newbie saying hello

• Just wanted to say hi to everyone, today's my first day here and there is so much to read it's unbelievable, and it seems like this is a terrific place for support and motivation.

Do you need to be on any specific 'diet' to use this forum? I noticed that there are several listed elsewhere...just don't want to be in the wrong place!

• Nope, we are non-denominational here. Everyone is doing their own thing.

Welcome!
  • Welcome 2by4. Always good to see a new face. Only thing this list is for is people who need to lose 100 or more pounds. And even at that I don't think anyone is going to get tossed off if they have less.
  • yes i may stop at 94lbs. but maybe 104. we'll see.

but welcome. =)
  • I've been here since Sunday, so you aren't the only newbie! But it is really nice to have a group of people to whom I can say, yeah, I have 100 lbs to lose, but I've lost 26, and I exercised today, and I am a valuable person into the bargain!
    It looks to me like I may be happy here.
  • Welcome!

The more the merrier... Kay so I can be a lil' cheesy..

Point is, you'll find so many beautiful people on this board that will offer you nothing but encouragement and support..

I've only been a member for short time but I love it here...

ENJOY!

Post lots...
    Celina
  • Welcome aboard!!

I have about 70-80lbs to loose...depending on when i choose to stop Good luck with your loss and join in
  • Jump right in! All sorts of different types of weight loss plans around these parts. Some with 100 pounds left to loose and some who have lost all or most of their weight. Means that you get great weight loss advice from people with all sorts of different perspectives.

Welcome...
  • One of the greatest things about this forum is that nobody "puts down" the diet plan others may be using. There's no "I do Weight Watchers and it's the ONLY way to go" or "Atkins seems so unhealthy, you should try South Beach" or "TOPS is the most sensible", and on and on. Hey, whatever works for you, then go for it and tell us about your great results and let us celebrate in it with you! We can support each other without all doing it the same way! Viva la difference
  • what a nice bunch of folks we are!!! i haven't been around much the past couple of weeks [computer problems and my sister just had the wls surgery], so let me welcome all the new folks...

the people on this board are among the wisest, savviest, most honest ones i know. and they take my breath away every single day.

so, jump in!!!!! it'll all be fine.
  • Welcome!! Welcome!!

As everyone stated - we don't have to many rules around here! Only that you jump right in and have fun!! The diversity here is one of the things that make us special. We are all working hard to find our way to the bottom of the scales!

Good Luck and glad to have you!!