Old 01-05-2019, 10:47 AM   #451  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Lacerta: I love it! And I'm a big fan of the blog posts Steve Kamb does

Learning: I have a Fitbit blaze, which I love! The only issue I had with it was inaccurate counting when walking my dog, because I didn't always have the arm-swing thing going on correctly with juggling the leash and whatnot... although I recently learned that the magnetic wristband I have for it fits around my ankle, so I've switched to that for our walks I hear you about the mindless snacking, that's my downfall sometimes.. Do you find that the grazing/snacking is more common around different times in your cycle?

Fashinjunkie09: Oh no! I'm sorry to hear you all were under the weather, but I'm glad you're feeling a bit better!

Weigh-in came in at 230.4 today; my body is getting used to all the walking and the bodyweight workout (in a good way). I was able to do two full sets Thursday when I did the strengthening again and I'm not nearly as sore as I was after I was only able to do one set the first day. I'm feeling good enough I may even try to get a third workout in today for the week and then transition to a Monday/Wednesday/Friday deal. I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 05:58 PM   #452  

Back into the 220s with a weigh-in today at 228.2. I'm taking a break from the workouts until I feel better, I also have extra work days this week, which is outside of my usual work routine.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:00 PM   #453  

S/C/G: 227/Ticker/147

Height: 5'5"

RunningRedHead- Thanks! I am feeling much better now. Congrats on the 220's! I hope you feel better soon too.

Stayed under calories, got 64+ oz of water in and over 11,000 steps today. Woo!
fashinjunkie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 03:52 PM   #454  

S/C/G: 238/213/150

Height: 5' 5"

RunningRedHead: I did my first bit of exercise yesterday. I was like "omg, I forgot what it felt like to sweat. This is so surreal." I weighed in this morning at 224.1, but I expect that to go up since I had some soreness this morning. So I will likely start retaining water for repairs until I can exercise with relative ease. In regards to my cycle, I am always hungrier just before my period. Then my period shows up and I'm like, Food? Meh... *shrug But my compulsion to snack is either due to boredom, worry due to the fact that I know I won't eat for another 24 hours and also just feeling emotionally empty. I didn't do too bad yesterday though. No complaints. It's been over a month and I think I'm just now getting the hang of this OMAD thing.

Fashinjunkie09: Congrats on the weight loss, but definitely take care of yourself. Stomach bugs are awful.
Learning 2 Live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 03:20 PM   #455  

Fashinjunkie: So glad to hear you're feeling better. My cold is on the way out also
Learning: I have similar timing/tendencies Glad to hear starting working out is going well (it's even refreshing?) and that you're getting the hang of OMAD Way to go!

Today's weigh in was 229.2, which is actually down from a peak of 231 two days ago; I had some serious water retention going on Wednesday from only 2 hours of sleep after a night shift and not drinking enough/repleting my electrolytes well enough. I did my strengthening on Monday (2 full sets!) and then wasn't up to it again until today. I just finished three full sets, all at 100%, whereas previously the two sets consisted of one at 100% and one at about 50%, so my muscles must be getting used to this whole working out thing again (it's been a very long time lol); it feels great and I can already see some differences in muscle tone definition. Hope everyone has a great weekend

Last edited by RunningRedHead; 01-12-2019 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-12-2019, 01:18 PM   #456  

I'm up a little bit today to 230.4, which I expected after yesterday's workout. What I didn't anticipate was how okay I would feel today; I'm hardly sore so far, but there is definitely still time for DOMS to hit hard I can tell I'm improving though, my form is better and my recover period is much shorter. I'm taking some new "before" pictures before I get too far into into this workout routine so I can see some differences.
Old 01-12-2019, 06:14 PM   #457  

Weighed in today at 223.2 lbs. Last Saturday I was 225.6 so I was hoping that I could lose 2lbs by the following Saturday if I was really really OP and didn't cheat or mindlessly overeat. I worked out 3 times this week. Then I slipped and fell on gravel that fallen on to the sidewalk from the adjacent construction site. Tore my knee up even though I was wearing jeans. Also cracked my phone screen in the fall. That was Thursday night. So I didn't work out Thursday or Friday, but I am going to work out today for sure. I signed up for a subscription service to stream workouts so I don't get bored. I'm going to try my first one out tonight. I've been taking Advil and icing it and bandaging my knee so I think I can do it. Although now my other knee is starting to hurt because I've been putting all my weight mainly on one leg so that my other leg can heal and I can get back to working out.

And we can build this thing together, stand this strong forever, nothing's gonna stop us now.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:11 AM   #458  

229.9 today; SW started a few days ago and I still haven't been able to kick this stupid cold, so I have not worked out since Friday. Mentally I'm itching to get back and at it, but physically I'm working on getting better at listening to my body and taking it easy. Hoping to ease back into it on Monday. Also, my semester started Monday and I think I underestimated the course load for this semester

Learning:Way to go getting three workouts in last week! Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about your fall, that sucks. I hope your knee(s) feels better. I like the idea of your workout subscription, what do the workouts look like? Hope you've had a good week so far
Old 01-17-2019, 05:37 PM   #459  

Welp, there is ZERO chance I am losing any weight this Saturday. I'll be lucky if I manage to maintain, but it looks like I'll be up on Saturday. Ugh. Patience is soooooo hard. Sure it took me a couple years to gain all my weight back (plus 5), but I want it all gone in 7 months. Doesn't look like it's going to happen.

RunningRedHead - Since I fell on Thursday I took off Thursday and Friday from exercise. Then I started up again on Saturday. I worked out Sat, Sun, Mon, and Wednesday. Skipped Tuesday because I was being lazy. I do like the subscription service. I just hook up my laptop HDMI cable to my TV and go to town. I signed up at www.booyafitness.com. The first month is free. So far I've been liking the kickboxing style videos. I recommend it, even if you only sign up for the one free month and then cancel. How do you stay motivated on the long journey of weight loss? You always seem so positive. I've been doing this for 7 weeks and I'm already feeling burnt out. Good luck on your classes! I hope it doesn't cause you too much stress this semester.
Old 01-18-2019, 09:45 AM   #460  

Learning: That sounds like a lot of fun, I'll have to look into it! Thanks for the well wishes for low stress this semester, I could already feel my stress level creeping up yesterday As for being motivated, there are definitely a lot of days where I am not motivated, and that is where the discipline comes in. The early stages of eating keto (I started in May) with the weight loss and finding it "easy" compared to any other WOE I've ever tried really helped reinforce what I was doing. By now it's just habit. I'm not sure, I can't explain it very well. As for the positivity, I'm a big fan of the "fake it til you make it" school of thought It's been a long road so far and I'm taking it one day and one decision at a time and I try not to get wrapped up in the long term. And on the days where I'm really down on myself and I feel like I've made no progress, I look at my weigh-ins and the overall trend and I look at my comparison photos that I make once a month; it really helps to keep me on track and remind me that while I think I've made no progress, in reality I've come a long way. That's why I prefer pictures over measurements; my measurements haven't changed much over the last couple of months, however, looking at photos my body composition has changed dramatically. Sorry, this was a lot of rambling, but I hope it helps in some way? Listen to your body, if you're burned out, do something to destress and recharge. Please make sure you take care of yourself. It's a difficult journey, but it should also be a little fun

Back up to 231.4 today; can't wait for SW to leave the building

Last edited by RunningRedHead; 01-19-2019 at 01:06 PM.
Old 01-19-2019, 12:39 PM   #461  

nice
CastielSteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 01:07 PM   #462  

229.6 today, SW is officially on the way out so for a continued whoosh. Hope everyone is having a good weekend and those in the path of winter storms stay safe this weekend.
Old 01-22-2019, 01:55 PM   #463  

RunningRedHead - Thank you for the encouragement. I guess I am being too impatient about this. I tried to take measurements, but I've only seen a change in my "lower roll." I have two. And my thighs are still as big as ever. Maybe I'm just bad at measuring. I haven't taken pictures, but I did notice that my shirts are fitting a bit better. They definitely look less "lumpy." I have not weighed myself since Saturday (didn't make goal), but I also haven't exercised since Saturday. What's my deal? I need to get back on the exercise horse tonight. It's just been so cold lately that all I really want to do is crank up the heat and wrap myself up in blankets and hibernate. And I hear it's supposed to get even colder over the next few days. I'm just going to have to start daydreaming about "making it" while I fake it. :wink: Luckily, I have had discipline with my diet. I just now need to develop discipline with my exercise. I hope you're having a good week! May the Whoosh be with you!
Old 01-22-2019, 08:06 PM   #464  

S/C/G: 267.4/179.6/150

Height: 5'7"

L2L: Fellow B Belly here. B Bellies Unite!

Lacerta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 05:47 PM   #465  

Learning: I completely understand where you're coming from. I used to get frustrated a lot in the beginning because I wasn't seeing the same results other people were. What really helped (and still helps when I feel like I'm stalling) is to remember how many years it took to put on the weight and then think about how fast it's coming off compared to that. One of the other reasons I rely more on pictures than measurements is you can stay close to the same in size, but your body composition is changing, so pictures will help to show those small changes. Stick with it, they really add up over time! I also find looking at other people's before and afters to be incredibly motivating (most of the time). If it makes you feel any better, The fact that you're locked in on your diet is huge, they say diet is 80% of weight loss. I didn't begin working out until this month because I didn't want to do too much too fast and run out of steam; all of the weight I've lost so far is completely diet related. One of the biggest things that has resonated is the phrase "eat to lose weight, work out to feel good." I love your blanket hibernation plan so much right now! I may go do that with a glass of Pinot Grigio. (Because life's all about balance, right?) I hope you're having a good week.

Lacerta: I've never heard it called a B belly! I was so in denial at my highest weight, but I totally had one too! I see from your stats you're in ONEDERLAND!!! Way to go!!