Old 11-16-2014, 02:20 PM   #91  

Height: 5'5"

Irishbabe - Woot on the yoga at the hotel! I am going to make yoga a priority at some point, cuz I legit love it. Have a good time traveling.

Sunarie - I hate when I'm running out of food. Since you and I share an impoverished past (right? I think I remember that.), I have to say, though, I am grateful almost every time I have the funds to get groceries when I need them, even if it's right before payday. Sounds like your plan is continuing to allow the slow, but steady losses. Sweet!

I got another whoosh. It may be temporary, or I may be just seeing my very long lull at 203/204 paying off. Either way, I'm liking my plan and will be continuing it for a while. Today's a lifting day, though, so I expect the scale will go up a little bit tomorrow morning. It would be really ideal if I never had to see 19x again. Not likely, of course, but possible. =)

I'm also doing Thanksgiving with my in-laws, and they haven't really seen me for more than a few minutes here and there since I started my new weight loss push. As of this morning, I'm 50 pounds down since July. I will admit on here (and only on this forum) that I'm super excited for my husband to hear his family telling me how good I look. =) That's what I predict will happen, though I am not sure it will.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 09:34 PM   #92  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Laurie,Pink & Sunarie ~ Thanks for the welcome everyone, Just to let you all know I havent been on plan all year, I hope thats not what this thread is, I just thought it was a thread about being on your weight loss journey for a year which in 2 months, It will be 1 year for me.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 10:58 PM   #93  

Height: 5' 5''

I am back it has been a rough week. Since last friday I have been having excruciating tooth ache. ;( Had a root canal this friday, but I am still in pain. the scale has been going up and down like crazy between 2-3 lbs.

Anyway I hope this week is better. I have been pretty bummed. I was hoping to be at 210 by tomorrow but that won't happen. At least I am at 212.3 now, progress is progress. That makes 21.4 lbs down this far.

My husband and I only have 1 car, I had been walking to the gym to workout, but it is getting pretty cold and it has even snowed... Not sure what I am going to do. And I HATE exercising at home because we pretty much have carpet in every room but the kitchen and the bathroom. Anyone has any ideas?

Hoping you are all okay, sorry for disappearing. I was just feeling vry crappy, didn't even want to get out of bed.
Mari26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 10:04 AM   #94  

LaurieDawn - Your secret is safe with us. Looking good and taking compliments is one of the great things about losing weight!

Mari26 - great for you, walking to the gym to workout. Like a double workout! Can you do a kickboxing CD (not really laying on the ground), or do weights at home on crummy days?

Did not stay focused this weekend. Holding at 239/240 for like a week. Better than going up, but I know I'm not really turning on the effort these last few weeks. No time to go into the whole thing now, but in a nutshell, I'm stressed about my mother coming to stay for a week at Thanksgiving. Lots of weight related guilt/sabotage/competition issues there. Thought I'd let my side go, but I can feel it holding me down.

Send positive thoughts my way ladies!!
irishbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 01:16 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Irishbabe - Don't worry about it too much. Easier said than done I know! I was super stressing about Thanksgiving just a few posts back too, but everything sorta worked out in the end. Concentrate on the stuff you did well though, instead of the stuff you were off plan about

LaurieDawn - Grats on another whoosh! You're just flew right through the 190's, which is awesome Nothing wrong with looking forward to your in-laws reactions. I am hoping my boyfriend's mom will notice the weight I've dropped since we last saw them (around 4 months ago). Currently the only person that could comment on the loss for me is boyfriend, but both he and I see myself everyday and I haven't lost enough yet that it's totally obvious given daily viewing. You're right about the poor background bit. It's weird cause we've been not living paycheck to paycheck since he got a job around six months ago now, and even before that we were still better off than me alone once we moved in together a little over a year ago... I'm still not use to not having to worry about money for groceries. Every single time I ask how much is in the account before we go out, which isn't a bad practice. We have a large chunk of money set aside for the grocery budge, but probably only spend around two thirds of it.

Terra - This thread, or how most of us seem to be using it anyway, is about holding yourself accountable for some diet aspect for a year going forward. So for me I try to keep myself accountable for food choices and post my meal plan here. For others it's maintaining. Doesn't mean we never slip up. Feel free to post here as much as you want

Mari - Eww root canal. I had one of those in 2nd grade and it was not pleasant. Major grats on the loss though! As far as the winter stuff goes.. maybe bundle up and just keep your workout clothes separate? There are also thermals and such specifically designed for exercise in cold weather, though they can be spendy. I do my workouts in my living room, so being outside isn't a huge problem for me as the weather gets colder. I do wear socks and shoes when I do my workout on the carpet cause otherwise it makes me feet hurt. I'd kind of rather do an elliptical workout at the gym, but the people always make me nervous and we also only have one car at the moment, with no gym close by.

Anyway, I went MIA for a bit. Went out to some dinners/get-togethers that boyfriend's coworkers put together to celebrate the end of some projects at work. I tried my best to stay on plan, and didn't use up too many of my weeklies.. MyFitnessPal says I was under calorie goal by a little bit, but I couldn't find the exact foods listed... and my sugar intake was waaaay over goal on the app. All in all I gained .8lbs over the weekend so I'm back up to 232.8, which also means it's the first time I've posted a gain for a challenge. At least I made some good choices over the weekend though. I easily could have elected to eat more of the sweets that were available, or drank more. Fully back on plan today.

Meal plan for today:

Breakfast: Breakfast Drink (4 pp)
Snack: Apple Peach Crisp Smoothie (5 pp)
Lunch: Oven Baked Sesame Ginger Chicken w/ 1 cup cooked white rice (10 pp)
Dinner: Leftover Chicken and Rice (10 pp)
Snack: Yoplait Light w/ granola (4 pp) Glass of Wine (2 pp)

Daily Total/Allowed: 35/36
Weekly Points Used: 0/35

Exercise: Zumba Activate DVD.
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 01:34 PM   #96  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

Day 11&12: 197.2

Working late nights on the weekends always makes me gain since I don't get much sleep. And I tend to overeat because I usually have dinner at 7pm and I'm hungry again by 2am (I don't get off work until 4am.)

I need to really figured out how to balance this out because what I'm doing now obviously isn't working.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:35 PM   #97  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Sunarie ~ Thanks for answering my question
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 03:14 AM   #98  
Bella Signora ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunarie View Post

Anyway, I went MIA for a bit. Went out to some dinners/get-togethers that boyfriend's coworkers put together to celebrate the end of some projects at work. I tried my best to stay on plan, and didn't use up too many of my weeklies.. MyFitnessPal says I was under calorie goal by a little bit, but I couldn't find the exact foods listed... and my sugar intake was waaaay over goal on the app. All in all I gained .8lbs over the weekend so I'm back up to 232.8, which also means it's the first time I've posted a gain for a challenge. At least I made some good choices over the weekend though. I easily could have elected to eat more of the sweets that were available, or drank more. Fully back on plan today.

Meal plan for today:

Dinner: Leftover Chicken and Rice (10 pp)

Daily Total/Allowed: 35/36

Good for you for staying on track! This weekend was rough for me but I'm determined to have a better week!
Old 11-18-2014, 09:59 AM   #99  

Good morning, all!

Ciao - Oof. Low sleep is a killer on weight loss. Not only does it have an actual physical effect, but low sleep generally means low energy, which too often translates into using food (and often high-sugar food) to make up for the energy deficit. I know you'll figure this out, though. Sometimes, it's just a matter of white-knuckling it until things stabilize.

Terra - If this thread required one year of perfectly on plan, there would be no one here. I admire people who stay perfectly on plan for long periods, but even they slip up. And I struggle to string even one full week on plan on a regular basis. Fortunately, weight loss doesn't require perfection.

Sunarie - You are so positive all of the time! Gains are part of this, unfortunately, and to have gone so long without one is amazing. Can't wait until after Thanksgiving, when you and I share how impressed our respective in-laws are with our new, svelter figures!

Irishbabe - Isn't it weird how our families can be such triggers? Sending lots of positive thoughts your way! Just more proof that much of this is mental rather than physical. But I have faith you can figure this out. And thanks for keeping the secret. ;-)

I popped back up into the 190s after seeing 189.0 on Sunday morning. I ate way too much of the wrong foods on Sunday evening, to the extent that I woke up at 3 a.m. just really wanting to vomit, as I thought that was the only thing that would make me feel better. I fought the urge, though, as I am terrified of anything that would be purge-like. I am up to 190.6 this morning, but back on plan, and feeling physically and mentally better. 180s, here I come!
Old 11-18-2014, 12:45 PM   #100  

Ciao - Sorry to hear about late weekends causing trouble. Maybe it'd be beneficial to switch your dinner to a later time on the weekends and instead of doing a full meal where dinner currently is, eating something filling but low in calories? I like the Carnation Instant Breakfast drinks I do, but they're kinda high in carbs. Only 220 calories for the sugar one though, think it's 180 for the sugar free.. assuming you use skim milk with it. It does keep me full until lunch, and if I find myself hungry at night I'll usually drink another to stave off hunger. Meal bars or something similar may also work. Food around work is always tricky.

LaurieDawn - Thank you. I do try to stay positive because I'm trying to change my lifestyle and I want to enjoy it. In the past I've focused on how much I have to lose, and what foods I couldn't eat.. and that stuff just made me depressed on top of resulting in some massive binging. Finding the positives can be a lot tougher than me just typing it out makes it out to be.. but it's been working so far! I get you on the not wanting anything to feel purge like. There was a period in my life when I actually did purge, fully knowing that it was completely unhealthy for me to be doing, and now I avoid it if at all possible. Glad to read you're feeling better. You'll be back in the 180's in no time!

I'm down to 231.5 today, which is awesome. I did wake up to a text message from my mom letting my know my step-dad is in the hospital to have some tests done because he's had chest pains for over a week. Apparently they stayed the night there last night. I'm a bit annoyed because I called my mom last night to discuss presents for my son (I had sent an amazon wish list to her and my dad, and was just making sure presents didn't overlap cause my dad sent stuff without telling me). She didn't mention anything to me about hospital stuff, even though she sounded tired on the phone I thought it was just cause I had called late. Maybe she just didn't want me to worry though. In the text message they made it sound not too bad, and my step dad's family doesn't have a history of heart problems or anything. So hopefully everything is good there. The hospital said it could be gastrointestinal problems or heart problems and they're doing stress tests today.

Meal plan for today:

Dinner: 6" Subway Sandwich (11 pp)

Daily Total/Allowed: 36/36

Exercise: Taking the day off, I don't find exercise to be stress relieving and I don't need more stress at the moment.
Old 11-18-2014, 02:18 PM   #101  
Bella Signora ♥

Day 13: 197.4
Old 11-19-2014, 09:38 AM   #102  

Sunarie - Sorry to hear about the stepdad. Hope all went well with the hospital. And I actually do that "try to stay positive" thing too, though I don't know that I do it as well as you. =) If, for example, I get an assignment at work, my inclination is to say, "I'd be happy to do that." Cuz if I have to do it anyway, might as well embrace it all the way, right?

Ciao - My numbers tend to stay the same (or almost the same) for days at a time before getting a whoosh. I have been seeing 190.x every morning for 3 mornings, following 189.0 on Sunday. Hope we both get whooshes soon!

190.8 this morning. Another gain, this time of 0.2. But I lifted yesterday, and I tend not to lose after lifting. Add a high sodium dinner, and I didn't expect a loss. Tomorrow, though, will hopefully be down. It's a cardio day, baby.
Old 11-19-2014, 01:14 PM   #103  

LaurieDawn - Thank you. He's out of the hospital today. Heart is fine but that means they don't know what is causing the pain for him. He's on a strict diet for now, and some pretty heavy pain killers. As far as the being positive stuff goes.. I've been much more successful being positive with weight loss than other aspects of my life, it's a bit weird. I think the whole mini-goal thing really helps because then I'm constantly celebrating somethings. I did something measurable to congratulate myself for and all. I am overly nice about other things, but that's more about avoiding confrontation than it is being happy to do whatever. I'm getting better at it, or have through the years. I'm emotionally codependent, or that's what the therapist says.. so it's something I've been working on for a long, long time. I don't know that I'll ever completely get away from it, but I can definitely say improvements have been made, especially where sticking myself in really unhealthy relationships is concerned.

Anyway, got a new scale. I asked for one for Christmas since the one I had got some nasty reviews on Amazon, a ton of which were about inaccuracy. Dad got me my wish as an early Christmas present when he sent presents up for my sons birthday/Christmas. He did say I could open it and use it immediately and all. New scale read 230.6 this morning. Not sure if it's just the new scale of if I dropped. Hopefully a combination of the two. Either way I'm taking it. New low and that means only 1.6lbs to go before 1st mini-goal is met! .6lbs and I take another daily point off.

Meal Plan for today:

Lunch: 2 ServingsSweet and Sour Chicken w/ side of veggies (10 pp) Page for the recipe seems to not be loading.. google has a cached copy though, that's what I linked to instead.
Dinner: 1 serving Leftover Chicken w/ brown rice (10 pp)
Snack: English Toffee Ice Cream Bar (3 pp)

Daily Total/Allowed: 34/36

Old 11-19-2014, 01:35 PM   #104  

Height: 5' 5''

Irishbabe That is a great idea, I might just try it. Thank you.

Sunarie Yup, it was horrible! And my tooth STILL hurts! We have a Snap Fitness really close, I have been advice against walking on the snow/snowy sidewalk. We will see what happens when Winter comes. :P

As of me, I was randomly at 210 lbs this morning! Another goal achieved! I am soooo happy. I had been feeling STUCK for a while. I have 5 weeks as of today to lose another 10-11 lbs to make it to 200 or under!

nom nom Soup for lunch today!
Mari26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 09:32 AM   #105  

Mari - Yay on hitting 210! And yay on being so close to Onederland! That's a huge milestone. I'm also feeling a little stuck, so a reminder that just pushing through it generally works out just fine is very helpful for me right now.

Sunarie - Glad it's not his heart. Hope they discover the cause soon. Yay on a new low for you as well! Hopefully, I will be able to report the same soon enough.

I am 190.8. Exactly the same as yesterday, despite being perfectly on plan with food and doing three miles of HIIT on the treadmill last night. I know Iget stuck sometimes, though, so I'm just going to keep on keeping on. I won't mention that I decided this morning was a good time to try some "carb cycling" and eat two cookies. I really just wanted the cookies, but it feels more legit if I call it an experiment in carb cycling. =)

Have a great day all!