Old 05-17-2018, 12:05 PM   #286  
Maggie

S/C/G: 215/154.2/~111 or so

Height: 5'5"

No movement again. Quelle surprise, non? I even had a dream last night that I stepped on the scale and it jumped up 30 lbs! But the good news is that I put on a pair of shorts today that were a hint squeezy at the start of the month and now they fit OK, so that's nice! My scale has been fighting me tooth and nail, but I'm interested to see what my monthly measurements will be.

Kay: I never thought you were complaining, but rather keeping us updated whether things were going great or were very frustrating. It'd be pretty hypocritical of me to be tired of that because it seems that's ALL I do on here! I may not always have a solution for people's struggles on here (read: basically never), but I can offer support and listen. That's the purpose of this site, at least for me. It's not about always having progress, it's about giving/getting support (even if the support is just a 'man, that sucks!' in commiseration) and having people to talk to about this stuff. So if what you need to do is take a break from this site, then you should do that. But if you're only taking a break because you think you're being a 'Debbie downer,' then I'd urge you to reconsider. I'd rather have you here chatting with us regularly, whether if it's your frustrations or struggles or anything else. We all have frustrations (weight loss is very frustrating), and for me, I'd prefer to share that with others and have them share that with me. But it's up to you.
I found this quote from someone when I was looking through old archived threads. It's helped me somewhat recently so I figured I'd share it. "Have patience. I know it is hard, but even if you feel stalled, things are changing slowly. You'll wake up one day and things will start moving again. I spent about two months at 150. I cheated once during that time... I was so good, but I was just stuck there. My body was happy. Then one day, I started moving again and lost nearly 10 more very quickly."
You can do this, Kay! And I'm glad to have you venting here any day!

Last edited by Chanticleer; 05-17-2018 at 12:06 PM.
Chanticleer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 04:26 PM   #287  

S/C/G: 256/164,2/140

Height: 5'4

OMG I ended up winning that diet bet by the skin of my teeth!! I am sick. My throat is very sore and my ears are bothering me. I also have a very achy body and feel feverish UGH. This is day 2 so hopefully it passes before the weekend comes and goes.

Maggie They also have a few transformer bets that are 6 months long instead of 1. I think they have maintainer ones too once you are at goal. I hope that the scale is nice to you very soon!

kay There are many reasons that the scale might go up unexpectedly. Your body could be preparing to release water weight, you could be putting on muscle, you may be experiencing some cycle related bloat, maybe not enough water lately, maybe too much sodium, etc. You are eating very low calorie wise while exercising a ton, maybe your body is confused. You are doing so fantastically though, don't give up! Maybe you ought to put that scale away for a while. Are you taking measurements?? Please don't stay away because you feel like you are bringing us down. I do the same thing, but I really enjoy reading your posts and I am sure tons of other people feel the same way. You hopefully are starting to feel better, but maybe your body is recovering from being sick and that is why your weight is up. You should totally buy a new scale!!!!!

kfunk6113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 06:39 PM   #288  

kay There is not 1 person on this board who doesn't know how hard you are busting your butt and I am sure that is the same for people that you know in real life. If losing weight and keeping it off was easy then there wouldn't be so many overweight people. I am so excited for the day that you have to step on the scale 5 times to make sure the low weight you see is really there. Ohhhh you should take pictures. That way in a month or two you can compare them and see the changes in your body even if the scale isn't behaving. The scale is probably the least accurate way to gauge results. I have a Taylor scale. It was less than 40 and it has body fat, muscle and water readings as well as a weight reading. I like it.

Old 05-18-2018, 11:00 PM   #289  
Maggie

Same weight. Again. My body reeeeally likes this weight. Well, too bad! It's downward eventually!

Donated platelets for the first time today. I'm going back in a week to donate blood as well as platelets (they wouldn't take blood the first time because they didn't know how I'd react to the process with the machine).

It was pretty smooth sailing. I apparently have an excellent platelet count, especially for a woman, and the phlebotomists were pretty excited by that, apparently. That anticoagulent was a bit of a trip, though! Not unpleasant, just strange. It felt like my torso and my mouth were buzzing! (It messes with your calcium levels and that tingling is a symptom of low calcium - it goes away in like 30 minutes afterward, though).

kfunk: Congrats on making the bet! And what a nice whoosh! You're teetering on the 150s! You may even be through them before I get through these last couple pounds (at the rate I'm going)!
But I hope you feel better soon!
Ooh, I like the idea of maintainer bets. I don't feel as in control of how fast I lose, but I am more in control of how I eat. I'll definitely keep that in mind.

Kay: I never assume people 'aren't trying' just because their weight isn't going down in a timely fashion. Mine has legitimately spent almost an entire month at the same dang weight (I have it on my weight logs multiple times). I know bodies are weird. And even if the person isn't eating totally on plan, that's a physical AND mental battle, and that can be just as hard if not harder. It's all part of it. If it was all a smooth ride, there wouldn't be an astronomical number of people who are overweight/obese (650 million worldwide, and like 75% of the USA, for starters).
Sorry, no scale recs from me - I know nothing about different types. Mine is a regular old digital one that only does one thing: weigh me.
Old 05-19-2018, 10:23 AM   #290  
Maggie

Some movement! 150.8! I'm within a pound of the 140s! My hope is that it'll fall right off, but knowing my body this is a new low and it'll bounce back up for a while. So, knowing that, I'm trying to mentally prep myself for it.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Kay: The needles are terrifying, I agree! I was almost-fainting scared of all needles until I started regular blood donation (even then it took a while). I'm not saying everyone has to get used to them like I did (or that anyone should rush to try), but I am saying it can happen for some people (because when I was younger I thought it was impossible!). Also, my donation center has excellent phlebotomists, which helps.
Well done on 62 days of 10k steps! That's so admirable! That's where I want to be with activity someday, honestly. Any tips or tricks you use to get in all the steps?
I've thought at times about getting a bluetooth scale that can record your weight but hide the numbers (very useful!), but I agree that it would be an investment to do so.

Last edited by Chanticleer; 05-20-2018 at 09:42 AM.
Old 05-19-2018, 07:17 PM   #291  

maggie Congrats on being so close to the 140's!! A good phlebotomist makes a huge difference, great job helping out those in need

kay I hope that you find a scale that you like, and I love your idea of putting yours away until Monday!

I think that I am going to start the 30 Day Shred back up after my next diet bet ends. I don't want the inflammation that comes with a new workout to negatively impact my weigh in. I *might* put the scale away for a while I do the workouts because I don't want to get discouraged.

Old 05-20-2018, 09:52 AM   #292  
Maggie

My scale went bonkers this morning. First it showed I weighed 157.4! I just about had a heart attack because I absolutely ate on plan (I'd have to eat pretty off plan to gain 7 lbs of weight in a day, though it could totally be done). So I let it recalibrate a couple times and it showed 150.6. I'll have to keep an eye on my scale because that is quite the weight range.

kfunk: Congrats on the 150s! That was a nice whoosh! How are you feeling today?

Kay: I found a couple bluetooth scales for a pretty reasonable price. I don't know if you've seen these already, but here are the links just in case. If my scale ends up being fried, I might just get one! Not having a reliable scale can be difficult. How's your weighing break going? Those can be just what's needed sometimes.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/1byone-Di...dSellerId=8206
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mosiso-Di...&wl13=&veh=sem
Old 05-20-2018, 12:58 PM   #293  

maggie OMG I am glad that you were able to recalibrate, good thinking to keep an eye on it! Thank you! I fully expect to bounce back up tomorrow because I slept in until 10 this morning and saw 159.2.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:04 AM   #294  

I plan on starting my workouts tonight! I am attending a wedding at the end of June and want to try to tone up a bit for it!

p.s Kay, how are you doing lately?

Last edited by kfunk6113; 05-21-2018 at 08:05 AM.
Old 05-22-2018, 08:56 AM   #295  

back down to 159.2. I hope you are having a great day!
Old 05-23-2018, 09:53 AM   #296  
Maggie

Just a quick pop in. Things at work are busy and may go really well or really badly by the end of this week. Also, my scale is dead. Even new batteries don't help. My sister says she has one I can have, so I'm going to do that before buying a new one. I'll get it this weekend.

Hope everyone's week is going well! Kfunk, awesome job on the loss and on starting your new exercises! Kay, hope everything is well!
Old 05-24-2018, 08:42 AM   #297  

Maggie Its nice to see you pop in despite being so busy! I will be hoping that things end up going very well for you at work. That is awesome that your sister has a scale that you can have!!

kay I am wearing my fit bit and I plan on challenging myself to see if I can get some huge step counts like you do!!

160 - I expect that I will be bouncing up and down for a while since I just decided to get serious about the fitness aspect of my diet. I have done the 30 Day Shred 2 out of the last 3 days and plan on continuing it tonight.
Old 05-25-2018, 09:17 AM   #298  
Maggie

Go my 'new' scale. Well, it has a different weight for me. This one says I'm 153.6.............It's about the trend, not the weight. TREND, not weight. That's basically my new mantra. I'll take it as slow as my body needs to go. An exercise in patience. (Can you tell I'm self-talking in this post? ).

I think things went OK at work. It unexpectedly ended up in kind of a middle ground between horrible and brilliant. I'll take it!

kfunk: Way to go on adding in more exercise! I'd love to get the step count that Kay does! Let me know how your plan goes! I need all the tips I can get, I think. And yeah, weight does funny stuff for a while with new exercise. I know mine gets bonkers for at least a couple months. But it's WAY healthier to add in exercise when possible.
Old 05-26-2018, 12:02 PM   #299  

Maggie- Yes, totally about the trend!!! Glad that things at work ended up in the middle for you! I have been wearing my fitbit but for the past 2 days the steps have randomly reset. So frustrating! I rebooted it and am hoping that will fix the problem. I took yesterday off as well, sigh. UGH, why is it so hard for me to stick to an exercise routine???

Last edited by kfunk6113; 05-26-2018 at 12:02 PM.
Old 05-30-2018, 08:23 AM   #300  

Hey all!! I was up to 163.8 from the long weekend.

162.6 today and hope to keep moving down and get out of this decade finally for good!!