Old 01-08-2017, 03:25 PM   #1  
Tired Of Just Surviving

S/C/G: 315/272/215

Height: 5'7

Default 2016 Year In Review/2017 Goals

If you had to choose one word to describe the past 365 days, what would it be? My word would be progress.

In the very obvious sense of the word, I have made some positive changes over the past year. I dealt with my grief over losing my husband in December 2014. It is still a day to day process but I am a lot stronger now. I had my neck surgery which once healed brought my pain level down to zero. I went back to work in October, and in December I got back to the business of losing weight.

While these are all things to celebrate, I recognize that I still have work to do. Those small steps may have gotten me closer to my best life, but I definitely still have some distance to cover. That’s where the second meaning comes in. I am a work in progress.

The old me may have viewed this past year as a disappointment. But this past year is different, I am much more forgiving of myself and have learned to celebrate any accomplishment, no matter how small.

Looking ahead to the next 365 days, I will keep taking small steps forward toward my goals. Every day you move forward is progress.
SmallSteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 03:55 PM   #2  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

My 2016 word would be Initiate....

I initiated my journey to Slim/toned/healthy and I cant wait to go on my 2nd part of my 3 leg journey. I needed to lose 155lbs in total to get to a very happy weight for me. I have so far lost 43lbs and looking to catch up. I started the gym again just on friday and while very sore.... I can't wait to see my body start to transform

While I would be very happy to hit 223lbs by xmas time, I would love to work on my strength and my muscles and toning up I have a wedding in June and one in November which I am very much looking forward to
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 04:34 PM   #3  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

My word for 2016: Motherhood.

My son was still a newborn when 2016 started, at just 2 months old. In that year I watched him grow into a toddler. Rolling over, crawling, first steps, first words, to running around like a tiny drunk person and entertaining me every day. He's my first (and currently only) child, so I was learning how to be a mother, and balance that with being an individual as well as a wife, as he was learning the basic functions of being an independent tiny human.

My goal for 2017 is not weight related, but fitness related. I want to run a 5k. I don't have a weight goal, other than I want to hit 250 by my anniversary at the end of May. 30 pounds in a little under 5 months doesn't seem too difficult. I don't have a weight goal beyond that, because it's entirely possible I'll end 2017 round as a cow pregnant with baby #2, and that would be okay.
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 09:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

It's terrible to be so negative, but my word for 2016 would be Failure. I gained 8 lbs over the year. I am very disappointed in myself for allowing that to happen. I pray that I can do better in 2017.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 09:57 AM   #5  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

For me, the 2016 word might be "distraction". I did not focus on weight-related or fitness-related goals at all, and got distracted from my day job as well as side pursuits. I was a mental jumble the entire year. For 2017, I want to return to discipline. I want to make disciplined choices with regard to everything that is of value to me. It was through discipline that I lost 120 pounds between 2009 and 2012, and every success I have had as a writer both in and out of my day job has been through discipline. This year I would like to regain the kind of discipline that brings me the results I long for.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 11:57 AM   #6  

Default I feel Amazing!!

I just started using this stuff called fitteam fit. It has curbed my cravings and appetite. I have also noticed an improvement in my mood and energy level. It is a powder you mix in with water twice a day. It tastes really good…like berry flavored.
megmill26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 09:19 AM   #7  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/251/150

Height: 5'2 1/2

I think I'm gonna steal from you and say that is my one word about 2016 also PROGRESS

I want to be in the 200's by my 6th anniversary in June

Last edited by Terra84; 02-03-2017 at 09:24 AM.
Terra84 is offline   Reply With Quote