Old 10-15-2014, 09:32 AM   #16  

Height: 5'5"

I am still here. Still posting. The weight is coming off sickeningly slowly, largely because I am eating a little too much. It's okay, but I need to get serious about it again. Starting today. I admit to canceling lunch plans because eating a socially-acceptable meal in the middle of the day throws off my whole day. I am less likely to exercise in the afternoon, and I have a harder time restricting calories the rest of the day. Yesterday, after meeting someone for lunch, I had to get gas, and bought a donut too. I don't even like donuts all that much.

Sunarie - I love how you post what you are planning on eating. The planning makes my life better, and it looks like it's helping you kick butt!

PinkHurricane - A new job and a sick hubby. Plus, of course, that adorable baby. Sounds like you were a busy woman. Let us know how the job is going! Hope the hubby is all the way better.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 10:17 AM   #17  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Sunarie~ A loss is a loss! I am finally back to a somewhat more manageable schedule so I can post regularly. I have less than two weeks left at my current job then I will be working from home. I am so excited! What day do you have your WW meetings? I just love the community surrounding WW. How do you like Daily Burn?

Laurie~ I completely understand about lunch. I am the same way, because I get into that mentality that if I overdo it at lunch, then dinner doesn't matter because I can get right back on track tomorrow. I am glad you are still here!

This morning I weighed in at 289.4 I am finally out of the 290s for good!!! I have been staying on plan over a week now and I am finally getting in my groove. You know that feeling you get when you are on track and you start seeing/feeling the difference in eating better and sticking to it? That's how I am feeling, one day at a time!!

Last edited by Pink Hurricane; 10-15-2014 at 10:19 AM.
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 01:00 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Laurie - My weight has been inching off this past week as well. I'm still down a whole 1 lb, but daily it seems to fluctuate a lot. I've been hovering around the same 237 nearly all week, it'll come of in .1-.2lbs and then creep back up a bit, and then fall some more. Overall I've been losing though, so.. that keeps me going. Don't worry about the donut. Just one isn't gonna destroy everything.. make sure it is just the one though. Forgive yourself and get right back on plan. You're still here, and that is something

PinkHurricane - Whoo! Congrats on getting out of the 290's! I definitely know the feeling you're talking about. On days I eat better I could swear I also look better, like my confidence gets a boost. I know I actually don't, but it sure feels that way and I don't really fight it. I'm not actually doing official weight watchers stuff. I don't really have the funds to be spending an extra $60 a month for the online tools, and I don't have a car and all to go to meetings (money aside). I did find some free online tools that give me my daily points allowance (confirmed with some people who are on weight watchers) and a free online points calculator for foods. I've been using the forums as my meeting place. Daily Burn I liked a lot, but I am getting rid of it. Gonna replace it with Zumba DVDs because we're trying to save money. I definitely recommend it to people just starting with exercise. I loved their True Beginner program.

I weighed in at 236.7 today. Down another .1lb from yesterday. Want to get further from 237 because I've been hovering there for entirely too long. Baby steps!

Meal plan for today:
Breakfast: Breakfast Drink (4 points)
Snack: Yoplait Light + Granola (2 points)
Lunch: Pork Potstickers (16 points)
Snack: Just Peachy Green Smoothie (7 points)
Dinner: Progresso Light Soup (4 points)
Snack: Chocolate Raspberry Ice Cream Bar (2 points)

Daily Total/Allowed: 35/36
Weekly points Used: 0/35

Strength and Cardio 1 (26 min) is on the workout menu for today.

Last edited by sunarie; 10-16-2014 at 01:58 PM.
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 02:09 PM   #19  

I'm doing a 10 week challenge, and first week weigh-in was today. I'm down .5 lbs so far. A loss is good though! I think I may start adding a breakfast drink at night. I've noticed I get the hungriest in the evening, usually close to bedtime when I know I shouldn't be eating. Breakfast stuff is liquid, and it's filling long enough for me to be able to drink it 2 hours prior to bedtime and not be wanting to snack before I actually go to bed.

Meal plan for today:
Lunch: Orange Shredded Chicken w/ white rice (10 points)
Snack: PB&J Smoothie (6 points)
Dinner: 2 servings Orange Shredded Chicken w/ Steamed Veggies (10 points)
Snack: Breakfast Drink w/ Apple (4 points)

Daily Total/Allowed: 36/36

Just Dance Sweat Mode (40 Minutes) is my workout for today. Daily Burn sub ran out before my mom even shipped Zumba DVDs. I called her today to see if she had a tracking number cause it was taking a while... So Just Dance will likely be my workout for a while until those get here. Wish I would have remembered to nab them when I was there for my sister's wedding last month!
Old 10-16-2014, 07:10 PM   #20  
*Embrace Power*

Sunarie~ I had to stop going to WW for the same reasons, I wish they were cheaper but utilizing the forum is a great idea! That is a big reason why I love 3FC so much! I did not realize DailyBurn costs money now, it was free back in 2010/2011! I think it's great you are using Just Dance as your workout until your mom sends your Zumba dvds, you do not make any excuses! I also tend to get hungrier at night, where do you get those drinks or do you make them?

I was 288.8 this morning, chugging right along! My baby had his 6 month well baby check up this morning, and I decided to go to Starbucks since I have been limiting myself with them ever since I have been back on plan. I treated myself to a pumpkin spice latte and pumpkin cream cheese muffin and it was delicious. I think I enjoyed it more because I do not have treats like that all of the time anymore!

Our sweet little baby had a great checkup, he is very strong and physically advanced for his age, but he lost 12 ounces since our last visit. His pediatrician said it is probably due to him being so active, crawling, pulling himself up on everything, and playing so much that he is burning more calories than he is taking in. She said he is very healthy and strong but he cannot lose weight so we are starting him on two to three a day solids like an older baby would have, to hopefully increase his calories so he can gain weight and continue to grow stronger!

Hubby and I are dealing with a bit of work stress, especially on his end, so I am trying to keep him in good spirits. I plan to get him a little surprise soon, but I am horrible at keeping things a surprise because he will smile and poke me and those dimples always make me cave in. ^.^ We are also budgeting so I have to save up for it, but I am excited to surprise him!

Even in the most stressful times, remaining positive is important!

Last edited by Pink Hurricane; 10-16-2014 at 07:11 PM.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:06 AM   #21  

Sunarie - I LOVE that you are doing Weight Watchers the way you are. I have never talked myself into shelling out that kind of cash for a weight loss program, though I respect those that do. The breakfast drink at night sounds like a great way to avoid binges. Are you shifting points so that it doesn't increase your overall points, or are you just adding the points?

Pink Hurricane - Yay for the well-baby visits! Hope the solids work for the little guy. And yay for treating yourself to something you really enjoy! That's actually one of my favorite parts about this process. I used to feel guilty for almost every crumb I ate. Now, I can eat a donut or a cookie without any guilt at all, so long as I plan it in my daily calorie goals. And even on days when I do indulge without planning and it pushes my calorie intake too high, I still don't feel the same guilt, because I know I'm getting back on plan and it will only slow the loss a bit.

I finally broke through the very stubborn floor of 200 pounds. ONEDERLAND, baby. Onederland! I am hoping to get the next 10 pounds off fairly quickly, given how long I struggled with the 20_s, but we'll see.
Old 10-17-2014, 01:36 PM   #22  

Pink Hurricane - The drinks are just Carnation Instant Breakfast drinks. Most stores have them in the breakfast food isle. They come in regular and sugar free. I usually do the regular, may switch to sugar free if carbs becomes a major problem. You just mix the packet with milk (I use skim milk).. tastes like chocolate milk and is similar to a meal drink from say, Slimfast. Yay for well-child visits. They always use to scare me. Glad to hear yours went mostly well, and hopefully the solids help your little one to put on some weight. Also yay for surprises! Good luck keeping it a surprise until the reveal! Oh, and Daily Burn has a 30 day free trial, or did when I signed up, but is $10 a month subscription, $15 if you also do nutrition, though they may have just changed that (it looked like they did when I went to cancel my sub, usually I don't go to their website directly).

LaurieDawn - I'll just be shifting around where some of my points are. Currently I have a lot of points to work with because of how heavy I am, so I've been doing two servings of a meal for lunch, and some of the point heavier smoothies to eat up points. So the plan is to do less points intensive smoothies, and then do maybe only a serving and a half instead of two servings for meal stuff. Main thing is to avoid binging, especially late at night x.x CONGRATS ON ONEDERLAND!!

I'm down to 236.2 today. Slowly inching towards Onederland.. I shall make it someday! Went a little off meal plan yesterday. The orange chicken didn't turn out well, probably because I didn't notice the orange concentrate part of the recipe and tried to substitute orange juice and it just didn't taste well. Ended up only eating the first serving with the rice. Did another PB&J smoothie for dinner, and snuck in a Daily's Blue Hurricane slushie drink since I wasn't really hungry beyond that.

Thanksgiving plan is kinda getting changed around, which is causing me a bit of stress. I was looking forward to not having it at my house because I don't want the leftovers here, and really we don't have space. Boyfriend's mom is kinda insisting on coming up here versus us driving down there though because it's cooler in South Carolina than it is Florida, and she thinks the drive will be pretty in the fall. My boyfriend is going to be proposing at some point in the future (he had me pick out a ring, yay! Dunno why I forgot to post that in this thread).. so she'll be my MIL at some point and I don't want things to be rocky there.

I already told her I would rather go down there, and the why of it.. she's still pushing, so I'll probably cave... now I have to figure out what to cook that is still festive (that is on plan and hopefully tastes good to the folks not on a diet), won't take up a lot of space, that we can eat on the couch easily, and that won't result in lots of leftovers.

Boyfriend's dad is also coming to visit tomorrow morning through Sunday, so I'll probably not post much. I don't use the computer when we have visitors. Busy busy.

Meal plan for today:
Lunch: Sesame Chicken w/ white rice (10 points)
Snack: Pineapple Pina Colada Smoothie (5 points)
Dinner: 2 servings Sesame Chicken w/ Steamed Veggies (10 points)
Snack: Breakfast Drink (4 points)

Just Dance Sweat Mode (40 Minutes).

Last edited by sunarie; 10-17-2014 at 01:37 PM.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:40 AM   #23  

Boyfriend's dad visited us all of yesterday and left this morning, so I didn't do my daily weigh ins. I did peek at the scale before posting here (so about 11:30am) and was at 237. Normally I weigh myself in the morning after bathroom time, so seeing the higher weight didn't scare me as I'd already been drinking water for the day and eaten some stuff. We also went out to eat twice yesterday, but I tried to stay on plan as best I could. So meals for yesterday were yogurt and an apple for breakfast (2 points), Panera's smokehouse turkey panini, minus the bacon, for lunch (15 points), Applebee's Lemon Parmesan Shrimp for dinner (13 points), then I had a weight watchers ice cream bar when we got home (2 points), and one of the Carnation drinks before bed (4 points). So 36/36

Meal plan for today:
Snack: 1 Piece Ezekiel's Cinnamon Raisin Bread with Butter (3 points)
Lunch: Pork Potstickers (16 points)
Dinner: Chicken Salad w/ Blue Cheese Dressing and Mozzarella Cheese (7 points)

Daily Total/Allowed: 34/36

No exercise planned for today.

I'm probably going to end up eating more than what's on the plan. Typically I work later, so I don't actually wake up until around noon.. we've been up since 8am. It's sorta throwing off the whole eating schedule. It's lunchtime now, and normally I'd be doing breakfast.. so I'm a bit worried about tonight. If I need to dig into some weeklies then so be it though.

Last edited by sunarie; 10-19-2014 at 11:44 AM.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:24 AM   #24  

Sunarie - Sounds like you have this covered. Even shifts in plan don't throw you off!

PinkHurricane - Hope the new job is going well and you're juggling the working-at-home-with-a-baby thing.

Still in Onederland. Not moving very quickly down from the 200s, but trying to be patient with it all. The one-year commitment thing is good for that. This is not a "do it and be done" thing. It's a lifelong struggle, so, ultimately, the rate at which I lose the weight doesn't matter that much. I still want to get down to 190, though. REALLY badly. =)
Old 10-20-2014, 11:43 AM   #25  

LaurieDawn - I'm not totally covered, and I have weak spots too! I did over eat yesterday, and I don't even really know by how much. The one-year commitment attitude does help, as does accepting that it's a lifestyle change over a diet. This whole trip has actually been pretty awesome so far, and my most successful diet run, even if I dropped weight off quicker on some of the others. I didn't stick to those and then gained it all back plus some. So happy I've been able to stick with what I'm doing.

We got invited out to dinner at a place called 3 Matadors Tequilaria last night. So ended up skipping the chicken salad, and my night time meal drink. Replaced it with chicken fajitas (3) instead. I am 100% positive the meal was over points, but by how many I'm not sure. The place didn't have a nutritional menu available.

I'm suprisingly okay with it though. Its only the second time in two months I've went off plan, and neither time did I burn out of my weekly points, so it technically hasn't even been off plan. that's a huge win for me.

Downside is the scale is up to 237 today for my normal weigh-in time. Oh well!

Meal plan for today:
Snack: 1 Piece Ezekiel's Cinnamon Raisin Bread with Butter (3 points)
Lunch: Spicy Teriyaki Chicken w/ steamed veggies on the side (14 points)
Snack: Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie (4 points)
Dinner: Chicken Salad w/ Blue Cheese Dressing and Mozzarella Cheese (7 points)

Daily Total/Allowed: 36/36
Weekly points Used: ?/35

40 minutes Just Dance today. Mom said Zumba should be here on the 27th. Looking forward to that!
Old 10-21-2014, 11:48 AM   #26  

Scale is back down to 236.2. So now I'm where I was before boyfriend's dad visited. Yay! Two more days before the weigh in for a few challenges I'm participating in. Hopefully the scale keeps going down. Plus I wanna update my ticker to 236, and I don't do that until I've stayed at or below 236 for two days. Weekly points reset tomorrow, so also yay for that.

Meal plan for today:
Lunch: 3 Tacos (12 points)
Snack: Apple Peach Crisp Smoothie (5 points)
Dinner: Leftover Tacos (3) (12 points)
Snack: Yoplait Light (2 points)

Weekly points Used: ?/35

Exercise: 40 minutes Just Dance
Old 10-22-2014, 09:38 AM   #27  

Sunarie - Nice pic! Yes. Off-plan days happen, and I am a big believer in embracing and enjoying them. They make the weight loss marginally slower (probably - there's differing views on them), but so much more sustainable. Congrats on your continuing success!

Pink Hurricane - Can't wait to hear about the new job!

I woke up starving yesterday morning, and then had two social meal obligations. I hate those, but they are part of life. Add to that a lifting day (which can make me retain water), and my weight is up by almost a pound this morning. Just don't care, though. Today will be more on plan, and will include a run, so should see the scale back down again tomorrow, hopefully.
Old 10-22-2014, 12:14 PM   #28  
*Embrace Power*

Catching up with y'all, will make a full post once I am up to speed!
Old 10-22-2014, 12:15 PM   #29  

LaurieDawn - It's such a great feeling to have a bad scale day, or a day that's off plan and not really care about it. Sorta a weight lifted off the shoulders. Yay to you taking the social obligations and some water retention in stride too.

I'm down to 235.4 today. 235 is a new lowest number on the scale for me since I gained weight after my son was born six years ago. So happy dance there. Weigh in for challenges is tomorrow, so is grocery shopping day. Today's meal is a little more unhealthy than typical though. Have a craving for some pizza, so gonna satisfy it in a WW friendly way, though it is still a bit greasy.

Meal plan for today:
Lunch: 3 Texas Toast Garlic Bread Pizzas (12 points)
Snack: Apple Peach Crisp Smoothie (5 points)
Dinner: Chicken Salad (10 points)
Snack: Yoplait Light + Granola (4 points)

Exercise: 40 minutes Just Dance
Old 10-22-2014, 03:17 PM   #30  
*Embrace Power*

LaurieDawn~ Yaaayyyy for being in Onederland!! Do you lift at home, and what program do you follow? I really want to start lifting!

Sunaire~ Eeeep!!! Love that you got to pick out a ring and that he is going to propose soon, I am so happy for you!!!! I understand the pressure of having to figure out what to cook, as I am having the same issues since we are doing holiday meals at our home this year. Glad the visit with your boyfriend's dad went well, and that you are back down in your weight!

The new job is going great! I am officially freelance writing from home and have a decent steady job of writing press releases, while I can also write more creative pieces on the side and submit them to different publications for extra money if they are accepted. My last day as a nanny is Friday,so things will really take off with my new job on Monday!

My weight for the past week has bounced between 288.2 and 290. Soooo frustrating but I will keep pushing on! I found a great recipe for keto pumpkin muffins/cakes. I am going to try my hand at those this weekend. Yesterday I ate off plan a good bit since my husband was able to come off a super strict diet he had to do for work, so no weigh in this morning for me. Back on plan today though!

Last edited by Pink Hurricane; 10-22-2014 at 03:18 PM.