Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 06:40 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

235 for me today. That was nice to see. Slowly it's moving back down and I hope it continues.

ennay: thanks for the pant advice. I will hopefully be looking at some new wares one of these fine days. W/swimming - have you switched positions? I don't know if you are one that only swam on your stomach, when I was pregnant I'd get dizzy and claustrophobic when I was face down in the water, I ended up flipping to my back and doing the backstroke, which in the end I liked better. If you can swim, maybe try something like that and see if your vertigo doesn't return.

slash: Thanks too on the pant advice. Keep going with the loss - .4 down is DOWN and good! A little at a time and you will soon find yourself on the way out of the 200s. Keep up the good work.

Kat: Oh exercise, it's hard to fit in w/the family schedule. The walk is something simple but gets us both out. I try to keep w/my recumbent indoor cycling, but of late my best times to go are when I am dead tired. I know, it takes a bit to make a change to your life for the better and make it a habit. I will get it back going, you will too. Sorry to hear work is crazy, that always the sexy bod seems to get the jobs/promotions etc. I wish those hiring saw beyond a size or shape. A lot of us are very smart and good in our jobs it doesn't matter what our outside package is. However, sadly that's not always how the world works. Hope the low carb lunch was good for you.

AM: have gotten in 66 oz of water and will begin the next 33 oz. I am trying to increase each day a bit as I am finding it helps more than not so I'm drinking away. I was happy to see the scale moved again. Here's to hoping that keeps up.
Old 05-05-2016, 10:14 PM   #92  

S/C/G: Highest:266/T/Size 8

Height: 5'4

ennay - Woo hoo!! And feel free to toss your fast start this way!

lemonthyme- Geeze!! I'm so impressed with your water intake. I think that might be a good baby step for me too. Just drinking dang water. I get so busy I just forget to drink and then snarf like crazy while I study. 99oz! WOW. What your water goal?

I'll have a limited license to practice to practice only family law. Its actually a brand new program: http://www.americanbar.org/publicati...chnicians.html

slashnl - Oohh, Jumping into the 220s sound like a nice milestone. I always love seeing a news "decade" .4 adds up fast.

Kat - LOL@ impatient 5 year old, so true in many ways, right?!! You're completely right, time will go buy anyway. And you'll be so proud of what you did in that time.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:01 AM   #93  

sarah: I don't really have a water goal. I generally try to shoot for my 99 oz (I have a 33oz bottle) and if I go cycle I throw in generally another and drink as I move. I use to when working do at least 64 oz a day. Since staying at home that has fallen by the way side. So I am trying to pick up the water pieces and do better. Good for you on your degree. Will you be working mainly in divorce/child placement?

Hello all!

AM:234.4
keeping up with weighing each day is hard in my crazy house, but I attempt to keep it up. Today i was happy to see the scale move a bit. Yesterday afternoon/evening was not good carb wise for me. Its TOM and it hit me hard. I am figuring I have to flex with it and be good as best I can and if it happens it happens and then get back on the horse and make better choices tomorrow.

I'd like to get out of this decade for good. Posting my weight daily seems a help. Now I do hope I can continue this weekend w/decent numbers calorie wise and perhaps a bit more movement. I am encouraged, I have on a pair of shorts I wore last summer, they are swimming at my waist currently, not so good for planting in the yard (no moons rising here! ) but that makes me smile that they feeling this way.

Keep up the good work all! YOU CAN DO THIS!
Old 05-06-2016, 10:52 AM   #94  

S/C/G: Highest:266/T/Size 8

Height: 5'4

Weighed in at 224.5. Finally heading in the right direction!!

Lemon- woohoo, mooning for a great cause haha!! And yes, I'll do divorces, parenting plans/child support.

Last edited by SarahFairhope; 05-06-2016 at 10:55 AM.
Old 05-06-2016, 11:34 AM   #95  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

222.0 today -0.2
Old 05-06-2016, 11:38 AM   #96  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

lemon: Nice! You're seeing some losses now! That's always good to see, and gives you a little lift. Good job on getting the water in!

Sarah: Sounds like a good career. I'm sure there is always a need for that type of law.

For me, I had a pretty big exercise day yesterday. Lifting in the morning, and running in the afternoon. The run was fantastic, it was beautiful out there. But, the scale went up this morning. 234. Not a big increase, but I hope it goes back down with some rest days coming up. I will be extra diligent this weekend, knowing I am going to report weight on Monday!!
Old 05-06-2016, 11:42 AM   #97  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Slashni - when I was marathoning I would gain as much as 8 lbs after a long run. It got better as I got more fit, but that first 8 lbs gain was a shock!

Sarah - congrats!

lemonthyme - hah - get some new shorts!
Old 05-08-2016, 11:44 PM   #98  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

I have my 220 reward (new shorts, I only have 2 pairs and now that I am working out at home, I wear them for workouts so none for the summer, and none that are not sports shorts) queued up in Amazon ready to go. Although I might go shopping at a real store for some "around town" shorts.
Old 05-09-2016, 10:43 AM   #99  

ennay: good for you on the short shopping. I won't go for a while yet, belts it is if doing yard work here!

Hello all!

Did not hop on the scale today I am afraid my weekend bettered me, but we will see tomorrow. Dealing w/horrific spring allergies as int eh kind that almost swells shut your eyes - that kind. So I am not doing much of anything presently but sitting here having my coffee and checking my morning emails.

Hope those of you who are mom's/to be had a lovely day yesterday.

Here's for good weigh ins to the rest of you.
Old 05-09-2016, 11:40 AM   #100  
Diane

Ennay: Shorts are a good reward! I need to get some new ones, too. I don't know if I can wait until 220's, though....

Lemonthyme: We must have been on the same page this weekend. I was not diligent at all. Ugh.

So, I didn't weigh this morning. I will tomorrow, but I know I did some damage. I am not going to get to my 5 pound goal if I don't get myself reined in.
Old 05-09-2016, 12:12 PM   #101  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Slashni 230 then? I'm trying to do something every 10 lbs.

Weight is back up a little today. I ate more than usual yesterday but not enough for actual gain. I think I am in one of my divots. I got stuck at this exact weight the last 3 times I started. That's pretty typical for me. Roll around like a marble in a dish for a period of time then slide down to the next dish in a matter of days. I have pretty repeatable dishes all through my weight - part of why my maybe goal is 156 not 155. This is day 6 of bouncing between 222.2 and 221.6. I just have to hold on for the slide
Old 05-10-2016, 09:36 AM   #102  

slash: sadly I am joining you - I guess mothers day was too much of a treat. That means I need to work harder this week. It also means I am not one of those women that get the "whoosh" of weight loss after TOM. Fabulous. I eat during that time like no other. Ok, sweets specifically. Love to slay that old need! We'll work it down once again.

ennay: I hear you on the getting stuck along the way, I have just been stuck too long in the same crazy decade that I am ready to go screaming out of. New shorts are a good way of celebrating. Whats for the next decade? I am finding my feet are shrinking some, so that's been a good feeling to leave the nines back to 8 1/2s.

Hello all!

AM: 235 this am. BOO. Well back on the calorie count to the extreme I go. I did have movement this weekend but not enough to counteract what I put in my mouth. So here we go again. I will get these 5 lbs off by next week, that's my goal so I need to stick to it.

Rainy and cold here today, just watered the new plants as they are on my front porch waiting to be planted (I think I will stretch that until Monday next week as we are to be in the frost type temps late in week). Easier to cover is my motto if frost is imminent.

My LO is enjoying our daily 1/2 mile walks, he's getting a bit quicker so I can pick up my stride. We are doing a lot of site seeing for him as we walk and have had grand conversations on flowering trees of late. I love seeing his interests at this young age.

Good luck to all of you minding the calories and exercising today.

Last edited by lemonthyme; 05-10-2016 at 09:36 AM.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:03 AM   #103  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

lemonthyme I probably wont pick the next one until I get close to it.

Saw some movement on the scale today, hopefully this will start another down trend.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:05 PM   #104  
Diane

Ennay: That's a good way to put it, being a marble in a dish. That is exactly what it is like.

Lemonthyme: Yep, just need to keep working on it. We can't let these backsliding weekends stop progress!!

I actually didn't get on the scale again. This time, it was more a problem with not enough time this morning. I forgot to go back into the bathroom to check it. Tomorrow I'll report.

Running tonight. Not sure if that will help or hurt. We'll see how it goes.
Old 05-11-2016, 03:13 PM   #105  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

220.2 today. Was very tempting to not have my coffee and hang out until I had to pee again to get that number to flip over, but it will have to wait for another day.
Closed Thread