Old 10-19-2014, 01:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/225/120

Height: 5'0

Default I have more than 100 lbs to lose but

I worry about having lose and sagging skin all over and if my boobs will be the first to go. I've had really big breasts since roughly age 12, I'm 31 now and even though I'm over 200 lbs, my boobs are still the biggest, most noticeable part of me. If I start to eat right and work out, what's most likely going to happen?
PrincessKLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 11:34 AM   #2  
Rin

S/C/G: 250/226/164

Height: 5'8"

I worry about the same thing, but my main goal is to be healthy and fit. So I definitely think you can't go wrong with working out and eating for health.

That said, I would be curious to read about other people's experiences with this. From what I've read (and what I plan to do), it helps to drink lots of water and exercise (specifically lifting weights). I would also look up exercises that target the chest area. I think that would help. But like I said, I am in the process of losing weight, so I have no personal experience with this. I'm just trying to do my research online and do what I can as I lose weight to stay toned.

Last edited by Rin; 10-19-2014 at 11:49 AM.
Rin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 11:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Age comes into play, and how fast you drop off the weight. I am like Rin in that I'm in it for getting myself healthy, the weight loss is just an added benefit. Even if I have sagging skin I know I'll still feel better, and look better.

From what I've seen (as this question does come up fairly frequently), what Rin suggested is spot on. Lift weights and get in your daily fluids. Age can play an important role as well. The younger you are, the more elasticity your skin tends to have, genetics also contribute, so there are exceptions to that. Some older folks can have great elasticity and some younger folks can have poor elasticity. I've also seen fish recommended (or fish oil supplements), so there's that too.

If you've had big boobs all your life, even at a lower weight, then chances are your boobs are going to remain big proportionately. Yeah, they're gonna shrink cause that is an area fat is stored, but proportions will likely stay relatively the same. Where the weight comes off first tends to vary by person, and you are likely going to have some skin sag (to what degree we can't know) while your skin catches up to your weight loss.

Last edited by sunarie; 10-19-2014 at 11:53 AM.
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 12:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I've had big boobs all my life, so that doesn't seem to change if I lose weight. It's definitely not a given that you'll lose those.

Having been over 100 lbs. overweight and being someone who stores the majority of her weight in the belly, I think for me it's going to mean loose skin on my stomach. I'm already seeing a little bit at 55 lbs lost.

When you consider how much skin is there is due to scarring ( stretch marks are basically extra surface area added in response to increased volume ) I doubt that for me it'll simply be a matter of skin elasticity. The extra skin would probably have to be removed.

Now, keep in mind that I'm over 40, so my results will not be the same as yours. But really, even someone with the same weight distribution and the same age might not have the same result. I know we all wish we had the answer, but really, it doesn't matter because the only alternative is to stay fat.

Yes, I'm vain and I would pay for the surgery if I could afford it, but I can't, so I'm trying not to think about it too much. I hope that whatever your outcome is, you take pride in your accomplishment and don't let the skin issue overshadow all of the great benefits of weight loss.
Streudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 12:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 101/ - /58.8 kgs

Height: 1, 58 m

I have big boobs and have lost close to 59 lbs do far and they already are looking a bit flacid. Of course i'd love if it were possible for them to get smaller and firm but since it isn't, i'm fine with it. It's not that bad. I still have 50 lbs to go. What gets me worried is my belly, which will probably become an apron full of stretch marks. Will look if surgery is possible and if i can pay for it when i get there.

Last edited by Marina Brasil; 10-19-2014 at 12:48 PM.
Marina Brasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 04:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: Start:245 Current:160

Height: 5'5.5

I have DD's and lost 75 pounds and my cup size hasn't really changed enough to go down a size although I'm definitely clipping them tighter. I have stretch marks, but they're all white so I don't entirely hate them and I don't really have sagging skin although I'd definitely like it if things were tighter (hoping finishing losing the weight will take care of that.) I think the reason why is that it's taken me a year and a half to lose what I already have. I usually get really perfect with my weight loss for a month or two and then get bored and maintain or lose more slowly for a month or two. I didn't do it intentionally, but I think it helped my body adjust by giving it a break and going it more slowly. I didn't like the way I looked naked or clothed when I weighed 245 pounds so I'd rather look good clothed and hate the way I look naked then hating both. Honestly I'm getting more comfortable with my naked self anyway so maybe I can have both.
Olly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 04:05 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streudel View Post
I've had big boobs all my life, so that doesn't seem to change if I lose weight. It's definitely not a given that you'll lose those.

Having been over 100 lbs. overweight and being someone who stores the majority of her weight in the belly, I think for me it's going to mean loose skin on my stomach. I'm already seeing a little bit at 55 lbs lost.

When you consider how much skin is there is due to scarring ( stretch marks are basically extra surface area added in response to increased volume ) I doubt that for me it'll simply be a matter of skin elasticity. The extra skin would probably have to be removed.

Now, keep in mind that I'm over 40, so my results will not be the same as yours. But really, even someone with the same weight distribution and the same age might not have the same result. I know we all wish we had the answer, but really, it doesn't matter because the only alternative is to stay fat.

Yes, I'm vain and I would pay for the surgery if I could afford it, but I can't, so I'm trying not to think about it too much. I hope that whatever your outcome is, you take pride in your accomplishment and don't let the skin issue overshadow all of the great benefits of weight loss.
Okay thanks, also when doing chest exercises, are there really exercises to try if I just want to perk my chests up?
Old 10-21-2014, 04:08 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olly View Post
I have DD's and lost 75 pounds and my cup size hasn't really changed enough to go down a size although I'm definitely clipping them tighter. I have stretch marks, but they're all white so I don't entirely hate them and I don't really have sagging skin although I'd definitely like it if things were tighter (hoping finishing losing the weight will take care of that.) I think the reason why is that it's taken me a year and a half to lose what I already have. I usually get really perfect with my weight loss for a month or two and then get bored and maintain or lose more slowly for a month or two. I didn't do it intentionally, but I think it helped my body adjust by giving it a break and going it more slowly. I didn't like the way I looked naked or clothed when I weighed 245 pounds so I'd rather look good clothed and hate the way I look naked then hating both. Honestly I'm getting more comfortable with my naked self anyway so maybe I can have both.
Roughly between ages 12 and 15, I was a 34C-38C and during that time I had went from 120 lbs to 150 lbs, and I only gained maybe an inch or two in height from 4'11 to 5' (roughly). Now I'm roughly an H cup but I have also been measured up to Js and Ks before. Just to give you an idea and yeah I do have sagging boobs because of that
Old 10-21-2014, 04:47 PM   #9  

There are things you can do to prevent the "horror stories" you hear.

WATER. The skin bounces back MUCH faster if you drink LOTS of water.
BCAA's- Branch Chain Amino Acids- the building blocks of muscle- take them. Max out on them daily. They also help with elasticity of the skin and help build smooth muscle faster.
Strength training that works the chest. The muscles UNDER your boobs support them- they won't sag if those muscles are strong- everything stays "perky". Just remember- "Flys get the guys"- Chest flys are perfect for building that muscle for girls.
ANTICAKECHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:26 PM   #10  
Rin

S/C/G: 250/226/164

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTICAKECHICK View Post
There are things you can do to prevent the "horror stories" you hear.

WATER. The skin bounces back MUCH faster if you drink LOTS of water.
BCAA's- Branch Chain Amino Acids- the building blocks of muscle- take them. Max out on them daily. They also help with elasticity of the skin and help build smooth muscle faster.
Strength training that works the chest. The muscles UNDER your boobs support them- they won't sag if those muscles are strong- everything stays "perky". Just remember- "Flys get the guys"- Chest flys are perfect for building that muscle for girls.
Ok I am so going to look into all this! I haven't heard of the amino acid thing. Where do you find them?
Rin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:53 AM   #11  
New Healthy Mum

S/C/G: 229/145.5/141

Height: 5ft8

Well I have exactly 100 pounds to lose and I am 40 down but also 35 weeks pregnant so I am sure I am more or less half way there if not around the 60 down place right now.

I have never had big boobs - i wish I have a 36B bust and even with my first pregnancy never gained any around there.

But my problem is that when I was obese (with baby I have a BMI of 28) I developed all the weight around my stomach and face. Even though I have lost all the face fat now and without baby have a close to normal BMI my stomach will never be what I want it to be.

I am sure when I have finished losing weight and my bmi has gone from a 34.8-19 I will have some horrible flabby skin around my stomach - but I would rather be slim and even if I have to wear a cosy instead of a bikini but I am healthy thats all that will matter to me.
sammymilner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 10:37 AM   #12  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

I had big boobs all my life. I think I was an A cup when I was 10, a B when I was 11 and by the time I was 13, I was a full DD or E depending on the style. I thought I was just a big-busted person and that would always be me.

Well I lost 120 lbs and went from a 44J to a 32E (between the ages of 23 and 25). Now that might sound still big busted but it really isn't and I must admit most of that was loose skin as opposed to breast tissue. In fairness, when I started at 275 lbs, I already had the saggy, pendulous kind of boobage as opposed to the firm and round kind, I guess. So, I could already tell how things were going to go in that area from the beginning and I was left with extremely saggy, empty feeling boobs although what I would say is that the longer I stayed at the same weight, the better they looked and they looked pretty good in the right bra and clothing so... it wasn't all bad. I went through a major regain this year of about 35-40 lbs out of 120 + lbs and I'm now a 36E and my boobs do look better although I don't think I look as good in clothes which is the way 99.9% of people see me. But oh well...

People say chest exercises with heavy weights really help with keeping things firm in the chest and I think they certainly don't hurt. But I also think you need to look at how your boobs are now and how other women in your family's boobs are. If you have pendulous boobs now, it is unlikely they're going to lift and perk up on their own from weight loss. If perky, round, upstanding boobs run in your family and yours are pretty firm and perky for their size, then you might be in luck with exercise etc.

My stomach fared pretty well especially given it had been pretty stretched out by a (thankfully) benign very large ovarian tumor pre-weight loss and I had a saggy, flabby belly even before I started losing weight. By the time I got to goal, beyond a little pooch low down, it was pretty decent if liberally stretchmarked.

Either way, even if I had ended up with saggy everything, it would have been worth it. I'm not often naked and certainly not ever in public, and I definitely had an easier time of it dressing myself the way I wanted even when things were saggy underneath. Good underwear can fix a myriad of things.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 03:30 PM   #13  
Counting bites!

S/C/G: 282/255/130

Height: 5'5"

Everyone is different. If you were large breasted to begin with, you will likely remain large chested. If you have stretch marks or are prone to them, you may have more difficulty in getting or keeping skin elasticity. Now, I do not have very large breasts when at normal weight. I was a b cup at 159 pounds, and at my start weight I am an F cup. Unfortunately, because I've had big gains and losses in the past, I was never a possessor of perky bewbs. My hubby is already well aware that if I get the weight off and keeping off for at least 5 years, I want a lift. If I have the same issue with skin, I want that taken care of as well.
I already have confidence issues because of my weight, I don't need to still have those issues becUse I'm embarrassed by saggy skin.

In the meantime I am moisturizing like crazy and I'll keep up with a strength routine.
izzyboomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 04:50 PM   #14  

I buy mine through Advocare- its called Catalyst BUT you can buy them at GNC or the like- BCAA's is what they are called. Mine come in caplets, but I have a hard time swallowing them so I open them and dump them in my vitamin drink. (I feel awkward telling you I buy Advocare product because I sell it and we aren't supposed to advertise on here- I am simply answering a question in regards to the BCAA's and where I find them.)
Old 10-30-2014, 04:52 PM   #15  

Just to add- I've lost 35# so far and mine actually look BETTER and slightly more full than they did before. So- who knows. I think the boob thing is part luck too lol