Old 10-20-2014, 04:53 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 101/ - /58.8 kgs

Height: 1, 58 m

I'm 171.9, so might be joining the 160s thread soon but i'm also here and at the 170's. I just can't let go of the people i meet in each and every thread! Lol! I've been having an easier time losing weight due to some new medicine for migraine that made me lose some of my apetite. It is not good, actually, and i might stop taking it due to other side effects. Soda tastes like metal, also. The 170's are being much easier than the 180's, so the 160's will probably be dificult.... usually one decade is easy and the other is tough.... no idea why this happens!
Marina Brasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:56 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 217.6/153.2/140

Height: 5'5

I don't have much to report either, except that Oreos are delicious and I can't stop eating them. lol
xRiotGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 09:34 AM   #18  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Marina - awesome job and best of luck to you. I'm sure we'll cross paths in other threads. I hope the 170s end up being easier than the 180s for me, because this has been he11! I'm sorry the medicine isn't working out though.

RiotGirl - Yeah they are pretty delicious aren't they...I've been the same way with the halloween candy that is unfortunately in my office right now. Thank goodness I have willpower on my fast days, because I certainly don't on the other days of the week!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 09:37 PM   #19  

^Seriously, I don't know how you do it. lol Ah well, I'm not being too hard on myself. You could say I'm taking a break. I haven't really thought about weighing myself, and while I'm tracking all of my food, I'm not really trying too hard to make my calorie goal. If I can get close, I'm happy. I don't want to gain, but as long as I maintain right now I'm good. I give it another week at most before I get really bored...

@Marina I also had that with the 170's, just seemed to fall right through them in comparison to the 180's and now the 160's..might just have to do with momentum! I'm strarting to feel like I might never leave this thread, I love this group right here! lol

@LesMills welcome! I think you will find that you rather like this group. Congrats on the awesome weigh in. I love me some whooshes.

Last edited by xRiotGirl; 10-22-2014 at 09:40 PM.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:22 PM   #20  

OMG, we are having a meeting at work on friday and its kinda casual so everyone must bring a dish (do you have a name for this?). We are suposed to eat right before the meeting and my colleagues are planning on starving themselves and not having breakfast in order to eat a lot!! I work at a Health Center and i am almost sure the food people will bring won't be healthy at all! Lol!

xRiotGirl I'm ok with a slow decade if that means i get to lose faster on the next! Lol! My goal is 130, so I still have a loooong way to go.

Last edited by Marina Brasil; 10-22-2014 at 10:27 PM.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:22 AM   #21  
Call me NNS!

Marina, we call it a pot luck or a covered dish dinner I hope you managed to enjoy without going overboard!

183 this morning. I am less than a half pound away from 50 pounds lost! So motivating to be losing again and be near some big milestones.
Old 10-24-2014, 03:39 PM   #22  

Pot luck? That's a funny name, i like it! Ok, so we had the pot luck and it turned out to be quite dramatic. A few employees dislike our current coordinator and decided not to bring dishes to the pot luck in the hopes of making the rest of us feel a bit embarassed of the small amount of food and then have everybody go out to lunch, which would be an insult to our coordinator for a number of reasons. Fortunately, some of us picked up on this before it happened and we bought some more food at a bakery nearby and the people who purposedly didn't bring a dish were the ones who got embarassed. I am quite shocked by this. Our boss is a great person. She is a nurse who got the job after working for many years at the clinic and she is honest, hard working and fair. I ended up eating reasonable portions. I also had two small slices of coconut cake and i'll probably skip my afternoon snack and have a late dinner (around 9 pm) because i'm not hungry at all (it's 6pm here). Today i'm back to 171.9 lbs.

nonameslob Yay! 50 lbs! That's how much i've lost too! Congratulations! Feels great, doesn't it?

Last edited by Marina Brasil; 10-24-2014 at 03:42 PM.
Old 10-26-2014, 10:09 PM   #23  

Just had a huuuuuuuuge binging episode. More than 5000 calories, possibly 7000. Not sure why i did it, everything is ok today... it will show on the scale and it won't be water weight. Not sure how i managed to eat al, that food, but it took a few hours. Now i'm feeling numb and tired from all that food but will try to exercise and make it a little better.

kurisitaru, I cannot explain how happy i am to hear from you. I was worried sick! Can't you just lessen the pressure you put on yourself for a while? Maybe just try to be healthy, eat healthy food, exercise and stuff and then go back to trying to lose? I am not sure what is making your journey so hard, but it is possible to lose weight and be healthy and i believe you will find out what works for you. I know it may seem corny, but you could never ever be a cow... your weight doesn't define who you are.

Last edited by Marina Brasil; 10-26-2014 at 10:10 PM.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:41 AM   #24  
Call me NNS!

Well I guess I better get out of this thread soon so I can join you all in the 170s thread! I'm close, but it still seems so far away.
Old 10-27-2014, 09:09 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 291/ticker/154

Height: 5'7"

Bounced up a couple today There's always this week to try again Have a good week everyone!
LesMillsLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 06:31 PM   #26  

Hi guys, still hangin around. Still not back into 'losing' mode. Still eating myself silly with all the chocolate lying around... I've kind of lost sight of my clean eating goals, hydration goals, workout goals, every kind of healthy goal. Kinda weird how fast that happened. But I know that getting back on will be just as fast. Taking the first step is the hard part. Saying no to another Reese's pumpkin is the really hard part.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:04 PM   #27  

I've screwed up pretty bad lately... been feeling sick and having migranes. I'm taking a new medication that had been working up until now but the pain is back. I binged.... gained some weight and feel tired and sick most of the time. I hate this...
Old 10-29-2014, 05:35 PM   #28  

^I know what you mean, I've been going through it too. Well, not the migraines and medication, but the on and off bingeing and not losing and probably gaining. I keep looking at where I am compared to where I started and trying to be okay with the fact that even if I were to gain let's say 5 pounds, I would still be way better off than I was. And in reality, it would take a LOT of overeating to gain an entire 5 pounds. It's okay to take a break, whether it is a week long or 3 months long. This is a lifelong journey, so there is no due date, or needing to finish in x amount of time. Hang in there. I hope the migraines ease up for you soon.
Old 11-04-2014, 09:07 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 256/251/145

Height: 5'6"

Hello Chickies! I am back. Most of you wouldn't remember me but I haven't been on most of the summer. I was to busy eating. Still in the 180s.
scarletmeshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 06:00 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 272/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Scarlet!! I remember you, I've been kind of awol too. Still stuck in the 170's but I'm okay with it. I realized one day that my original goal was below 180. Not healthy or good for the BMI charts but after spending 30 years in the high 200's felt it would be a good goal. Just recently I bought three pairs of size 12 pants from goodwill and they fit. My body is changing even while the weight loss has remained stagnant. 176 today
lotsakids is offline   Reply With Quote