Old 08-10-2017, 12:04 PM   #136  

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Diane - Totally love your flexibility and your determination. You can continue to be a great mom without sacrificing your self-care. Hope you are able to get to spin class this evening, and that it is fantastic.

I met three of my four goals yesterday. I did eat some candy, but that was because I literally got stuck at my office until 8:30 p.m. I had stayed late (until about 6:30) to make up for my day off, and they closed off the street I needed to exit to from the parking lot where I was parked. I did allow myself to eat some candy, but I also went for a walk after. All in all, my Fitbit told me I walked/ran 15.04 miles yesterday. And the scale is headed back in the right direction.

So, goals for today:
1 - Sneak out to the gym to lift weights.
2 - Work hard when I'm at the office.
3 - Get my 20K steps in.
4 - No candy at the office. I will allow myself candy tomorrow, though. Maybe my compromise will be that I can have candy once a week late Friday afternoon. Maybe that will stop my constant sugar roller coaster.

Hope everyone has a great day today!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 02:42 PM   #137  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Laurie: Yeah, I think it was ok to have a little candy! Glad you made most of your goals, and the ones for today look good.

For me, I did take the spin class last night. It was tough, but the instructor is fun. She makes you laugh while you're sweating!! I went to Body Pump this morning. I won't be running tonight because I have stuff to do at home. But hoping I can make it to Body Flow in the morning. I need to stop talking myself out of going!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 10:57 AM   #138  

Diane - Just you and me, baby, for the last few days! Hopefully, that changes, but I love reading your daily posts. Glad you rocked it at spin class Wednesday night, and Body Pump yesterday morning. Hope you were able to make Body Flow as well, and that you have a plan in place to conquer the always-challenging weekend!

As for me, I ate pizza last night, but only a (smallish) slice and a half. The bigger problem was the frozen waffles I consumed waiting for the pizza. =) But I didn't go out of control, and was restrained the rest of the day. This morning, I woke up hungry, and really wanted to eat more waffles. Instead, I opted for some raspberries and have consumed about 25 ounces of water, as I think dehydration triggers hunger pains for me sometimes. Feeling better overall. I hit "goal" in January, if "goal" is defined at 160 pounds. Since that point, I have been 160 or under. Sometimes, I feel like I should be where I want to be and have maintenance figured out. I am not anywhere close to that point. I am still yo-yo'ing. Still feeling out of control with food. I am still thinking about resuming therapy. For now, though, I think I am just going to stick to 3FC accountability and logging daily goals. I did not get to the gym yesterday. Got a last-minute invitation to a happy hour with "important" people, so I went to that instead. However, I did hit 24.5K steps yesterday.

On a side note, someone told me about a law school classmate of mine who lost over 100 pounds "just by walking three miles every day." Ummm... I don't know if I actually believe that, but even the thought is incredibly frustrating. I can gain weight very quickly, even if I consistently walk 5-10 miles every day, which I do. But I am resisting the urge to fall into the self-pity trap again. All of us have our challenges. I would much rather be challenged by my food addiction than a heroin one. Right?

Goals -
1 - Make good nutrition choices. Husband and kids are otherwise occupied this evening, so should be easier.
2 - Go for an early afternoon run. Try to get some weights in too.
3 - No candy until 4:30 p.m.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 08-11-2017, 01:22 PM   #139  
Diane

Yeah, Laurie, it looks like it is just the two of us right now. Hopefully we'll have some company soon. It is interesting to me what you've been going through, even with getting to where you want to be weight wise. You always think that once you reach that point, you're going to be so happy and life will be great. But I can also see that what has happened with me - from regaining weight even from just a brief relapse - I'll have to stay diligent forever, when I finally get to where I need to be. So, at least take comfort in that I am trying to learn from what you're doing. I appreciate your insight so much.

For me, I'm hoping for a reasonable weekend. I have some company coming, but I'm going to keep myself from losing all control. That is the plan!
Old 08-13-2017, 02:08 PM   #140  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

I just noticed that the two daily weigh in threads in the 100 lb Club channel are also pretty dead this month... I only hope people are managing to stay on track while busy being busy...

Wow Laurie, I am amazed at your high daily steps amount. Getting 10k is hard for me, even if I do over half of those on work time. These days I'm not wearing the fitbit (I hate it in hot weather) and I think the phone grossly undercounts (and the fitbit tended to over count). And compared to Diane, too. Both of you guys are so good about getting exercise. I'm such a slacker compared to you guys.

Right there with you on the sugar battle though. Good days, bad days. I haven't had all out binges but every day is a challenge.

Sugar aside, I'm really happy with my overall eating. Even though I want to lose about 50 more pounds right now I'm staying focused on just eating "normal" - eating like I think I will eat for the rest of my life. Saying no to ice cream, cookies, chocolate, or potato chips will always be hard and i need to reinforce that "no" is normal. So starting now seems to be helpful.

I'm having issues with my arthritis these days, probably because of my new gallbladder-less life. Walking is pretty painful right now but I'm starting a simple exercise routine which is supposed to help plus I'm taking a bucket load of supplements every day. I've lost 70 pounds without really getting much exercise but I think exercise will be essential to lose the next 50. So painfree walking is really really key.

Keep holding down the fort here and fighting the good fight. I bet in the month many of our prodigal sisters will rejoin us!
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 04:21 PM   #141  

A rare weekend check-in for me, but I'm super glad I did. I will admit, though, that I am mostly procrastinating getting some actual work done. I have a project I want to just get done this weekend. There's no impending deadline, but I am tired of having it on my to-do list.

Diane - I am just really glad that all y'all aren't kicking me out, even though I am super whiny and angsty. I gotta say -- I got no patience for 150-pound women who ask me for "weight loss tips." I actually feel guilty about it. The struggle is real for all of us. But women who are thinner than me asking me for guidance? No. I got nothing figured out, except there is no "secret" or "end date." Gotta fight every day, and sometimes, other things are more important than this fight. I am super grateful for your example of diligence and understanding of the work involved in this.

Vladadog - So glad to see your post pop up! It's interesting about the step count issues on different technologies. I think you're exactly right. Phones count low. Fitbit counts high. So long as I am consistent about the technology I use, though, I find it helpful to continue to track. I am having irresponsibility high step counts. I am neglecting other things to get additional steps sometimes. But I really, really love walking, and am glad that I can run. I hope your health issues resolve themselves. But I am also super inspired by your ability to conquer the food thing. . . pretty much. I know you struggle sometimes, too, but you are able to have great success even without the aid of exercise. I love both your signature line quotation and your observation that saying 'no' to garbage frequently is normal. It is, for lots of people. Just like I don't drink unless I want to drink, I am hoping to reach the point where I don't eat unless I want to. Maybe it will never happen, though.

As for me, I did well until after 10 p.m. last night. Then I ate cookies. Then I ate more cookies this morning until my husband--bless his heart--hid them from me. So, I went for a walk, came home, ate a reasonable lunch, and now I am working (with this little side trip) and pounding water. Ugh. Another day of trying to get back on track, I suppose. But I'll weigh tomorrow, assess the cookie damage, and get on with it.

Hope everyone's weekend is going well.
Old 08-13-2017, 08:52 PM   #142  
Amanda

S/C/G: 272.5/see ticker/172.5

Height: 5'4

Hey, y'all! I had to had a tough talk with myself this weekend, and I'm going to recommit myself starting tomorrow morning. I think I've gained back about five of the 18 pounds I'd lost, and I don't want to back slide all the way and lose all my progress. So I'm charging up my fitbit, and tomorrow starts the stricter eating with taking the stairs and drinking ALLTHEWATER. See y'all tomorrow!
DreadPiratePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 10:17 AM   #143  
Amanda

Quick check-in: I'm at 253.8, which isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Small miracles! Much rather catch myself now, though.

Vladadog, Laurie and Diane: y'all are all so inspiring! Even when everyone else is dead silent, you're all hear plugging away. It always gives me hope when I come back after a few weeks of silence and y'all are still here.
Old 08-14-2017, 11:12 AM   #144  

Good morning!

Amanda - So glad to see your post this morning! Regain is so frustrating. It's great that yours has been so limited, though. And the beauty of having done this before is that we both know how to do it and know that the battle is long and sometimes frustrating, but can be won.

I had myself a total up-and-down day yesterday. I got woken up unexpectedly at 6, so I chose to go downstairs and eat some cookies before going back to sleep. After chiding myself when I woke up at 9:30 (I was up late and it was the weekend - don't judge!), I then proceeded to eat more cookies. Ugh. I finally broke away from the food and took at walk, so I got me a little reset. I didn't eat terribly badly aside from the cookies, but I felt like I was craving food all day, and I will admit to searching for and finding the cookies, indulging in yet another one, before my husband found a better hiding spot for them. Bless him. I did manage to go for a run, though. I didn't want to run, but I kept talking myself into not stopping, and managed to run 4.25 miles in 45:45. And it was ALL psychological. I wasn't having difficulty breathing, and nothing hurt. I just did not want to continue doing it. I wonder how long before it becomes routine. **sigh**

I am tired of working really hard on both nutrition and exercise a majority of the time, and getting no results from it because of momentary indulgences. So, I am going to try to avoid that this week and see if I can dip below 150 again.

Goals for the day -
1 - Run for 5 miles. I have meetings / hearings much of the day, so I am going to try to leave for a run at about 2:30.
2 - Be smarter about food. Know that I am not good at stopping at one.
3 - Get 20K steps today.

Hope everyone has a fantastic week!
Old 08-14-2017, 01:15 PM   #145  
Diane

Laurie: I agree with your sentiment about being tired of working hard on exercise and food planning to have it compromised by momentary indulgences. I am with you on that. But it also sounds like you have a good plan ahead of you. Day by day, that's what we have to do!

Dread: Not so bad! Glad you didn't have too big of a scare when getting on the scale. That's never a good thing! But, you're back and you'll keep moving downward on that scale now!

Vladadog: Yeah, I think you're right. As we get past the end of summer, more of our group will come back and have more time to post! Good for you on getting the eating figured out (other than sugar!!). That's my biggest struggle.

For me, I didn't get to spin class this morning as my niece was visiting this weekend. I think I'll try to go to a class after work. Eating over the weekend wasn't horrible, but could have been better. I didn't get on the scale this morning for some reason, but I will tomorrow.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:10 PM   #146  

Hey all! Wow it’s been a long while since I posted. I haven’t really been busy, just kind of blah and with nothing worth reporting.

First, I’m just so impressed with all of you on the activity! Vladadog said she has problems getting steps in – I don’t even have a 10K goal…mines 7,500…and I don’t get that! In fact, there are days I barely exceed 2000 if I don’t REALLY work at it. Right now, I’m not working at it. It’s noon and I’m below 700. That’s my job…sitting at a desk for hours on end is SO easy. There are days that if I didn’t have to eat, get coffee and pee, I wouldn’t move for 9 hours. My Fitbit sure doesn’t count high. In fact, my husband and I can spend literally the entire day together, doing the EXACT same thing, and he’ll have 2,000 more steps than me. It’s infuriating.

I had a serious plan to get on track starting TODAY. That derailed when I overslept and missed my morning workout, then chatted with my boss at the start of the lunch hour until I realized it was too late to take my walk! At least my lunch is low-cal Zoodles (vegetti?) today. Dinner tonight is also reasonably low-cal. I will try to take at least a short walk after my afternoon hearing.

Even though I’ve been a slug with the exercise, food has been okay…mostly. Enough that I seem to be losing. First, last Friday I showed I gained ½ a lb, but within two days that was showing a drop of 3 lbs…I’m not logging again until next Friday. Let whatever is going on there even itself out. But even with the lack of exercise I’m clearly losing, not gaining…so I must be doing something right.

On the non-weight side of things, I’m planning a short vacay come Labor Day and I’m so excited! We’re going to visit my son, who I haven’t seen in nearly a YEAR! He’s 22, my only child. For various reasons, we’ve had a bit of a strain since about age 17, to the point where we finally had to do some “tough love” which about killed mom….probably much harder on me than him. But last Sept. he moved two states away and while we’ve been in touch, I haven’t seen him in person since. I’m SO happy that he’s finally settled and working and I get to go visit! My only worry is my little dog will decline in the upcoming weeks. We’d have to cancel if that happens and it would just break my heart!

Anyone in the path of the eclipse? We’re in THE place to see it in Missouri apparently. That’s a matter of some excitement around here too.

Gotta run. Work to do.
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 10:40 PM   #147  
Amanda

Hey, y'all! So I officially committed myself to healthy living again today (I refuse to call it a diet, because I'll go crazy if I think I have to be on a DIET the rest of my life). Breakfast was a fruit and yogurt protein shake, lunch was some ham and cheddar cheese, a granola bar, cup of yogurt and a small slice of coworker birthday cake. Dinner was baked BBQ chicken with corn and beans. I'm one bottle of water away from hitting my water goal for the day, and overall, I gotta say I'm pleased with myself. Days like today I can see myself spending the rest of my life doing, eating 99% healthy and allowing myself a taste of something sweet as a treat (but not half the cake like I used to do).

Lilion: I can *totally* relate to just not moving for nine hours. In fact, it's still what I mostly do on my days off. I still on the couch and day dream about how active I could be if I could find the motivation. My condolences again about your fur-baby.

Diane: I pep-talked myself all morning into getting on the scale to be ready for a big jump up! LOL

Laurie: For sure, I think the biggest problem is getting burnt out by the daily grind and knowing that it will LITERALLY never, ever end. That's a tough pill to swallow lol.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:43 AM   #148  

Panda you started off with a bang! Good for you!

I got up and got on the elliptical today. Only got in 15 minutes, but that's 15 more than I've done for over two weeks now. And dinner of wild mushroom and venison ragu (mostly mushroom) is waiting for dinner tonight. So...on track there.

I took the opportunity to measure myself this morning since I was in the clothes I ususally do that in and I haven't since June. I was down 1/2 inch in the bust, 1 1/2 inches in the thighs, 2 inches in the hips! ...and UP 1/2 inch in the waist! WTH is up with THAT?

Last edited by Lilion; 08-15-2017 at 11:47 AM.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:53 AM   #149  

Good morning!

Amanda - Yep. You've hit the nail on the head. It will never, ever end. But I think your description of your new commitment to healthy eating is a perfect example of why that never-endingness of it all seems worse (at least to me) than it actually is. I am not miserable when I eat healthy food. I tend to be uncomfortable, even nauseated sometimes, when I make bad food choices. And being active is 1000 better than getting winded when I walk up a flight of stairs with a colleague and have to pretend that I am out of shape. And having better clothing options is not a hardship. Hmmm... Maybe you've talked me into optimism? =)

Lilion - My job twinner! I know exactly what you mean about it being easy to not get many steps in per day. Especially when things are cranking up, or litigation is on the close horizon, I tend to want to just punch out work and have to talk myself into doing anything more than eating junk food and pounding out legal work, which can be both challenging and enjoyable. Sometimes. But you know how to do this -- to sneak steps in when they're not entirely "necessary" to function, and you'll get back there. If you want to, that is. Seems like you're doing the more important part right, and you're losing the weight. Excited you get to see your son! I have a 21-year-old that I am worried about currently. I know we romanticize about how great it is to be young a lot of the time, but, honestly, I think that age range might be the most challenging to endure.

Diane - Hope you got to spin class yesterday, and that this morning's weigh-in was fantastic. Closing in on hunting season, and it's great to see you continuing to get yourself back to "fighting shape."

Yesterday was actually pretty good for me. I just wasn't tempted to eat stuff that I didn't need. Even at dinner, where I am traditionally starving, I had no inclination to overindulge. I did get completely frustrated over running, though. I intended to go in the afternoon, but when I went to my car for my gym bag, I realized I left it at home, though I had packed it yesterday morning. Re-set to going right after work. Got home, got dressed, then got a text from my ex-husband's wife, who needed to drop by to pick up some stuff for my daughter. Okay. I postponed it, then my husband suggested we go out to eat right when she left. I insisted on still running, but agreed to go for 2 miles instead of 5. A mile in, my son called me with yet another emergency. Ugh. I did get a total of 27K steps in, though, and a reminder why it is important to grab every opportunity that presents itself.

Goals for today -
1 - Run for 5 miles. Leave work at 1:30 to get it done.
2 - Focus in and pound out work until that point.
3 - Make good nutrition choices.
4 - Lift weights with the husband this evening.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Lilion - Went to post and realized you Ninja'd me! Ugh! on the increased waist measurement, and woot! on the elliptical and the good measurements elsewhere. Is it possible you're a bit bloated today? Water goes away pretty easily, if so.
Old 08-15-2017, 02:16 PM   #150  

LaurieDawn, Knew you'd understand the work thing. It really is hard sometimes to just get up and around at work. My Fitbit helps, with the nudging every hour, but unfortunately I'm usually in the middle of a hearing when it goes off and then I forget when it's over 1/2 hour later. I'm a hearing officer, so more like the judge only without the power and respect so I can't just stop the proceedings because I need a little walk. That would be kinda fun though. "We're going to take a short recess at this time and walk 250 steps."

As for the waist...I don't know. One thing I do know is that if I were in a commercial it would be for a totally embarrassing product for irregularity. Part of the reason I never stress a 1/2 lb gain seemingly overnight. So could be many types of bloat. I'll just keep plugging along.

20-somethings...Ugh. Mine has been "difficult" for several years and I've been SO worried about him. When he chose to move two states away...lets just say, it's been rough. I haven't seen him since last September and I can't WAIT to see him. Love him to pieces...but boy has he made my hair turn gray.

Last edited by Lilion; 08-15-2017 at 02:30 PM.