Old 03-29-2017, 10:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/295/185

Height: 5' 11"

Default What plan are you following?

I'm sorry if this has already been covered, but what plan are you following?

I was looking at maybe trying low carb, but I've been reading and am worried about doing thyroid damage. I've been hungry/feel stuck when counting calories ... I really just feel lost.

Not a fan of the new WW app or more restrictive plan and years ago I cut out dairy, lost around 50 pounds and then went on the cheese bender to end all cheese benders. I have really struggled with cutting it out again.

So I was just wondering what is working for you? Has it worked long-term?

Thanks!
Emy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 02:34 AM   #2  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

I'm a diehard calorie counter. I use MyFitnessPal and track calories on my phone. Tracking calories helps keep me honest.
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 05:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 288.2/225/160

Height: 5'7"

I followed the Dr. Oz 21 day jumpstart plan and lost 17 lbs. in three weeks. Now I'm trying to modify that plan a bit to add in a little more animal-based protein. Not counting calories yet but will probably have to start soon, depending on how much I modify.
wannablean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 08:41 AM   #4  

Default Calorie count

My fitness pal caloier count to weight loss is a good app?
150shouldbme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 10:19 AM   #5  
~Kim~

I'm eating Keto. Basically low carb. 20-40 net carbs per day. Mostly from veggies and berries, which are lower carb fruits. Just committed to giving up sugar a week ago and so far it's going really well. I did low carb many moons ago and had success, but I didn't stick with it for very long. Being off sugar all together is so much easier than just trying to limit it. Your brain reacts to it like crack and I'm the type of person who cant just allow myself small amounts, it's a slippery slope. So for now, I'm strictly off it. I also have issues with cheese. I'm allowed to have it obviously, but I try to limit it to only one meal a day if at all.

If you haven't already, look up the endomorph body type. I think probably most of us are endomorphs. I most definitely am. You can look up information on what type of diet and exercise plans work best for your body type. If you aren't an endomorph, you can also find the same information for ectomorphs and mesomorphs. Really interesting stuff.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 10:33 AM   #6  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

150shouldbme - I love my fitness pal. It knows the calorie count for most foods and has a barcode scanner so new things are easy to enter. It also knows the menus of many restaurants. And you can enter in recipes you often make and it will figure out those calories as well.
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 09:50 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 319/311/180

I'm doing the Simple Diet by Dr. Anderson. I started on 3/27/17 and have lost 8 pounds so far. I had a rough start getting the hang of it, but I'm now learning to use volume in low-calorie fruits and veggies to help battle the hunger.
hils09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 11:51 AM   #8  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Calorie counting through My Fitness Pal and working my butt off in the gym. I did do some Macro counting at the end of last year, but I started to plateau and needed to go back to calories only.
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 05:58 PM   #9  

S/C/G: SW:245 CW:ticker GW:145

Height: 5'

I also do keto. Love it. I keep my carbs under 20net per day. I use mfp to track

Last edited by Curvycurly; 04-15-2017 at 05:59 PM.
Curvycurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:15 PM   #10  

I don't track calories, carbs, or grams of anything, and I eat what I want with one rule: Half my plate needs to be full of vegetables. Snacks are fresh fruit. Dessert is a small occasional treat, maybe twice a week.
I practice intermittent fasting, which means I keep my food intake limited to a particular time period each day. I eat twice a day: once around noon, and I like to finish eating my second meal around 6:30.
I moved my workouts to evenings because I hate exercising with a full feeling in my stomach. Exercising at around 9:30-10 at night is perfect when the last bite of food hit my stomach no later than 6:30. Not wanting to screw up my workout is the best motivation I've found to avoid late-night snacking.
I really think WHEN you eat is just as important as WHAT you eat. In my case it has made a huge difference correcting the when part.

Last edited by KrissieM; 01-16-2018 at 10:16 PM.
KrissieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 09:38 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 271/209/140

Height: 5'7

I just joined food addicts in recovery which is similar to overeaters anonymous and food addicts anonymous. I started Jan 15th at 271 lbs and now about 10 days later im down to 263.5. I don't eat flour or added sugar or anything processed. It kind of sucks but is also awesome. I eat protein (eggs, plain yogurt), plain oatmeal and fruit for breakfast, protein,veggies and salad for lunch and dinner. I am a little worried I wont be able to keep this up long term but I think at my maintenance point I might speak to a nutritionist about adding some sugar and flour back to my diet to be normal without going overboard.
amanda876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 09:55 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 2??/2??/160

Height: 5'3.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda876 View Post
I just joined food addicts in recovery which is similar to overeaters anonymous and food addicts anonymous. I started Jan 15th at 271 lbs and now about 10 days later im down to 263.5. I don't eat flour or added sugar or anything processed. It kind of sucks but is also awesome. I eat protein (eggs, plain yogurt), plain oatmeal and fruit for breakfast, protein,veggies and salad for lunch and dinner. I am a little worried I wont be able to keep this up long term but I think at my maintenance point I might speak to a nutritionist about adding some sugar and flour back to my diet to be normal without going overboard.
How has the support been like? What is the experience like going to those types of meetings?
StarAnise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 02:38 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda876 View Post
In order to lose weight it is important to follow a plan that you can stick with long term. On the other hand, for many people who are food addicts, adding sugar or flour can initiate a binge. It depends on you individually, and if you can handle adding small portions and keeping it under control. I believe a nutritionist will advise you not to eliminate any food groups. Only you know yourself, what you are able to do.

Good luck to you.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 04:49 PM   #14  

I am following my own plan. It is calorie counting with a twist. Basically I diet for 13 to 16 weeks and stop. Then I eat "maintanance" for 13 to 16 weeks and start dieting again. It takes longer but I find it helps in a few ways.

- my body doesn't go into "starvation mode" because it gets a substantial break in-between where it comes to believe it is not starving. And I start my dieting again at a revved up or normal metabolism.
- when I am dieting I am far more efficient because I am not constantly craving what I can't have and sneaking bites of bad things.
- My diet break allows me to have any foods that I do want. So if while I am on the diet I see an ad for some new thing I want to try, no problem, I just say, I will have that on my break.
- it allows me to plan a diet break during what could be a stressful period. Or if I find myself in a stressful period I can decide to take a break.

The only rule on my diet break is that I cannot gain or go crazy with food.
AnnRue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 10:39 AM   #15  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

I switch it up every few months because I get board. Weight Watcher's, South Beach... I do not do any of them perfectly but take this idea or that from what ever one I am paying attention to at the moment. I mostly focus on practical nutrition and whole foods.
activeadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote