. Well I sure have been feeling the effects of those deadlifts. No pain, just the back of my thighs letting me know they exist. But I used that as an excuse to skip exercising for the past two days and I'm not happy with myself. I've lacked consistency since the beginning of this month and my vacation had a lot to do with it, I just wanted to sleep and relax and felt blah towards the end of the week. I almost talked myself out of working out again today but I managed to get rid of those thoughts and just do it.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.

01: 38 minutes cardio upper body workout
02: 38 minutes HIIT workout
03:
04:
05: 34 minutes upper body strength workout
06: 5.3km walk
07: 5.3km walk
08:
09: 36 minutes lower body workout
10:
11:
12: 36 minutes HIIT workout
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 07:56 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

and good evening!

Just a quick check in as I'm headed out the door. Thank you Martine and opheliaphoenix for the lovely birthday wishes! Opheliaphoenix, my late father also shares my and your DH's birthday! I always felt a little special being born on my dad's birthday. No new shoes yet, but I did go see "Goodbye Christopher Robin" this afternoon. It was touching but also very sad. In short, it is the backstory to how "Winnie the Pooh" came about and the relationship A.A. Milne had with his son, the real Christopher Robin.

Weight is down just a smidge to 208.2. I have tomorrow off so if I don't drop by I hope everyone has a great Monday and start to their week!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 09:07 PM   #48  
Cupcake lover

S/C/G: 270/260/135

Height: 5'5

Curvy Happy belated Birthday! Congrats on your smidge loss. Every smidge adds up!

Facingfacts 20lbs! Woooo hooo!!! Thank you for the sweet encouragement You're doing so great. And let me tell you, seeing that number drop on the scale and all the 20lb losses NEVER GETS OLD!

I behaved this week and still managed to have 2 dinners out with friends. Also exercised 4 days and saw progress! I can't wait to see what this week brings

11/1: no weigh in
11/5: 210.8
11/12: 206
11/19:
11/26:
11/30:

Last edited by gulfmagnolia; 11-12-2017 at 09:11 PM.
gulfmagnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:30 AM   #49  
On Medifast 5 & 1 Plan

S/C/G: 365/284.2/200

Height: 5'9

I had a super busy weekend filled with tempting food and I somehow managed to avoid them, so that's a non-scale victory for me. It's been 4 weeks since I've been back on Medifast and I've lost 25 lbs!!! I'm shocked and can't believe that this is my real life. My motivation is at a peak right now and my goal is to get under 300 lbs by December 31, 2017. I want to start 2018 in the 200s even it is just 299.9 LOL.

Last edited by SweetEpiphany; 11-13-2017 at 11:31 AM.
SweetEpiphany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:35 AM   #50  
On Medifast 5 & 1 Plan

S/C/G: 365/284.2/200

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfmagnolia View Post
Epiphany I feel this deeply. The last two times dieting and losing, I got down to 195 then quit. This go around I promised myself I'd get back out in the world and start dating at 200lbs. Then right around 203lbs, I went off the map for 6 weeks. I've always had mini plateaus and strange fluctuations from my body during dieting, but never have I experienced that sort of mental/emotional block before. You gave me the words! Thank you for sharing. I really hope this time I can break through that 195 and keep going where I belong. I wish you absolutely the best! I can't wait to see your success
I truly believe that we can do it this time. My goal is to get under 300 by the end of 2017. I've started doing visualization exercises some nights at bedtime where I close my eyes and try to see myself under 300 lbs and I talk positively to myself about how I am going to do it. I feel like this is helping me stay on my plan and helping me believe that I can actually do it this time.
SweetEpiphany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 04:07 PM   #51  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Martine: I said the same thing to my husband about the Stranger Things vibe, especially one of the songs that played during the movie...sounded very similar to the ST intro song, lol. And, I agree with the visuals! Loved it. And, good job sticking to your workout yesterday!

Curvy: That is really neat! Must be a good day to come into the world, lol. Hope you're enjoying your day off today!

gulfmagnolia & SweetEpiphany: Great job staying on-plan despite the temptations, you two!

--------------------------------------

Bodies are weird. My weigh-in was back up to 227.4 today after being totally on-plan, including drinking enough water, yesterday. So, I'm thinking that I must have been dehydrated from the prior two days of barely any water/eating out like I thought I might have been...and, now I caught back up and rehydrated the body and so I'm heavier? I don't know, lol. We'll see what happens tomorrow for the end of the week weigh-in! Hoping that it drops again to show at least some kind of loss for the week. If not, I'm sure it will average back out over next week, but still.

Week Two
08: 227.4
09: 226.8
10: NWI.
11: NWI.
12: 226.2
13: 227.4
14:
----------------------------
End of Week One: 228.0
Total Loss for Week Two:

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 06:47 PM   #52  
Gizmo

curvynotlumpy I heard about that movie and how bittersweet the success of Winnie the Pooh was for Christopher Robin as a child growing up into adulthood. Hope you enjoyed your day off today.

gulfmagnolia way to go on working out 4 times this week and seeing such a great number on the scale!

SweetEpiphany you are having wonderful results on Medifast! And you avoided temptations this weekend, that in itself is a huge victory and another step in the right direction. I'm sure you can reach your goal of seeing the 200s soon.

opheliapheonix bodies are indeed very weird when it comes to weight loss. 0.8 is nothing.

I woke up with a pain behind my right knee when I bend it. I've been cautious all day when walking at work, the pain is the same this evening, but again only when I bend my knee a certain way. So I decided to just work on the upper body today and see how I feel tomorrow.

01: 38 minutes cardio upper body workout
02: 38 minutes HIIT workout
03:
04:
05: 34 minutes upper body strength workout
06: 5.3km walk
07: 5.3km walk
08:
09: 36 minutes lower body workout
10:
11:
12: 36 minutes HIIT workout
13: 34 minutes upper body strength workout
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:34 PM   #53  

Default Day 2

Great posts ladies. Day two for me. I ate a salad but had a high carb binge. I can't restrain myself from buying a donut, cake, cookie etc... carvings are off the hook. Gotta think of a strategy for early morning/commute to work. Really struggling.
TaMry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:38 PM   #54  
|| Casey ||

Just a quick check-in, will catch up with any personals tomorrow. Weigh-in was only down a smidge to 227.2 today, so I'm a little bummed I'm ending the week with only a 0.8 lb loss. However, I'm hoping that - when I drop back down from this ill-timed bump up - it will all average out next week with a higher overall loss than usual. We will see. Hope everyone is having a great day! I'm about to head to the dentist for an emergency appointment I set up for today, because I ended up breaking a tooth on the side...keeping my fingers crossed that they'll be able to fix it instead of having to lose it, since it cracked off all the way to the gum. Wish me luck!

Week Two
08: 227.4
09: 226.8
10: NWI.
11: NWI.
12: 226.2
13: 227.4
14: 227.2
End of Week One: 228.0
Total Loss for Week Two: 0.8 lbs.

Old 11-14-2017, 05:45 PM   #55  
Cupcake lover

Tamry I hear you on the sweets. No self control over here, have to very careful and avoid avoid avoid. I wonder when the self control will kick in? Will it ever? Am I doomed to forever run the opposite direction of every Krispy Kreme I see? Ugh. Protein bars have helped me with the sweet cravings. 150-190 calories, but idk about the carbs....have also started eating sugar free jello. Let me know if you have any good suggestions

Ophelia A loss is a loss! You had a drop this week, every ounce counts. Congrats

Last edited by gulfmagnolia; 11-16-2017 at 12:41 AM.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:38 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 300/292/???

Height: 5’7”

Hi all,

I'm new to 3FC and to this forum thread. Over the last year, I've become more and more disgusted with my weight and frustrated with how problematic it has become in my life. While I have been contemplating doing something about it, I never really did anything, other than continue to beat myself up for letting it get this bad. I was very frightened to step on the scale and deal with reality, and so for the last many months, I've sat in this space of wanting to lose weight but not really wanting to actually do anything about it. Well, something changed on Thursday last week. I finally made the choice that I'm ready and that I'm going to make a change to my lifestyle and eating habits.

I'm no newbie to weight loss plans. I've tried many over the past 20 years, some more successful and others less so. But what I've learned through those past attempts (that all ended up resulting in regain in the long run) is that food tracking and goal setting are essential for me to make progress. So with that knowledge, I'd like to join a group that can help keep me accountable, a group where I can share my goals, and successes.

My week 1 goals:
1) Get over my fear and weigh myself
Done. I weighed in at exactly 300 lbs. Eeek.
2) Download a tracking app
Done. I downloaded My Fitness Pal to my cell phone.
3) Record my food and water intake completely for 1 week.
Working on it. I've recorded everything 5 days straight since downloading the app.

Last edited by logo; 11-15-2017 at 11:40 AM.
logo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 03:56 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Hi Logo. Welcome to 3FatChicks. It seems that you have a good plan in motion and you have come to the right place to help implement it. Lots of people here in the same boat, and looking for support.

Hope you have a positive experience here.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 04:00 PM   #58  
|| Casey ||

TaMry: I agree with gulfmagnolia on the protein bars...they have some very sweet options out there, and they will help curb your appetite a bit further into the day. You could try some of the more decadent flavors to see if they scratch that sweet tooth itch for you and help start your day off a little better.

gulfmagnolia: I would definitely take a small loss over a gain, so I agree!

logo: Welcome! MyFitnessPal has helped me immensely...hope it continues to work just as well for you.

--------------------------------------

Weigh-in was 226.2 today, so that puts me back to where I got down to on the 12th. Hoping to keep moving down from here.

Week Three
15: 226.2
16:
17:
18:
19:
20:
21:
End of Week Two: 227.2
Total Loss for Week Three:

Old 11-15-2017, 08:30 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

and good evening

What a crazy week. I was out on Monday for my long birthday weekend and came into work on Tuesday with what I thought was a clear calendar. Nope One of my staff had to report to jury duty and has not been selected or released. It's a murder trial so the jury selection has been long. He has to report again on Monday when they process new jurors. With things being up in the air we are making contingency plans. Instead of a free Tuesday to catch up I ended up teaching his course and had a number of different unexpected meetings fill up my day. This is the first chance I've had all week to sit down and write.

to 3FC logo! It looks like you have a reasonable and strategic plan set out for yourself. I'm completely biased but we're a great bunch here. Please post often!

opheliaphoenix: I agree, a loss is a loss! How's your tooth feeling? I've been down that road before and it is no fun. When my tooth chipped it left the filling exposed. It was winter and remember that every so often when I was outside a the air would hit it just right and it make my eyes water. It was until I got it properly crowned.

TaMry: I don't necessarily have a sweet tooth but I find myself indulging more often than I'd like. The one sweet that really doesn't do anything for me is candy. The last time I really lost weight I was truly committed and managed to banish my sweets cravings within a week. Once I saw the weight coming off it was added incentive to stay away from them. Good luck on finding a strategy that works for you. You got this!
With all the running around my weight has remained steady. I feel like a cat chasing my tail this week so I won't complain.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 12:44 AM   #60  
Cupcake lover

Logo Welcome Weighing in was a particularly unhappy time for me at first, especially that very FIRST weigh day....tragic. But then the numbers started to fall and I got addicted. Some days still aren't great, even on the losing end. But from the start I had a host of lovely ladies here on 3FC encouraging me and reassuring me that: The weight WILL come off, you WILL be happier, you ARE doing amazing beautiful things!!! Just keep with it! It is so hard to start. It is daunting to step on the scale sometimes. Don't give up! We're right along with you

Epiphany You got this! I really feel that you will surpass your New Years Goal

Curvy Woah you got your hands full! I'm sure you will handle it gracefully, as you always do! But remember to take a beat for yourself (even if you have to hide in the bathroom to get 5 minutes peace)

Last edited by gulfmagnolia; 11-16-2017 at 12:51 AM.