Old 11-29-2015, 09:55 AM   #1  
Intermittent Lifestyle

S/C/G: 260/260/160

Height: 5'9

Default 100 lbs long term intermittent diet days.

Hi I'm Jump 360.
I'm 50 with a 100lbs fat loss goal in the long term.
I currently weigh 260lbs.
My goal is to lose 5 lbs a month one week at a time.
The method I'm choosing is mostly calorie restriction on week by week basis.
I'll be aiming at 3400 calories of restriction over 7 days.

I prefer intermittent days. Where I can eat normally 4 days a week to avoid my will power short comings. Eat very little every other day 3 days a week.

For fitness I plan to jump on trampoline, do jumping jacks, and jumprope.
Starting today.
Wish me luck!

Last edited by Jump 360; 11-29-2015 at 10:40 AM.
Jump 360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 10:27 AM   #2  
Intermittent Lifestyle

I try to add healthier foods as start dieting agian.
This is my 7th serious attempt to lose more than 30lbs in 25 years.

Guide Rule #1
Low calorie drinks.
Healthy teas, and water with lemon are just as thirst quenching as sugary drinks.
Keeping the calories out of drinks helps with counting calories, and making meal plans.
I don't freak out though if I a have a sugary soda pop when nothing else is to be had.

Along with diet restriction. I look at some other ways to improve my health other than dieting alone.
I've quit smoking and drinking alcohol. Now I'm trying to eat healthy and exercise a little or as much as im able.

Last edited by Jump 360; 12-14-2015 at 11:38 PM.
Old 11-30-2015, 10:50 PM   #3  
Intermittent Lifestyle

Yesterday was a good calorie restriction day for me.
I had 200 cal for break fast.
300 call for dinner .
Then an 8 hour shift turned into 13 hours.
12,386 steps taken.
500 cals in 45 hours.
I don't prefer that long with so few calories. Glad it's past tense.

I made sure to get plenty of water. My understanding is that staying hydrated doesn't increase metabolism . However when dehydrated a humans metabolism becomes conservative, can slow it's metabolism as much as 17%.

Last edited by Jump 360; 12-01-2015 at 12:15 AM.
Old 12-01-2015, 12:12 AM   #4  
Intermittent Lifestyle

After watching the new tv series BREAKTHROUGH.
I have hope about being on medication metformin.
It seems it may be a candidate medication to be considered a longevity medication. Semi call for being obese comparitivly to mortality rates of obese peoples that have never taken the medication. And it's cheap.

my meal plans also are geared for longevity.
Basically high energy day followed by low energy days.

i got used to intermittent semi fasting.
Where i go to bed. Eat no more than 600 calories that day and go to bed again.
the the fast was over. So i was on low energy day followed by high energy day

4 high energy days a week and three low energy days was doable for me.
so i see im going right back into that pattern. I'm pleased.

Last edited by Jump 360; 12-01-2015 at 12:22 AM.
Old 12-01-2015, 03:17 PM   #5  
Intermittent Lifestyle

Getting started after a long unplanned break. I've starting to see where this going.
. What My Weak Points Are .

separating from family meal time.
shopping for fresh, but never running out of my healthy foods.
Adapting my schedule of eating to what works best.

family is on board , but there's much temptation.
I'm using a shopping service that brings me the dried goods.
this way im mostly just in the produce section. And just buying what i need for the day.
it turns out that I'm able to go entire shifts now. I was unable to do it before. But after trying to semi fast on theweekends. Its a lot of will power vs being at work wh
ere foods can be avoided and unseen or smelled.
An iffy tactic is the use of sleep aids. But its of the non habit over the counter kind.

Basically I eat with family ending about 6pm sunday. I go to work at 1am monday night eat nothing . Get off work , go home and jump into bed. I wake up around 4pm and when family is about eat their dinner . I go back to bed. At 12:01 a
m Tuesday morning I eat some healthy tacos loaded with healthy stuff.
This puts me at 30 hours at zero calorie s.

The back up plan is
sunday at 6 pm last meal.
monday at 6 pm six hundred calories.
Tuesdayat 6 am end the semi fast.

I'm in the first week of trying this starting on
sunday at 6
Tuesday at 6
and Thursday at 6.

leaving the weekends for eating normally.
And for now I'm just in trial mode so I have now weight loss goals.

I'll be taking a planned break from dieting ffrom Xmas to the new year.
and then implement the diet.
When i do I'll start making changes to the other four normal eating days.
M. Where focus there will be making the count for the week over all will be 2000x7.
14000 calories and try to make them either highly nutritious, cancer fighting foods and or other health benefit.
for every ten pounds I lose Ill drop the weekly total 700 calories

So for now I'll keep practicing the calorie days until Xmas
and then weigh in on new years day. By then I should be know what tweaks to make it work everytime.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:09 PM   #6  
Intermittent Lifestyle

After two 36 hour fasts im at cracker barrel eating cat fish , a sweet potato, fried ocra, sweet baby carrots , and corn bread. Then i won't eat again for 36 hours .
i didn't keep under the 14000 cals mark for the last 7 days though. I'm not trying to lose weight yet.
I'm trying to start to fit fasting three days a week back into my life.
Stlye. Hope to post good news saturday.
I estimate I'll start losing 5 lbs a month when I start counting calories on the feed days.

Last edited by Jump 360; 12-03-2015 at 07:10 PM.
Old 12-14-2015, 08:27 PM   #7  
Intermittent Lifestyle

So far the weight loss isnt happening.
However it's not been my goal.
My temporary is to get accustomed to the 30-36 hours long fasts, and get to 3 days per week.
so it's working out the differences between my plans and what actually works successfully.
So im not going through the guilt issues when i fail during the first month.

With 16 days to go till new years day im feeling very confident.
This make the 3rd serious attempt of trying to adapt the intermittent fasting lifestyle as my calorie restriction plan for weightloss.
I've been doing alot of homework and trials. I'm become expert at dietary nutrition.
I've become knowledgeable in the area of food nutrition synergies as w
ell.
Further ive explored many aspects of centenarys. People whom live to 100 years and what they lifestyles are. In addition to that what may be occurring on the cellular level for this to be happening.
looking at the statistics and death rates. I've made my choices on what and when to eat drink and exercise.

My choices are.
intermittent semi fasting 3 days a week and intermittent high energy and nutrition dense
Food and exersise on the other for days of week. So that is a routine of low energy food one day followed by high energy health food the next that helps to exercise.
I have the energy to walk more than 70,000 step per week, and accomplish strength training. though the strength training is more of social aspect. Its motivating to to look muscular male when i reach goal than to be thin and scrauny.
My #1 concern is visceral fat that surrounds organs. I taking a leap of faith rather than solid science on the focus of reducing the visceral fat. Hours of walking everyday balanced with body building and HIIT exercise with a health food diet.

I'm ready!

Last edited by Jump 360; 12-14-2015 at 11:42 PM.
Old 12-19-2015, 11:49 AM   #8  
Intermittent Lifestyle

Yea me!

I fasted all 3 days this week. I have had less struggle than than ive any time before.
I've my diet choice not by how quick it works . But how well it transitions me to to a healthier lifestyle. So that I can struggle less when the fat loss goals are achieved. Basically focus on hunger management. But the quality of the health food Is good enoug to be on the anti cancer anti inflamation , and be full of the nutrition geared for longevity. I put in the walking , the cardio, the weight bearing exercise.
i also fast resposibly. Eat fish twice a week and limit unhealthy fats.
I'm suprised by it ! 4 days a week I eat very well and feel full all day.
the other 3 days. Is basically sleeping while hungry.
I've lost 2lbs this week.
Old 12-23-2015, 02:31 PM   #9  
Intermittent Lifestyle

Default Hump day struggles

I have no regrets restarting this diet lifestyle. I choose this way because I believe it extends longevity. While I'm commiting to the full 14 days per 28 days a month. I am commiting to 12 days per 28. This make weekends more social and the lifestyle less disruptive and doable.
Weekly intermittent semi fasting.

Saturday eat normally
Sunday eat normally no later than 6pm.
Tuesday eat at 12:30 am.
Tuesday eat normally no later than 6pm.
Thursday eat at 12:30 am
Thursday eat normally no later 6pm
Friday eat less than 600 calories at at 6pm.

Wednesday is the only day where I stuggle with will power. I am allowed a maximum of 600 calories on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
I try to avoid all calories on Mondays and Fridays, but Wednesday's I take no chances with having strong hunger issues. I eat 600 calories of nutrition dense foods and on Thursday I eat very satisfying and filling fish meal.

This leaves basically 4 days a week to choose 4 entrees. Due to breakfasts and lunches being the healthiest foods on earth. I go further and commit to eating health fish for two of those entrees. Thus leaving me with Basically two dinners. This is where I'm careful and diligent. The need to be satisfying enough to feel great after eating but also as have health food benefits.
This is what I came up with.
1st dinner of the week TUNA Tuesdays.
2nd dinner of the week healthiest steak fajitas and salsa Thursdays.
3rd dinner of the week grilled catfish platter. Saturdays.
4th dinner of the week buffet style with emphasis on the salad and vegtable bar.

I have demonstrated to myself that I can lose 5lbs a month with lifestyle wether i exercise or not , and messing up and having a binge still does not ruin the diet.
this is doable for me.

I have feed days followed by fast days.
Old 12-30-2015, 08:44 AM   #10  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Hi, I wondered how you were doing?

I do admire your intermittent way of eating! I couldn't do it, I have to be either On a diet or Off it, if I try the intermittent way - which I know has lots of benefits - it feels like the first day of a diet every fast day/low intake day.

Did you explore the metformin? I was prescribed it in June this year for type 2 diabetes. I only take a tiny amount, because higher dosages gave me dreadful gastro problems. I've lost 68 of the 100lbs I needed to lose in June, so the diabetes has improved; so we're looking at me coming off it in January: I don't need it for the diabetes (I don't think the dose was high enough to affect the diabetes really) but I'm wondering about sticking with it because of all the other benefits I hear it has.

Some people find it helps with weightloss, because it does - at least, at first - take the edge off hunger; but I don't think I've ever over-eaten due to hunger (just for all the other reasons ) so it didn't help me that way. Quite fancy some longevity though!!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 08:59 PM   #11  
Intermittent Lifestyle

Default Hi Rosinate

I need to edit this but I need to sleep

My apologies I stopped posting during a planned break. I didn't see your post.
If I didn't have a tight grip on my blood sugars I wouldnt choose intermittent fasting.

I'm pleased ive lost 10lbs in the weeks leading up to the new year. Down to 250. Its not a great achievement Imo to lose the first 10 when seriously trying.

I'm happy about though. I kept on posting even though I didn't have much responses . It keeps me focussed. To me intermittent fasting can be more of a lifestyle. So I had not fasted for 6 months . Nor did try to eat healthy . So once I decided to get back on into the lifestyle. Theres the adjustments period where I planned it. But what really happened phase. Then getting the other persons in my life into the lifestyle or used to me not being at the table everyday. So there's far less temptation especially when I apply guilt on the tempters. So that period is gone and into the phase. Fasting 3 days a week. Eating nutrition dense 4 days a week combined with exercise.
only time will tell if all the antioxidants, pre and probiotics , supplements, the medication, as well as the detox habits will make much difference at the 50 years stage.

I've learned a few thing that I'll share.
when you're really hungry it's easy to fall asleep and sometimes after just a few hours of sleep hunger pangs seem to subside. Then near the 30 -36 hour mark . Some of the foods that aren't very tasty. Are like the best food ever! So eating the healthy stuff hard at all. The other thing is coming from the comfort foods and or junk food lifestyle to the full on longevity foods. Isn't as hard either. What the most struggle is taking away 5 days from junk food lifestyle and replacing them with 108 hours of fasting and then have healthy fish for dinner on two feed days. So the adjustment was to find two feed days a week that are rich in food nutrition and is completely satisfying . Satisfyingly enough to make the past completely forgetable. I don't think about how hungry I'll be. Instead I look forward to to feed days with confidence knowing that I'm sated four days a week.

I'll through in that I believe this is a partial anti cancer diet. However it would be very good for trying to maintain weight once I reach my goal.
My goal is more about body fat ration than a weight number. But I want to be 10lbs . But strong instead of scrauny. There a period of time after eating around the 26 - 32 hours where most of the sugars and proteins have been metabolized. Then at the point the shifts into a cellular repair mode referee to as DNA repair mode. At the point I'm adjust my timing to be asleep when the other natural repair functions are at optimum.

But above all else it has to be doable. Because I won't stick to it if it's not.
I can be hungry for a day if I know a great dinner will be had the next day.
I made it simple. Its like going to bed hungry and waking up to a fantastic breakfast. You get used to it and eventually start looking forward to it.

I think I'm bit in a unique situation though. I work third shift .but I have a small family that is anything but 3rd shift. It becomes an advantage to eat. Sleep go to work when I get off work I've not eaten for 18 hours. The advantage is I can simply go to sleep again instead of eating.
what I didn't expect was after 4 years of trying this for 6 months or longer at time is it was extremely difficult the very first few time I tried it. But over the years it's become much much easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
Hi, I wondered how you were doing?

I do admire your intermittent way of eating! I couldn't do it, I have to be either On a diet or Off it, if I try the intermittent way - which I know has lots of benefits - it feels like the first day of a diet every fast day/low intake day.

Did you explore the metformin? I was prescribed it in June this year for type 2 diabetes. I only take a tiny amount, because higher dosages gave me dreadful gastro problems. I've lost 68 of the 100lbs I needed to lose in June, so the diabetes has improved; so we're looking at me coming off it in January: I don't need it for the diabetes (I don't think the dose was high enough to affect the diabetes really) but I'm wondering about sticking with it because of all the other benefits I hear it has.

Some people find it helps with weightloss, because it does - at least, at first - take the edge off hunger; but I don't think I've ever over-eaten due to hunger (just for all the other reasons ) so it didn't help me that way. Quite fancy some longevity though!!

Last edited by Jump 360; 01-12-2016 at 09:05 PM. Reason: i need to EDIT THIS SERIOUSLY THOO I NEED TOO XLEEP