Old 09-19-2015, 01:54 AM   #1  

Default What are your weight loss rewards?

DreadPiratePanda started a good thead about our non-scale goals, but I want to know what are your scale related rewards. What milestones have you set for yourself and how will you reward yourself when you reach them?

Last edited by changling2015; 09-19-2015 at 03:37 PM.
changling2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 09:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Good question - I guess I haven't thought that far into the future. I think if I'd reach my final weight I'd like to take a trip and wear an age appropriate bikini if only once because the last time I wore one I was about 6, but I haven't thought of anything in between.

I am interested to see what people say they'd like to do. I know I have seen other people say new tennis shoes to keep walking/fit or a smashing dress or something clothing related they have been eyeing. I guess I am at a loss so for right now I just get excited when I see either the scale drop or when I measure myself and see that going down and celebrate with a good thought. Maybe someone can share their great ideas for this?
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 06:18 PM   #3  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 294/195/165

Height: 5'4.5

I have a Vacation to London & Paris set for my bday in May 2016 I am confident I can hit my size goal or my weight goal by then if not heck I have come a long ways so far!

I had a tattoo & piercing set as a gift to myself for passing some goals but now I do not really want either at this time lol Any idea's you folks want to share to help me out... hmmm maybe a pair of classic gucci pumps as a gift ohhh

Last edited by Diamondonalandmine; 09-19-2015 at 10:29 PM.
Diamondonalandmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 07:12 PM   #4  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

If/when I reach my final goal, I will have to buy new clothes as I'm currently wearing the smallest size in my closet. I've got my eye on some Gap jeans and maybe some nicer pieces from Chico's. And some GOOD bras!

Other than clothes, I haven't really thought about rewards. I guess I'd like to get a food processor since I'm doing more real cooking now.... And definitely a good set of cookware!
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 09:29 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/295/185

Height: 5' 11"

I haven't set strict goals (other than a loose large one) or rewards and I'm kind of liking it this time.

Loosely, I'm trying to reach the next level each month (so 250s to 240s). I've found that not having rewards is kind of neat, because I get surprise rewards all the time -- stuff I can fit into, compliments, looking good.

I think for me rewards make it feel more like a diet -- I suffered/struggled and I did this -- here is my reward. Small rewards as I go make it feel like a lifestyle. But that's just what is working for me.
Emy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 08:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

I used to buy myself a new pair of jeans every 20 or so pounds lost. With my current plan it's been coming off really rapidly, plus I have plenty of smaller sizes in my closet.

However I am not denying myself rewards. I have bought myself some jewelry from an in home jewelry party my DIL had. I bought more than I planned, so I put it away and will "reward myself" at 15 pound increments.
KateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 03:18 PM   #7  
flyin purple people eater

S/C/G: sz 20/22 --> sz 10/12 --> sz 8

Height: 5'8"

Hmm. I guess I've been doing this, albeit in a non-planned way. I recently bought some cute heels, after spending many years feeling like a clompy elephant in them. Plus my feet are smaller now so it's easier to buy shoes in general. I have been replacing clothes as and when necessary, but I definitely plan to do a.shopping spree when I reach goal. It is hard not to buy cute clothes now, though, because I'm finally in so-called normal sizes and I have so many options. Trying to exhibit restraint in all areas of life, haha!
Raisin5Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 10:30 AM   #8  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I've done a number of rewards over the years.

Got a bunch of dollar coins, and put one in a box for every day I fulfilled my fitness goals (water, walking, food, etc.). Used that money to treat myself to a musical when a professional theatre troupe came to town. Saw Ragtime, Les Mis, and Cats that way.

Got a charm bracelet, and got a charm for every ten pounds lost. Wearing it reminds me of where I've been and how far I've come.

Purchased a lovely little Yixing clay tea pot for my oolong tea after I'd lost 30 pounds. Every time I see or use it, I am reminded of my success.

That being said, I have regained all that weight a couple times over (these are reward systems I've used in the past, and I've regained and lost multiple times). Right now, I'm planning to begin wearing that charm bracelet again when I lose 50 pounds again, and continue with the charm thing after that.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 12:10 AM   #9  

I'm still working on what items or experiences I want my reward to be, but I have decided to add money to my travel account as an overall goal. For example when I reach 10lbs lost, $10 goes into the account. When I hit 20lbs lost, $20.00 and on and on. (I may increase it to $2/lb)

One thng I did notice is that creating a rewards list is helping me with my spending. It makes me wait to buy something that is a want not a need.
Old 10-08-2015, 02:47 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 268/262/120

Height: 4'7"

I am actually compiling a list of things I've wanted to do but couldn't due to weight limits or fear. (As in I just started 15 minutes ago.) So far I have ziplining tour and a horseback trail ride. There is also a cave hike I want to do where the advanced portion requires climbing a rope, not sure how I'll factor it in, but I'll figure it out.

I sort of want to reward and challenge myself. Go outside of my comfort zone and live a bit more adventurously. I'll buy clothes along the way, but for every 25-50lb loss I want something big so I can have an experience to remember the goal being reached because I think it will make it more memorable and fulfilling. Plus there will be pictures of me doing cool stuff I've never done before as I get progressively smaller and smaller, lol.
Esoterica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 12:38 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 313/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9

For me, I'm planning a trip to Nashville when I hit my final goal. I've always wanted to go! I'm still working on my smaller goals and I'm not sure what I'm going to do to mark each, but I love the idea of a charm bracelet! What an awesome idea.
Catkin04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 08:59 PM   #12  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

I don't withold things because of my weight, but some things I want to do are sort of dependant on being smaller. I wouldn't really enjoy them or want to do them right now.

One such goal is getting a full body massage. I remember when I was about 40 lbs lighter, shoulder massages felt 100x better. At my current weight, they don't do much for me. I'd love to be able to really enjoy a professional massage. I have that planned for when I'm nearly at goal.

It's not a reward, but I do have an awesome trip planned for 2017, and I want to be at goal by then.

Last edited by Penny105; 10-11-2015 at 08:59 PM.
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 11:24 AM   #13  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I've always had a hard time with this...oh not rewarding myself ha ha i do that all the time. No, the rewarding myself specifically for losing weight i stupidly gained in the first place. Same with people saying how amazinggggg i am for losing so much. Well uh, I put it ON in the first place soooooo lol if you know what i mean?

I tended to look at it more like "hey another 10 lbs of crap i don't have to carry around" woohoo! and i'd grab a 10lb bag of potatoes and carry it around for a bit and marvel at the weight....weird i know
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 12:26 AM   #14  

You know, initially, I wanted to get/do things like making a skin care haul from South Korea, but now my idea around rewards has changed. I now "reward" myslef with things that will help me stick to this lifestyle, like buying workout gear. I feel so much better buying that than more stuff I don't need.
Old 11-12-2015, 09:56 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 297.4/278/150

Height: 5'4"-44 years old

Default Looking for Ideas

I need some ideas for rewards for 10 pound weight loss goals. the last time I lost weight I bought a pandora bracelet and I bought a charm for every 10 pound milestone and more expensive charms for other specific milestones. I turned it into an experience where I made a big deal of dressing up and going to the store and spending an hour there picking out my charm. I would like to do something similar but I can't think of anything. I want something that I can look forward to that will be the same for each 10 pounds that I lose. I am still going to wear my bracelet. I am going to remove all the charms and add them back again as I lose weight but that isn't as exciting as having something else that I can also do. Any ideas?
rosestara is offline   Reply With Quote