Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 04:52 PM   #181  

S/C/G: Peak 300/Restart 270/Goal 130

Height: 5'4.5'

Sounds like everyone is off and running this week. That is always a good thing. Busy means less time to snack

My weekend won't be much different than the week - monitoring and taking care of the recuperating kitty. It was gratifying to have him snuggle up the last couple of nights and this morning he was actually playful, so it seems like he is feeling better. Me - I'm exhausted! But my little ball of fur is worth it. Only big plan is to clean and perhaps throw out a bunch of stuff. I don't know if it is the time of life or that I need major changes in other areas - but I am in this massive purging mood. More than normal. Wish I could throw my job away! That's what needs changing the most.

Too bad this area is so prejudice against obese people. It has been an issue in looking for work - combined with payscale. And... finally I hate what I do - I'm tired of being the whipping boy/babysitter/waitress (read executive assistant).

ugh, enough out of me. Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!
Old 06-10-2016, 05:09 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Kat: out of your many hats is there one that you enjoy immensely that you can turn into a different job? Or do you have a hobby that you can do as well? Just a thought, sometimes there is something when you stop to think about it that will spark and take off. Oh I'm tired of all those who think you are one way just because you carry excess weight. For me it was because I worked w a group of people who all married at 20-24 and at that age I was single so therefore there must be something wrong w me. At the time they were in their 50s and would gossip on that. Boy were they wrong I did marry just not at that age. Hang in there.

Misti: fabulous on the pool. It's 95 here today and super muggy I took the kids to the pool though warm it still felt nice. I have the AC on at home. I used to lap swim but find it difficult to do in an outdoor as I swim on my back and I have nothing to line up against and tend to pull one way or the other. Enjoy!

Slash: good for you on the runs youve done. I hope to keep things moving this next week I hope I can be successful. Oh if I can take off a few more even better. Hang in there and fight the weekend. Maybe tell yourself it's a Monday on a long weekend.

Am: swim in moreso holding the LO and keeping him afloat. Waiting for a big storm to hit tonight on our travels. Dinner will be on the road so I need to make smart choices. Well smart choices the whole travels. I've got some recipes pulled for such.

Wishing you all well and an enjoyable summer weekend!
Old 06-13-2016, 02:12 PM   #183  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Misti - How nice that you found a pool that fits your timing and has something you really like! I'm not much of a swimmer, so I don't do it for exercise. I can save myself... that's about it.

Kat - Glad that your kitty is doing better. Sorry about the job, that's not good. Everyone has things that they don't like about their job, but when it is the entire job you don't like, that's not good.

Lemonthyme: I hope you have safe travels! Just keep trying to make good choices and I'll bet you'll be fine!! I hope you really enjoy the time away with family!!

Had a decent weekend!! I wasn't perfect, but I also wasn't out of control either with my food. That's a win in my book. I actually made my mini goal of losing 2 pounds last week. I had actually lost more than that on Friday, but the weekend took me back up to JUST making my goal. Whew! So, I'm going to set a new 2 pound goal for this week. It is aggressive for me to try for 2 pounds per week, and I know it won't happen all the time, but I want to keep that as a goal at least until I get back down into the 220's. No exercising for me over the weekend, but I did a lot of yard work! Maybe not as much yard work this next weekend. I hope!

Have a great week!!
Old 06-14-2016, 01:06 PM   #184  
IP start 4/4/16

S/C/G: 280/235/199.9

Height: 5ft6in

It's taken me almost 2 weeks to get from 241 to 238.2 but here I am, finally official!! So happy to join you all but I'm not staying long I hope!

Going back to read all of the recent posts but couldn't wait to come here and write to you all after my weigh-in.
Old 06-14-2016, 02:52 PM   #185  
Diane

Carrots: So glad you made it here! Maybe we can all forge ahead and move to the next lower thread soon!

As for me, I checked the scale this morning, just trying to keep focused. It was good, so I need to keep it up. I would love to meet my goal on Monday.
Old 06-14-2016, 02:56 PM   #186  

S/C/G: Peak 300/Restart 270/Goal 130

Height: 5'4.5'

Carrots - Welcome and congrats! Great job!

Slash: Awesome on the 2 pounds! That had to be very gratifying! I am sure you will achieve this week's goal as well!

Lemon: Thanks of the advice, that is actually what I am trying to determine now with the help of a career coach. It's a slow process made a bit slower as I don't have internet access at home. Just not in the budget at this time. It's actually not a bad thing most of the time, I can get sucked into surfing stupid sites and watching shows. But at other times, when I really need to do something I have to drive the half hour to the library. In the cool weeks here, I cheat and use the wifi from the grocery store as I sit in their parking lot

I don't know how I managed this week... I truly don't. I know I was eating more than I should but some how managed to lose 1.2 pounds. Finally broke 230 by a cupcake! I am at 229.8 this morning.

Just curious what methods you are all using to lose. I know a lot of you are very exercise dedicated (how I envy that! Honestly!). I am avoiding my allergen foods (which are quite a few) and low carb, moderate protein, moderate fat.
Old 06-15-2016, 12:48 PM   #187  
Diane

Kat: Yay for you! You went down into a new decade! That's exciting. I am looking forward to being able to get back in the 220's myself. So, even though you didn't feel like you did good enough, you must have and there is your reward!! As for your question on what I'm doing to try to lose, I do a lot of workouts. I don't feel like exercising does as much for weight loss as a good food plan, but I think it helps. I do spin and body pump classes, alternating every morning, and then I run on Tuesday and Thursday after work. For food, I count calories, keeping track on myfitnesspal. I don't really cut anything out, specifically, but I try to keep carbs low, protein high, and lots of veggies.

Had a good run last night. I meant to get on the scale this morning, but I was running especially late today, so didn't get it done. Still keeping Monday as my official weigh in day. Overall, doing well with food plan. I have to go to some business lunches today and tomorrow, so I need to keep disciplined!!!
Old 06-15-2016, 02:14 PM   #188  

Height: 5'8.5"

Carrots

Way to go and welcome to the thread. Glad you bounced down here to join us!!

Greetings to everyone else. My weight has stayed right the same for a week for more but that is typical for me... then it will go down a bit and hang again. But at least it is not going up!!!

Old 06-15-2016, 03:08 PM   #189  
IP start 4/4/16

S/C/G: 280/235/199.9

Height: 5ft6in

Thanks everyone! Let's all hurry up and get outta here! 2-teens will feel like a miracle to me. And some of the clothes in my closet might start to fit by then...
Old 06-15-2016, 06:39 PM   #190  

S/C/G: 290/seeticker/199

Height: 5'6''

Hi everyone, and welcome Carrots!

My week has just been work, eat, sleep. Staying on plan, but nothing exciting going on.

I am losing by just counting calories and logging my food on My Fitness Pal. I need to start exercising, but so far that thought hasn't made it from my brain to my feet .

Slashni, I am envious that you run. A brisk walk tires me out! Have you always been a runner?
Old 06-16-2016, 12:45 PM   #191  
Diane

Misti: It definitely is better to have it stay the same rather than going up! And it sounds like you know how your body reacts, so kudos on that!

Carrots: So ready to get to the 2 teens. I was there for a while back in October, but then slipped up and let it go back up for a while. I'm ready to get it back down. I noticed that when I was in my 2 teens, my stomach was a lot flatter. Not perfectly so, but not poochy like it is now. I think I got a little too confident in being able to lose and get down to onederland. Can't let that happen again.

BrandNewDay: Glad you are staying on plan. That's good! Exercising will come for you. I do think that the majority of weight loss is from eating plans, so keep going! To answer your question, I wasn't a runner before. After losing a lot of weight, I just wanted to give it a try. (I have a friend who is a runner, and I just wanted to see if I could do it.) I used the C25K (couch to 5k) app for my phone and worked my way up to running a 5K. I actually ran one, too, just to say I did it. I could hardly run at all at first, but now I do like how I feel and how it helps with strength and endurance. I slacked off for a while and I'm trying to get back to where I was. Slowly getting there.

So, speaking of running, I am going to go after work. I'm trying to reach a goal, so we'll see if I can get there tonight. Nobody is home tonight with me, so after running, I can go home and collapse rather than making dinner! Ha! I call that a win! I've been doing fairly well with meal plan. We had a business lunch yesterday and there is another one today. I did just ok yesterday, but the choices were nothing but pastas. We're actually going to a restaurant today, so maybe there will be something a little better.
Old 06-16-2016, 06:42 PM   #192  

Hello everyone. Slashnl, enjoy your run and the bonus of not having to make dinner!!!

Yes, my eating plan works well for me and I actually enjoy eating this way so I stick with it. I focus on health rather than weight loss and find that if I truly eat healthfully the weight will come off. I just mostly eat organic, whole foods -- avoid chemicals, GMOs, processed foods, fake sugar, etc. and of course get off my butt and get moving. Not always successful ha ha but I try.

Old 06-18-2016, 06:23 PM   #193  
Diane

Misti: It is so true that when you're eating right, you do feel better! That's why it amazes me when I get off track. Makes no sense!

Just hanging on for the weekend. So far, so good!
Old 06-18-2016, 08:43 PM   #194  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashnl View Post
Misti: It is so true that when you're eating right, you do feel better! That's why it amazes me when I get off track. Makes no sense!

Just hanging on for the weekend. So far, so good!
Yes, I always think the same thing when I get off track... "Why do I DO this when I actually enjoy eating properly when I am doing it." Old habits die hard, I guess.
Old 06-20-2016, 08:47 AM   #195  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

I am back! I should have stayed connected while traveling, but it was a time for me to get away from electronics and enjoy the people around me. Sadly, the weight crept back up. Now granted I weighed myself after coffee (2 cups, so that's a pound in theory) and weeding for an hour. And the day after fathers day - my own meal and my ILS, so after a beer, 2 sodas (BAD), a dove ice cream bar, you see the path: this morning I was 242 with wet hair and a towel on. So today i will get back on the dreaded horse to get into the 230s and then out of the 230s. Sadness, well, it's all a journey right?

Hope you all have been having a good summer. Sounds like you all are finding good strides in exercise or eating. I aim to join you again. I got back to the egg and string cheese this am. The weeding helped, though it was slow going. Everything is looking hairy here - I had planned to do my garden, but since anyone passing my house sees my front beds, that is what I did today. Things that I have had wonderful luck with past summers look horrible right now. I tried a new seed and horrible luck with it germinating! Hopefully these get going and look good soon.

Get me in check ladies and with a positive attitude that I can take this darn stuff off yet again. I will weigh in tomorrow correctly and before eating. Let's hope it's 239. I am not moving into the 240 group, based on principal that perhaps I can loose a bit today. Heres to moving it.
Closed Thread