Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 04:59 PM   #16  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Thanks for all the support. I am doing good today. For those of you who said it's only one day and I should allow that. I know what your saying but my treat day was already friday so that was two days this week. I will recover though and thanks for all the great support it really helps having you all here. You are all great. I will make it this time I know I will I have to.
Old 08-12-2003, 11:17 AM   #17  

I heard someone say once (or maybe I read it) that it isn't what we eat 10 percent of the time but what we eat 90 percent of the time. You have done such a great job so far and experienced such success! You HAVE to have been following the 90 percnet rule or that wouldn't have happened. Good job on getting back on track and keep up the good work.
Old 08-12-2003, 08:48 PM   #18  
Healthy and Positive!

Howie, the only way you could have failed was if you said to heck with it and gave up.. But you are already back on plan, good going! Dieting is just like regular life--ups and downs, hills and valleys. We appreciate the hills (in control, strong, and willpowered) more when we remember how those valleys feel.

So you rolled down the hill a bit last night, the important thing is that you have climbed back up again!

Hugs,
Crystal
Old 08-12-2003, 09:09 PM   #19  

Howie,

We all have those days. The most imporant thing is that you're trying again. No one is perfect, that's for sure.

My top cheat foods are pizza and chocolate. My only saving grace with pizza is that I don't eat red meat, so when I have pizza, it's either plain or loaded with vegetables.

The pizza place near my old job had some really odd toppings. Can you believe they had pizza topped with tortellini!!! I can't imagine how fattening that must be. I never tried it. I did love their mozarella (no sauce) pizza with grilled chicken, peppers and onions on it, though!

Take care,
Sherry
Old 08-13-2003, 10:31 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Howie,

Just a thought hun, you've totally inspired me, those before and after pictures are utterly staggering. I too had a pizza, frozen yogurt, wine cave in that lasted 2 hours. That was August 3 and I think in the long run it helped me. I'm on atkins and omg i thought i was going to die. I have my journal entry from that day hanging on my fridge to remind myself of how I felt. It's a great motivator when I go to open the fridge to get something to eat. It's not the treat that's important it's how we respond to the adversity.

Keep fighting the good fight, you'll get there!

Tummy
Old 08-13-2003, 11:11 AM   #21  
2006 - Panda Remix

Howie, I don't have much more to add except that feeling guilty and beating yourself up is more likely to lead to you giving up

Be kind to yourself - I think you've done so well to declare it and just get straight back on your diet - that is the hardest part. This is obviously so important to you and I'm sure you have the strength and focus to carry on

One pizza can not undo all of the weight you have lost so far, unless you let it.

Hey I've read that having a larger intake of calories for a day or so after restricting your diet for a long time can boost your weightloss because it sorts out your metabolism!

Amanda x
Old 08-13-2003, 11:40 AM   #22  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

You all are great. Thanks for so much support. I have been doing great this week and will continue. Who ever said a good day is the best thing to put a bad day behind you is right. I've done really well these last two days and Sundays pig out is just a distant bad memory.
Closed Thread