21: no weigh in due to travel
22: no weigh in due to travel
23:

End of Week 3 weight:
Week 3 loss:
Overall loss:
Old 05-14-2017, 08:17 AM   #77  
Gizmo

LauraRVA42011 I understand how you feel about daily weigh-ins stressing you out. The random ups are frustrating. Just stick with your plan and if you think that weighing weekly or every other day will help you, try it for a while and see.

curvynotlumpy hope this work week will be easier for you. I do not like doing appraisals either. I do love training but it took a lot of my time for the past couple of weeks and I've had to stay long hours to do my own work. Thankfully at my own store, I was giving training in the offices so I didn't have to be on my feet all the time. Left tendon pain is in check, thanks to the exercises and ice prescribed by my physiotherapist, but my right knee has seen better days. I'll work through it.

opheliapheonix I hope you are feeling better today and hat next dragonfly is coming soon, I'm sure of it Thanks for suggesting swimming for cardio, but I don't have easy access to a pool and I'm not comfortable in a swimsuit.

Rennie the 170s are calling you!

Happy Mothers Day to all of you beautiful moms. I'm only a mom to Loki, who's sleeping next to me right now. Weight has not moved all week, which can be seen as a good thing (no gain) but not so good (no loss). Hope everyone is enjoying a nice weekend.

01: 254.2
02: 252.2
03: 251.4
04: 250.2
05: 250.6
06: 252.2
07: 252.4
08: 250.4
09: no weigh-in
10: 250.2
11: 250.8
12: 250.8
13: 250.8
14: 250.8
Old 05-14-2017, 12:40 PM   #78  
Cupcake lover

S/C/G: 270/260/135

Height: 5'5

Laura You are MAGIC. How do you face the scale every day without freaking out? I freak out. Clearly you have balls of steel and determination like no other. All it takes is 0.2lbs up for me to start eyeballing the Hershey's syrup....

Martine have you found an exercise that works for you yet?

Went up 2 whole pounds this week, then back down. Staying the course and giving my scale the finger til next Sunday.

April 30th = 256.8lbs
May 7th = 252.0 lbs
May 14th = 251.4
May 21st =
May 28th =
May 31st =

P.S. Rennie I vacuumed out my car last night, in the dark, so no one could see haha!

Last edited by gulfmagnolia; 05-14-2017 at 12:42 PM.
Old 05-14-2017, 02:32 PM   #79  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Martine: I definitely know what you mean about feeling uncomfortable in swimsuits...I'm right there with you. I've always worn a t-shirt over mine, even when we're in an indoor pool. (I actually have to in outdoor pools or I will burn to a crisp, even with constant reapplication of sunscreen. I'm too pale, lol.) I've had the same suit for over 10 years, but it's in pretty sad condition at this point, so I will need to get a new one this year...not looking forward to shopping for one. Even having lost some weight, I am still far beyond where I would feel very comfy and am extremely "doughy" right now...but, I am trying to overcome that discomfort! I'm going to still get one and go swimming, because we deserve to have fun and cool off just as much as thinner people do. Hoping that you can start feeling more comfortable, too! I know it's easier said than done, but it's something we can both work on.

LauraRVA42011: Nice loss for the week, especially considering you were dealing with a little bump back up...great job!

gulfmagnolia: Glad you were able to end the week with a loss, as well!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

My scale must be being nice to me for Mother's Day, because my weigh-in was 226.2 today, lol -- even weighing in on time and after having an early Mother's Day dinner and bowling out with my husband last night where I had a huge black bean & avocado burger and fries at TGIFriday's for a special treat. The sodium was through the roof and calories were still within range, but definitely on the high end, so this was unexpected. TOM seems to be ending today, so maybe it's just the bloat starting to come back down that helped mitigate the damage from yesterday, or - like I said - the scale is just being nice to me. Whichever it is, I will take it! Haha. Hoping I stay down or even keep moving down tomorrow. It was enough to actually show a little bit of a loss instead of a gain for the week, so it was a definite morale booster for me today.

That all being said, that means I get my next dragonfly for hitting 70 lbs down. I will be adjusting my dragonflies to every 10 lbs down now, instead of 5 lbs, now that I am at another whole number. It will take longer to get one now, but it will take up less room that way...lol. Really hoping this sticks!

Week Two
08: 227.2
09: 227.8
10: 227.4
11: NWI - (TOM)
12: 228.2 - (TOM)
13: 227.0 - (TOM)
14: 226.2 - (TOM, ending.)
----------------------------
End of Week One: 227.6
Total Loss for Week Two: 1.4 lbs.

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 05-14-2017 at 02:36 PM.
Old 05-14-2017, 03:20 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Just dropping by to wish all mom's (physical, spiritual and otherwise) a very Happy Mother's Day! Enjoy the day!
Old 05-14-2017, 05:04 PM   #81  
Andando...

curvynotlumpy: Yay on progress! Hopefully you'll be back down to where you were soon, just keep drinking water. It might be a sane but it's hard. I love fruits, I just happen to like sweets a lot more.

opheliaphoenix: Those drops are awesome! See? You are killing it, even after a struggling week!! Go you!! ^_^

---

Hope all the moms here have an amazing day! Happy Mother's day to all of you. <3

Seems like the scale has finally stopped teasing me. Yesterday was a quiet day, not much went on. Today the scale is at 216.3 lbs! And I am more than thrilled about it. I am planning on eating out today, and ramen is known for it's high sodium content, plus this place has no nutritional info available. So I have no idea how that will affect me tomorrow. I'll try to have a light lunch, avoid snacking and drink lots of water.

05/08: 218.7 [+0.4] =/ urg!
05/09: 218.9 [+0.1] ?!?!?!?!
05/10: 217.8 [-1.1] ^_^ Finally!
05/11: 217.6 [-0.2]
05/12: 217.4 [-0.2]
05/13: 216.3 [-1.1] Yay!!
05/14:
Old 05-15-2017, 05:40 AM   #82  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Better day yesterday. Started out with a really good run and was stuck at my computer working for a few hours so I did some yard work later. Got in over 11k steps and felt better than I have for a while. Whatever ailment that put me in bed all day Saturday seems to have passed.

End of week 2 weight:253.9
15: 252.6
16:
17:
18:
19: no weigh in due to travel
20: no weigh in due to travel
21: no weigh in due to travel
22: no weigh in due to travel
23:
Old 05-15-2017, 06:33 AM   #83  

I am new to the thread. I do have over 100 pounds to lose but I am taking it in smaller goals. My first time on MF was Feb 2008 and I lost 87 pounds in 7 months. I had a flare up of hives which was something I have been battling for over 20 years. I was put on prednisone and regained all the weight loss plus more. I restarted MF on May 3, 2017 and I have lost 11 pounds since then. I am looking to join a few discussions to help keep me motivated and hoping to offer support and motivation to others. I hope you don't mind that I just joined in.
Old 05-15-2017, 10:55 AM   #84  
Operation Less Fluffy

Happy New Week!

Welcome CTJGIRL119!

Vlada – Wise words as always!

GulfMagnolia – Congrats on the 5.4 since April 30th!

DayDreamer – Great job on the 216! I bet those inches are melting away, too!

Martine – Hopefully your tendon is on the mend and your knee gets better soon!

Casey – I hope you are feeling better! I know you are super stressed with the move on the horizon. Woohoo on the 226!!!

Rennie – Those 70’s will grace you with their presence soon!

Curvy – Hopefully you had a nice restful weekend! I’m sure you’ll be back where you were before you know it. At least we start going back down instead of up up up.

Laura – Yay on the 11K steps! The daily weigh in does get stressful! It is fun when things are moving in the right direction; not so much when they aren’t.

Last edited by Gemini6; 06-18-2017 at 04:44 PM.
Old 05-15-2017, 05:01 PM   #85  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Casey I can deal with the heat and humidity outside but not inside ... my job seems to have an issue with the a/c units we have 3 and one is always broken. It was freezing in there last week (no one wanted to turn the heat on) and today it was a sauna talk about suffocating ... I have a 13 year old girl (5'10, size 11 shoe) and a 16 year old boy (6'4 size 13 shoe) then there's the other older 3 ... When the scale is wonkie like that makes you question it's accuracy period, hummm??? Casey it's not a bad up and you are doing the best you can to stay focused ... I believe you're doing a fantastic job with all that you have going on. My cycle is hit or miss and I been craving like crazy. I too have the bloat and no cycle yet and don't know if it will actually show up Your focus and goals will keep you going ... I'm sure of it

Curvy, busy Lady sorry about the up on the scale.

Laura, not that you said you would leave the thread but just in case you were thinking about it (and I'm still reading from the 12th) on our intro page it says weigh when you'd like and check in when you can. Please don't allow daily weighing to stress/bother you. Weigh once a week ... it's perfectly fine. For the most part I weigh every other day at times

DayDreamer, not only have I quit so many times, I have started the new thread for the month and never came back. I wish I could say a taste or a bite has ever satisfied me ... nope I'm greedy it just makes me want more and more, smh! You've made a lot of progress And this is the place to rant (vent) so vent away I'm all eyes (ears) Oh and your scale is still moving in the right direction ... not mine

still catching up I'll be back
Old 05-15-2017, 05:42 PM   #86  
Andando...

CTJGIRL119: Welcome!! ^_^

Gemini6: They are, I think... All of my size 16 fit pretty loosely. They weren't super tight before though. I tried a size 14 yesterday and it's VERY snug. It's a different brand of all the ones I am wearing now though... Yay for the loss!!

love2b150: I guess it all depends on my mood. If I am sad or upset or feeling down somehow... I will eat EVERYTHING I find. xD So I am trying to keep myself motivated. Ty for being so sweet!

---

Yesterday ramen was SOOOO good! No regrets. I had a small bowl of spicy miso ramen. Don't love the pork, so that ended up on someone else's bowl. I had a boiled egg and ate 3 small pieces of Karaage (fried chicken). Finished all my noodles, and most of the broth. I had eaten a tiny lunch and just coffee and cheese for breakfast so I was starving.

Drank a lot of water, since ramen has TONS of sodium and I might have had more cheese and a wafer bar before bed. I was totally expecting a gain. But what do you know, 215.8 lbs this morning! Great way to start the week! ^_^

So, my scale is going bonkers. Every morning it shows me like 5 different weights. It usually starts with lowest and builds up. For example this morning:

215.5, 215.8, 215.8, 216.0, 216.2, 216.4, 216.2, 216.0, 215.8... and so on. I just try to choose the ones that pops up the most, but it's driving me CRAZY. It's like this every morning... I might be due for a new scale.

05/15: 215.8 [-0.5]
05/16:
05/17:
05/18:
05/19:
05/20:
05/21:
Old 05-15-2017, 07:46 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Good evening

I hope everyone had a good Monday. Mine was fine and uncharacteristically quiet. Weight was down a bit more this morning to 206.4 so I'm not complaining.

DayDreamer26: Oy, that's a wild ride on the scale! At least it could show a little compassion and be going down instead of up. The nerve! I agree, a new scale may be in order.

love2b150: Rennie, I had no idea you have 5 children. And you think I'm busy??!! I'm in complete admiration.

Gemini6: You sound more determined than ever. I'm sure you'll shed that excess pretty quickly. Good luck with the

CTJGIRL119: Happy to have you here. Congrats on your former and current success. This is a very supportive thread so I hope you stick around and post often.

LauraRVA42011: on the . Very happy you're feeling better.

Have a peaceful evening everyone!
Old 05-15-2017, 09:38 PM   #88  
Cupcake lover

S/C/G: 270/260/135

Height: 5'5

CTJGIRL119 welcome! I'm new here too and these darlings have been so kind and supportive. Happy to have you with us!

Casey Looking forward to your next dragonfly! You're doing great! (Dear God I'd give my right arm for a burger and fries at this point...)

Daydreamer dump that lying snake of a scale

Planning a quick trip to Florida this week to visit a dear friend and my beloved Gulf of Mexico. I'll be working to still get in my daily steps but there will definitely be a trip to our favorite Chinese buffet. Not even sorry �� The weight will fluctuate, and I am mentally preparing myself for it. Have a great week darlings!

Last edited by gulfmagnolia; 05-15-2017 at 11:00 PM.
Old 05-16-2017, 12:05 AM   #89  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Curvy, I don't remember if my scale usually weighs lower or higher. I think my advantage with my weigh in for appointments is that I weigh in when I wake up (my day starts at 10:45pm except for most Monday's/Tuesday's my off night/day) I weigh in between 11pm-11:15pm ... with all that being said after working and doing what I do at work which is all cardio my weight is sure to be less ... Curvy I wish I look back on what has worked for me in the past and do it as I've said before, I can't for the life of me stick with anything it seems so I just attempt to eat properly each day. Some days I'm good, some I'm not . I'm rooting for YOU, Casey and Laura I had a regular Coke for the first time in forever (I don't know what made me buy it) I didn't even finish it (not good at all). I brought it home and one of my boys snatched it up I think. Yep Mother of five here we've always had our own fun house

Casey, I'm only on the 13th, so still reading, nice weigh in hope it stuck Isn't it amazing how the extra rest helps on the scale Casey on 70LBS GONE

Laura, you ended the week well. Good job Sorry to hear you were under the weather, glad to hear you're feeling better

Thanks Martine I did see 179.6 this week but I'm up again 1.9lbs, smh I hoping that healing is coming your way sooner than later my friend hoping you see a loss soon

DayDreamer look at you GO, Good Job M--- you know when I'm here, I'm here Your scale sounds like mine ... then I was thinking maybe it's the floor, idk

LOL gulfmagnolia I cleaned the mess from the care but I still need to vacuum also ... and I'm in the same boat on the scale, up 19lbs, smh. But look at you go, Good job on going back down HA maybe if I didn't always want fries my scale wouldn't be up, geesh burger is ok (no bun)

Joann to the thread Glad to have you here Wishing you the same success you had before

Thanks Gemini , I like that you have a full plan in order. I so need to do that and stick with it ... (one day, hopefully soon ) I am eating better most days though

Last edited by love2b150; 05-16-2017 at 12:11 AM.
Old 05-16-2017, 04:38 AM   #90  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

Welcome CTJGIRL119! What's MF? I don't check in as often as I should here but I do love the accountability here and update my info nearly every day. This is a really supportive group which helps a lot when the healthy choices are hard to make.

Rennie - I didn't realize you also work the graveyard shift. When to weigh-in, when to eat, how to grab just a little more sleep.... I'm four nights a week 10:30pm - 7:30am and 3 nights a week trying to catch up. I'm sure you know of all the studies that show that shiftworkers are much more prone to weight gain and have a harder time losing and keeping it off (Ha! Like it is easy even for people who work day shift!). There are nights I am never full and just want to eat all the carbs. ALL OF THEM! And you can only self medicate with coffee up to a point.

Curvy
- I'm also down to 206. Sooooo close to Onederland.

Daydreamer - try a new battery for your crazy scale. Also, don't weigh on carpet. And flip your scale over and check its little feet. Mine is supposed to have a little rubber disk in the center of the "foot" in each corner. 2 of the rubber disks lost their stickiness and disappeared. The scale didn't feel tippy to me but it was much more accurate once i got rid of the other two rubber disks. The things are about as thick as a penny but it made a difference to the scale like wow.

Casey - congratulations on the next dragonfly!!!

wish I had time for more shout outs! You guys rock! Never give up!
Closed Thread