Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 07:42 PM   #481  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Jelly: Good for you 2 lbs is fantastic! Keep up the good and hard work. I know it's hard, so your work is paying off!

AM:
Argh. I have done well counting calories, though I went over by 100. I would be happy today to keep going over that number a few times, but thus far I have done ok. It'd be nice if it didn't feel like I was fighting with it the whole dang way. I do hope tomorrow to get on the scale, a tuesday isn't as bad as a monday weigh in when you haven't been good w/the scale. I am a firm believer that a monday weigh in like that can be a downer to your whole week. Therefore, I will aim for tomorrow morning.

I hope the rest of you are finding good news in your diets. Heres to continued trying and another 33 oz of water in me before bed. Yes I am a glutton for punishment!
Old 10-10-2016, 11:46 PM   #482  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

H'lo all...it's good to see this thread is still hopping, and bad to know I still belong here. sigh.

It takes more energy than I have right now to save me from myself.

How to get on top of things with my meds, my vitamins, my exercise...when I'm so tired all the time and feeling fatalistic? Baby steps...time to get some things done...

Let's carry on, girls!
Old 10-11-2016, 07:21 AM   #483  

S/C/G: 106kg/ 99.6kg/ 60kg

Height: 157 cm

Lemon, thank you for the good advice... It's nice to have a fresh perspective

Jelly. thanks for the encouragment, I'm working on it...

It's been more than two weeks now that I've started calorie restriction. Was on the scale this morning... haven't lost any weight yet. So, I am doing something wrong here. Today is day 4 of exercise, only 30 minutes a day but I can't physically do more at the moment. I've committed to eating as much raw food as I can, including daily tossed salad with hardboiled eggs. I'm not sure how to deal with the hunger I feel a few hours after dinner...I want to munch but around bedtime I'm actually hungry again. It's enough that I have trouble falling asleep.

Hope you all have a great Tuesday...Soon Halloween and I'm very excited about that. It's fun to see the kids all dressed up. I'm not worried about the candy though because I although I have a sweet tooth, I'm not into candy. I do love chocolate though!

Take care, everyone!
Old 10-11-2016, 07:56 AM   #484  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Smile

LittleCat, You could try drinking a protein drink before bed. Maybe, an hour before. I think a trainer recommended it to me. I just can't remember if it was an hour or longer before bed. Good Luck with Your weight loss.

Old 10-11-2016, 09:52 AM   #485  

Little Cat: You may not be getting enough protein if you are feeling hunger so soon so I agree w/Vicky's suggestion. I usually add a piece of string cheese, something I did when I had gestational diabetes w/my last pregnancy to help with my blood sugars. String cheese or 10 almonds, though it doesn't seem a lot, my body seems happy with such. Sometimes I do both if I feel the stronger cravings coming on. Of course I now see you are in Norway - maybe you too are getting ready for hibernation! Tonight here it's to drop down to 31°F, so definitely not ready for the cold. Sometimes it takes a bit of time with what you are doing. Didn't you say you were at 1500 calories, is that to maintain your weight or take off a 1/2 lb each week?

I entered your weight/goalweight with what you have posted on calculator.com and their calorie calculator. If I entered your info right it says you should take in 1283 daily calories to begin loosing. Mine too is way low like that in calories. If you exercise that usually will allow you some calories back into your day if you choose to use them. Perhaps take a look at a calculator like such and see what you can find to work with you:

http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html

This one breaks down if you want to maintain/quick or slower weightloss. Perhaps just dropping down you will begin to see some loss. Worth investigating, and yes it's in metric too

HappyFeet: Happy to see you back too! I know I am going to win the award for being in the same decade for a year. I hope weight comes off easily for you on your return.

Hello all!

AM:
I HATE MY SCALE AND MY FAT! I am just disappointed in myself, I know in the past I have been able to go gung ho and lose weight. Of late it's been a struggle. When one additional thing I eat bumps me up to 1500 calories because it was 125, geez - I am frustrated. I came to thinking in the middle of the night that there has to be something that can help us all w/this to remain focused and make it worthwhile. I didn't come up with an answer.

Can I just say I hate that peloton (however it's spelled) commercial of the lean gal getting on the cycle before everyone wakes in her million dollar home with the perfect views, the perfect family etc? I think I might be more apt to look at their product if they showed a real family in real economic situations, with the general mess of kids all around. However, as I learned a long time ago anything sexed up will sell a product (maybe the lifestyle too?). Sorry it's just an irritant to me these last few days. Maybe it's guilt from not being on the bike like I should be.

Ok, well my water intake was at least good at 120 oz. No real exercise, unless you count laundry and endless folding and my calories were over by 125, pushing me up to 1508. Today I feel I can't win on that front and will work again today to bring that number in line, I think if I can stick with the the 1378 or whatever it is for a week and then set it a bit lower in a weeks time, maybe I will fully be back on board. One can hope.

March those pesky calories on off. I'm cheering for you all!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 10-11-2016 at 09:53 AM.
Old 10-11-2016, 05:38 PM   #486  

I'm slow roasting vegetables again, adding parsnips and brussel sprouts to the mix. I hope they turn out well. They smell good. I have to feed the kids early so they can go w/DH when he stops by before hunting. And since we are to get so cold in the next day or so, it's a good kick off for fall.

I am just letting you all know both water intake and calories have been good today, so I have to share my mini goal! I am only over 65 calories and I am on the 99 oz of water that I am finishing up. Will not get to move today at gym - that's the only part not met today. I had planned first thing this am, but DH was up until wee hours watching the playoff game and then my LO wandered in just as I was dozing back off. So I will take my small victories of 2 items where I can.

How is everyone else?
Old 10-11-2016, 05:42 PM   #487  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi all. I had off yesterday and so busy at work, so I am way behind on posting here! I'm still coasting, still not getting on the scale. Just getting ready for the big week away next week, so not stressing about stuff.
Old 10-11-2016, 06:32 PM   #488  
Ice Cream Slave

S/C/G: Waist size: 20/20/8

LemonThyme: Thanks for the encouragement! That's a great calculator. Thanks for the link! You also reminded me that I seriously need to increase my water intake.
SeeMyFeet: Hi there! You just reminded me that I haven't been taking my vitamins for like WEEKS. I'll try to get better about that. Sounds like you need some motivation? We have similar current weights! Do you want to join me on my challenge to get down to 209 lbs by New Year's?
LittleCat: If you don't mind sharing, what physically prevents you from doing more than 30 min of exercise per day? Maybe somebody can offer you some suggestions on alternative exercises once they know what the problem is. And I think that suggestion to include more protein from VickieLou and LemonThyme was spot on. It really does control the hunger. I'm a huge fan of avocado and almonds (in moderation).

I've learned that one of my "musts" is dessert. I simply cannot go without it. I've tried during previous dieting attempts and subsequently failed. This time I'm doing portion control and healthier desserts. And I'm still losing weight to my surprise!
Old 10-11-2016, 10:56 PM   #489  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Oh JB, my tickers are off...I guess I need motivation...I'm so sick of my appearance and this feeling of being overweight -- you'd think that would be motivation enough.

If I don't take my vitamins, I sink deeper into the low energy hole, so I hafta keep up. (The meds I take affect vitamin uptake.)

....I keep typing words and then erasing them....I guess I'm not committed to a plan yet...too much to do...
Old 10-12-2016, 05:58 AM   #490  

S/C/G: 106kg/ 99.6kg/ 60kg

Height: 157 cm

I'm so grateful to you all for being so supportive and taking the time to give me some great advice. Thank you! What a great group of people you are!

Jelly: I have a history of disc prolapse in my neck and back. There was talk of surgery at one point but it wasn't for me. When I exercise for more than thirty minutes or so, I'm in terrible pain and that limits my activity here at home for the rest of the day. Plus I'm worried if I strain too much I'll herniate another disc... yikes! I would love any alternatives. By the way, congratulations on the 2 lbs you lost! Good for you!

Lemon, thank you so much! I will check out those websites and I will see about lowering my calorie counts. The suggestions about protein are great.. we have almonds over here but we don't have string cheese. I sometimes put feta cheese on my salad but it's quite high in calories. I might have to eat 3 eggs a day instead of 2...I'm not sure yet. And yes, we do kinda hibernate! hehe...

Vickie: That is a great idea (about drinking protein drink before bed)... I'll look into that. Thank you!

I weighed myself this morning and I'm closer to 106 than I am to 107...finally... still not there yet but after I implement all of this great advice, I might actually start losing some weight. ..there is still hope!
Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-12-2016, 09:43 AM   #491  

LittleCat: I find it helps, it cane daunting though when you see your calories should be in the 1200s, I am just saying it at first seems like you are starving, but just remember that we have over inflated meals overtime we go out to eat (well at least here in US). If you don't have string cheese, a low fat/part skim mozzarella will help you. I come from the dairy state and we have a plethora of cheeses to choose from, the mozzarellas are a great help. Even in small moderation the fuller fat cheeses can help curb the hunger, do some with plain roasted almonds. Or too, if you find your really hungry upon waking, one of my other tricks when I had GD was to eat cottage cheese and almonds before bed (more for a better blood sugar in the am), but this might also be an area for you. I too use full fat greek yogurt, I do about a 1/2 cup most days for a snack. The kind I use is not as high in carbs and I find I am fuller longer (I also try to stir chia in with it). Yeah for you going down a kg! That's got to feel good. I am forever 112 kgs when I go to the doctor - pregnant, not pregnant, even when I have felt thinner still 112. Drat! I always find it funny that's the only metric thing they use at the doctors office. Everything else is the English system. Makes no sense to me. I just aim for a smaller number!

SeeMy:
You'll get there, part of the reason I post is to remain committed in the long run. It doesn't matter if your post is weight related, talk about your day, the diet/weight will work it's way around to maybe helping you sort out your feelings and doings to loose it. It's hard, I will attest to it and you have to keep chasing it round! But you'll get there, even if you tire of us going on and on about water and weight that doesn't move

Slash:
I hope you are looking forward to your elk hunting. Do you actually hunt? My DH would like it if I learned, I have no interest. That's fine he does it, generally once there is at least one deer harvested in the family, he ends up donating his to the food pantries in the area. That's fine by me. It's my ILS that like venison. Me, not so much. The meat processors are usually good with processing for the pantries. Good luck on not looking at your scale, may you have good surprises on your return! STAY SAFE!

Morning all!

AM:
Well, I am down one pound, but that still means I am above 240, but bullheaded me is not moving out of this thread. I am also not changing my ticker until I am 238. I will stay here until I am blue in the face and at 219. That sounds like an awful lot of work. I just read an article on a couple that lost together. The wife is now 120 and the hubs lost 50 lbs in 3 months! WHAT?! I'd love to do that, but that doesn't happen for me, ever.

WE CAN DO THIS! Slow as a snail pace, but we can keep cheering each on. Speaking of which we are close to filling this thread at 500 so a new one will have to crop up here I guess, lets not loose one another!

So I am hopeful that my water intake is good and that my calories are good today. I did go over yesterday but I tried to do well w/my water intake to help with it. Ah, the joys of balancing it all. I am also looking to tighten down my calories maybe starting this next week. I hope I can stick with it. I would like to be a bit thinner by my bday.

Off to go slay the day! Good luck with your slaying of these numbers.

Last edited by lemonthyme; 10-12-2016 at 09:45 AM.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:45 PM   #492  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Lemonthyme: Yeah, I read those stories and wonder why I can't have a quick and easy weight loss. Oh well! We will slowly work on it and inch by inch we'll get there. As for hunting, yes I do go out with a gun and look for elk. I will be honest, though. It would have to be a really easy shot for me to get one. I have tried shooting before, but I wasn't good enough to be successful. I love it when my husband gets one, and I can celebrate his victories, as well. I love the elk meat (not a huge fan of deer), and I know that hunting is good for the health of the elk population. But, if I never shoot anything, that's ok. I just love walking through the woods and spending the 6 nights in our tent. So, my husband is happy with that.

LittleCat: I would just try to do what you can with exercise until you can build up strength and stamina to do more! It is still good to get the 30 minutes. Congrats on the better weight numbers!!

JellyBelly: I think you can have almost anything in your eating as long as you account for the total calories. Desserts are possible! Congrats on the continued weight loss.

SeeMyFeet: Just keep posting and don't stress about not being able to have a plan just yet. You can use each day to work on getting back on track. If you don't make it one day, just forgive yourself and move on. Don't beat yourself up, just keep coming back here.

Ok, for me... I am so checked out, it isn't funny. One more day of work tomorrow and then I'm done! I know I haven't been a huge motivation or inspiration to anyone right now. I do plan on taking the needed break away from normal life and getting away from distractions. I also know that when I come back, I'm committing to 100% on plan. Last year after hunting, I relaxed to the point of not keeping on track, and I gained weight throughout the holidays. I'm still working on getting that off. I can't let that happen again. So, I will return. Renewed, refreshed and ready to roll!
Old 10-12-2016, 04:37 PM   #493  

S/C/G: 229/229/145

Height: 5'4"

Thank you Lemonthyme for the encouragement. I got the healthy food and told my husband we need to keep them stocked.I am at 224. So one more pd lost. Back on track.

Been getting a little exercise building the last of the greenhouse. Then daily work in it to grow and maintain fresh veggies and herbs.

Everyone seems to be so busy. So glad to see noone getting to discouraged.

Ok off to work. Slashnl enjoy yhe hunting.
Old 10-12-2016, 05:57 PM   #494  

Davis: good for you! Is the greenhouse part of a farm? Yeah for you growing your own food. It's always a treat you don't quite find at the grocery, so enjoy the greenhouse when it's cold out and may it offer you plenty of new things to grow and try.

slash: No, deer fall into the same category of cows for me w/the exception I don't like venison - both animals have such soulful eyes and having one go down in front of me is not where it's at. Sure I eat meat, but I haven't gotten over something dying in front of me. Hence, no hunting for me. I have had to go drag before and that was also the last time, DH I think hoped I'd be interested but I am not thus far.

and, my afternoon into evening:

Going ok, and on track thus far w/some simple changes to my menus. That was good. And I must say I just had a piece of commercial bread and today it didn't taste like it was worth it. Perhaps thats a good thing!

Do any of you do skinny jeans even at this weight? If so, do you have a brand to recommend? I may be adventurous and try something new.

We have a meeting tonight so the kids and I did an omelet split 3 ways, it was good and colorful and warmed the belly. I am even contemplating an extra cup of joe just to keep the warmth up.

I did well w/the water today as well! I do hope tomorrow to find myself a bit lighter. I have found I have to weigh daily, not a fan of it, but if I don't then I give myself leeway to eat whatever strikes my fancy just because I may feel thinner (what nonsense!).

Happy evening to you all as it's so dark so early. Time will be changing soon and we will all grumble, though we do get that hour back, ah blissful sleep!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 10-12-2016 at 05:58 PM.
Old 10-13-2016, 09:04 AM   #495  

Quiet here! I will make some noise!

Ok, though I am not 238, I am back to 241, so I have lost 2 lbs this week thus far. Hey, I have gained and lost these so many times, hopefully my goal this time is for good, so heres for continued trying.

I kept pretty close to my calories by the end of the day. I am struggling w/the time between dinner and bedtime. IDK if it's something where I need to brush my teeth right after dinner to subside, or if I am not getting the right balance. Maybe I need to up my protein a bit. I'll have to do some reading. I am eating my calories mainly during the day. Maybe I need to stretch something out so I have a snack before bed. Will have to see. Even saving enough for a string cheese, maybe that will help. Do any of you have issues in that time period?

I haven't gone to the gym this week yet. Maybe once I add that the hunger in between dinner and bed will subside. Any suggestions welcome.

Ok - I am off to eat breakfast and then watch a bit of news and tackle my day headfirst. I have a lot to do from halloween deco (yes, I haven't brought up the items from the basement) to my sewing.

Happy day to you all!
Closed Thread