Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 04:42 PM   #1  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

Default fantastic article

ok in one of my muscle mags. i read a fantastic article though i can't find anything about it online it was about the growing percentage of people trying to lose weight but actually putting it on by eating "healthy" and "low fat" foods. one really fascinating thing i read was how so many percent of people (forgotten and can't find mag) that think if they are on a diet they can eat more of a particular food if it is low in fat!!!!! there is a serious problem here with people thinking that if something is low in fat of "healthy they can eat more of it. if anyone has read this article and or can get hold of a link please send it to me. statisics like this fascinate me. i know i'm sad.
Old 08-11-2003, 05:05 PM   #2  
Om shanti

It all comes down to calories in and calories out -- stuff like low fat and low carb just help you achieve that. So if you "compensate" for some perceived lack in low fat or low carb eating, by eating more food, then you're surely going to defeat your intent!
Old 08-12-2003, 11:12 AM   #3  

Some low fat and low carb manufactured food is actually very high in calories. Whole foods that are in the state that they are in when they come off the tree are naturally low in fat and usually calorie also. The only things that I can think of that are whole and not low fat are avocados, coconuts and nuts. There has been much talk recently about good fats and bad fats and I don't really understand how that fits in with a low fat plan. Salmon (which I love) is a fish that isn't low in fat but it is the "good" fat so I do try to limit my intake of it.

BTW, Brian, your pictures are VERY impressive! You look like you have lost an amazing amount of weight! Congrats!!!
Closed Thread