Old 10-27-2015, 10:27 AM   #226  

Height: 5'5"

So, in case y'all were wondering - sometimes, this is just really hard.

Diane - It does seem like we (as individuals) tend to face the same challenges over and over again. But you know what? It is so amazing that you are doing so well, and have done so well, despite these consistent challenges. You, per usual, are rocking this.

Martini - Ooh. The inconsistent way the body sheds weight makes me crazy. But you are dropping, albeit neither quickly or consistently. Hope you get the period thing straightened out. That's the worst.

Nici - I have never lived in a coastal area, so have never had to deal with hurricanes. I have seen the devastation, of course, but never really thought about the less-than-devastating-but-hugely-inconvenient consequences. And then a surprise weight bump. Yuck. Glad to see you're pushing through. And my favorite line of the day: "ARGH. Glad no one stole me." I, too, am glad no one engaged in Nici-thievery.

Not a good day yesterday. But I am anticipating a good day today.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 11:41 AM   #227  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Hello everyone!

I am down 1.1lbs this week which I am happy about for a first week back. I know that it isn't more because I didn't eat perfectly. But it's still a loss and still a positive change. You are right Laurie! I'm working on small corrections that I can turn into habits and then hopefully keep this off. Not to say that I don't want this weight gone yesterday, but I've been through the cycle too many times to know that doesn't work for me.

I have been having hormonal issues also. I was taking a progesterone only pill for a while trying to regulate my cycle. I went off of it and now my cycles are really messed up. This will be my first time trying to lose weight while going through that, so I am sure I will see what you are talking about soon. My dr says I am too young for menopause - and I agree. I'm 36. But then I have strong hormonal shifts I never had before and irregular cycles. Something is going on. I have to think that if I eat healthy foods and move my body, I will weigh less than if I don't - eventually. I have a specific number of pounds on my ticker - and I would like to lose that much - but after stopping short of goal last time and being perfectly happy with it, I am more focused on these first 30lbs to be healthy again. I will decide on the vanity pounds later.

Congrats on the new little one! How exciting! Enjoy these first days. They go by so quickly.

Congrats on the scale movement, martini.

Glad to hear the exercise is going better, Diane! It's hard to get back in shape after time off and it sounds like you are nailing it!

Nici - I remember hurricanes when I was little and lived on the coast. As a kid they were excuses to get out of school. But that was before our reliance on technology. And, I didn't have adult responsibilities to go with it. So yeah, I get it. Now I live up in the north where it snows and we get power outages from that. Yuck! Can you at least get in some at home activities? Maybe some planks or an ab routine? I don't know. I hate to see your goal of daily exercise completely lost.

Laurie - not a good day as related to healthy habits or as related to pain and recovery? I hope for the former and that you are feeling better from the latter and that tomorrow is a better day for both.

Hugs,
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 01:33 PM   #228  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Well, Body Pump was a little better this time than it was last week. It still seems difficult, but others are saying that this particular workout is tough for them, too, so it must be partially because of that. I have some steps that I need to get in today, so I'll have to figure out when I'm doing that. I stayed on plan for food yesterday. That makes one day in a row.

Nici: Oh, hope everything goes ok for you with the hurricane leftovers. I've never had to deal with coastal issues. As for my goals with the wellness challenge, some of them are set already with the challenge. You get points for 1. sleeping 7 hours or more, 2. getting 5,000 steps, 3. getting 10,000 steps, 4. drinking 64 ounces of water per day, 5. eliminating one chosen item. So, my chosen item is sweets/desserts.

Martini: Sounds like there are a lot of us in the same place in life, with irregular periods and hormones. I'm in the same boat. Oh, and I also like your description of having a woo, not a whoosh. Ha!

Laurie: Sorry you had a rough day, hope it is going better for you now. I figure that I can get really upset over a gain (which I've done before, and will do again, I'm sure), or I can just own it, record it, and then move on.

BeachBreeze: Congrats on the loss! It's always good when it comes down!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 01:54 AM   #229  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Hey everybody!

Mandy!!! Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy! Joy and happiness o you!

Nici Hope you are feeling better!

Diane glad to hear that your exercise is going well.

Martini woo-hoo on the loss! Annie You too!

Laurie tooth pain is the worst! Glad you're on the mend.

So, me I'm just kind of going along. Down another lb for a total of 22 since I started. I logged my loss and realized that it took me 10 days to go down a lb.
But the plus side is that I've just been really busy and thinking about other things and so not really stressing about weight loss and yet also sticking to my plan. I have been very busy-- and also feeling work-related stress, but it hasn't affected my ability to stay on plan-- phew. When I realized it took me ten days to lose a pound, I realized that I may be being a little too loose with my calories. I'm going to be more careful with stuff like adding olive oil when I cook this week and see if I can get out of the 260s for good!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 12:02 PM   #230  
Diane

Went to spin yesterday and body pump today. I feel like I'm back in the groove. I think I'll try to do some running next week. I am sure I have lost a lot of my stamina on it, but we'll see how it goes. Still somewhat struggling with staying on my food plan. But, it is getting better. One day at a time.

Nici: Hope your weight loss holds for your official weigh in.

Uber: As long as you're still losing, that's a plus. Hope you can break through that threshold!
Old 10-30-2015, 11:36 PM   #231  
thinks she can

S/C/G: 321/266.1/170

Height: 5'9"

hello!

Annie - "I have to think that if I eat healthy foods and move my body, I will weigh less than if I don't - eventually." - that is such a powerful reminder for me.

Laurie - Good days and bad days and you're still checking in! Keep on fighting the good fight on all fronts.

Diane - Sounds like you're back in the saddle!

Nici - Not feeling great and not stress eating is really something to be proud of. I'm starting to look at a lot of these challenges that life throws at us as ways to test out new ways of dealing with things that come up. If life is smooth, we don't have a chance to test out new skills!

Uber - hey hey!!

I had a few difficult moments this week but I reacted by going for long walks and surrounding myself with people that I like. I think that this change in how I approach problems has been evolving over a much longer time, but this week is the first clear before/after evidence I've had in a while. It feels good, so much so that it's the little boost I need to keep on keeping on until my next woosh hits.
martini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 02:36 PM   #232  

Happy Halloween to the gang! Hope you are all having a good and healthy day.

Martini Good for you for finding healthy ways to manage your stress. It makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE doesn't it? I tend to get myself into a horribly toxic head space, and eventually that's what leads me back to my time-honored self-soothing mechanism. Food.

Diane I'm glad to hear that you're back in stride for exercise. Is your foot problem entirely gone? I'm asking because I've been nursing a foot problem since before the summer, it almost goes a way and then comes back. I may have to break down and see a doctor about it. Did you?

Nici Yup olive oil is healthy, but I do tend to cook with it a lot, especially veggies, and I know it can add up so I'm going to try to be very careful about measuring, as you suggested.

So, I dropped another pound. meaning one more and I'll be in a new decade. I started logging daily on fit day 67 days ago, and I'm down 23 lbs since then. If I can double that, log in for 67 more days and lose another 23 lbs, then I'll be in 230s. I REALLY want to get through this mid-200s slog. I can drop from 280 to 250 without dropping a clothing size or looking noticeably different, but I know from past experience that once I get to the 230s, I start to drop sizes and look better, which is a GIANT motivator.

Last edited by ubergirl; 10-31-2015 at 02:36 PM.
Old 11-02-2015, 01:13 PM   #233  
Diane

Doing well with exercise, went to spin this morning. I actually skipped working out on Saturday, but I had a football game to go to, so I didn't have enough time. I'm still not on track with food, so it seems like I'm maintaining for the last weigh in. I need to get my head back in the game with food plan. Then, maybe I'll drop pounds again. Love to eat.... my biggest issue.

Uber: My foot seems to be almost back to normal. On some of the lifting that I do, it seems a little stiff, but it is getting back to normal. I'm actually going to try running on it tomorrow after work. I may not be able to go as far, but I'm going to try. I didn't go to the doctor for my foot, but I could tell it was getting better. I'm afraid that it is something that could easily happen again. Glad to hear you dropped another pound!! Yay!

Martini: Good way to handle bad moments, going for a walk! Good choice!

Nici: Nice loss!! Good for you!
Old 11-03-2015, 12:12 AM   #234  

Nici
Quote:
I have the same issue from 280-240. Most people can't seem to see the difference unless I'm gaining.
Lol. Sadly, too true!

Diane I'm glad to hear yours healed up on its own. I'm going to give mine a bit more time. Mines not bad, but it keeps coming and going, but never really going away.

This morning's weigh in got me down into a new decade. Had a couple of meals out this weekend, but managed to find good choices on the menu. Am super busy finishing up a work-related project which has been distracting me from food issues. Just rolling along.

Trying to keep my head out of thinking about this all too much. The hardest thing is knowing that I'm still inside my up down up down zone that I've been stuck in since 2012. Just going to be patient and bust through it this time.

Last edited by ubergirl; 11-03-2015 at 12:14 AM.
Old 11-03-2015, 10:00 AM   #235  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Hi all! 12 days post partum and I'm back down to pre-baby weight of 298. Ha. Giving birth is the only acceptable excuse for losing 45 lbs in 2 weeks! I haven't been doing anything to lose the weight except drinking water and peeing a lot. I had a LOT of fluid retention at the end of pregnancy and I think the weight loss is just getting rid of that. Though I'm sure breastfeeding helps.

Still recovering from labor and delivery. One does not push out a nearly 10 pound baby without some side effects heh.

Of course I'm dealing with the exhaustion and hormonal mess that is the fun of mothering a newborn. Hoping to get back to some sort of normalcy once the new year hits and then I can move into actively losing weight. Save me a seat!
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 12:21 PM   #236  
Diane

Went to Body Pump this morning, and I'm going to try running tonight. We'll see how that goes. Other than that, not much happening.

Nici: Way to go on the exercise!

Uber: Congrats on the new decade! That's exciting!

Mandy: Wow! Good for you, losing that weight so quickly. It's great that you don't have to start out higher than pre-pregnancy. Hang in there with all the changes you have going on!
Old 11-04-2015, 01:37 PM   #237  
Diane

Went to spin this morning. It was a good workout, as usual. I did make it to the gym last night to run. It is just too dark after work to run outside... disappointing. I didn't run that long, just to make sure it is something I can still do. I've lost some of my stamina, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. I'll probably go again tomorrow.

Nici: Sounds like you are making it work, being out of town! Good for you!
Old 11-04-2015, 11:34 PM   #238  
thinks she can

Hi everyone!

Nici and Diane - All of your stories about incorporating exercise into your lives has inspired me to be more active! Thank you so much!!

Lately I've begun to walk to and from work (instead of a combination of walking and the bus) by choice rather than necessity. It's not yet something I do every day, but I'm trying to do it on most days. When that doesn't happen, I try to use the bus as an exception rather than the rule. If I walk/bus to work, I'll walk the whole way home. If I walk the whole way to work, I'll walk/bus home.

What's surprising is that I find that I'm actually enjoying it. On the way to work it's a good way to get centered and focused. On the way home it takes away a lot of the day's stress so I arrive at home pretty relaxed.

I've been using my phone to track my steps for the day and this change is taking me from about 5,000 steps/day to between 8,000 and 10,000 steps/day. I haven't been dealing with any food cravings and staying on plan continues to be pretty straightforward so, all in all, things are going well.

I hope everyone else is also having a good week!

Old 11-05-2015, 11:44 AM   #239  
Diane

Went to Body Pump today. It was a good workout, but I was really pleased with hearing from the instructor after class. She told me that she was impressed by how strong I am getting. Yay! She had noticed that I'm lifting pretty heavy now and doing well with keeping my form. That was nice. I am planning to go back after work and do some running. I'm hoping that the no movement on the scale is ok because I'm building some muscle. I guess.... Still would like to see some loss on the scale.

Martini: That is such a great thing, walking to work. I think you're right, that it does help to have that break between home and work. It gives you a chance to clear your head, either way. And what an increase in steps! That's so great! I live in a very rural area and I have to drive about 20 miles to work. I wish I could use a bus or walk. My fuel costs are pretty high!
Old 11-08-2015, 03:36 AM   #240  
thinks she can

Diane - Why is it that the weight seems to have a mind of its own and only goes down in its own time?

Nici - Great job with keeping your food on track! Four days in a row is great!! It gets frustrating for me, too, when the scale doesn't immediately respond but don't forget that it eventually will.

It's been a good weekend. I went out on Friday and Saturday nights, but I saved up my calories during the day to spend them on dinner in the evening so I am ending the weekend having been 100% on plan. It also looks like I'm going to have a proper woosh for tomorrow's (Monday) weigh-in. Fingers crossed I don't gain 4lb overnight!