Old 06-27-2017, 01:37 PM   #46  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Vladadog: Nice! What a great accomplishment! You should be so proud!!

Ubee: How sweet!

PacificaBee: Gazpacho sounds so good! What a great recipe. You have to love it when it makes lots, but little calories.

Lilion: Frustrating, yes. But you are still winning, I'll second that!

Frances: Hope you get in to the doctor soon. That's no fun!

Dread: Hang in there! Hope you get some rest soon!

For me, not much to report. I'm just trying to keep on track. I'm doing ok, but the weekend wasn't helpful. Even though it is a big weekend coming up, I'm going to try to remain steady. Went to Body Pump this morning. Spin tomorrow.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 02:50 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Hey Everybody!

Have been swamped, swamped, swamped with work, so I haven't been around much. Just checking in and I see so much good news!

Vladadog ONEDERLAND!!!!! That is absolutely awesome. May I be the first to officially announce that you are TINY! :-)
[
B]Diane[/B] Good job with keeping up with your workouts and resolve for the weekend ahead!

Pacifica I love gazpacho! Was just thinking about making some yesterday.

Lillion So great that you are hanging in there!

Frances Good luck wth the doctor's visit.

Dread Busy is hard. Hope it's good hard, not bad hard! Hang in there!

So, what's up with me? The whole month of June was more or less of a weight loss bust. It started with me driving across the country with my daughter, which led to a lot of French Fries. Since then, I've been sort of in and out, but the super-duper good news is that i finished June one pound lower than the day I started the road trip, so I regained none and lost one more-- I feel like that's progress. I'm down a total of 28 since January. Not great, but it could be worse. On another note, I've still been following along with the possibility of going through the weight loss surgery. Went for my psychological evaluation, and I was told, not surprisingly, that I'm not a good candidate for the WLS due to my "disordered eating". So, I'm completely and totally aware that the big contributor to my weight gain is that I have binge eating issues and I tried to be as honest as possible with the psychologist. Her recommendation was therapy as she said that the WLS would most likely not work over time for someone with my psychological profile. Don't know if that was good or bad news, but it did force me to contend with the idea that I may need to take a different approach. So, that's about it for me right now. I'm feeling really good about not regaining, losing a little bit, and not bingeing at all. So, a win! And I'm hoping to buckle down and get back to losing now.

Last edited by ubergirl; 06-27-2017 at 02:51 PM.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 02:13 AM   #48  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

Uber - Driving cross country without a significant gain is a real NSV in my book. And then to end the month down a pound is really impressive. I don't know if the WLS thing is good or bad news but it is nice they aren't just pushing surgery as the be all and end all of weight loss options. An honest eval is really valuable and mabe that'll help you figure out your next steps.

Slash - Weekends are hard and holidays are harder. I think we'll all sneak back to our scales with a worried look around about July 10... I'm working the Fourth so I'll be spared many temptations though (plus getting holiday pay... win-win for me)

Ubee - thanks for the congratulations! I hope thinks are going well even though you aren't around much.

Pacifica - Last time i weighed daily. This time it's once a week (ish) and I don't even have a regular weigh in day because of my weird work schedule. It's just a morning after I've had a good night's sleep. I am losing at about the same rate as 6 years ago but I have to say it's much less stressful not weighing every day. Weightloss isn't linear but daily weigh-ins tend to reinforce the need of linearity and i think the juxtaposition is a bit crazy making.... at least for me, anyway.

Lilion - 20 pounds down is totally a win! And like Frances noted: weight loss is not linear. The blip ups wouldn't bother me near as much if i just knew why. Still, even with the blip ups there's a slow and steady stream of lower numbers - those are what to focus on!

Frances - I hope your doctor's appointment is soon and he has some answers for you because a long stall when you are doing a good job being on plan just plain sucks.

Dread - extra shifts last week and this one so I totally hear you on the "exhausted but alive". I hope there is light at the end of that work tunnel. It's summer! Our all too brief summer. And I hope you get to get out and enjoy it. Good job not gaining huge amounts while being crazy busy.

Thanks for the congratulations on reaching Onederland! I look forward to returning the sentiment for all of you sometime this year! It was only a one pound loss but psychologically it is so much more. Fitting into my new shorts is also a biggie. I wear men's jeans cuz I just like the fit better and I've worn Levis 560's for a decade or more. At my biggest I was a 48 but these shorts are 38's - so five sizes smaller - but like the move to Onederland the change from size 40 to size 38 is so much more than just one size smaller.

I'm pretty excited about both. But still have my eye on 150 eventually. Slow and steady.....

Last edited by Vladadog; 06-28-2017 at 03:23 AM.
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 10:13 AM   #49  

Just a quick pop-in. Trying to stay on target, trying to get in my exercise, trying to keep my eye on the prize...trying trying. I'm TIRED. My hubby and I are just the worst at getting to bed at a reasonable hour. I swear, if I could just get 7 hours - 8 is better - every night I'd be SOOO much better off.

Oh! I totally forgot my NSV! Sunday I wore a pair of dressy jeans to church...jeans which have been in the back of my closet for AGES - at least a year if not two. Instead of the Woman's 24 I bought at Dress Barn last time...(Same style, but those literally fall off now) the old ones are a 20! They're a stretchy 20...but fit like they were made for me!

So yeah...new old clothes! Don't you love closet shopping? LOL

Last edited by Lilion; 06-28-2017 at 10:14 AM.
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:12 PM   #50  

Good morning, everyone!

I have arbitrarily decided only to read the most recent page, at least for today, as I am still completely and overwhelmingly swamped at work. I worked until 11:30 p.m. yesterday, was back at 8:00 this morning, and am still not even close to surfacing for air. But I couldn't let a third day post-cruise go by without a check-in here.

Lilion - I DO love closet shopping! I am thrilled when I can lose enough weight to fit clothes that I used to love wearing. And a jump from 24 to 20 is INSANE, if you believe the paper towel theory (which I totally do). Huge congratulations. And I am all about trying to get enough sleep. If it weren't for weekends, I don't think I would ever see 8 or more hours. In fact, I recently had a week where my Fitbit told me I only averaged four hours of sleep a night. Ugh.

Vladadog - :c arrot::dan ce::danc e: :cheer :
ONEDERLAND! So much congratulations to you!

Uber - So glad to see you! And to hear your great news on June maintenance. Glad you were open with the psychologist. I did therapy for a while, and it was helpful. I hope that you find it useful as well. And I am with you. I was pretty lax the last part of June. I haven't weighed for a while. Perhaps I should join you in "buckle down July."

Diane - The weekends are so challenging. Holidays -- which almost always celebrate food, it seems -- can be even tougher. Glad you're back at Body Pump and spin, though. Your fitness is always inspiring.

Ate too much on the cruise. Didn't walk/dance nearly as much as I had hoped. But had a good time. I am back on track as of yesterday. I will weigh tomorrow, if I get a decent night's sleep. I have had two very low sleep nights in a row, and the scale is always unkind when I haven't gotten enough sleep.

So glad to be back here, though!

Last edited by LaurieDawn; 06-28-2017 at 01:59 PM.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 01:18 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/132

Height: 5' 3.5"

Hi All

Nice to see a lot of people popping in to say 'hi'.

I had a great week on the scale! I lost -drum roll please- ... 3.6 pounds this week!! Huzzah! My crazy TOM weeks are definitely made up for now. I am hoping to hit my -10lbs/month goal for June, but only have 48 hours in which to meet it by losing another half pound, but hey, miracles sometimes happen. I find it so amazing that I am losing at the same rate as last time, but without any exercise at all. Weight loss really is all about what you put in your mouth (but of course I know fitness is mostly about exercise. I never claimed I was getting fit HA!)

Laurie so sorry to hear about the tough time at work. I get a couple of days like that a year and they are the WORST. Hang in there

Lilion YAY old,smaller clothes are the best clothes IMO. I have a chest full of stuff I haven't been able to fit into for YEARS that I am hoping I will be in by this time next year. Good on you

Vlad I don't know if it would be less stressful for me, or more stressful not knowing what is going on with my weight on a daily basis. I will say that I love being able to look back on my daily 2010 numbers and see that my body is following the exact same pattern of loss as the last time, so I feel fine seeing it go up and down. I also think that seeing it up on any given day makes me work a little harder that day on staying on track. I think I would have less stress on the one hand, and more on the other, if I switched to weekly. Oh the trials and tribulations our brains put us through when it comes to issues of the body

Uber 28 pound loss is nothing to sneeze at! Go pick up a 10lb bag of potatoes next time you are at the store and imagine that x3. You are awesome! And I am happy to hear your road trip didn't get out of control for you.
Pacifica Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 02:03 PM   #52  

LaurieDawn...I'd asked what the paper towel thing was, but I couldn't wait and googled it. LOL

It's funny, because I took my first "progress" photos and really, I can't SEE any difference that 20 lbs made. But those pants sure show that it exists. I've got a T-shirt that I bought from our office wellness committee (buy a shirt and agree to take a 15 minute walk each week and you get to wear it with jeans on Wednesdays). When I bought the shirt, I got my boss to agree I could wear a department polo shirt until it fit, because it was too tight. I mean, it physically went on my body, but I would never wear a T that tight in public. I'm wearing the shirt. So while my eyes don't see it in photos...I can feel the loss in clothing, big time.

The important thing is you don't keep eating like you are on a cruise and that you had a good time!

Pacifica!

Last edited by Lilion; 06-28-2017 at 06:06 PM.
Old 06-28-2017, 02:25 PM   #53  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey all. Just a quick post. I'm needing to take off on Friday for a friend's funeral, so I need to get stuff done today and tomorrow. Just wanted to say hi to all.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 07:10 AM   #54  

Height: 5'7"

Hey all! Still here and plugging along. A little NSV for me: I've really let things slide in the past week because, as I've been telling myself, "It doesn't REALLY matter because I can't lose weight anyway until I get to the doctor. So might as well skip the veggie and have some carbs..." A very slippery slope indeed. I had a couple of 1800 calorie days, and it was surprisingly difficult to get back to a proper mindset. But I wrenched myself back without doing any real damage. Phew! Hope to get an appt with the naturopath within the next 2 weeks. Then I can finally get some answers and, hopefully, start losing again.

LaurieDawn, now I'm going to have to look up that paper towel thing! Glad you had a good time on your trip.

Slashnl, Sorry about your friend!

Lillion, isn't that a great NSV? The scale might lie, but clothes never do! Have fun shopping in that closet!!

PBee, congrats on your great loss!

Ubergirl, road trips are TOUGH. And I hear you about the disordered eating. I had a friend who had the surgery despite her disordered eating issues and it was a nightmare for her. After a ton of physical pain from her binge attempts she ended up moving her addiction to shopping and smoking. Are you going to talk to a therapist? Anyway, not bingeing is a huge victory - especially when you're out of your comfort zone!
Frances123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 05:44 PM   #55  

Good afternoon!

Long work day, and it feels like it's just getting started again.

Pacifica Bee - I am so excited for your continuing scale success. I keep thinking that I am going to buckle down and get similar results, but I haven't. Maybe I need you to keep proving to me how great it feels to keep achieving. ;-)

Diane - Glad to see you pop in for a quick hello. Hope the work goes smoothly and the funeral is good. Sorry for the loss of your friend. It's always hard.

Lilion - I always wonder why people would ask a question that they could just google and get a much clearer and faster response! Honestly, in the mirror, I still think I look pretty much the same as I did 120 pounds ago. I feel lighter, but even that's quickly becoming status quo. But yes, the clothes remind me that I have lost weight. I wore a size 6 suit yesterday, and was a little dismayed at how loose the jacket was.

Frances - I don't know why, but it often seems like the "wrenching myself back to routine" days rank as the most challenging part of this experience. I think that the really terrible days in terms of nutrition and exercise are just going to be part of it, and can't be eliminated entirely. If I can just get back on track after one or two days of mistakes, I think I'll be good. So, at least in my mind, it's the "get back on track successfully" challenges that are the real key to long-term success. Glad you pulled it off without much difficulty. Hope things go well with the naturopath and that you get things figured out.

I have still not weighed. I overslept this morning and had to rush out the door to make an early meeting. And the workload just continues to overwhelm. But I'm sort of at peace with it. I just am not going to get everything done in the way I would prefer it to be done. And that's just how it's going to be. Sadly.

I need to get fully committed again soon. But I don't think I will just yet. I need to check in to make sure I haven't gained a large amount, but if I haven't, I think I'll just stay casual with it for a bit.
Old 06-30-2017, 10:30 AM   #56  

LaurieDawn...I think as long as a size 6 is loose on you, you don't have to be too concerned about your weight. Granted I have 5 inches on you, but the smallest size I even remember wearing in my adult life is a misses 18...some 16's sometimes. Back then I thought I was fat.

The scale said 284 this morning. So tracker is going to 285 - since I've only seen 284 1x. This pleases me because I haven't been great lately. I won't be today or the weekend either, because I'm eating out and going to our forest property (we have 17 acres off the grid for hunting, etc.) and will be doing campfire cooking. But I will log and own every extra calorie. Going to the Y tonight and work off any extras, hopefully.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!
Old 07-01-2017, 11:12 AM   #57  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Laurie - I lost 100 pounds once and never heard of the paper towel analogy but it is sooooo perfect!

Lilion - I went closet shopping (another "new to me" term that's perfect). Mostly I found too big things to donate to Goodwill but I also found my "goal jeans" from last time (I don't think they ever fit last time and certainly don't yet, but I could pull them all the way up! It's so depressing to try on a pair of pants and not be able to get them more than halfway up your thighs....). And I found a pair of size 36 jeans from my low weight in 2011- and they fit! Okay, so they were no doubt super stretched out from wearing them as I regained weight but still, it was nice to squeeze into a pair of 36's.... Anyway, thank you for the "closet shopping" idea.

Frances - congrats on getting back on track. Even if you can't lose right now we all know how easy it is to gain. So pat yourself on the back for taking control.

Diane - I'm sorry about your friend. Saying goodbye is hard but I hope you got to share good memories with other friends.

I was worried about a bounce up for today's weekly weigh in - not because I haven't eaten well but because I know bounce ups can happen and I was only just barely into Onederland. But today was 199.2 so I'm still heading in the right direction.

I'm preparing myself psychologically for the fact the next 50 pounds are going to come off much slower than the first 50. Making healthy food choices is the reality of the rest of my life and the weight loss will eventually follow....
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 12:54 PM   #58  

Good morning!

Vladadog - What you said is really what I needed to see this morning. "Making healthy food choices is the reality of the rest of my life and the weight loss will eventually follow...." The acceptance that the rest of our lives are going to be about consistently making good choices is not a revelation to me, but it is really nice to see the common sense acceptance of it. Thank you. So glad that you didn't have to deal with the bump out of Onederland. It's a challenge to cross back over a milestone the wrong way, even when we know that bumps are just a part of this.

Lilion - I have just accepted that I will always think I'm fat. My thighs will always be thick. My butt will always stick out (which I guess is now a good thing?), but won't be the firm sticking-out because of the amount of cellulite I have. My calves will always be abnormally large. It's just a part of my existence. But I want to move to where I can be chill about it all and be proud of the body I have, regardless of size, regardless of deviation from the "ideal body type," and regardless of the fact that I will never be the fastest or the strongest at the gym. Acceptance is hard. I am super glad that you're embracing that you will enjoy extra calories over the weekend and holiday, doing something to offset the extra calories to a degree, and enjoying life. I honestly believe that this is the key to maintaining the lifestyle long-term, which we all need to do.

Hope everyone has some great plans for the Fourth! Because of my tummy tuck, the extra nine pounds is making my stomach feel very tight again, to the point where laying on my stomach is incredibly uncomfortable. This is both good and bad, I think, with the good part of it being that I am hoping it will keep my weight in check. I buckled down over the weekend, and had some great work-outs and some pretty reasonable calorie days, with the exception of eating too many cookies both days. The cookies are gone. I am going to toss the cake out that is in my kitchen. And I am going to stop eating all this sugar. With apologies for TMI - eating too much too close to bed makes sex less enjoyable than it should be, and even though my calories were still pretty reasonable, I really regretted the post-8 p.m. food.

I could be happy at 154 for the rest of my life, honestly, so I'm not overly concerned about the weight gain. I am alarmed at the trend, though. I seem to have adopted the "I turned a cookie down, so I saved those calories, so I'm doing okay with food today" attitude. In other words, rather than evaluating how much I can eat and still be at a reasonable calorie level, I'm justifying overeating by acknowledging that it could have been worse. NOT a good sign.

So, retreating to a healthier place. I'm really feeling my work-outs lately. I am not nearly as strong as I want to be, but I am recovering strength. I ran both Saturday and Sunday. Two miles on Saturday at about 5.5 mph. One mile on Sunday at 6.2 mph, as a warm-up for my strength training. And I am going to make better food choices. Back to daily goals, though.

1 - NO more sugar today (unless I want my "fake ice cream"). I started the day by eating cookies. It needs to stop now, as do my late-afternoon candy raids on the jars of candy all over my office.
2 - Put together a work-out plan.
3 - Run 2.5 miles today. Still trying to ease back into it, but I know I could have pushed harder than the 2 miles. And run outside.

I do want to get at least four or five pounds back off to ease the tension in my stomach, but mostly I want to learn how to maintain.
Old 07-03-2017, 02:32 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieDawn View Post
I am super glad that you're embracing that you will enjoy extra calories over the weekend and holiday, doing something to offset the extra calories to a degree, and enjoying life. I honestly believe that this is the key to maintaining the lifestyle long-term, which we all need to do.
I agree. Moderation is key and keeping your eye on the ball. After all...if you aren't enjoying life, what's the point of living?

I could eat perfectly, work out like crazy, be thin and fit and live to 100 - and be miserable. I could keep eating junk, sit on my rear and die at 60. All in all, I'd rather eat what I enjoy, work out enough to be healthy, and live to 80.

Sure, if I suddenly developed life-threatening allergies to all things unhealthy, I'd quit eating them and be fine...maybe even quite happy...but short of that? I like food too much to be too restrictive. I've BEEN restrictive before. I've cut out foods I loved and never had a single cookie for months on end. It didn't last! I couldn't keep it up forever. I'd just get so TIRED of worrying about it that I'd just STOP. I've never been a "binger" but my husband is. We were talking about it just yesterday and he said, "I know myself. I could go without any candy or ice cream or whatever for months...then I'd cave and eat all I could get my hands on. OR I can occasionally, once every couple of weeks, have an ice cream or a candy bar and that stops me from craving them to the point of binging." For him and me both, moderation is key. Eating healthy food in reasonable portions and having the OCCASIONAL treat!

It's July 3. I live in the state capital and work for the state. RIGHT outside my window...the food vendors are setting up for our 4th of July festival. At 3:00 - there WILL be a funnel cake eaten. Probably the only one I'll have for a year. I've already gone on MFP and looked up the calories...760. If that means I have to spend extra minutes at the gym or have salad for dinner, so be it.

***Update*** Make that 570 calories! I couldn't eat it all - too greasy! I'm officially over funnel cakes until next 4th of July!

YOU have a great incentive to not overeat and keep the weight down with the surgery actually making it uncomfortable. But with or without that push...you have done SO well and continue to! Yes, women are supposed to have thighs and butts! What constitutes the "ideal body type" changes like the weather. From Kate Moss and "heroin chic" where people all thought they needed to be a size Zero to Marilyn Monroe and pinup girls to the Italian Renaissance painters who's models would be considered obese, it's a matter of perspective. Be healthy and make yourself happy! That's what's important!

Last edited by Lilion; 07-03-2017 at 04:29 PM.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:57 AM   #60  

Height: 5'7"

All right, I'm crawling back today... I totally lost it last week and had a week-long binge. I'd been doing SO well, having no cravings, working my plan...but a series of mishaps just made me lose it.

1) was discouraged about the intermittent flare-up of my medical condition that stops loss. I can't get in to see the doctor until late July...so no loss 'til then, at least.

2) developed tendonitis in my ankle and have to stop going to the gym for a while. That was the biggest blow. I am not from this area and work from home, so not only is the gym my main social outlet, I feel SO GOOD after working out. I have tons of energy, motivation, and not much of an appetite. Days where I do NOT work out = I drag, I'm starving all day, and generally cranky. I also have been fighting a shoulder injury for MONTHS so truly need to just give it a rest for a while too.

3) holiday week! Husband off work, gave in to baking, eating out, etc.

I haven't weighed and I feel terrible, but I'm going to get back on my plan today. Not much else to say, no grand declarations, just...I'm going to keep trying.
Frances123 is offline   Reply With Quote