Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 10:42 AM   #1  
Starting over once again

Default Starting over........

I have done so terrible the past few weeks. My motivation for losing weight was totally wrong & I fell back to my old ways of eating. Then last week, I got so totally disgusted with the way I look that I get disgusted anytime I'm around food now. I know this isn't healthy & could probably turn into an eating disorder, but I make myself eat... I have kids & they need me strong & healthy.

Anyway...... I'm starting my weight loss journey over tomorrow. I'm going to force my big butt outta bed earlier in the morning so I can get up & exercise before getting the kids up for school. I'm going to cut my portions back again.

My motivation this time? I have no winter clothes & I refuse to buy any in the size I'm in now. We also have a festival here around the end of September. My ex usually shows up & I wanna get a little revenge (by then it won't be much anyway. )
Old 08-18-2003, 01:54 PM   #2  
on my way down!

Good Luck with starting over we all need that motivation sometimes!!
Old 08-18-2003, 03:14 PM   #3  

Welcome back, Steph. I see you were able to loose 8 pounds. This time do it for you. Do it because you want to be happy every time you look in a mirror and don't ever want to be held back becaue of your weight or size. We're here for you. Stay awhile.
Old 08-18-2003, 04:28 PM   #4  

Good luck!! Visit and post often for encouragement and support. It really does help and we all care about you succeeding! I know you'll do great!
Old 08-18-2003, 11:08 PM   #5  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Welcome back and good luck!!
Old 08-19-2003, 06:34 AM   #6  
Starting over once again

Thanks y'all for the support. I've gained back the majority of the 8 lbs I lost previously but I've not gained it ALL back. So, I guess that's good.

Well, off to work & back to the business of getting healthy.

Have a good day!!!
Old 08-21-2003, 03:06 AM   #7  

Hope this works. Lost my message along the way.

Steph, I'm happy to hear you're starting over. I lost 20lbs last year for reasons turning 40 and a trip to Europe. Once the excitement passed, my desire to lose weight decreased. Hormonal changes and doctor visits dampened everything.

Last week I posted a message and started to look at my food intake. Journalizing helped. Drinking water, less soda. I walked one day this week. Not the greatest improvement, but I feel something stirring. Could it be I'm getting motivated. l'll weigh in tomorrow and see if at least my water intake lost a pound or two.

We're here to see it through,
Carla
Old 08-21-2003, 07:40 AM   #8  

Steph,

Hugs! You made the decision to just do it, and that's the hardest part. Best of luck with your journey.

Post often!

Sherry
Old 08-21-2003, 08:35 AM   #9  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

The journey can get very downheartening at times. But if you're like me, you have VERY good reasons to keep going, and NO good reasons to stay with your old lifestyle. Stating that you're starting over, or picking yourself up when you fall, is part of the journey. That's why we come here -- to encourage others when we're doing well, and to turn to others when we need encouragement. So post early and often!

/hug
Old 08-21-2003, 12:21 PM   #10  
2006 - Panda Remix

Steph,

I've lost count of the number of times that I've 'failed' on my diet and put on even more weight.

The good thing is that you are not bigger than when you started , and you are ready to start again before too much damage was done!

I'm just taking it one day at a time and feeling more positive as each pound comes off. It's never too late to tackle your weight once and for all, and just because you've not managed it yet does not mean that you won't be successful this time!

Join in these forums regularly, they have made a real difference to me and really help me to stay positive and focused.

Never give up!

Amanda xx
Closed Thread