Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 01:34 PM   #31  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Catching up from my last post

Casey, sorry you weren't feeling well, hope all is well now Nice loss in April GO YOU

Laura, nice loss in April GO YOU

Gemini, I love your positive attitude ... and yay to resisting temptation great NSV

Curvy, you're such a busy person your accomplishments are a book to write my friend I try as hard as I can to rely on my faith with these issues at work. There are a few of us that are fighting the battle there, we will prevail ... thanks for your support as always

DayDreamer, I'm still here, in and out Sometimes just starting the thread then out (smh) Sorry about the ups and downs on the scale but don't let it get you down ... Great JOB on the 8.6lbs GONE and you started mid April

I loss 7.4lbs. I'd like to lose 10lbs in May

To Everyone that I missed I hope you had a successful April whether your loss was small or big or none at all you still hung in there and that counts for something GOOD JOB
Old 05-03-2017, 02:42 PM   #32  
~Rennie

NP Gemini, enjoy your vacation Which plan are you following? Good job on the inches and the loose fitting clothes, I love the sound of that

Casey, already moving down on the scale casey, I've missed a lot, you're moving cross country? WOW! how exciting Casey it's amazing sometimes what a few hours of extra sleep can do on a scale

NP Martine Did you schedule your appointment yet? Ok question answered, glad you're seeing improvements. Good job on the scale.

Laura yay for quick turnarounds

Curvy, I'll tell you, I thought things would get easier as the children got older but my goodness it seems like every time I turn around there is something Curvy it's been in the 50's here when I leave for work, not bad at all after 90 degree days

DayDreamer scale moving in the right direction I need to get off my butt also and start moving more also, we can do this

Traveller, good job on the scale so far

gulfmagnolia, and to the thread ... best of luck to you on your goals and I'll try to do the coke goal with you ... mine is Coke Zero

Nichelle, the middle to the end of April got away from me also. Hoping to do better this month

Vladadog, good job on your walking

PacificaBee, good job on the scale so far

Jean and to the thread. 9lbs is great keep up the good work

futurehealthyme I have a walking partner but we rarely seem to have time at the same time

weigh in this morning, first time for May 184.5
Old 05-04-2017, 08:27 AM   #33  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Upped the activity level and saw a whoosh, yay!! Undid the gain from being sick, which is nice...

Starting weight:253.7
01: 255
02: 254.8
03: 254.6
04: 253.7
05: 256.8 (true carb water weight - did a cheat day and WOW)
06: 256.3
07:
End of Week 1 weight:
Week 1 loss: 253.7 -
Overall loss: 253.7 -

Last edited by LauraRVA42011; 05-06-2017 at 07:03 AM.
Old 05-04-2017, 10:51 AM   #34  
I can and will do this!

S/C/G: Goal is to reach 170

Good morning y'all!
Hope your week is going well and that you are having a great Friday eve
On plan with eating, not as much with the water intake.

Week One
01: 256.5
02: didn't weigh in
03: 255.4
04:253
05:
06:
07:
----------------------------
Total Loss for Week One:

Last edited by futurehealthyme; 05-05-2017 at 11:45 AM.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:15 PM   #35  
~Rennie

Laura yay for whooshes

futurehealthyme that's a great drop, whoosh, GO YOU

I had a nice drop also ... hope it sticks 183.3
Old 05-04-2017, 02:48 PM   #36  
Andando...

futurehealthyme: Thanks! It is really good! You pretty much saute/cook all of the nummy seasoning (onion/garlic/pepper/tomato....) add some water and the fish and let it cook for 10 mins. Most of the fish dishes I know imply frying the fillets so, this one is slightly refreshing. I am glad you are doing so well! You are rocking it!!

love2be150: You are back!!! I hope to see you around more!!

---

I seem to have forgotten to post yesterday, oops. The scale remained the same for yesterday's weigh in. My dinner was a bit on the go... I helped a friend move, and DAMN! did they have to choose the hottest day of the week. At least it got me moving, from a 3rd floor, to another 3rd floor. We were all sweating by the end, so I guess it was some sort of workout. They all went for dinner at a Mexican restaurant, I had packed a lunch box, so I sat in my car eating dinner... xD and then joined them inside. In the past, I'd try to keep my 'dieting' secret, so social outings were kind of difficult, resulting in a lot of bad choices and cheating days. This time around, I have been telling hosts if they mind me bringing a lunch box with me, and of course everyone that asks WHY during the outing/gathering...

Thus far, it seems to have better results. I feel silly sometimes, but at the end of the day... I feel better because I stuck to my calories. I'll usually take several snacks, sometimes even more than the calories I have left, in case I want to eat more/have a craving. I rather eat 'good' snacks than whatever I find where I am at.

Anyway enough rant...

Today.... 220.0 !!!! I am SO happy!! This means from now on... only TWO digits before the decimal point!! [99.8 kg] I have been longing this since I began! Let's keep going down, down, down!

Hope everyone has a great day!!

SW: 221.6 lbs
GW: 213.6 lbs
To Go: 6.4 lbs

05/01: 221.3 [-0.3]
05/02: 220.7 [-0.6]
05/03: 220.7 [-]
05/04: 220.0 [-0.7] !!!!!

Last edited by DayDreamer26; 05-04-2017 at 02:50 PM.
Old 05-04-2017, 04:44 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Good afternoon

I hope everyone is having a good great Thursday. I've been putting in some really long days and weekends so I'm taking a couple of hours off this afternoon to get my haircut. It will do nothing to relieve the bags and dark circles under my eyes but I'm certain it will make me look a bit better and I'll feel better. Weight is up a pound to 206 but TOM has been visiting this week so it's not unexpected. Today I managed to complete the final big task that has been hanging over my head the past two weeks. I'll take a short breather and begin on other tasks with deadlines.

love2b150: Thanks for your kind words. It may be a book worth but I don't think it would attract many readers. I'm in awe of my colleagues and others like you, who work equally hard and also have children and SOs that need attention as well. Sometimes I'm happy to just find two socks that match in the morning! Rennie, 7.4 pounds is fantastic

futurehealthyme: I envy your cooler climate and temps. It's only the beginning of May so even though the warm up is expected, it's really too warm even for here. The good news is that temps are going to drop back down to the 70s beginning tomorrow. Great job on the loss!

LauraRVA42011: getting back on the losing train (and I mean that in the best way possible )

DayDreamer26: Ugh! I dislike moving so much . In fact, the only reason I help others move is so that I have guaranteed help when I need to move With that said, I absolutely believe that moving is a major workout. Also , I greatly admire how transparent you are with your friends. You're exercising and eating healthy, plus, you found away to still socialize without compromising your commitment. I could learn a lot from you

opheliaphoenix: You found a very reasonable way to combat your I wish I could keep my wits about me at those times.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:47 AM   #38  
Gizmo

A big hello to everyone!

curvynotlumpy it feels good when you get to finish a task that was weighing you down. Did you make a change with your haircut or was it more to freshen up your current style? In any case, hope that time off work helped you to relax a bit, you sure are putting in a lot of hours at this time.

DayDreamer26 nice of you to help a friend move and I'm sure that was quite a workout. 220 is an awesome number to see, great job!

Rennie, LauraRVA42011 and futurehealthyme happy for your whooshes

Doing alright this week, have been eating well but have not been drinking enough water. The scale shows 4 pounds down but it's the same 4 pounds over and over again, but at least I'm back on plan eating-wise.

01: 254.2
02: 252.2
03: 251.4
04: 250.2
05: 250.6
Old 05-05-2017, 09:19 AM   #39  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Martine glad you're back to losing. Hope the new meds get you back moving again!

As for me, I had a temporary increase that I know is all water. Yesterday there was a potluck at work and I gave myself permission to have a cheat. I ate a variety of things including the desserts and the sugar hit me really bad. I felt sick and overheated. It was awful! I actually appreciate those learning moments when I reintroduce foods I used to love and they don't have the same power they used to. I also mindlessly ate a 100 cal bag of popcorn and found no satisfaction from it. It's like I'm dipping my toe into new waters and learning what no longer works for me.

Onward and downward!!

Have a great weekend all!!
Old 05-05-2017, 10:12 AM   #40  
~Rennie

typed my post and lost it

DayDreamer I don't want to say I'll be here because then it seems I'll disappear, smh. Good for you on the 3rd floor move. I hope you get a nice whoosh from it Good job on packing your meals and sticking to them. Great NSV Yay to two digits on your scale. Keep up the good work Oh and I love the smile I hear in your post That's the M--- I know

Thanks Curvy I surprised myself last month ... and hard work, you work so hard you make me tired Oh and I hope you took more me time out for yourself longer than a haircut

Martine my friend, I lose and gain the same lbs over and over again also ... but at least we do lose it Good job on getting back on track with your eating ... send that vibe this way and good job on the 4lbs it's still a victory in my book

Laura I you. Keep doing what you're doing ... Onward and Downward ... I wish I could say that I learn from my mistakes made on these journeys but it seems I never do, smh

-----------------------------------------

ME well I technically stayed the same ... the scale moved down .1 and if I don't stop snacking it's gonna move up a few points if not lbs
Old 05-05-2017, 11:00 AM   #41  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Thank's for starting this thread, Rennie! Good Luck, Everyone!

SW: 218.6 CW: 216 (- 2.6) GW: 208.6

1. No Weigh In.
2. No Weigh In.
3. No Weigh In.
4. No Weigh In.
5. 218.6
6. 218.4 (- .2)
7. No Weigh In.
8. No Weigh In.
9. No Weigh In.
10. No Weigh In.
11. No Weigh In.
12. No Weigh In.
13. No Weigh In. Out of Town.
14. No Weigh In. Out of Town.
15. No Weigh In. Out of Town.
16. No Weigh In. Out of Town.
17. No Weigh In. Out of Town.
18. No Weigh In.
19. No Weigh In.
20. 218 (- .6)
21. No Weigh In.
22. No Weigh In. But got back on Carb Cycling plan and calorie counting.
23. No Weigh In.
24. 217 (- 1.6)
25. No Weigh In.
26. 216.8 (- 1.8)
27. 216 (- 2.6)
28. No Weigh In.
29. No Weigh In.
30. No Weigh In.
31. No Weigh In.

TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS: - 2.6 LBS

Last edited by VickieLou; 05-30-2017 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Add Information and Weigh In.
Old 05-05-2017, 11:11 AM   #42  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

When did May Arrive??

Well I have been maintaining like a pro for 2 months So I think I will go no carb once I am back from Germany just to give me a kick up the butt and a boost hopefully. I will be allowed to eat veggies and cottage cheese and fruit, but no bread, rice, potatoes, or stuff like that. Now I am already pretty low in carbs usually compared to before. But I will have a fair amount. So ......... That will be really though.

Will been some inspiration on low carb meals if you have any.
Old 05-05-2017, 11:43 AM   #43  
I can and will do this!

S/C/G: Goal is to reach 170

So, dessert last night and a nice serving of pasta and the water weight is back on. Back to the plan today, one day at a time.
I need to work on motivation and determination, that's for sure. No excuses, my bad choices and I am facing the consequences.
I've got to say, one thing that does seem to help me is looking at before and after pics on the eating plan I follow. Geez, speaking of motivated people: so many success stories!!!
Being here also helps a lot so... thank you so much everybody!

Good luck everyone!

Week One
01: 256.5
02: didn't weigh in
03: 255.4
04:253
05:255.9
06:
07:
----------------------------
Total Loss for Week One:

Martine, same here, same pounds on and off. Let's do this, let's leave the 250's in the dust for good!!!
Good luck, friend!

Last edited by futurehealthyme; 05-05-2017 at 11:47 AM.
Old 05-05-2017, 06:49 PM   #44  
Andando...

curvynotlumpy: Moving is the worst! That is exactly why I do it too... Actually, that's probably why most people do it! I didn't used to be, I used to hide my dieting from EVERYONE, just in case I failed. I have NO IDEA what happened this time xD. It all begun with this meeting we go to EVERY Wednesday, and I thought to myself... This happens on a regular basis right? If I am going to struggle/cheat every Wednesday I won't get anywhere... So I messaged the host and asked if he minded (In case there are people who think it's rude). I did that again on the next social thing I went to... aaaand I guess most people know now. lol I am TERRIFIED, but it does make it a tad easier.
I am sorry your schedule has been some hectic, hopefully you'll be able to get some rest this weekend! Maybe sleeping in for a day or two will help with both the black circles and weight.

Martine: Thanks!! YAY! Back on track!! Keep a water bottle next to you, I find that when I do (and it's within my line of sight) I end up drinking it subconsciously, also refill it as soon as you finish it.

love2b150: Life has been SO hard lately, you have NO idea how good it is to hear you say that. I have barely had ANY motivation, even to do things I love... I said enough and I am trying to -slowly- get back into adulting. Even if that means I have to force myself to do things I like in the first place, until my mood settles. Starting over was definitely not something I was looking forward, but I made myself do it... It's been a week and a half and I am still struggling a bit, but I am still trying and, at times it does seem like my mood has improved. [Sorry for the rant] I am glad you are still here, your optimism is greatly missed in this forum! I hope you can get a hold of your bearing soon.

futurehealthyme: Keep pushing forward, it will not be a straight downhill line... As long as you keep going, the pound WILL come off, that's what I repeat to myself over and over on bad days. So, even if you feel like giving up, or frustrated, keep going... In a month, a year... you'll be grateful you did!

---

Yesterday was FUN! My friend that moved wanted to buy some new furniture, so we went to IKEA with some other friends. I found this AWESOME tennis ball plushy [my dad LOVES tennis]. We had fun! They had some meat balls in the cafeteria, I ended up having a cup of coffee, and the guy that was supposed to charge me, gave it to me for free.

Then we went to the mall nearby, there were 2 stores I wanted to buy from and this mall is the closest ones to me. SO we all hang out at the mall for a bit. Luckily I found everything I wanted, specially this cherry blossom mug that was almost sold out. I had an unwich from Jimmy Johns, Turkey Tom [no tomato, no mayo, cheese, avocado and mustard] and then went with them as they had sushi.

Weigh in today was 219.6!! Thus far no plans for the weekend, so it might be really easy to stay on track...

SW: 221.6 lbs
GW: 213.6 lbs
To Go: 6.0 lbs

05/01: 221.3 [-0.3]
05/02: 220.7 [-0.6]
05/03: 220.7 [-]
05/04: 220.0 [-0.7] !!!!!
05/05: 219.6 [-0.4]
Old 05-05-2017, 08:11 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

and happy Friday!

DayDreamer26: Thank you for explaining your thought process in making your dieting/healthy eating changes public. Making changes is often a challenge because it brings up more questions than it should. You handled it like a pro and it sounds like your particular group of friends or colleagues are very supportive.

Scotsgal: April, where did it go, right?!! We are a third of the way through the year and like you, I'm unintentionally maintaining. It's good for me see others recommitting. I like that you have a plan for after you return from Germany.

futurehealthyme: Your restaurant experience rings oh, so true for me as well. It's not that I'm not in control when I eat out, I just choose high caloric and rich tasting food when I know I could be satisfied with a dish that is less caloric and rich. By the way, I'm a sucker for a great plate of pasta and excellent dessert!

Martine: The same repeated losses get old, don't they? At the same time, they aren't gains. I'm happy you're feeling better and that your is back on track. As for the haircut, it was a trim and I got it colored. I always feel like I have a new head of hair when I color.

VickieLou: Nice to see you!

love2b150: I'm working on that self care, but the haircut was a nice start.
Closed Thread