Old 11-29-2012, 09:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 234.5/224/155(135 dream goal)

Height: 5 6

Default Did/do your feet/toes tingle a lot from being overweight?

Just wondering if anyone experiences a lot of tingling in the toes/feet that comes from being overweight.
I have been experiencing this a lot and its freaking me a little as diabetes runs in my family. I was tested recently (just a couple months ago) though and was not diabetic. I am wondering now, can it become onset out of the blue... or could this tingling occur for other reasons... like plain just being fat?

Just wondering if anyone else ever experienced this...
facingfacts12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

Have you told your doctor about this sensation? My first thought was poor circulation.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:33 AM   #3  

Height: 5'5"

I had this. I asked my doctor if it was because I was fat, and she said no. She wasn't too worried about it, and I didn't pursue it because it wasn't terribly bothersome. It has since gone away. Sorry my answer is not particularly helpful.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:23 PM   #4  
Becoming A Better Me

yes i have that trouble with both legs and feet but more so my right and i was told that altho i have a lower back issue that affects my legs and feet my weight is whats keeping all of the above irritated n will cause it to get worse n may need surgery if i dont lose the weight!
dangerouscurvesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #5  
Claiming Victory!

S/C/G: 283/273/245 1st

I had this. I also had a tingling/loss of sensation in my right hand, unfortunately since I am right handed. I noticed that with my weight loss it has completely gone away. Diabetes runs in my family and I was petrified that I was pre diabetic.
LuvMyMr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Are you sure this is related to being overweight? I have doubts about that.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:50 PM   #7  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by facingfacts12 View Post
Just wondering if anyone experiences a lot of tingling in the toes/feet that comes from being overweight.
I have been experiencing this a lot and its freaking me a little as diabetes runs in my family. I was tested recently (just a couple months ago) though and was not diabetic. I am wondering now, can it become onset out of the blue... or could this tingling occur for other reasons... like plain just being fat?

I did. Diabetes runs in my family too (both sides!) and the tingling started to freak me out.

Unless I sit the wrong way (and thus, cause my foot to fall asleep) I don't get the tingling in my feet anymore.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:44 PM   #8  
Claiming Victory!

S/C/G: 283/273/245 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly315 View Post
Are you sure this is related to being overweight? I have doubts about that.
If the question is to me, I am pretty sure it is. It was there when I was at my biggest, over 280. I lost now more than 30 pounds and it has completely gone away. No tingle at all, no numbness, nothing and it has remained that way. During my relapses when I regained the weight I would get it again. That is even more incentive to keep the weight off!
LuvMyMr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:48 PM   #9  
Downloading 10% complete

S/C/G: 190/188/170

Height: 5'4"

Yep. I get this! After finding I was really hungry even 10mins after eating a full meal, I cut out a whole load of sugar (first in tea, then in coffee). I don't get that any more but it must have meant my blood sugar was well out of whack and I was afraid of becoming diabetic. I still get dead legs really easily and my joints hurt (mostly my knees). I look forward to getting rid of that too, I'm sure they're all connected to being fat, as when I was 3 stone lighter I didn't have any of these problems.
the shiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 11:25 PM   #10  

Default It may be neuropathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by facingfacts12 View Post

There's an easy to understand explanation of neuropathy at medicalnewstoday.com

I hope that helps, if you haven't already solved the mystery. I have neuropathy in my ankles and feet. It's progressive, a result of being overweight or obese, and can also occur in folks who are diabetic, though I am not. It started in my toes as a tingling and over the years has slowly moved up my feet and ankles. Besides feeling tingly or painful, it can also feel like an odd numbness. Though I can still feel some things with my feet, I must be very careful. Hubby and I have found the occasional splinter or tiny piece of glass in my sole and I wasn't even aware it was present because I could not feel pain from it.
pantaleimona is offline   Reply With Quote