Old 08-06-2017, 06:18 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Now that we are set up LETS START talking. Days of silence over there.........
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 07:06 PM   #17  

Hi
Maplover here. I have just started following Bright Line Eating from the book. I do not have the resources to join the boot camp...looking for accountability partners.....
maplover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 07:11 PM   #18  

Ok I'll talk....70 years old, divorced, live in FL, heavy all my life. avid exerciser and outdoors person, but need serious help in the food department--definitely addicted to white flour and sugar. Have been slowly losing some weight since the beginning of the year, but am kind of stalled and the thought of buying another loaf of bread when the last one ran out was just sooo sooo tempting the I knew I had to do something. Not sure where I heard of BLE, but I'm all in today. Did really well. In fact dinner was enormous--so maybe I was just not eating enough of the right things at the right time. Will check in here tomorrow with my food plan. What are your stories?????
maplover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 07:14 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplover View Post
Hi
Maplover here. I have just started following Bright Line Eating from the book. I do not have the resources to join the boot camp...looking for accountability partners.....
That is me as well! And I don't think this is about rocket science. Most of it is in the book and I have other things I want to discuss/consider without violating the basic plan which I think is sound AND gives me an opportunity to eat the more vegetarian diet I prefer (part of why I am not sure I could go paleo or LCHF).....I am reading wheat belly right now
Old 08-07-2017, 07:18 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplover View Post
Ok I'll talk....70 years old, divorced, live in FL, heavy all my life. avid exerciser and outdoors person, but need serious help in the food department--definitely addicted to white flour and sugar. Have been slowly losing some weight since the beginning of the year, but am kind of stalled and the thought of buying another loaf of bread when the last one ran out was just sooo sooo tempting the I knew I had to do something. Not sure where I heard of BLE, but I'm all in today. Did really well. In fact dinner was enormous--so maybe I was just not eating enough of the right things at the right time. Will check in here tomorrow with my food plan. What are your stories?????
I would honestly get and read the book. It is very interesting and not that expensive. The program stuff is very expensive but I think we can get there without it. Basically it is a combination of treating our condition like an addiction and giving a fairly restrictive approach to eating that includes (1) significant but not oppressive amount of protein (2) about equal amount of complex carbohydrates and (3) a lot of vegetables [about 20grams a day] and 2 fruits [12 grams] day

The first two weeks I lost 10lbs (which is typical of starting any plan) but did not feel truly hungry and it seems the nutrition is sound and there is no calorie counting which is nice.

I did run the calories through MFP the first week and it averaged between 1000 and 1200 which seems low but, then, there are no empty calories either.
Old 08-07-2017, 07:25 PM   #21  

One thing I don't know is ........ I get the feeling this is a proprietary approach even though it is cobbled together from 12 step programs, the creator's neurobiology background, and the Food Addicts Anonymous diet plan. ..........But I think as long as we are careful not to be sharing PROGRAM materials for anyone who attended the boot camps we should be in the clear. Her own ideas were not necessarily her own to start with.
Old 08-07-2017, 08:20 PM   #22  
anniemaxx

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199.9

Height: 5'3"

I'm in.
I a, feeling very strong minded at the moment. I am 68 and want to go into my sixties fit and fabulous,
anniemaxx
anniemaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 08:21 PM   #23  
anniemaxx

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199.9

Height: 5'3"

sorry 58
anniemaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:15 PM   #24  

And you have already lost 29lbs! I would like to go into retirement at the right weight in 4 years!
Old 08-08-2017, 02:21 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/132

Height: 5' 3.5"

GrannyNancy and MapLover, you have both been added to the Reddit group so can post there. It is a different forum format than what 3fc is, just to give you fair warning
Pacifica Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 02:41 PM   #26  

I actually put several posts there...........and check every day for new posts but have not seen any.
Old 08-08-2017, 03:07 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post
I actually put several posts there...........and check every day for new posts but have not seen any.
It has been quiet. There was really only 3 of us using it very much at first. I personally had to step away from everything for a few weeks to get my head on straight about some stuff. Not sure where the other couple folks are. There are 15 people signed up over there, but after intro posts, most never speak up again which is sad. I think you only get out of forums what you put in. The nice thing about 3FC is that there are SO MANY people here that you are bound to get feedback all the time. There just isn't a specific BLE spot here which is why the other forum exists.
Old 08-21-2017, 04:00 PM   #28  

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone. I just finished reading the book and I have a firm start date after Labor Day. I joined over at Reddit already!
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 09:17 PM   #29  

I found this way of eating from my sister. I have read the book and done the 14 day challenge. I lost 14# in 14 days and then fell face first into vacation and have struggled to get back on track. I would love to join you all for support, I can't afford the boot camp.

I have found that I have had a headache everyday for the past week+ and am hoping that getting back on plan will help eliminate it as well as the pounds. It has been 2 1/2 weeks since my last bright day.

My back story includes a lifetime of yo-yo dieting. In 2010-11 I lost 100# and have successfully put it all back on between 2011-2013. This was not the first time I lost more than 100# and put it back on! I am a 10 on the susceptibility scale, a true sugar and flour addict.

I look forward to connecting with you all, either here or on Reddit
want2run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 12:35 PM   #30  

The reddit forum is not getting enough support but people keep trickling in one at a time which means there is constant moderation/work needed for very little continued good-of-the-group. We are going to shut it because of the lack of continual interest.

There are a couple of good Facebook groups you can join for BLE support and of course you can do the 14 day challenge which may lead you to further support groups. And this thread can be used here at 3FC. Hope everyone is doing great!