Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 11:05 AM   #106  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

219.2! Looks like I am sliding to the next dish!
Old 05-12-2016, 12:02 PM   #107  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Congrats Ennay! Wish I could say the same, but I haven't been doing very well with focusing on eating on plan. But, good work on your part!!!
Old 05-15-2016, 06:38 PM   #108  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

chirp chirp . quiet in both this thread and the next basket thread.
Old 05-15-2016, 07:00 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Hello!

Ennay
: good for you on your loss! Keep it moving!

Slash: I am joining you. This past week was hard for me to remain focused, I tried but it didn't end very well and I am sure when I way in it won't look like I lost anything. I have been stressed and sad so that's my contributors. ugh. Monday is another day to try and right this heavy ship and see what can be done here. I'd just wish I'd find it easier to loose than I am right now.
Old 05-16-2016, 10:25 AM   #110  

I can't recall if I stated - final weigh in we can do on Wednesday - therefore its not at the start of the week to deter anyone or set their week off crazy in mood because the scale was higher with the weekend.

I have chicken breasts on to throw in the fridge for my lunches this week. I will be cutting up some veggies to have with them as well. I am trying to get a handle on this as I don't want to be the one perpetually in the 230s/220s group for like a full year. That would be ridiculous. So I am trying my hardest this week to get it going in the right direction.

As you lose weight when do you start feeling better about your body? As in, do you find your body doesn't ache as much as it did when you were heavier? I see a bit of difference, but nothing grand. I know I feel better when I have exercise, but beyond that, I am talking the kind of ongoing ache like when you get out of bed or up from sitting for a while. Just wondering. I haven't had this much to loose ever so I don't know if it's that I am aging and it's normal or if the weight aggravates it more.

I do hope you all are doing well and that your numbers are going down. I need a swift kick in the fanny to get myself on track. I have done this before I can do it again, it's just getting totally in that frame of mind. Heres to trying our bests this week!
Old 05-16-2016, 11:22 AM   #111  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

I hope you don't mind if I continue to post here. I am lonely in the other group! So far it seems to be me and me.

lemonthyme some of it is probably age, more of it is probably weight. My body is pretty beat up from other stuff, but I know as I was regaining I would have periods of achiness and that was always right after a big gain.

As to the feeling better about my body, I've been processing that right now I feel WORSE about my body. And I know it will pass. But I have always had an odd form of dysmporphic disorder in that I do not SEE changes in my body - up or down until something forces me to. (usually photographs- occasionally the mirror when I catch it accidentally and don't realize it is me at first) When I lost all the weight last time, I didn't see that i was getting thinner, even though I knew I was. Oddly what happens to me is other people started looking less skinny, even though they werent. It's like my eyes saw my dimensions in the mirror and adjusted the world to that "normal". And then I will have a moment where suddenly my brain sees reality and snap adjusts.

It works with gaining too. I had been stable at 156 lbs for about 9 months after the 3rd accident. I was complacent in that. Didn't FEEL like I was changing my diet or exercise and then I got our vacation pictures and got on the scale and I had gained 20 lbs in 2 months. Then that was the normal and I didn't SEE the next gain until I got photos of the show I was performing in and Wham. Adjusted to THAT normal.

So for whatever reason, despite seeing a few pictures of myself at this weight, I didnt SEE the additional 40 lbs until I started losing it again and working out and I kept catching my reflection in the china cabinet and I am back to mostly seeing reality. So my mental picture of myself went from 190 to 220 while my body went from 230 to 220.
Old 05-16-2016, 12:23 PM   #112  
Diane

Ennay: You can stay in this group!! It's hard to talk to yourself in a "group". Ha! Maybe summer is giving people other things to do right now.

Lemonthyme: Yeah, I may be the one staying in this group too long. I have to get something back in order. So, trying again this week to get the discipline back.

I'm going out of town Thursday through Sunday to see family, so that will be a tough time. I will be at a lower elevation, so I'm going to see if I can get in a run. I'd like to see if it makes a difference!
Old 05-17-2016, 08:43 AM   #113  

Ennay: that's fine for staying we all need encouragement on this journey and dead threads just don't help. Hope your scale was kind to you.

Slash: I too will be visiting family this weekend. Food is always part of the getting together I just need to make better choices and go armed w that thought for the weekend. Hope your run in lower terrain goes well.

Hello all!

AM: so yesterday LO and I went for our 1/2 mile walk, I drank 132 oz of water and my scale went up 2 freaky pounds! I'm guessing though it was my food choices. I thought I did well but if I stopped to think I probably did not at the end of day. I made sure to do lots of veggies and chicken but I did have 2 cookies and I'm guessing this week I need to eat air less things continue to increase. I told DH I need to go ride the cycle tonight and get the body moving. I just find it difficult to fit into my day(maybe more laze then anything I guess when you place it at the end of the day) because of late it's got to be after dinner as my mornings have been hard to get up early. I just need to make it a priority that's all. I know all the pluses: weight goes down, I feel better, I haven't wasted the money each month. So it's back to working a time that works for me and stick to it.

Ok - question for today: What do you visualize yourself fitting into for your next mini goal? Do you have something you have your eye on that you think would flatter your loss? For myself I am thinking a new bra (NO MORE 4 hook variety!) and perhaps shorts that fit my waist as well as my hips that don't fall down. Hah. The challenge will be getting them to fit the hips first.

Can I vent just a moment? I know we are all different sizes and such, but when you read the gossip news (why I do I don't know) do they describe those short as "long legged". Granted they are wearing skirts up to their butts and high heels, but they still aren't much taller and it's all an illusion of leg length. Sorry, I am of the taller variety and it always irritates me when they call them that. Don't know why I find that extra irritating today but I do. It fits into the same category as the headline that we will be seeing someone faux-famous w/naked selfies until she dies. Really? I think I need to quit reading the gossip with the news, I think I become dumber for it or at least can't understand the world and what seems important to some.

Good luck to you all. Here's hoping for good scales!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 05-17-2016 at 09:37 AM.
Old 05-17-2016, 01:23 PM   #114  
Diane

Lemonthyme: I liked your vent! Glad you shared! Haha! For me, I don't really have a specific item of clothing I am waiting for, but I want to get the fluff sticking out above my waistbands to go away. When I was down to 217, it was so much flatter. Now, not so much. So that would be nice to see again!

I didn't weigh myself today. I seem to be avoiding that for some reason. "Conveniently forgetting" to get on the scale in the mornings.
Old 05-17-2016, 01:55 PM   #115  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

lemonthyme In my case, my weight gain was so fast that I have oodles of clothes just sitting in boxes waiting for me. My weight would stabilize and i would get tired of my limited wardrobe and outfit myself and then bam! another 20 lbs. One of my rewards is I have boxed up EVERYTHING that doesnt fit except one pair of jeans and when they fit, I get to go through the boxes and pull out some not so old friends, + 1 pair of the next size jeans, and box everything else up for the next round. For awhile I was trying to sort by size but in a fit of fury I tossed everything randomly in boxes - from size 2-16 all mixed together, so I may take some time pre-sorting so each size is like it's own little gift box. I'm pretty much too old and mommy to care if what was fashionable when I bought it is out by the time I can wear it again!

Although I do need new bras soon. Mine are very worn out. Bras are the one thing I am NOT looking forward to getting smaller. The only perk of being fat is that I can buy bras in a normal store instead of a specialty store. Right now I am a 38-40 E or F which you can find at Target or Nordstrom Rack. When I was skinny I was a 32F/G which you can only find in stores where the clearance bras are $70. Maybe my goal weight will be while I am still wearing a 34 band because that's about as small as is affordable!

Last edited by ennay; 05-17-2016 at 01:58 PM.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:18 AM   #116  

ennay: I'd love to be a size 2! I think the last time that was for me was as a toddler, as a preteen I went from a size 14 right into a size 11/12. I couldn't begin to imagine being that trim. I saved all my jeans from pre-pregnancy w/my oldest (classic styling, no mom jean waistline, but not the pooch bearing rise either) so I hope to get there and then move on. Those were 16s. I tired of all my tops, so most of those have been parted with. I just long to loose the 4 hook bra, I get your odd expensive size. I have a weird band/cup thing myself, in fact the time before last the gal measuring me laughed at me, that was a mood killer for me. I can get my size still economically, but I am usually limited to white and nude - sorry but bigger boobs like to have colors and prints too.

slash: I am glad you didn't mind my vent. I don't know what to make of the world w/all the faux-famous, frankly I wish they'd all go away. Any who - how was your running? Did you avoid the scale this morning?

AM: I stink at loosing weight! Hey, if I weighed in last week, I lost 4 lbs. then the weekend and sadness hit me (I'm dealing post m/c right now and have more weird days then good days) and I am right back where I started. Boo hiss. I didn't get to the gym last night, DH had an impromptu meeting come up and he didn't get in until later. I aim for tonight to go move.

So- for me 0 lbs lost

Today I will aim to get planting outside, the last week or so we have had a lot of frost warnings and I don't want to loose my investment for the spring/summer months. So the plants will get to move on outside here hopefully today. That will be good, it takes too stinking long to water them in batches in my kitchen sink - i'd rather the hose technique at one time. Perhaps the busyness of that will spur on a bit of weightloss. And ennay: I am not wearing my shorts - hah! So no extra moons to the day.

Good luck to the rest of you with nice numbers on your scale. I aim to right mine and begin taking them down AGAIN.
Old 05-18-2016, 12:40 PM   #117  
Diane

Hi all. Really busy today, so just a quick hi! No weight loss for the challenge for me. Ugh. I am going to really buckle down and recommit. I'm tired of no success.....
Old 05-19-2016, 08:11 AM   #118  

Morning! Well slowly changing my outlook heading into the weekend. I know I can do this and if I make one good change a day maybe this whole journey will become a bit easier for me. Last night I felt deprived of food which is nonsense it's just that I'm limiting sweets more than usual and I was craving fruit in excess and of course the chocolate. I can do these but I have to do them in moderation. Yesterday I felt I needed lots therefore the deprivation feeling. Dumb I know. But if I can have a half piece of fruit and get on with it then that's a good move. Deprivation be darned.

I thought about clothing to move into. I sew so I'd like to make a skirt that fits well that is summery and trendy. I'm a sahm but I'm not one of those trendy ones you see who take photos of their outfits daily especially the new purse each day (who has time to switch out the purse daily?) I'm a Tshirt jeans/yoga pant some days mom. I'd like to dress a bit nicer some days so my kids see I care about myself and you can look nice even if you are at home all day. I however am not the mom who goes out in public in her pj bottoms which is a big thing in the Podunk I live in. So a skirt that has easy care in maybe a pattern I've not been able to wear in a while. I will be making a new swimsuit for the year as well. That's practical and not much else.

Today I can finally plant it got down to a crispy 38 last night my plants would have had shock if I had put them out yesterday. So hopefully w today's movement it will be a help to my body and my yard looks nicer w my efforts.

Good luck to all of you. May your scales say you are doing well!
Old 05-19-2016, 12:54 PM   #119  
Diane

I'm heading out of town today. Hoping to make good choices while I'm gone. I'll be back on Monday. Have a good weekend everyone!
Old 05-20-2016, 08:52 AM   #120  

slash: Have safe travels and lots of fun w/your family!

Ennay: how's that scale looking for you?

Hello all!

AM:
Going away this weekend too to visit family. I Know my diet goes crazy when traveling too. Strangely though I can usually come home w/a bit of a loss. Will see if I can maintain and eat well.

I was gardening/planting for over 5 hours yesterday. That was helpful for the old spirit. Something w/playing w/the dirt and seeing the happy plants get happier once they are in a big swath of earth is therapeutic. I just wish I had a bit more time to get it all in. My LO didn't want to stick close yesterday so I called his GGM and asked if she'd watch him today so I can finish on up before leaving. She was fine with it. She's close to 90 but she enjoys the company and she can get my kids to nap easily (WHY?!). That will be a big help.

I hope this movement was a good help to the scale, of course I have my coffee in me and my breakfast but I can get a general idea if it was at all helpful. Next week I will reset in earnest as things slow down. Good weekend to you all!
Closed Thread