Old 04-28-2015, 12:31 AM   #46  
ParadiseComing

S/C/G: 273/273/199

Height: 5' 9"

Progress is progress. Don't be so hard on yourself. You didn't gain weight, so... Yippee!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagazim View Post
I think I've been in or near 275 since January.

271.4 today.
HeartyLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 12:32 AM   #47  
ParadiseComing

Lol, if I were the scale I would've given it to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kailpea View Post
280.0 this morning! The scale acted like it really wanted to stop at 279. . . I like it was contemplating if I had worked hard enough to reward me with an extra pound and then decide not to give it to me! But I'll take 280!
Old 04-28-2015, 09:31 AM   #48  
Katherine

S/C/G: 283/280/172

Height: 5'10

HeartyLady: Food and Sleep. Yes. The two most amazing things. I always feel tired. Always. And I know it has to do with how out of shape I'm in. But my bed is just so comforting, why would I want to go work out? I'm not currently taking anything but a few months ago I had my cholesterol checked and my LDLs were pretty high. Doctor wanted to recheck them in 3 months and I have been avoiding that place like the plague thinking and hoping that I can get it under control myself. What is your plan for losing weight?

Well after a pretty terrible weekend of eating out, the scale was pretty angry with me. But it's slowly coming down again. 281.8 this morning.

Last edited by kailpea; 04-28-2015 at 09:32 AM.
kailpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 01:52 PM   #49  
ParadiseComing

Default Clean Eating

Kailpea: I've been reading a lot about clean eating. I haven't put it into practice but I think that's where I'm heading. I'm currently tracking my calories, less than 1500 per day and less than 150 carbs per day. I've stopped eating fast food except salads at Wendy's. For snacks I'm eating fruit, cheese sticks, apple sauce and cottage cheese instead of my usual danish or brownie. I think it's been a whole seven days this is usually where I get off and go back to my old habits. No exercise plan yet. I'm mulling that over. Fingers crossed.
What's your plan?

Quote:
HeartyLady: Food and Sleep. Yes. The two most amazing things. I always feel tired. Always. And I know it has to do with how out of shape I'm in. But my bed is just so comforting, why would I want to go work out? I'm not currently taking anything but a few months ago I had my cholesterol checked and my LDLs were pretty high. Doctor wanted to recheck them in 3 months and I have been avoiding that place like the plague thinking and hoping that I can get it under control myself. What is your plan for losing weight?

Well after a pretty terrible weekend of eating out, the scale was pretty angry with me. But it's slowly coming down again. 281.8 this morning.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:28 AM   #50  
Katherine

HeartyLady I love the idea of clean eating and I try my best to clean eat, but sometimes it just doesn't happen. I'm hoping that as time progresses and I continue to et healthy I can incorporate clean eating into my diet more and more. I've been counting calories at my fitness pal and man does it help. I try to stay around 1600 but if i exercise alot that day sometimes I eat more. I have my fitness pay activity level set to "sedentary" and I also use my phone to track my steps throughout the day and I let my fitness pal adjust that. My current step goal is to get 10000 a day, but that doesn't always happen. I don't usually have my phone on me when i'm around the house so the weekends are alway really low step counts. I'm trying to get back into C25K. My first go around with weight loss I did really well and lost a bunch of weight just doing that 3 times a week. I made it to week four or 5 but now I can't even complete week 1! It's kinda depressing.

Anyway. . . scale was super nice to me today and finally put me in the 270's! weighed in at 279.6. Hoping it sticks!
Old 04-29-2015, 07:42 AM   #51  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

susiemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:14 AM   #52  
ParadiseComing

Default Kailpea

I don't think clean eating will work for me because I don't like to cook. I have been doing good with not eating out though and I'm eating a lot more veggies and fruit. I bought groceries so that I could cook but I still haven't cooked anything.
Last night I almost broke. I didn't like what I had for dinner and I threw it away. I had a BLT. I had the calories to spare but the white bread took me over my carbs.
I'm trying to tell myself that no matter what, I will not give up. Even if I fall off the wagon, the next day I will get up and try again.
I'm not going to weigh-in until next month. My weight fluctuates too much to weigh myself everyday, that would make me miserable.
Old 04-29-2015, 02:11 PM   #53  
Katherine

HeartyLady We all have bad days. But you're right, just get back on track the next day I have a problem with clean eating too because I just flat out don't have time to cook! Maybe look for ways to enjoy foods that you do like but make them healthier. Try doing it step by step. Maybe start by replacing the white bread with whole wheat and take baby steps. BLTs are one of my favorite things, but what I've learned to do when I want one is to load up on the veggies. Instead of mayo I use some avocado... you could even mix it will a little vinegar to get the tanginess of mayo and then a load the veggies. Instead of iceberg lettuce I uses spinach, cucumber, onion, tomato and then I only uses 1 or 2 slices of bacon. Last time I made one instead of normal bread which can add 200 calories for 2 slices I got these things call "fold its." Its a flat bread but its baked into a figure 8 shape so you can just fold it in half for a sandwich. They're 90 calories so it saves at least 100 calories.
Old 04-29-2015, 10:15 PM   #54  
ParadiseComing

Default Lindy87

How's it going? I think it's a great idea to wait 30 days to weigh-in. I've already marked the day on my calendar. I just have to decide how I'll celebrate. I'm not going to celebrate with food. I'll have to think of a reward I'd enjoy giving myself. I hope you're having a good week with your new eating plan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy87 View Post
I am back again for the bazillionth time. Still weighing in the 280s. 286.4 this morning. I have been having such severe arthritis pain in my knees and I am too young for this already. Starting a new way of eating today. The Whole30. I saw it on the Today show last week and I thought I would give it a try. So far, so good for day 1. I am not supposed to weigh in for the whole 30 days so this will be a challenge since I like to weigh myself everyday. Hoping to have fun on this new ride.
Old 04-29-2015, 10:25 PM   #55  
ParadiseComing

Default Kailpea

The problem is I like white bread, especially for my BLT. Baby steps indeed. I'll try a low-cal flathead. There are plenty of great recipes to make meals healthier but I'll have to put my thinking cap on to eat low-cal without cooking. So far it's not clean but it is leaner than what I've been eating. Keep moving forward. I haven't quit yet.
Quote:
HeartyLady We all have bad days. But you're right, just get back on track the next day I have a problem with clean eating too because I just flat out don't have time to cook! Maybe look for ways to enjoy foods that you do like but make them healthier. Try doing it step by step. Maybe start by replacing the white bread with whole wheat and take baby steps. BLTs are one of my favorite things, but what I've learned to do when I want one is to load up on the veggies. Instead of mayo I use some avocado... you could even mix it will a little vinegar to get the tanginess of mayo and then a load the veggies. Instead of iceberg lettuce I uses spinach, cucumber, onion, tomato and then I only uses 1 or 2 slices of bacon. Last time I made one instead of normal bread which can add 200 calories for 2 slices I got these things call "fold its." Its a flat bread but its baked into a figure 8 shape so you can just fold it in half for a sandwich. They're 90 calories so it saves at least 100 calories.
Old 04-29-2015, 10:40 PM   #56  
ParadiseComing

Default C25k

I looked up C25k and downloaded it. It had great reviews.

Keep hope alive.

Quote:
HeartyLady I love the idea of clean eating and I try my best to clean eat, but sometimes it just doesn't happen. I'm hoping that as time progresses and I continue to et healthy I can incorporate clean eating into my diet more and more. I've been counting calories at my fitness pal and man does it help. I try to stay around 1600 but if i exercise alot that day sometimes I eat more. I have my fitness pay activity level set to "sedentary" and I also use my phone to track my steps throughout the day and I let my fitness pal adjust that. My current step goal is to get 10000 a day, but that doesn't always happen. I don't usually have my phone on me when i'm around the house so the weekends are alway really low step counts. I'm trying to get back into C25K. My first go around with weight loss I did really well and lost a bunch of weight just doing that 3 times a week. I made it to week four or 5 but now I can't even complete week 1! It's kinda depressing.

Anyway. . . scale was super nice to me today and finally put me in the 270's! weighed in at 279.6. Hoping it sticks!
Old 04-30-2015, 01:06 PM   #57  
Round 2

S/C/G: 315/289.6/160

Height: 5'5

273... this time next week I will be in a new decade.
pegeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 02:42 PM   #58  
Katherine

Pegeye: Congrats! Keep going strong into the next decade!

HeartyLady: C25K can be rough when you first start. If you have trouble completely week one outside, doing it on the treadmill is a bit easier to get started with it.

Long and pretty rotten day at clinical today. I came home and all I wanted was Pizza. So instead of giving in and ordering delivery I made my own out of a piece of flat bread, sauce, cheese, peppers, onions and some salami that my husband munches on. It satisfied my "down in the dumps I wanna stress eat" pizza craving , didn't break the diet, and I don't have to be tempted by left over pizza in the fridge.

Weighed in at 279.6. Moving in the right direction

Last edited by kailpea; 04-30-2015 at 02:43 PM.
Old 05-01-2015, 03:53 AM   #59  
ParadiseComing

Default Kailpea

Thanks for the heads up. I don't own a treadmill but I haven't made it out of my bed either.
I'm sorry you had a bad day but you dealt with it well. Keep up the good work.

HeartyLady: C25K can be rough when you first start. If you have trouble completely week one outside, doing it on the treadmill is a bit easier to get started with it.

Long and pretty rotten day at clinical today. I came home and all I wanted was Pizza. So instead of giving in and ordering delivery I made my own out of a piece of flat bread, sauce, cheese, peppers, onions and some salami that my husband munches on. It satisfied my "down in the dumps I wanna stress eat" pizza craving , didn't break the diet, and I don't have to be tempted by left over pizza in the fridge.

Weighed in at 279.6. Moving in the right direction[/QUOTE]
Old 05-01-2015, 07:07 AM   #60  

1 pound down this week... not great but it puts me in the 280's! I hope my time here is short.
KittenIsOverIt is offline   Reply With Quote