Old 08-22-2015, 05:11 PM   #1  
Amanda

S/C/G: 272.5/see ticker/172.5

Height: 5'4

Cool What's your workout schedule like? (I need recommendations)

So motivation came out of nowhere and bit me in the butt, and I've worked out for the last two days straight now. I'm feeling good and sore, and I really want to keep this going! But I'm wondering...

What is YOUR workout schedule? I'm having a hard time finding a good recommendation on ratio of weights vs cardio, how long, how intense, how often during the week. So I thought I'd poll you guys! No one better to ask than those who are in the middle of doing it/have done it successfully, right?

Please give me a little bit of info like how far into working out/losing weight you are, what results you've seen from doing what, and a general weekly workout schedule for yourself - specifically, what you're doing, how often you do it, and how long you do it for. I really appreciate it, guys!

Last edited by DreadPiratePanda; 08-22-2015 at 05:21 PM.
DreadPiratePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 06:50 PM   #2  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

I work out to Valerie Bertineilli''s Losing it and Keeping Fit, There are two work outs on the dvd I do the 40 min one during the day and the 20 min. one at night 6 days a week. I walk outside for 30 mins when the weather is nice as well.

I'm just starting my weight loss journey as you can tell by my tracker but I did lose 20 pounds once before.

Last edited by Terra1984; 08-22-2015 at 06:51 PM.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 06:56 PM   #3  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I like to work out twice a day, every day.

I wake up, have breakfast, go to the gym and do weights.

I come home/go to work and then before lunch I go for a run.

Some days, I do three workouts...breakfast, boxing, weights, lunch, run in the evening.

It is tough to fit in with work but I manage it by getting up early (4.30-5am) and having the benefit of having a gym and showers at my work.

I started running at 230lbs and started going to the gym at 220lbs. I think I used to alternate, weights one day and running the next.

But then I worked out (probably when I was below 200lbs) that recovery periods were dramatically over stated and I could do both each day.

My diet also influences my desire to exercise and my ability to recover from it.

I eat a lot of fish, salad, nuts and olive (oil) among other things (aka a variant on the Mediterranean/Norwegian diet) with limited dairy and very little processed carbs. But I do eat a lot to fuel the machine.

Cardio burns the fat (and the muscle). Weights build or retain the muscle. Food provides the energy and the protein to build the muscle. And the fats and the nutrients to fix the damage. I only eat foods that are nutritious otherwise it's a waste of time. I need the food to fuel and fix me after exercise. Cake, candy, cookies, fries and junk just ain't going to cut it. So I only eat sh!t, and a lot of it, that is good for me.

Last edited by IanG; 08-22-2015 at 07:04 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 11:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: Highest:266/T/Size 8

I'm glad you started this! This is my biggest challenge right now.

I used to work out for 1hr-1.5hrs 5 days a week. I did the elliptical for an hour then did a bit of strength training three days of the week as well. I got up at 5am to hit the gym and shower before work. I used the app Lose It! and it was fun to start the day with such a big calorie deficit and my goal was to keep it. So logging my calories was a fun "game" that was easy to to "win."

But since I started school, that went away. Luckily school starts back for the kiddos and I'm hoping to get morning work outs in again. I'll be excited to see some of what people do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadPiratePanda View Post
So motivation came out of nowhere and bit me in the butt, and I've worked out for the last two days straight now. I'm feeling good and sore, and I really want to keep this going! But I'm wondering...

What is YOUR workout schedule? I'm having a hard time finding a good recommendation on ratio of weights vs cardio, how long, how intense, how often during the week. So I thought I'd poll you guys! No one better to ask than those who are in the middle of doing it/have done it successfully, right?

Please give me a little bit of info like how far into working out/losing weight you are, what results you've seen from doing what, and a general weekly workout schedule for yourself - specifically, what you're doing, how often you do it, and how long you do it for. I really appreciate it, guys!
SarahFairhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 08:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'7"

I'm a big believer in interval training. It gets your heart rate up and keeps it elevated while you are lifting. I think lifting is especially important because muscle helps you burn more fat.

I see a trainer once a week, then do this in my gym at work once a week. I want to work up to 3-4x a week.

So! I do 10 minutes of alternating jogging and running on the treadmill, switching every minute, then this week I did these weightlifting things:

3 sets Squats on a Smith Machine (bar only)
3 sets One arm bent over dumbbell row
3 sets Incline dumbbell bench press

5 more minutes of cardio intervals

3 sets dumbbell alternating reverse lunge
3 sets inverted rows
3 sets tricep pushdowns
3 sets vertical rows

More cardio intervals would be good here but I was worn out.

I measure my heart rate with MyZone and this burns about 450 calories on me and takes less than an hour.
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 10:37 AM   #6  
Amanda

S/C/G: 272.5/see ticker/172.5

Thanks for the input everyone! Keep 'em coming! I'm going to look into interval training and doing both cardio and strength workouts in the same workout.
DreadPiratePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 06:43 AM   #7  
New Healthy Mum

S/C/G: 229/145.5/141

Height: 5ft8

I am currently on a 30 minute, 7 days a week fitness routine.

Day 1 = 30 minutes running/jogging outside
Day 2 = 30 minute indoor exercise (usually a 30 minute aerobics video from You Tube)
Day 3 = toning exercises and I also wear a toning wrap when I am done

Then I start again so every third day I am out running, inside or doing toning exercises.

Then after I have done this (i finish it on the 8th of september) I will be then doing a challenge where I exercise 30 minutes a day for 30 days on You Tube and record what I do, what exercises i like and so on.
sammymilner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:47 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 265/180/145

Height: 5'6"

Well......

Right now I go for 2 18 min walks a day on break at work and then 30-60 min walk in the evenings after work to get in my 10k step goal per day.

Mon, Wed, Fri - I do 45 min kettlebel circuits before my walk.

I don't have the money for the gym right now and my elliptical isn't the best in the world, so that's it for me. Looking forward to going back though and get started on some weights.
FickleHearts is offline   Reply With Quote