Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 02:16 PM   #46  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Curvy, nice drops there, keep up the good work We have a bit in common as do most of us I don't doubt for one second that we'd walk miles together and we'd look great Oh my goodness 143. If I ever see that number my head will get so BIG We can do this. I'm so trying. Today has been hard though.

Martine, batter I think I love the batter more than the cake I hope you all reach whatever goal you've set for the bake sale. What a great cause

Kukkie, glad Peanut is getting better. Also glad hubby has a new work schedule. Things are coming together. Have you heard anything from your former supervisor/job? How much time do you have before your relatives come?

Good job Karen

lovemylife, GO YOU

... got off work early. I had been having Friday's off but not today. I work everyday until next Saturday the 12th. Today was full of test with my ability not to just eat. A co-worker that has left came in to work today and they were getting her a cake and whatever else. We know I don't do well with store bought cake and white icing so I gave her a hug early on and left. I wanted to stay but hubby wanted me to run an errand with him so that helped with the binge that I would have had after the cake. YAY!! Then while out I so wanted to stop anywhere for something quick to eat but we didn't. I kept thinking I'll eat when I get home. I had not had anything to eat since 3:30 this morning. I think I did very well. I almost ate a bag of my daughters lunch chips she left on the table but nope I tossed them to the side. another YAY!! TOM is visiting and yes I want everything

Last edited by love2b150; 09-04-2015 at 02:17 PM.
Old 09-04-2015, 02:37 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Rennie - yay for resisting all of the temptations today! I'm sooo proud of you. Things are definitely coming together for me. The relatives are going to join us when we go to Seattle on October 16. Just before my birthday (19th). And on the job front, yes, things have been progressing along. I'm doing the final stages of the interview process next week, so fingers crossed.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:00 PM   #48  
~Rennie

Thanks Kukkie, remember your birthday is 3 days after my hubby's and 2 days after Kenny's (my baby will be 18 on the 17th) I can do a goal with you if you'd like for hubby's birthday and yours Let me know. It'll be fun like we use to do. Let me know PM me and YAY on the job.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:17 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

Just found this thread. Hope y'all don't mind if I jump on board! I used to be pretty active on 3FC then life got in the way. IT seems when that happens my eating plan takes the first hit. I started once again on July 7, 2015, at my highest weight ever! I am currently on WeightNot and seeing great results.

July 7,2015 318.8
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sept. 4: 276.4
Sept. 5:
Sept. 6:
Sept. 7:
Sept. 8:
Sept. 9:
Sept. 10:
Sept. 11:
Sept. 12:
Sept. 13:
Sept. 14:
Sept. 15:
Sept. 16:
Sept. 17:
Sept. 18:
Sept. 19:
Sept. 20:
Sept. 21:
Sept. 22:
Sept. 23:
Sept. 24:
Sept. 25:
Sept. 26:
Sept. 27:
Sept. 28:
Sept. 29:
Sept. 30:
Old 09-04-2015, 03:21 PM   #50  
~Rennie

to the thread Kate, glad to have you Wow you are doing wonderfully. Tell us about your plan please

Last edited by love2b150; 09-04-2015 at 03:22 PM.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:34 PM   #51  

I am currently on WeightNot.

It is a calorie deficit, Ketogenic diet, with supplements. Mild exercise, 10,000 steps a day/ 5 days per week. It is not recomended to do anything more strenuous because of the calorie restriction.

You weigh all your portions. So while that is a little bit of an inconvience I think it helps ingrain you head just what a portion should look like. You eat lean protien, vegetables and fruit. Nothing processed, no artifical sweetener. You may have stevia as it is a natraul zero calorie sweetener. No dairy or grains.

The plan reports weight loss of .5 to 1 pound a day. I have an average daily loss of .72 pounds per day. I have to say I think that would be higher but one week in August we had a family emergency and I was unable to be at home for meals and in situations where I just had to make the wisest choices. I also had a few adult beverages, which are not permitted on the plan. During that week I had a gain of 2.2 pounds, which I have sense lost. Also I don't always get my 10,000 steps in as I have a knee injury. The weight loss has definately helped the knee though!

What has surprised me the most was the fact that I am not hungry between meals and I don't have cravings. I also think that the fact that I can see results every day is a great motivator! It makes it easy to resist the temptations....Like the root beer floats they are serving at work on break this afternoon!
Old 09-04-2015, 03:44 PM   #52  
~Rennie

Kate (I'm asking ) so you've been on WeightNot since July 7, and have loss 42lbs??? That is great. I use to weigh and measure everything so that's not a problem. I saw they have some type of supplement, does that aid in the weigh loss? Just curious. I saw they have a two month plan and I'm open to try something to help kick start if it's not costly. I also easily get in 10,000 plus steps when I'm working and more than half are active steps that count. I need help with sugar cravings.
Old 09-04-2015, 04:03 PM   #53  

Yes I have been on WeightNot since July 7 and lost 42.4 pounds!!! I can hardly believe it myself. I was skeptical. But they (WeightNot) claimed .5 to 1 pound loss per day. I am averaging .72 pounds per day. So I can say it has worked for me.

Now for the supplements. The first two days are fasting. You drink two "shakes" a day, plus all the water and herbal tea you want. It went surprisingly well for me. I will admit eggs never looked or tasted so good as the did on the morning of day 3. The rest of that week the portions are small and you drink two "shakes" a day. I am not going to lie. The shakes are pretty bad. It is powder you mix with water, almond milk or unsweetened fruit juice. I couldn't handle it with water or almond milk, I used apple or orange juice. If you use water to mix it you may have the juice or almond milk as a snack on the first two days fasting.
Old 09-04-2015, 04:09 PM   #54  

Ooops! I guess I didn't finish about the supplements.

The fast is designed to cleanse the liver. The supplements do a few different things. They control cravings, they promote liver functions and they have additional vitamins in, because you are eating less.

It is a Ketogenic diet so it makes the liver burn fat as it's main source of fuel. However, unlike some Ketogenic diets you don't eat much fat on a daily basis. After your cleanse (or detox) week, there are two days of lipid loading. Lots of protien and fats from foods like nuts, avocados or olives. The once a week you eat only protien and fats (again from nuts, olives and avocados) So the liver if forced to use your stored fat as fuel.

I have not had any negative side effects from this program.

Ask all the questions you want!!!
Old 09-04-2015, 04:11 PM   #55  
~Rennie

Thanks for the info Kate. Now one last question is it costing you a lot of money. I saw on the FB wall that one lady was saying she couldn't afford $600 for 3 months. That is truly steep and I can't either nor do I wish to. The shakes must be the detox one guy was talking about.
Old 09-04-2015, 04:26 PM   #56  

I am on the higher priced of the two programs. Yes it is expensive. I know if you have less weight to lose there is a cheaper program.

I was very skeptical about the price. They have a weekely payment plan which is what I am doing.

I rationalized it this way. About 3 years ago I was seriously considering weight loss surgery. I jumped through all the insurance hoops and did everything required. I was just about to set my surgery daate and my husband was diagnosed with prostate cancer. He has other health issues and long story short he nearly bled to to death 10 days after his surgery. Even with his medical insurance it pretty much wiped out our saving. The surgery was late December, the bleeding and rehospitalization was in January so out of pockets and co-pays started all over. Plus there are many expenses when you have a sick spouse that just aren't covered, like travel and lodging, etc.

ANYHOW! We decided I would not have the weight loss surgery. Money being one. The other being after all we had been through an elective surgery just seemed stupid.

So after researching WeightNot and talking with their represntatives we did some number crunching. If I once again looked into Weight Loss Surgery there is the "pre-surgical hoops" that must be met. We live in rural area and doctor appoints would require 1/2 day off work and travel. If I did not do something about me weight soon other health issues would be costing us more medical expenses....or funeral expenses. I actually spend much less on food now also. So about 80% of my weekly payment is what I used to spend on coffe and donuts in the morning and lunch from the local burger shack.

I would say the cost is the only con to this program. However, I think the cost is also something that helps keep me on track. I think of it as an investment and I want to get the most out of my money.
Old 09-05-2015, 06:10 AM   #57  
4:3 diet since July 24th.

S/C/G: 251/227/150

Height: 5' 5"

Smile

KateB WELCOME!
Congrats on the phenomenal weight loss!!!
Your program sounds intriguing! The "lipid loading" days sound like a really good idea too. I'm all for keeping the body responsive by providing it with different things on different days.

Rennie ~ Good job with resisting all those temptations! All the more impressive with TOM no doubt doing everything to try and weaken your resolve. I hope you'll be rewarded with another nice loss next weigh in!

Martine ~ Hope the bake sale was a big success. You can't go far wrong selling home baking! Mmmmm chocolate.

Curvy ~ YAY for the scale trending in the right direction. Hope you're having a lovely weekend.

lovemylife~ Congrats on another great loss!!

Kukkie ~ Sorry your little man has still been under the weather. Everything crossed he bounces back to 100 percent quickly.

Everyone else I've missed ....have a wonderful weekend!

I was down 3 (and a bit more) pounds this week! I'm very happy with that. I'm half way through the weekend eating regularly...and making sure I'm cooking my favourite meals.
Enjoying a few small treats too....

Last edited by Sunshinie; 09-05-2015 at 06:36 AM.
Old 09-05-2015, 08:04 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

I weighed in at 211 this morning. How on earth did I gain almost 5 lbs overnight?! What the....?
Old 09-05-2015, 08:49 AM   #59  
Gizmo

Lots of successes to celebrate!

econ nerd how amazing that you broke through to the 200s!

curvynotlumpy apologies on getting mixed up...

loveofmylife001 another 2.4 pounds gone forever! Enjoy your three-day weekend!

love2b150 really happy for you that you did not give in to temptation. That's half the battle of weightloss right there.

Sunshinie yes to another 3 pounds gone, such a great loss in one week!

Kukkie84 I have stopped trying to make sense of the scale. Obviously you did not gain 5 pounds overnight, you will be back to your regular weight in a day or two.

Have a great weekend everyone! About to eat breakfast and then it's off to the dog park to make Loki run and have fun.

1: 233.8
2: 233.2
3: 233.8
4: 233.2
5: 233.4 geez that 233 mark is tough to break through

Last edited by Martine; 09-06-2015 at 12:37 PM.
Old 09-05-2015, 12:23 PM   #60  
~Rennie

Kate, I'm sorry you and your husband had to experience all of that. You know you could be a spokes person for them and doing well on their plan adds to the ups of it

Thanks Sunshinie You had a great week. Mr/Ms Scale is being good what a plus. Keep up the good work

Kukkie I did that in August and then ate like a pig two days later and dropped 4.3lbs I think Did you get enough sleep/rest? I'm finding that is my issue most days with only 5-6 hours of sleep. What about water remember the times you and I have tried to get our water all in during the evening and bam the scale is up in the morning. It'll go away as quickly as it came I'm sure.

Thanks Martine enjoy your walk ... and the way you feel about your number is how I feel about mine ... is it ever gonna change only a few ounces back and forth, smh.

today down .5 to 174.2
Closed Thread