Back...

• Hi,

I'm back. Got the surprise of my life with a newsletter in the mail. It has been a long time since I have been here - apparently I wasn't totally dropped from the site

I forget where I was - what I weighed - and how long ago I was even here! I do remember a few of the names.

How are all of you doing? What's the latest challenge? Is there one?

I don't even remember what I weighed when I first came here! Need to find my profile I guess - if I have one

This place sure has changed! I need to lQQk around more ... I will be back sooner this time!
  • it HAS changed. i don't really remember you - i started here last november. but welcome back!

are you a success story yet?
  • Hi Holly,

Am I a success yet? Hmmm.... Well, I did find where I first started posting, eventually, and at that time I weighed in at 297 ... I no longer weigh that I am currently at 274 - a tad down from there ... and losing. I have lost an average of 3# a month for the past seven months, and August will be eight months in a row of going "downhill". I have a very slow, but stable metabolism. I had to give in to that and not set goals I couldn't meet.

So, am I a success? Well, I am on my *weigh*
  • I understand about leaving here and seeing the changes when you come back. As you can tell from my registration date, I was one of the early people here (I remember the "old" board!), but stopped trying to lose weight when I got pregnant. Now my baby's two and a half, and I'm back here, heavier than ever.

But the support and the wit and the good common sense is here, whenever we need it. Welcome home!
  • Welcome back, Krickett!!
  • Krickett, it sounds like a success story to me! Congrats on your steady losses. What plan are you following for both food and exercise?
  • Hi there!!! Welcome back!!
  • Hi Krickett! Welcome back! Hope to see you around the board frequently.
  • Welcome Back!!
  • Karefree2,

Okay, I'm not sure how to respond to someone's post - none of the "little buttons" seem to fit

You can help me by telling me how to reply to someone's posts! Other than this "quick reply" where I'm not sure you will know I answered your question

First, I am merely cutting back on my portion sizes, limiting my fats/sugars and paying close attention to eating well balanced. Some days I keep a food journal - others not. I seem to "natually" at this point hit around 1400 calories a day on average. Next, for exercise I swim twice a week (go about a mile), do strength training with machines, water aerobics, and ride a recumbent bike. I am physically disabled according to my driver's license (I don't admit it), but I will acknowledge I am limited in "what" I can do for exercise

Any more questions?
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by Krickett
    You can help me by telling me how to reply to someone's posts! Other than this "quick reply" where I'm not sure you will know I answered your question
    if you click the little button that says "quote", it does what i did with your entry. you can also delete it down to just the part of the post you want to quote. =)
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by gonzostar
    little button that says "quote", you can also delete it down to just the part of the post you want to quote. =)
    Yippee I did it.

Thank you very much gonzostar, I appreciate your taking the time to answer my question.