Old 11-05-2014, 03:52 PM   #61  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

Definitely joining in on this. I'll also be doing a 365 accountability on Instagram.

Mine is also eating healthier and staying on track with my weight loss. Life always seems to get in the way.

So here's to Day 1: 199.0 lbs
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 12:48 PM   #62  

Height: 5' 5''

Pink Hurricane Thank you so much!! That sounds nummy, you should share the recipe? :P

Irishbabe I am sure most of us here have been in a THOUSAND "diets" before, so we all understand where you are coming from. I feel my whole life is a mess, and I try to set everything in place ... and it works ... for like 3-4 days lol. So you are not alone, but I am here for you if you need to vent. It can be overwhelming sometimes.

Sunarie Hehehe, we spent all of our time off in 2 weddings as well. But they where both ours! :P Hope everything works out, we still have no plans :x

LaurieDawn The scale is indeed treacherous. I have a love/hate relationship with it. You are such in inspiration though, 43 lbs is A LOT! Sadly apparently I don't even mess up with my weight too much while TOM. The following week is where I have issues. So weird! Glad you are feeling better.

As for me, I pigged out yesterday. Ate 2000 cal to mess with my body, and it seems to have worked. 214.5 lbs this morning! That's 0.7 lbs since monday. I am hoping to make it over 2 lbs this week though, see if I can pick up the slack from last week. Since I haven't been on the gym though... it probably won't happen. I don't know what to do with this back pain, I've had it for a week and a half. Should I go to the gym with it? Or keep skipping? I am wanting to go to the Dr, we called and we haven't been called back yet. I might go use the treadmill today and avoid all weight lifting and such? IDK what to do xD
Mari26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 01:12 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

LaurieDawn - I know right? Who would have ever thought inviting yourself over could turn out bad. She still hasn't responded to either me or boyfriend asking her what plans are now. Thanks for your kind words too. I don't really think of myself as an inspiration, haha.. just trying to make the change! Don't work yourself too hard while you're sick, especially with bronchitis. Your body needs the energy to fight off the sickness. It is good that you're feeling better overall though.

Ciao - Welcome to the thread!

Mari - Yay for your scale starting to move again! Back pain is tricky. I'd say listen to your body and don't strain yourself, definitely get in to see a doctor. Maybe do some light exercises that don't focus on the back, and definitely stop if the pain starts getting worse. When I was in 6th grade I twisted some odd way and ended up pulling a muscle in my back.. I ignored the pain until I was quite literally unable to walk and my dad had to carry me to the doctor. I was then out of sports and any exercise (save for physical therapy) for six whole weeks. So, it may suck to wait, but it could save you some time in the long run.

Weigh in for two challenges was today. I'm at 232.8 still. Surprised that hasn't gone back up yet, but it's been a bit of a stressful week for reasons I won't get into. That puts me down 1.8lbs from last week's challenge weigh-in. Yay! Ever closer to my first mini-goal.

I was suppose to cook for meal plan today, but that kinda fell apart because of some stuff that happened last night. I totally blanked about dethawing food, and I don't really like microwaving to dethaw. Probably means boyfriend will pick up Taco Bell on the way home, and then I'll do a salad again for dinner. Meals haven't been varied much this week, but as long as I'm sticking to stuff that's okay.. I could probably actually eat the same thing for weeks on end and be fine with it.. we've just been trying to find recipes boyfriend and I both like.

Today's meal plan:

Breakfast: Carnation Instant Breakfast Drink (4 points)
Snack: PB&J Smoothie (6 points)
Lunch: 3 Crunchy Tacos (12 points)
Dinner: Chicken Salad (10 points)
Snack: Yoplait Light (2 points)

Daily Total/Allowed: 36/36
Weekly points Used: 0/35

Exercise: Zumba Activate DVD.

Last edited by sunarie; 11-07-2014 at 12:42 PM.
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 03:59 PM   #64  

Mari26 - Thanks for having my back here. I guess the trick with all those past diets is to take the learnings and leave the failures behind.

Sunarie - Those stressful days are a killer. I'm a big planner, but I can't tell you how many times failing to defrost has derailed me! But you've made such great progress, it'll be a small bump in the road.

Feeling s glimmer of hope today. Had a much better day today and yesterday. Mostly stuck w/my meal plan and was willing to be flexible, which is the whole point of following an 80/20 rule program. Was at 241, 1.5 down. I'll take it!

Haven't been sleeping well lately due to some stress at work and reflux (made worse by stress and caffeine cycle from not sleeping - can't win). Just trying to hang on until weekend when I can catch my breath and sleep in.
irishbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 04:18 PM   #65  

Looks like we're doing Subway today.. so switch out the tacos for half a footlong turkey, and then the chicken salad for the other half. 11 points each so points value for the day stays the same.
Old 11-06-2014, 06:52 PM   #66  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Quick post since I have had a really bad migraine for the past 6 hours, also welcome Ciao!

I read through everyone's posts and will respond tomorrow, just popping in to say hey, keep going, it's almost Friday!! Had a NSV that I will share with you ladies tomorrow as well as the recipe for the pot roast. I am thinking this migraine is from too little carbs so my husband is about to shove bread down my throat lol.

I will be back tomorrow!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 03:18 AM   #67  
Bella Signora ♥

Day 2: 197.6 lbs (-1.4 lbs)

Super tired since going into work unexpectedly. Also, I work at a restaurant and usually eat there since I'm a manager and get my meal for free, but tonight I brought food from home. Horray for the small victories.
Old 11-07-2014, 08:28 AM   #68  
Bella Signora ♥

Day 3: 197.6 lbs

No change. I also worked late last night and just wanna get some sleep.
Old 11-07-2014, 12:44 PM   #69  

Pink Hurricane - Hope you're feeling better. Migraines are the worst. I'm surprised you got on the computer at all! I usually can't even stand to look at the screen when I've had them in the past.

Irishbabe - I hope you're feeling better too. Stress sucks and does nasty things to the body. TGIF, hopefully it's your Friday too!

Ciao - Congrats on the loss and way to go making healthy food choices

I'm down to 232 today. I'm actually a bit amazed that I haven't had a gain in a while. This isn't really normal for me so I'm afraid there's going to be a massive gain at some point coming up. Won't really cry if that doesn't happen though, lol. 3lbs till first mini-goal, which will also knock me below 230. At 230 I also lose another point per day. I kinda like that about WW.. the points slowly come off so it's not like I suddenly have to reduce my portions.. it's a very gradual thing which gives me tons of time to adjust.

The milk I had left in the fridge that was suppose to last through today started tasting kinda funky yesterday so I threw the rest of it out. It's sell by date was the 4th of November, and I've read that milk is suppose to last a good 6 days beyond that but.. oh well. It wasn't curdled or anything, just had a funny taste/smell so out it went. Which means no milk for my breakfast drink today. Substituting with a smoothie instead. We'll hit the grocery store tomorrow.

Today's meal plan:

Breakfast: PB&J Smoothie (6 points)
Snack: Apple (0 points)
Lunch: 2 servings Creamy Bacon Cheddar Pasta.. minus the bacon for our house, I dislike the stuff (14 points)
Dinner: Single serving pasta (6 points) Glass of Wine (2 points)
Snack: Yoplait Light plus Granola (4 points) WW Ice Cream Bar (3 points)

Daily Total/Allowed: 35/36
Weekly points Used: 0/35

Exercise: Just Dance Sweat Mode (40min).
Old 11-08-2014, 01:22 PM   #70  
Bella Signora ♥

Day 4: 199.2 lbs

Expected. My husband and I had yummy Chinese food but all the sodium made me retain water. Oh well, gotta keep moving forward!
Old 11-08-2014, 02:54 PM   #71  

Awesome attitude to have Ciao

Up a little today. 232.4. Still though, much lower than I have been these past few years. I did end up overeating a bit yesterday. I was really hungry for whatever reason, like tummy was killing me. I ended up cooking some lean pockets that had been sitting in the freezer. Had originally bought them for boyfriend because we couldn't find the four cheese hot pockets, but he didn't like the lean ones.. so they sat there.. anyway, cooked them up cause they were quick and easy.. filled me up but my stomach felt awful afterwards. All last night I just kinda felt sick.

In other news, boyfriend's mom and sister are definitely coming for Thanksgiving. Now it's just a toss up for whether his mom sleeps on the floor or whether they get a hotel. Apparently she's gonna talk to his sister about it. Fingers crossed for hotel. I may do a combination Thanksgiving dinner plus birthday party for my son. His birthday is Dec 4th, so it'd be a bit early.. but that puts it a tiny bit further from Christmas, and he'll have a bigger birthday with his school friend's at his dad's later.

Today's meal plan:

Breakfast: Breakfast Drink (6 points)
Snack: Peach Crisp Smoothie (5 points)
Lunch: 2 servings Creamy Bacon Cheddar Pasta (14 points)
Snack: Yoplait Light (2 points)

Daily Total/Allowed: 37/36
Weekly points Used: 5/35

Exercise: Rest day, weekend.
Old 11-09-2014, 04:40 PM   #72  

So, turns out boyfriend's sister has sports practice over the Thanksgiving weekend.. which means despite what his mom said, we're now going there. She's even paying for a hotel for us to stay in. So yay!

At 232.6 today. Still feels good to see 232.. and that's still close to my goal for the end of November!

Today's meal plan:

Breakfast: Breakfast Drink (4 points)
Snack: Peach Crisp Smoothie (5 points)
Lunch: 2 servings each Thai Chicken Skewers w/ side of Green Bean Casserole (12 points)
Snack: WW Ice Cream Bar (3 points)

Daily Total/Allowed: 34/36

Exercise: Rest day, weekend.
Old 11-09-2014, 09:21 PM   #73  

Sunarie - Great news about Thanksgiving. Going to your boyfriend's mother's sounds like it'll work great for everyone.

Ciao - Good for you, staying focused.

I had a momentary relapse with a coffee cake yesterday. It really wasn't even that good...but was feeling very lazy and there it was. So, got that under control today. Hit the movies with the kiddos today and cooked ahead for later in the week. Weighed in at 241.5. Fine with that. Looking forward.

Wishing everyone a great week!
irishbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 12:23 PM   #74  

Irishbabe - Yay for not dwelling on things that are considered "off plan". A little bit of coffee cake on one day isn't gonna destroy your diet

New low on the scale today. 231.8! So excited to get down to 229. Not only will it be my first mini-goal, but that's also when I'll actually have less than 100lbs to lose too (assuming my goal weight stays the same). It's a multi-win scale achievement.

I actually don't know if my goal weight is really right for me. I'll probably have to adjust it as I get further down. It's been so long since I've been down that low, basically I haven't been even in that realm since high school. In high school I was around 145-150 (which technically puts me into the "overweight" category for my height), but I was also really, really active in sports so I likely had more lean mass (muscle) than I do now, or than I expect to when I get lower in the future. I just don't see myself working out for several hours a day like I did with the sports stuff. We shall see though!

Meal plan for today:

Breakfast: Breakfast Drink (4 pp)
Snack: Peach Crisp Smoothie (5 pp)
Lunch: Chicken Enchilada Soup (10 pp) I couldn't find reduced fat tortilla chips and ended up getting regular.. so that added some points to the recipe.
Dinner: More enchilada soup (10 pp)
Snack: Yoplait Light w/ granola (4 pp) Glass of Wine (2 pp)

Daily Total/Allowed: 35/36

Exercise: Just Dance Sweat Mode (40 minutes)
Old 11-10-2014, 02:02 PM   #75  
Bella Signora ♥

Day 5: 199.6

Day 6: 198.8

Thank you everyone for the support! I'll try to be a little more active in here. I read everyone's posts, I'm just not one to talk much.

This past week has been very hard for me because I've been pulling late shifts (from 6pm-4am), and then getting up with my son at 9am, so I haven't been getting enough sleep. This has definitely affected my weight loss, even though I'm staying on track.

I've also started my period which has made me bloat like crazy, but we all just have to keep pushing on!