Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 09:40 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/170

Height: 6,1

Well, I lost 10 in April and 5 in May...so I should be able to do 15 in June, right!? :P My goals have maybe been too high, but I'm going to be ambitious for another month.

Starting weight: 205
Goal: 190

Calories:

June 1: 1200

I haven't gotten to the gym in three days because life is MENTAL right now, but I'm hoping the mentalness will somehow fuel a resting calorie burn :P. I'm completing a condensed course - which is a full semester course that's been crammed into six weeks - and have a huge amount of reading to do, and it's end of year wrap up at work and I have meetings every week day after school and several mornings and a huge paperwork load on top of grad and transition for next year..and, oh yeah, I've decided to move in three weeks >.< Deep breaths.

Good luck everyone.
Old 06-02-2016, 06:57 AM   #17  
Gizmo

bigjoe nice to see you again. Stay strong and enjoy your vacation!

akelly728 nice to see you again. And what a drop in May, wow!

curvynotlumpy great idea to walk during lunch at work. My only issue with that is that I sweat easily with little effort, so if I were to do that at work, it would not be a pretty sight after lunch.

loveofmylife001 I really, really admire your consistency. No matter what (headache, being swamped at work, etc.) you never make excuses and do your exercise and walk. I know that's the key to success right there. I'm trying to get there.

Bookmark you showed a loss in May, awesome!

FieryCupcake I'll be cheering you on into Onederland.

Kukkie84 yes we're off to the races. Let's race into a new decade once and for all.

Had another terrible night's sleep. My neck is much better but still a bit stiff. I think I need new pillows. will go shopping for that tomorrow. I was on plan yesterday but only got in 600ml of water. Plan is to get to 1.2L daily. Have a good day everyone!

01: 237.4
02: 238.2
Old 06-02-2016, 07:42 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Good morning my lovelies!

I did not weigh in this morning. I've been up since 4:30ish; got to the gym at about 5:15 and I've now just made it into work earlier than usual before everyone else. Hubby's schedule is changing at work in a couple of weeks, so I won't be doing daycare drop offs anymore; I'll be doing the pickups. So, we got some guest passes at Goodlife, and we're both going to test it out I guess, to see if we can fit this location/timing into our schedules. For me, it'll mean parking my car at the subway station (one stop further than I do now), going across the street to the gym, getting ready for work there, then throw gym bag in the car, and off to work I go. I tried it this morning, and I have to admit, I feel really good. I'm off to get some now, because without it, who knows how long I'll survive. Especially waking up at that unholy hour. Hope you all have a fabulous day. I'll try to check in later.
Old 06-02-2016, 09:47 AM   #19  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

Good Morning Everyone

I hope that everyone is having a great week so far Only one more day until TGIF

akelly Thanks for the compliment. I have always been very dedicated when it came to physical activity, the eating is the problem lol.

Have a great day everyone
Old 06-02-2016, 01:19 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 241/223.4/150

Height: 5'4"

Starting the month with a gain , I've been following my plan like usual but I'm up to 214.4, I think a big part of my issue is digestive regularity, I've been drinking my water and trying to get enough fiber but nothing seems to be helping. Once the schedule for my new job is set I am going to start swimming at least a couple days a week.
Old 06-02-2016, 04:40 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

friends.

I hope everyone is having a great Thursday. Weight remains at 209.6. It's interesting, I used to log regularly on Map My Run and nearly every week I receive throwback emails reminding me that I "killed a 6.5 mile run, or 3 mile walk". Talk about sobering reminders

@Martine: Sweat like a I did, Martine! Against my better judgment I walked 3.33 miles at noon in our campus Arboretum. Beautiful walk, but with the high temps it really was foolish to be out there. I did bring a towel to freshen up before I went back to my desk but it took forever for me to cool down.

@Kukkie84: getting up early and getting your gym time in. That's the smart way to do it especially if you want to get outdoor exercise into your routine. Kukkie, when I was completely on point I kept a schedule very similar to yours. I live 10 minutes walking distance from my gym. No reason why I can't get up earlier and get in my miles, elliptical, etc.

@Bookmark: Your math makes perfect sense to me. When I was an undergraduate I took my final intermediate Spanish course as a condensed course. Bad idea for me for two reasons: I'm lousy at languages AND I needed to complete and pass this course because I had already been accepted into my doctoral program. Talk about pressure Sending out a big and good to you!

@FieryCupcake: Been there, done that! How miserable! I find when I experience a certain level of stress my digestion is sluggish. Sounds like you're doing all the right things. And yes, exercise seems to help.

@akelly728: Yup, low-carb was the answer for me as well. And I didn't find it difficult after the first week or so. The problem I'm having is getting to that place mentally to go "all in" and commit.
Old 06-03-2016, 02:05 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/170

Height: 6,1

Curvy, I need the course as a pre-requisite for the Master's I'm tentatively planning on...it's part of the reason I've gone back at all...and it's not going very well. Okay, I mean...I got a B on my first assignment. But I need an A in the course. Oh well. I handed in my second assignment today and don't feel overly proud but also don't feel overly concerned...Maybe it'll prompt me to visit the next phase of my life plan.

Kukki, well done for getting up to work out...I always admire morning exercisers. Every once in a while I plan to get up early and gym before work, but it never happens. I love sleep too much.

Starting weight: 205
Goal: 190

Calories:

June 1: 1200
June 2: 1250
Old 06-03-2016, 09:09 AM   #23  
Gizmo

Kukkie84 way to go on getting to the gym early. When I do exercise, it has to be first thing in the morning, or else I find a way to not do it. How did you like your first experience at Goodlife?

curvynotumpy great job on sticking to your plan and getting that walk in. A walk at the arboretum sounds lovely. I love walking among trees, flowers, by a lake. Not as much in the forest though, I like the feel of the sun and there's not enough in forest trails.

After rain yesterday, we are getting an absolutely perfect Summer day. Went for a 3km walk with Loki this morning. Yesterday went well, I ate mindfully and hit my water goal and I'm already well on my way today. Happy Friday everyone!

03: 237.6
Old 06-03-2016, 09:24 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

No weigh in again today. Woke up early to get to the gym again, although it's just too early a time to think.

Martine - I used to be a Goodlife member a few years ago and loved it. Going back yesterday reminded me that I do better in a gym environment like that, rather than a small one in our condo (where there isn't anyone else) or working out at home.

Bookmark and curvy - I actually don't like working out in the mornings. Many years ago, I had a personal trainer whom I worked with two evenings a week and one morning a week. She used to tell me that she didn't like me in the mornings because I clearly didn't put as much effort into it in the mornings. I will say that after having my early bird son, it's a bit easier than it was back then. Hopefully, I'll grow to love it. It's kinda nice to get it out of the way.
Old 06-03-2016, 10:27 AM   #25  
lovemylife001

Good Morning Everyone

It's TGIF It's such a beautiful Spring day with weather only going to about 80 degrees and I have someone coming out to see about installing a new central air unit. I think that the one that I have is not powerful enough for the whole house. Hopefully it won't cost too much

Martine on the walk, water goal and eating mindfully. I snacked yesterday I'm going to pull it together one of these days

Kukkie I have to work out in the morning or I won't do it lol You'll grow to love it and it will be routine where you don't even have to think about it.

Have a great day everyone
Old 06-03-2016, 12:33 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 241/223.4/150

Height: 5'4"

My weight is stuck at 214.4, I'm so frustrated right now, I haven't been working out but I haven't been working out since before my surgery and I was still losing weight, I'm not sure what's going on, maybe it's stress but it really doesn't make sense that I'm not losing. I am going to try to work in some short workouts here just because I know I need to build some muscle and it will help but I've just been pressed for time and every time I have a free moment everyone else needs something and I'm too nice of a person to put myself first. At this rate I don't think I'll get to Onderland before the end of June
Old 06-03-2016, 05:56 PM   #27  

I hope everyone is having a great Friday and looking forward to the weekend. Not much to report today. Weight still the same. The day has turned blistering hot. It's currently 102 degrees!!

@FieryCupcake: I know the "too nice syndrome" all too well, though I have to say that as I've gotten older it has diminished. Hang in there and always remember that it's often good to put yourself first in order to best help others. Think of the instructions flight attendants give to adults to put on their oxygen masks first before a child's. Hang in there!

@lovemylife001: Good luck with the air conditioning unit. I'm grateful to have mine especially on these hot days

@Martine: Sounds like you are well on your way to re-establishing your pattern for success.

Kukkie, I agree with the others, I think you will grow to enjoy morning workouts especially knowing how good they make you feel throughout the day. There is no better feeling

Everyone have a wonderful weekend!

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 06-03-2016 at 06:02 PM.
Old 06-04-2016, 11:32 AM   #28  

Good morning

The morning is starting off hot and humid. It's only 8:30 and it's already 73 degrees with an expected high of 100. Oh bliss, oh joy! Perfect weather to spend the day inside and clear some of the junk in my email

I hope everyone has a great Saturday and weekend and has a chance to !
Old 06-04-2016, 06:34 PM   #29  
Gizmo

I hope everyone had a nice Saturday. I was working and unfortunately did not meet my water goal. Now to relax this evening.

03: 237.6
04: 238.2
Old 06-04-2016, 07:24 PM   #30  
lovemylife001

Good Saturday Evening

I hope that everyone is having a great day The weather here started off pleasant and turned into rain during the afternoon. The rain stopped maybe 20 minutes ago, so now the humidity has kicked in lol. We are suppose to cool down into the 70's this coming week

Curvy 100 degree temps lol. I can't handle that type of heat, it makes me want to hibernate indoors lol.

Martine It's hard to meet the water goals at work, you'll be back on track in no time. Hope you are relaxing this evening.

Enjoy your evening everyone
Closed Thread